Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know (28278 Views)

Maths Guru Please Help Me Solve This Simultaneous Equations For My Young(photo) / 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) / 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by lonelydora: 6:52am On Apr 17, 2016
My worst subject. I only read it to pass.
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by slam7000(m): 6:54am On Apr 17, 2016
ipledge10:
Lol...these are basic formulars... thought am gonna see some mad formulas

The post says "35 common equations"

You termed them "basic formulars"...

I think common means basic. I like this thread, it brought back memories and I'm sure those who don't particularly like chemistry or science would still find some aspects of it helpful...like converting Fahrenheit to centigrade and vice versa.
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by Remii(m): 7:02am On Apr 17, 2016
NotNairalandi:
yes bro but how many of them are you making use of today.i mean the equations....im sure your employer does not know all those equations but yet he employed you.
speak for yourself, I work for educated people, ok, and I still get training to do more.
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by olarhtunji(m): 7:04am On Apr 17, 2016
who E Epp?
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by kceewhyte(m): 7:05am On Apr 17, 2016
Chidex2442:
Chemistry n life is just like beans n plantain
but I don't like beans n plantain
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by freeDR(m): 7:11am On Apr 17, 2016
Godfullsam:
Op just reminded me of the good old days cheesy. I use to know all these chemical formulas then, my ambition was to study pharmacology at unijos.

My dreams got chartered the moment my dad told me he was not ready to sponsor me or any of my siblings. Just like that oo shocked! No offense, nothing , nothing....

I ended up studying economics at uni abuja. I had to sponsor myself throughout o.

D tin still dey pain me o cool

If what you wrote is true, then I truly feel your pain. However, if you sponsored yourself through school to study economics, you could have done same with pharmacology.

1 Like

Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by bayinq25(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2016
dotun4luv:
Chemistry as a branch of science concerned with the substances of which matter is composed, the investigation of their properties and reactions, and the use of such reactions to form new substances. But there are thousands of formula in chemistry, IUPAC NAME, and a whole lot of it when it comes to chemistry. Meanwhile, the most common 35 chemistry equations that a science student must make him or herself familiar with are:
formulas

1 Like

Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by rollindollar(m): 7:19am On Apr 17, 2016
ipledge10:
bro,how can i get to chat with you..need your help about some stuffs
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by bayinq25(m): 7:20am On Apr 17, 2016
DickDastardly:
Where is Le Chattellier's Principle .
My favourite ....... applicable in every facet of life!

Proud and fulfilled Chemical Engineer ....... cool
yeah,when a reversible reaction is @ equilibrium and one of the factors responsible for the equilibrium is altered then the equilibrium position shifts so as to anul the effect of the chemical change.spot on bro..As an industrial chemist,equilibrium is my favorite and followed by organic chemistry.

2 Likes

Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by Ikenna17(m): 7:21am On Apr 17, 2016
This is why I line Chemistry. according to my high school teacher, "Chemistry is the science of real magic" smiley
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by eniolaamoda: 7:28am On Apr 17, 2016
Godfullsam:
Op just reminded me of the good old days cheesy. I use to know all these chemical formulas then, my ambition was to study pharmacology at unijos.

My dreams got chartered the moment my dad told me he was not ready to sponsor me or any of my siblings. Just like that oo shocked! No offense, nothing , nothing....

I ended up studying economics at uni abuja. I had to sponsor myself throughout o.

D tin still dey pain me o cool

Its shattered, i can see y ut dad dint sponsor u
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by Mbediogu(m): 7:31am On Apr 17, 2016
NotNairalandi:
If what you know cannot change your life and the life of people around you...bro that knowledge is a total waste.

Please tell me,how can this thing you posted above solve the current economical problem we are facing?.
Mallam physician.im asking you:PD

Those laws changed the world. Nigeria is unchangeable.
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by deathmen12: 7:39am On Apr 17, 2016
Ok
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by xreal: 7:46am On Apr 17, 2016
Sometimes I wonder how come I scaled through all these nonsense .

Na GOD.

Reading these equations now is annoying.

1 Like

Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by larrytorch(m): 7:50am On Apr 17, 2016
ipledge10:

Like the Op stated 'common formulas'
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by tbliss22(m): 7:51am On Apr 17, 2016
Helloooo!! Did I just read a statement asking how this equations are relevant in d society??

Where do we start from? Is it the boyle's and charles' law that's relevant or is it the mole concept theorems which is being applied on daily basis in our industries.

Let's talk about that special topic "Le chateliars" principle, well defined theorem which is still powerfully obeyed in various industries related to such.

Please even as an Engineer I still appreciate chemistry so much because its indeed an eye opener for core science courses generally.

Apart from mathematics, chemistry remains my favorite.

1 Like

Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by Adesiji77: 8:06am On Apr 17, 2016
Mimicking the "epp" crew, "Who Chemistry don epp?" tongue grin

Just kidding o...
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by tomholly: 8:08am On Apr 17, 2016
Op just reminded me of the good old days cheesy. I use to know all these chemical formulas then,Glory i pass the subject with Grade A
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by Damscrob(m): 8:17am On Apr 17, 2016
DickDastardly:
Where is Le Chattellier's Principle .
My favourite ....... applicable in every facet of life!

Proud and fulfilled Chemical Engineer ....... cool
I'm also a chemical Engineer too but currently in 400L UNIBEN... What about you?
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by legacy4real(f): 8:22am On Apr 17, 2016
Am currently on a proposal to dis prove the Avogadro's law.
Avogadro's law state that "equal volume of all gases at the same temperature and pressure contain the same number of mollecules".

I totally dissagree with that. Theoretically, For a gas A and a gas B to have the same volume doesn't mean they will have the same mass and having different mass means they will maintain the volume and have different number of mollecules.
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by Tedassie(m): 8:25am On Apr 17, 2016
ladyF:
What are all these....olodo like me no sabi cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
olodo of the federation tongue
Tedassiein d mixxx angry
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by herrdeustch: 8:33am On Apr 17, 2016
LOL.These are some of the equations that the West and Asia apply in practice and use them to dominate.I believe that one day Nigerians will start applying these theories to solving local problems and creating value and providing solutions which translate to money. I discovered that the average Nigerian Science student or graduate thinks that what they are learning in school is irrelevant; this is unfortunate because the same things we are learning are being used by Asian kids and scientists to create dozens of products,solutions,jobs and plenty of money. As you are well aware,Nigeria is a consumer nation and not a producer/exporter(except for a few things comparatively)This situation allows those that are diligent to mix those formulas and come up with something customized for the economy. Also note that there are a decent number of Nigerian scientists already putting all these formulas and knowledge to good use all around the world.So, let us arise and make use of the knowledge we have-it is sufficient to make a difference
NotNairalandi:
If what you know cannot change your life and the life of people around you...bro that knowledge is a total waste.

Please tell me,how can this thing you posted above solve the current economical problem we are facing?.
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 17, 2016
NotNairalandi:

Please tell me,how can this thing you posted above solve the current economic problem we are facing?.

It's not his fault you're a dunderhead, if you haven't gained anything from it I can bet a lot of kids who'll be sitting for WAEC , NECO and UTME will gain something from it.

1 Like

Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 17, 2016
NotNairalandi:
no sir...im not..but trying to tell you they cant solve our current situation.lets face the reality of life.

Tell us what you're doing to remedy the situation
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by ronald4lif(m): 9:42am On Apr 17, 2016
Educative stuff.
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by hollamanng(m): 9:45am On Apr 17, 2016
ipledge10:
@ Mr itk he said it already that it is common
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by valx2: 10:10am On Apr 17, 2016
NotNairalandi:

Please tell me,how can this thing you posted above solve the current economic problem we are facing?.
bro permit me to tell this pls. YOU ARE AN EDUCATED ILLITERATE! Simple.
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by valx2: 10:12am On Apr 17, 2016
NotNairalandi:
no sir...im not..but trying to tell you they cant solve our current situation.lets face the reality of life.
shut up! You are so dumb.
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by networkrecharg: 10:20am On Apr 17, 2016
[size=15pt]
Since u are under pressure to resolve Nigerians Problem, Apply the law of Pressure...

kikikikkikikikikikiki kikikikikik kikikikikikikikki kiiikiiiikiiiki
[/size]

NotNairalandi:

Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 17, 2016
networkrecharg:
[size=15pt]
Since u are under pressure to resolve Nigerians Problem, Apply the law of Pressure...

kikikikkikikikikikiki kikikikikik kikikikikikikikki kiiikiiiikiiiki
[/size]

hello i cant reply Pms. what can i do for u?

1 Like

Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by samx4real(m): 10:25am On Apr 17, 2016
NotNairalandi:

What is this one saying
Re: 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know by Nature129(m): 10:42am On Apr 17, 2016
In secondary school I was outstanding in Chemistry, but the university made me look horrible in it.

In any case, I still love Chemistry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Categories Of Students That Request For Extra Booklets During Exam / No Admission For Awaiting Result Candidates This Year / Exxonmobil Entry Level-ond Holders Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.