Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (911992 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by holychic: 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2017
Williamso:
Hello ladies and gentlemen.

Anyone looking for Euros to buy? At relative exchange rates? Kindly shoot me a PM or mention smiley
freue mich auf eure Nachrichten
pls sent you a pm.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Shakitibob0: 5:06pm On Mar 04, 2017
rudyislife:
i applied for summer 2017,using uniasist, of the four schools I applied to three already gave me decision, two came in December and one Came Jan ending,just one decision is remaining,thats Uni marburg so bros, I think something is wrong.
how much did you pay uniassist to apply to those four schools?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Shakitibob0: 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2017
henriq2:
Please can someone use a transcript that is addressed to a particular school, for another school in case of multiple applications ??

Also is it applicable to Uniassist.
are you just starting the process too?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henriq2: 7:28pm On Mar 04, 2017
Shakitibob0:
are you just starting the process too?

Yes.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by henriq2: 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2017
MrEbony:

Since you are using Uni-Assist, they will sort that out. It's not something to worry about

Please My transcript is addressed to a Nigerian university, but I want to use it for other German Universities. Some applications may not be through Uni-assist.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TayeJ: 8:53pm On Mar 04, 2017
jbonito:

Bro. Just go ahead and fund your DB account and send the confirmation to the embassy. Believe your visa is almost on the way, so do not let funding delay it.

Cheers.
Amen.
Thank you for your encouraging response.
cheers!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sawhite: 9:18pm On Mar 04, 2017
tomshare16:
hi. i have admission for a six month language study and also conditional admission for a one-year prep school in Magdeburg.. i have acquired a Formal Obligation letter (for sponsorship) from a lomg time family friend in Germany. Is my chances of getting a student visa better? (my last visa application was refused.. i had only the language school admission without the prep school admission at the time)
what's is the name of you language school and in which state is it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tomshare16: 9:34pm On Mar 04, 2017
sawhite:
what's is the name of you language school and in which state is it?

Akadamie fur fremdsprachen GmbH in Berlin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sawhite: 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2017
tomshare16:

Akadamie fur fremdsprachen GmbH in Berlin
well you have no problem, a close friend of mine also applied through the same path way program though a different language school and the conditional admission was from another university also got his and he is already in Germany and he is to start his German class on Monday , buh one thing that would have given you and upper hand was if u had learnt German atleast A1 cause it can get tricky during the interview.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tomshare16: 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2017
sawhite:
well you have no problem, a close friend of mine also applied through the same path way program though a different language school and the conditional admission was from another university also got his and he is already in Germany and he is to start his German class on Monday , buh one thing that would have given you and upper hand was if u had learnt German atleast A1 cause it can get tricky during the interview.

yeah. i start a 7wk prog at Goethe on the 20th
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tomshare16: 10:31pm On Mar 04, 2017
sawhite:

yeah. i start a 7wk prog at Goethe on the 20th and will continue on from there in berlin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sawhite: 10:35pm On Mar 04, 2017
tomshare16:

yeah. i start a 7wk prog at Goethe on the 20th and will continue on from there in berlin
how much was the total fee u paid for the whole package
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tomshare16: 10:53pm On Mar 04, 2017
sawhite:
how much was the total fee u paid for the whole package

for the language school, its 300€ a month, paid 3mnths (booked 6mnths).. the prep is 5200€, paid half
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vampire2020: 11:33pm On Mar 04, 2017
tomshare16:

for the language school, its 300€ a month, paid 3mnths (booked 6mnths).. the prep is 5200€, paid half
that really expensive
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mountainjulius: 4:00am On Mar 05, 2017
hadassaheke:
Good morning people!
For those that opened their blocked account in Abuja. How much were you charged?
Also, were the forms sent to DB by the embassy or were you asked to go send the form on your own?
Thanks!

As of Jan 23rd, the fee was €20(6700) and the embassy sent the forms to the Db.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by daontop: 10:17am On Mar 05, 2017
mostfavour:
Since no one commented nor shown up, it means am the only summer admission awaiting applicant?
Uni-assist pls my BP is getting high oo

Hello, good morning. How did you pay the uni-assist fee, i am going to pay mine tomorrow using Gtbank. I want to make transfer to the account on their website.

Is there any special thing to watch out for?

Anticipating your kind response.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by daontop: 10:26am On Mar 05, 2017
Hello everyone. Good morning. I plan going to the bank first thing tomorrow morning to go make the transfer for my uni-assist application. For some of us that have paid the required fee, how did you go about it. I plan using Gtbank.

Is there anything i need to look out for?

Anticipating kind responses.

Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 12:09pm On Mar 05, 2017
mountainjulius:

As of Jan 23rd, the fee was €20(6700) and the embassy sent the forms to the Db.
OK, thanks!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rudyislife: 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2017
Shakitibob0:
how much did you pay uniassist to apply to those four schools?
I paid 105 for three schools, one was for free
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 05, 2017
hadassaheke:

It's not compulsory, I used English proficiency letter and I was admitted to the same TUM
please sis what did you fill in the slot for secondary school gpa. please reply
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2017
pitapromiz:
please sis what did you fill in the slot for secondary school gpa. please reply
I put in the number of credits I had in my O'level E.g 7 credits

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
hadassaheke:

I put in the number of credits I had in my O'level E.g 7 credits
thanks so much
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 7:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
PM me for your uniassist payment.

In another news, there is now an alternative bank to Deutsche Bank regarding block account opening; and it is recognised by the embassy in Nigeria. The process is online.

"student, research and language course visa
For the purpose of studying or conducting research at a German university, you are required to apply for a student visa. Language courses for the duration of more than three months also belong in this category.

With a blocked account you can provide evidence during the visa application process that you have adequate financial resources.

We are aware of the following providers in Germany who currently offer blocked bank accounts for students:

Fintiba

Deutsche Bank"

http://www.nigeria.diplo.de/Vertretung/nigeria/en/04-1_20Visa/Long_20term_20visa/Visa_20-_20Long_20term.html

https://www.fintiba.com/#home-offering

Also note: PLEASE NOTE:

"Student Visa appointments will not be booked via email anymore!

Instead, please use the link for the appointment booking system (see link on the right!)

This change will become effective from March 4th on, all inquiries sent on/before March 3rd will be processed!

We strongly recommend you not to book an appointment if you do not hold all of the following documents:

- Valid letter of admission or conditional admission

- Proof of sufficient funds(guarantor’s form or German/European scholarship)or proof of blocked account opening."

Shalom

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by doctape: 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
Hello all, I beg ur pardon to please analyse my situation and advice me accordingly,it is really important for me.
I was admitted into a university in nigeria to study computer science,although it was to be in the faculty of education and not pure sciences. I succesfully completed a year of study albeit with a carryover in physics and maths still my GPA was above 2.5. In my second year i lost my parents and for a while things went downhill and i had to drop out 2014. I engaged in other jobs to pick up before returning back. I have secured sufficient finance and i dont feel motivated to study in Nigeria anymore.
I have done my research and found Germany to be a good location,my question is since i need to have completed atleast a year in Nigeria which i have, would my qualification be sufficient and would it get me admitted to study a purely science course-computer/engineering related course since i was in the faculty of education.Also would the timing between when i finished the first year and now be an issue?
Any help would mean the world to me and if am not in the right place,direct me. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Neyoalao(m): 8:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
honourableseyi:

In another news, there is now an alternative bank to Deutsche Bank regarding block account opening; and it is recognised by the embassy in Nigeria. The process is online.

For the purpose of studying or conducting research at a German university, you are required to apply for a student visa. Language courses for the duration of more than three months also belong in this category.

With a blocked account you can provide evidence during the visa application process that you have adequate financial resources.

We are aware of the following providers in Germany who currently offer blocked bank accounts for students:

Fintiba

Deutsche Bank"

http://www.nigeria.diplo.de/Vertretung/nigeria/en/04-1_20Visa/Long_20term_20visa/Visa_20-_20Long_20term.html

Instead, please use the link for the appointment booking system (see link on the right!)

This change will become effective from March 4th on, all inquiries sent on/before March 3rd will be processed!

We strongly recommend you not to book an appointment if you do not hold all of the following documents:

- Proof of sufficient funds(guarantor’s form or German/European scholarship)or proof of blocked account opening."

Shalom
boss how about booking of appointment for certification?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 9:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
Neyoalao:

boss how about booking of appointment for certification?

I don't think they need all that since it is an online account opening. Contact them to know more about how they work. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 9:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
Abeg haux I gax probs with this German school application stuff.
Str8 up, I need a calmly and serene advice on a school that grant admission faster in Germany.
My profile are thus:
I'm presently 25
Sociology graduate with 2.1 and my CGPA is 3.53, graduated Feb 2015
My parents would be my sponsor.
What I Need is a school that can grant me admission in sociology (masters degree) irrespective of the rank of the school in Germany, presumably low rank. Abeg I wan port since Naija no dey smile.

Anticipating on rapid response irrespective of critics smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
doctape:
Hello all, I beg ur pardon to please analyse my situation and advice me accordingly,it is really important for me.
I was admitted into a university in nigeria to study computer science,although it was to be in the faculty of education and not pure sciences. I succesfully completed a year of study albeit with a carryover in physics and maths still my GPA was above 2.5. In my second year i lost my parents and for a while things went downhill and i had to drop out 2014. I engaged in other jobs to pick up before returning back. I have secured sufficient finance and i dont feel motivated to study in Nigeria anymore.
I have done my research and found Germany to be a good location,my question is since i need to have completed atleast a year in Nigeria which i have, would my qualification be sufficient and would it get me admitted to study a purely science course-computer/engineering related course since i was in the faculty of education.Also would the timing between when i finished the first year and now be an issue?
Any help would mean the world to me and if am not in the right place,direct me. Thanks

You need to know that this is not a place to decide if you will be given admission or not, it actually depend on your prospective schools. However, I will just advise you to start with the process, the year you got the 100L doesn't matter as far as getting admission is concerned. Also, don't Engineering course in Germany is not a child play at all. You can apply to as many as possible schools and most importantly the programs with non restricted admission to increase your chances. The next step for you to take is, write IELTS/TOEFL; while you are preparing for that, quickly work on how you can get your transcript out. You can look into these courses, Agriculture, Logistics, Information Engineering(hard small) - Rhinewal, computer science - ULM, Logistics/ Business Engineering - Schweinfurt. All these programs are non restricted, you can get easily into them with grade once you have IELTS except ULM that I am not sure of. Shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 12:09am On Mar 06, 2017
honourableseyi:

Fintiba

Deutsche Bank"

Shalom
A good development. Deutsch Banks monopoly is quite annoying. A friend who just arrived went through a different means after Deutsche Bank reared their ugly head. He got a referral from a Prof to open an account and it was accepted by the embassy. It saved one the stress of travelling miles and risking one's life just to open an account.
I'm surprised other German banks have not keyed into this opportunity.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jonoshio: 12:46am On Mar 06, 2017
Please check your email bro

obiscology:
Please someone should give me the link for the old deutsch bank application form. The one with the value of 8090 euros. Please it's urgent
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by elemzbaba: 6:33am On Mar 06, 2017
Other banks, e.g sparkasse and commerzbank, offer blocked account services. DB offers its services in English, their accounts are easier to run, maybe that's why the embassy leans towards them. Also, you only have one account. With sparkasse and commerzbank, you have to open a girokonto(like a current account) and a sparkonto(savings account) and transfer funds between them. This can be done online with commerzbank but you have to physically go to the bank to withdraw from your sparkasse. A pain when you're not present in the city where your account is domiciled. Students don't have to pay with DB unless you're above 30. It's 25 yrs for sparkasse
Eke40seven:

A good development. Deutsch Banks monopoly is quite annoying. A friend who just arrived went through a different means after Deutsche Bank reared their ugly head. He got a referral from a Prof to open an account and it was accepted by the embassy. It saved one the stress of travelling miles and risking one's life just to open an account.
I'm surprised other German banks have not keyed into this opportunity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.