Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (913045 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iamzizou: 11:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
Kul. Which course? I'm applying for Masters in Microbiology
Economics
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nosky247: 11:35pm On Apr 21, 2016
iamzizou:
Economics
Wow, biochemistry, jena. I've sent the hard copy of my application form and they have received and forwarded it to the committee to take decision. They will notify me by the end of May
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nero2009(m): 2:38am On Apr 22, 2016
please i have been reading this thread from the part 1 and i have searched for universities offering masters in computer engineering and i found only one and that one requires toefl and GRE......please is it everyone that has a toefl and please what is GRE
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 0yewale(m): 5:29am On Apr 22, 2016
I think that means the travelling date you will specify in your health insurance should be at least 30th of April, assuming you are dropping your envelope at the embassy today.
About Wakanow, you can book and pay online yourself with your naira debit cards at (wakanow.com), print-out your ticket that will be send across to your email.
I think both airline are okay even though i have only used Turkish before and i think the little difference in their pricing and the stop-over duration should help you in choosing between the two.

Congrats!
BlessedSamson:
Pls ooo, my e-family, on the mail I got to come for my visa, it was stated that "my departure should be scheduled at least 7 days from the posting of my envelope". pls I don't seem to understand that.

also I really need the cheapest flight I can get, on wakanow.com " emirates" and "Turkish airline" seem to be the cheapest, which one is preferable and am I to book at the airport. and pls any other info as regards booking air ticket is highly welcomed.

What if after getting my visa,i postpone the day I want to travel, what will happen?

what will they ask me at the airport?...is there any interview at the embassy for collection of visa?

pls any other advice that will be needed is highly welcome. want to go collect the insurance document tommorow.

I wish my other colleagues in the house success.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by acedboss(m): 6:13am On Apr 22, 2016
thefacelessguy:

Yes I did Boss.

Thank you for reaching out. I actually have certified all of my documents. My issue basically is
(a) I earlier applied only to a school and got reject; Now I want to apply to any other school that still have the admission for Winter on before it's closed. I hope it's not too late
(b) I don't want to have to send hard copy documents again with another 12k until I'm quite sure the admission is secured. I'd prefer schools with online application before final sending of hard copies.

Do you know any that fall into this category??

Danke Bruder!

Unfortunately I don't know of schools with only online applications but I see some peeps have informed you of some already. You don't have to spend 12k to post. with TNT u can post with around 7k and your docs will get to Germany within 3 days.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by acedboss(m): 6:39am On Apr 22, 2016
lobito007:

That was rather insensitive, immature, ruthless and tacky of you. The guy feels bad already. Why would you conclude that this happened to him because he has ill luck. Why would you even attach something that involves error-vulnerable human processes to luck. Mistakes like this one happen occasionally and could fall on anyone. You think it cant happen to you? Do some growing up!

Don't criticize what you neither know nor understand! I was born and raised in the South west of nigeria and i'm used to hearing words like 'sorry', 'eeya', 'pele' and the likes being used to console and show sympathy in the occurrence of unfortunate incidents. But then I served in Benue and while serving I lost my dad and then all that people told me was 'Hard luck'. I had to ask why peeps were saying that and I was made to understand it's their own way of showing sympathy. That is their own equivalent of 'sorry', 'eeya', 'pele' e.t.c. So please try next time to find out the meaning and context of stuff before coming out guns blazing and using such harsh words.

11 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barleeh: 7:05am On Apr 22, 2016
dreamchaser90:

Try Saarland University. The application process for Masters is completely online and it's on till 15th July.
the school has tuition fee about £4000/semester

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by takeastep: 7:53am On Apr 22, 2016
Delivery of your envelope takes about 3-7 days. That's why you are advised to give a 7-day gap before your travel date. Its not compulsory you travel on the said date. Just make sure you travel within 3 months.

Book your ticket online, pay with your debit card and print it out. Thats the easiest and safest route.

I'd used Turkish airline couple of times. Its very good. Under an hour stop-over in Turkey, then straight to Hamburg.

I dont expect any interview at the port, just make sure you go along with all your documents, pack your foodstuff neatly and keep to the airline maximum luggage allowance. I think its about 32kg each for 2 bags for Turkish, please confirm. You will see the details on your ticket. Excess luggage may attract fees at the airport or you may be told to drop some stuff off. Try avoid such.

Dont forget to make photocopy of your insurance document and submit along with the original at the embassy.

I replied your PM. You can holla me back when you are ready.

All the best.

BlessedSamson:
Pls ooo, my e-family, on the mail I got to come for my visa, it was stated that "my departure should be scheduled at least 7 days from the posting of my envelope". pls I don't seem to understand that.

also I really need the cheapest flight I can get, on wakanow.com " emirates" and "Turkish airline" seem to be the cheapest, which one is preferable and am I to book at the airport. and pls any other info as regards booking air ticket is highly welcomed.

What if after getting my visa,i postpone the day I want to travel, what will happen?

what will they ask me at the airport?...is there any interview at the embassy for collection of visa?

pls any other advice that will be needed is highly welcome. want to go collect the insurance document tommorow.

I wish my other colleagues in the house success.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dreamchaser90(m): 8:26am On Apr 22, 2016
barleeh:
the school has tuition fee about £4000/semester
Then that should depend on the course of study because I got admission there last year and it was completely tuition free (except for the semester ticket and student contribution). In addition, on admission for Masters in Computer science, you'll automatically be considered for scholarship.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 9:09am On Apr 22, 2016
lobito007:

That was rather insensitive, immature, ruthless and tacky of you. The guy feels bad already. Why would you conclude that this happened to him because he has ill luck. Why would you even attach something that involves error-vulnerable human processes to luck. Mistakes like this one happen occasionally and could fall on anyone. You think it cant happen to you? Do some growing up!
Lol. It is quite unfortunate. You should have looked up the phrase, you know.

Totally uncalled for. I hope all is well though.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by billiondd: 10:58am On Apr 22, 2016
Hello House,

Pls I wanna apply to like 3 schools and all thru UNIASSIST. Am I paying a separate application fee for each school? OR one application fee covers all..?

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iamzizou: 11:05am On Apr 22, 2016
Nosky247:
Wow, biochemistry, jena. I've sent the hard copy of my application form and they have received and forwarded it to the committee to take decision. They will notify me by the end of May
sent mine yesterday... hoping for the best
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nosky247: 11:22am On Apr 22, 2016
iamzizou:
sent mine yesterday... hoping for the best
It will. Good luck
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 22, 2016
billiondd:
Hello House,

Pls I wanna apply to like 3 schools and all thru UNIASSIST. Am I paying a separate application fee for each school? OR one application fee covers all..?

Thanks
seperate fees, 75euros for first application and 15euros subsequent applications in the same semester
Read up more on the uniassist website. It ll do u good

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ichommy(m): 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
billiondd:
Hello House,

Thanks

The handling fees for evaluation of international certificates and the preliminary examination of the application documents for the first university are 75,00 EUR. The fees for each additional application to a further university within the same semester are
15,00 EUR.

The handling fees are charged per university and per semester. This means that you pay the handling fees only once per semester and per university – regardless of the number of degree courses you apply to at the same university.

EXAMPLE
University/ semester
University X / Wintersemester EUR 75,00
University Y / Wintersemester EUR 15,00
University X / Summersemester EUR 75,00
University Y / Summersemester. EUR 15,00

Total. EUR 180,00

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 2:14pm On Apr 22, 2016
Had my interview for Msc in Power Engineering at TUM this morning via skype, between 8 and 8:40. At 12:54pm, the result dropped.........and..........VOILA! I WAS ACCEPTED!!! The only German university I applied to. TGIF! Banging ryt now in my ride is da grin's 'mo lenu bi pon pon pon pon pon pon'. #dontstop

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ichommy(m): 2:45pm On Apr 22, 2016
lobito007:
Had my interview for Msc in Power Engineering at TUM this morning via skype, between 8 and 8:40. At 12:54pm, the result dropped.........and..........VOILA! I WAS ACCEPTED!!! The only German university I applied to. TGIF! Banging ryt now in my ride is da grin's 'mo lenu bi pon pon pon pon pon pon'. #dontstop

Congratulations Sir
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tesland: 2:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
lobito007:
congratz bro....is ur application period over? And wen did u send ur app
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rickywowoz: 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
lobito007:
What was the interview like? which questions did they ask?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nero2009(m): 3:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
Please I need schools offering masters computer engineering.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
lobito007:
Congrats brother, am yet to have mine.... Please can I get the interview questions that you were asked?
Thanks, and Congrats again!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dreamchaser90(m): 3:26pm On Apr 22, 2016
lobito007:
Congrats bro. I'm also going to TUM.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barleeh: 3:40pm On Apr 22, 2016
lobito007:
Congrat bro, when did u applied i'av applied. For transportation system Since january, no response, I pray I rejoice when the result drops and pls share your interview questions and expirence.
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Trex4(m): 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
God i swear to you i need this God i swear to you i need this God i swear to you i need this
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barleeh: 4:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
Trex4:
God i swear to you i need this God i swear to you i need this God i swear to you i need this
Lol grin , take it. Easy. Bro. grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SAMUELS3(m): 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
lobito007:

I applied there too, kindly share the interview questions. Congratulations.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
Tesland:
congratz bro....is ur application period over? And wen did u send ur app
app still open till 31st may. Sent my app on 10th jan, and it was confirmed received on 21st.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barleeh: 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
lobito007:

app still open till 31st may. Sent my app on 10th jan, and it was confirmed received on 21st.
Pls! Share your interview questions and experience
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
hadassaheke:

Congrats brother, am yet to have mine.... Please can I get the interview questions that you were asked?
Thanks, and Congrats again!!!
1. Why TUM instead of MIT, a better university. One needs to be careful here. Do not say because TUM is tuition-free. I told them I was motivated by Germany's on-going energy transition program- energiewende(google it).
2. Your motivation for applying for Power Eng.
3. Questions on my work experience.
4. Laplace transform, integral functions, difference btw open loop and closed loop systems, something on euclidean matrix(cant remember the exact que), frequency in simple harmonic motion, connection of a capacitor and inductor, PID controller, and carnot cycle, which was the last que.

It is normal to not be able to answer all the questions. However, a clever thing to do is to say something you know about that topic. For instance, when I was asked something on laplace transform, I told her I could not give a specific answer but I know that the fourier transform of a function...bla bla bla. She then said 'okay, that's correct'. See?? she gave me credit even when I did not answer the actual question. The lead interviewer was a lady(she added me on skype wed night and I looked her up on linked in), and there was a guy who at the beginning said he was going to be a mere observer, but instead, ended up asking tonnes of questions. He made it a bit difficult at some point, making my answers look silly. But, I was unruffled. Good luck when your time comes.

Have you received result of your first phase?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by barleeh: 4:43pm On Apr 22, 2016
lobito007:

1. Why TUM instead of MIT, a better university. One needs to be careful here. Do not say because TUM is tuition-free. I told them I was motivated by Germany's on-going energy transition program- energiewende(google it).
2. Your motivation for applying for Power Eng.
3. Questions on my work experience.
4. Laplace transform, integral functions, difference btw open loop and closed loop systems, something on euclidean matrix(cant remember the exact que), frequency in simple harmonic motion, connection of a capacitor and inductor, PID controller, and carnot cycle, which was the last que.

It is normal to not be able to answer all the questions. However, a clever thing to do is to say something you know about that topic. For instance, when I was asked something on laplace transform, I told her I could not give a specific answer but I know that the fourier transform of a function...bla bla bla. She then said 'okay, that's correct'. See?? she gave me credit even when I did not answer the actual question. The lead interviewer was a lady(she added me on skype wed night and I looked her up on linked in), and there was a guy who at the beginning said he was going to be a mere observer, but instead, ended up asking tonnes of questions. He made it a bit difficult at some point, making my answers look silly. But, I was unruffled. Good luck when your time comes.

Have you received result of your first phase?
Pls, what 1st stage result. Are u talking. Abt,pls break down the admission processes, av not been contacted since they acknowledged the. Receipt of my supporting document,
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 5:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
lobito007:

1. did u send hard copies of your documents after applying online
2. If sent, did u certify the documents before sending.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (500)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.