Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,388 members, 7,836,561 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (919614 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hrmdesk: 7:55am On Jul 16, 2017
Hello gurus and everyone in the house,

Please I'm very disturbed about this. I got admitted for MSc program but my school made a mistake on my postal address (they did not put my house number) so I'm afraid the admission letter may not get to me. I got to know about this mistake because they sent me a scan copy. Although I've mail them concerning this and they told me the scan copy is an absolute substitute to the hardcopy so that I should go ahead to process my visa. I already got an interview date, but given this circumstances I'm afraid what will be the embassy position if I did not present the original copy of my admission letter. Please I need help on this house. Thanks for your comments
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bizza009(m): 8:35am On Jul 16, 2017
hrmdesk:
Hello gurus and everyone in the house,

Please I'm very disturbed about this. I got admitted for MSc program but my school made a mistake on my postal address (they did not put my house number) so I'm afraid the admission letter may not get to me. I got to know about this mistake because they sent me a scan copy. Although I've mail them concerning this and they told me the scan copy is an absolute substitute to the hardcopy so that I should go ahead to process my visa. I already got an interview date, but given this circumstances I'm afraid what will be the embassy position if I did not present the original copy of my admission letter. Please I need help on this house. Thanks for your comments

You have nothing to worry about,print a colored copy of the admission letter use it for ur interview and u'ld be fine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 8:42am On Jul 16, 2017
Tinder:

abi na Vielen dank mein Bruder smiley
Nichts zu danken! wink
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TheDreamChaser: 9:14am On Jul 16, 2017
darlingtonNYIG:
please experienced guys can you enlighten more on this cos their silence is hurting especially without go and fund notification. I saw people talking about receiving go and fund mail after week of their interview but mine is a month now.

Go fund your account bro and notify them once it is confirmed. I had the same experience too as I didn't get any mail after four weeks, so I funded and notified them when Deutsche bank sent me the confirmation letter then I got my AM mail some few days later
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by darlingtonNYIG(m): 11:02am On Jul 16, 2017
TheDreamChaser:

Go fund your account bro and notify them once it is confirmed. I had the same experience too as I didn't get any mail after four weeks, so I funded and notified them when Deutsche bank sent me the confirmation letter then I got my AM mail some few days later
thanks man. Will do that this Wednesday
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PlatinumPlato(m): 11:07am On Jul 16, 2017
Anyone on visa application list for UNIBREMEN? connect me via cekebor@icloud.com, lets meet and share ideas, @Raemond, @Horpsy5, @Ebonosky, @Dude04
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by eddiemei(m): 11:12am On Jul 16, 2017
eddiemei:

Champs.......
Kindly help me out through this.....

Brothers......kindly bail me out on this....

Thanks in anticipation ...

Regards
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by eddiemei(m): 11:13am On Jul 16, 2017
eddiemei:
Good day champs......

Congratulations to all given admission and those still hopeful. Your's will come....

Have got a question,
Currently on a cross road and i want to know what to expect from the embassy when using a sponsor.
Am I to know my sponsor in details as to what he/she does, monthly income, tax and others........?
Please advice and criticism is much appreciated.

Regards.

Brothers......kindly bail me out on this....

Thanks in anticipation ...

Regards.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 11:18am On Jul 16, 2017
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by smurfymorello: 12:41pm On Jul 16, 2017
1. Your to block nothing less than € 8640
2. Both are good as they are both recommended by the embassy ...but I'll opt for fintiba because it's faster to open. Hope this helps
dejx:
Good day all, I just joined this thread

1. Please I will like to know the exact minimum amount to block. I used to think it is #3M (Euros 8000) but as the money is getting close to 3M and I decided to open block account On Fintiba, am seeing 720Euro for 12months (Euros 8640) that will be over 3.5M in the end. I don't know if it's ok to work out a figure that will amount to Euros 8000 for the 12months.

2. Which one is safer, easier and faster, Fintiba or Duetshe bank.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2017
BT fitinba should have some Con's right?
smurfymorello:
1. Your to block nothing less than € 8640
2. Both are good as they are both recommended by the embassy ...but I'll opt for fintiba because it's faster to open. Hope this helps
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by smurfymorello: 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
Don't think so..havent heard of any. My advice never try to find cons when it comes down to this German people , cuz they are strict
Rapahel1116:
BT fitinba should have some Con's right?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by righthappenings: 2:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
makinzwurld:
Congrats!
B.Sc or M.Sc?

M.Sc
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by righthappenings: 2:51pm On Jul 16, 2017
gracious136:
You write your international passport number.
That's all
Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by righthappenings: 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
Touchflex:
German Consulate in Lagos Nigeria

I am grateful

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by righthappenings: 4:08pm On Jul 16, 2017
gracious136:
You write your international passport number.
That's all
Sorry, but it states there to write "Not available" if you dont have one. Should i still write my international passport number? Sorry i second guessed you. Just being careful. Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ejemedav: 4:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
Good evening all, please I need those with good knowledge of my issue to respond, from what I saw on d embassy site it's only those whose enrollment deadline reads 30th of October and November as well as those with scholarship can get an appointment. Question is can I get an appointment with a six months scholarship of 400€/month?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dejx: 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2017
dejx:
Good day all, I just joined this thread

1. Please I will like to know the exact minimum amount to block. I used to think it is #3M (Euros 8000) but as the money is getting close to 3M and I decided to open block account On Fintiba, am seeing 720Euro for 12months (Euros 8640) that will be over 3.5M in the end. I don't know if it's ok to work out a figure that will amount to Euros 8000 for the 12months.

2. Which one is safer, easier and faster, Fintiba or Duetshe bank.

Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
alex2305:
Does anyone know the differences between courses taught in German language VS English language?

Anything you do here, having good German language skills is either important or a requirement.

German taught programs are mainly for local consumption. This has nothing to do with international recognition, as the blogger falsely stated. German degrees are recognised worldwide. Whether you studied in German or English you can work anywhere in the world, so long as other conditions (wrt the job) are met.

However, if after studying here in English, and your wish is to stay back/work, you must have German language proficiency up to B1/B2.
#officialLanguage#Arbeitssprache

It is not uncommon/illogical. Germans with german degrees and good command of English/French etc work internationally.

I suppose by now you can understand why studying in German is (primarily) for local consumption.

Also, note that some English taught programs are not designed for the graduates to stay back after studies...but of course nobody would force you out after graduation.

Tschüss!

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2017
UncleJudax:

Anything you do here, having good German language skills is either important or a requirement.

German taught programs are mainly for local consumption. This has nothing to do with international recognition, as the blogger falsely stated. German degrees are recognised worldwide. Whether you studied in German or English you can work anywhere in the world, so long as other conditions (wrt the job) are met.

However, if after studying here in English, and your wish is to stay back/work, you must have German language proficiency up to B1/B2.

It is not uncommon/illogical. Germans with german degrees and good command of English/French etc work internationally.

I suppose by now you can understand why studying in German is (primarily) for local consumption.

Also, note that some English taught programs are not designed for the graduates to stay back after studies...but of course nobody would force you out after graduation.

Tschüss!

Thank you
German degrees are recognised worldwide
I stopped reading the article when I saw "German degrees are not recognised worldwide"

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
Nice one UncleJudax

My course started that I must be proficient in German before I graduate. That's a motivation for me. What's the easiest way to be proficient in German?
UncleJudax:

Tschüss!

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2017
donkafor:
Nice one UncleJudax

My course started that I must be proficient in German before I graduate. That's a motivation for me. What's the easiest way to be proficient in German?
Is German Language integrated in your program? If yes fab.

Otherwise you would have to look for a tandem partner and/or enrol into evening classes...usually run by the language department of Universities.

That said, it appears the fastest way to become proficient is via intensive courses...run by universities or private language schools....but two things are involved. These courses are costly and you may not have the time.

When you show, you go make your choice, based on wetin you see (reality)

Take care

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ebenosky: 6:04pm On Jul 16, 2017
Unibremen rejected my application for admission into their MSc Neurosciences program.

PlatinumPlato:
Anyone on visa application list for UNIBREMEN? connect me via cekebor@icloud.com, lets meet and share ideas, @Raemond, @Horpsy5, @Ebonosky, @Dude04
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2017
Thanks..
UncleJudax:

Is German Language integrated in your program? If yes fab.

Otherwise you would have to look for a tandem partner and/or enrol into evening classes...usually run by the language department of Universities.

That said, it appears the fastest way to become proficient is via intensive courses...run by universities or private language schools....but two things are involved. These courses are costly and you may not have the time.

When you show, you go make your choice, based on wetin you see (reality)

Take care

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kag1: 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2017
Hello Bro,
Thanks for the information.
I just checked DAAD but the deadlines hasn't been changed from July 15.
You know the application is done via Uniassist. Is Uniassit on the same page as the school on this new develpment?
Thanks

SleekAB:
Hi peeps... I salute!

Just to let you know that anyone still interested in hitting Germany this winter semester can apply to HS Rhein-Waal. Application deadline has been extended to 15th August for all non restricted Bachelor's and Master's courses. Enrollment deadline has also been extended to 15th November.

Cheers!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2017
kag1:
Hello Bro,
You know the application is done via Uniassist. Is Uniassit on the same page as the school on this new develpment?
Thanks

It has been extended. Don't wait till DAAD will update it on their website, for I am very sure they will not. If you have IELTS or TOEFL, use the opportunity before it is too late. The beauty of it is that, you don't need to send any document to uni-assist, just register on uni-assist portal, upload your original documents, pay the uni-assist fee; you are good to go with that. They also extended it twice last year. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
To the prospective students of University of applied sciences, Schweinfurt-Wurzburg(FHWS); your first enrollment is online and the final enrollment and resumption deadline is November 14th of every year. Just write a mail to the school, telling them that you need a message stating that your enrollment deadline is Nov. 14th, they will reply you ASAP, screen munch the response, attach it and send it along with other documents to the embassy and wait for your interview date. Shalom

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raemond(m): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2017
Ebenosky:
Unibremen rejected my application for admission into their MSc Neurosciences program.

I was not admitted either..... Waiting on Bonn though
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SleekAB: 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2017
kag1:
Hello Bro,
Thanks

The school says to apply through uni-assist if you do not have an Arbitur or German Entrance Qualification. I believe uni-assist should be in tandem with the school's deadline extension.

You can apply through uni-assist, and then inform them through their contact form (fortunately, all you need do is upload all required documents online). Better yet, you can mail the school and ask for guidance/clarification.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
Jigba:

Thank you
German degrees are recognised worldwide
I stopped reading the article when I saw "German degrees are not recognised worldwide"

some bloggers write so authoritatively, you would think they belong to a certain decision making committee.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by righthappenings: 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2017
ejemedav:
Good evening all, please I need those with good knowledge of my issue to respond, from what I saw on d embassy site it's only those whose enrollment deadline reads 30th of October and November as well as those with scholarship can get an appointment. Question is can I get an appointment with a six months scholarship of 400€/month?
Does that mean people without scholarship can't apply?

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (500)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.