Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,047 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1211712 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 11:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
Bnimz:
Quick question ACS guys.. I have a friend who has a Bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering... And a CCNA certification, currently working on CCNP.. Work experience is less than one year though... Can he get a positive assessment from ACS? I don't want to tell him anything about this process and raise his hopes if he can't make it...

Your friend will have to make up for point in English test because he can't claim any point based on experience.
Secondly, CCNA is not taken into consideration, it has to be CCNP or heigher.
He should get good assessment based on the course of study.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:30pm On Jan 03, 2017
koolhunk:

Thanks Bellong . I will Do that. Their phone services is no longer functional. I guess i will just send to the general GSM Brisbane email as that is the only contact left. I actually taught that maybe she was not satisfied with the provided info but then again, what is there not to be satisfied about? That is the true info of what was requested.

Reply and send to the email it was sent to you. There should be a number in the person's signature.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yody: 11:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
[quote author=occie3 post=52505955][/quote]
Occie3, please i am sending u a pm, check ur mail pls
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
bellong:

Reply and send to the email it was sent to you. There should be a number in the person's signature.

The number in the signature is the COs position number. dont know what to do with that...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 11:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
Tnot:
You asked if there is any Civil Engineer in the house
I asked cos of the guy who did materials Engineering... Thought civil go dey closer to his field of study
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 11:45pm On Jan 03, 2017
bolaobby:
He should get good assessment based on the course of study.
just to clarify, you mean ACS does not require work experience for skills assessment?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:20am On Jan 04, 2017
koolhunk:

The number in the signature is the COs position number. dont know what to do with that...

I am talking of a phone number now.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 12:33am On Jan 04, 2017
Bnimz:
just to clarify, you mean ACS does not require work experience for skills assessment?

Work experience is important but since the person has none, he can't claim point for it and have to make up for it through other means like test of English.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stanlo300: 5:58am On Jan 04, 2017
stanlo300:

Thanks bro,Chemical is just perfect.
Thanks to all Ogas in the house for the help.
especially for Iceberg54. Bros work starts immediately.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stanlo300: 6:24am On Jan 04, 2017
jamson:

Yes, your excellency. grin grin

Stanlo300, please send me a PM

Happy New Year, everyone kiss
Oga I sent you a PM still waiting for your response
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 6:30am On Jan 04, 2017
For him to be eligible for assessment by ACS, he is required to have minimum 1 year full time work experience before he applies for assessment. Unfortunately CCNA is no acceptable by ACS but if he can get his CCNP as he is closing up to meet the 1 year work experience requiement, he will be good to go. He would also have to nominate an occupation that is closely related to his present job role. The assessment is 500AUD just to add too.

Bnimz:
Quick question ACS guys.. I have a friend who has a Bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering... And a CCNA certification, currently working on CCNP.. Work experience is less than one year though... Can he get a positive assessment from ACS? I don't want to tell him anything about this process and raise his hopes if he can't make it...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 8:37am On Jan 04, 2017
OJaySeenson:
Started my journey on the 476 path, but I am now following this my chairman's footsteps. Followed his malaysian route with no hitches. We don land oz now, and we are moving it along. guess who went out of his way to show a brother the ropes on his first day in sydney after i had issues with my train to brisbane. I don siddon for this man house, don chop him food, don follow him wife discuss (wonderful woman, she is)...in summary, thanks for the help sofar. you have been a blessing...

Baba, kindly advice me on the Malaysian route. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kubbiebrownie(f): 8:54am On Jan 04, 2017
Hi 40man,

I will advise you encourage her to write it again, pet her well....u sabi her mumu button ...biko press it well.

I took the exam 4 times...got the 20 points on the 4th attempt so I understand how she feels. Remind her of the reasons you both decided to migrate to oz and let her understand that she did better than her 1st attempt.

I don't know how the upward rescore works. All the best.
40manlappy:
Good morning everyone. May all our positive expectations for 2017 be fulfilled.

Has anyone gotten an "upward" rescore on PTE-Academic? My wife wrote the test in December and got the following:

Listening-80, Reading-74, Speaking-65, Writing-88

She prepared very vigorously and retook the test yesterday and got the following;

Listening-90, Reading-76, Speaking-90, Writing-90

At this point, I find it very difficult to even ask her to write the test again. She even made me promise before the test not to push her to rewrite the test if it doesn't swing to ''Superior".

we explored this option to get additional 10 points and increase our chances of getting ITA in view of the stiff competition in her nominated occupation.

Accountant (General) is on pro-rata, so the earlier one can get ITA, the better. No one knows what the position may be from July 1, 2017.

Suggestions and advice are welcome. God bless you all.

cc: Bnimz, Mctowel01, bellong, mrsdee, NNBB2012, kubbiebrownie, Bimpsy99, Scrollmeout, Johnsontade, Izykvision01, Crestline, Pingu2k5, OmogeNG

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 9:36am On Jan 04, 2017
@ iceberg54 You got an invite yesterday?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 04, 2017
Hello house. I have been following this interesting discussion. Good job all. I need some clarifications.

1. Is one year job experience after PhD ok for for 20 points under qualification? All my degrees are related to the occupation (Research and Development Manager).

2. Would 60 points for state nomination be a good idea for Victoria state?
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:13am On Jan 04, 2017
iyaosagie:
Good day everyone, am really new here and have been reading up on the general guides, the major challenge am having now is that my qualification does not tally with my work experience and on the VETASSESS site, it says your qualification has to be close to your work experience for it to be assessed. i studied a language and am working in the financial sector. please is there a way around this glitch? thank you.

What occupation are you looking at nominating?

How many years of experience do you have in the Occupation?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:17am On Jan 04, 2017
Brightinstinct:
Hello house. I have been following this interesting discussion. Good job all. I need some clarifications.

1. Is one year job experience after PhD ok for for 20 points under qualification? All my degrees are related to the occupation (Research and Development Manager).

2. Would 60 points for state nomination be a good idea for Victoria state?
Thanks

Do you have experience in the field prior to your PhD?

PhD in itself is 20 points. Points for experience is different.

You only need at least 55 points for state nomination. For R&grin, Victoria requires that it is strictly science oriented research.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 10:29am On Jan 04, 2017
Good morning house,

Please i need info from any Medical Doctor that have been assess by VETASSESS in the house. My wife is a Medical Doctor with 6 years post internship experience and currently work in Teaching hospital and also has a master degree in Physiology.

Want to consider assessing her credential for Primary Health Manager but don't know if working as a doctor qualify one for health manager.

Anyone with positive assessment on this.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Graceee: 10:51am On Jan 04, 2017
Happy new year family
Please can one who scored R 65 L 65 s 65 w 65 qualify for Pr assesment for marketing or Engineering Technologist??
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 04, 2017
Thanks so much bellong for the response.
My area is economic research development and management (I have all degrees in Economics). So, you mean this does not qualify for Victoria state nomination? The detailed description of this job classification appears to be broader as long as it is research management (so I thought). I am begining to see your point, anyway.

Bellong, do you see any other chance for me? I haven't seen any state requesting for Economist.
Thanks.

bellong:

Do you have experience in the field prior to your PhD?

PhD in itself is 20 points. Points for experience is different.

You only need at least 55 points for state nomination. For R&grin, Victoria requires that it is strictly science oriented research.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 11:28am On Jan 04, 2017
Got ITA today......special thanks to all the bosses. I wish everyone the best in this journey.

Cheers!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 11:29am On Jan 04, 2017
mctowel01:
@ iceberg54
You got an invite yesterday?

Yes boss
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 11:57am On Jan 04, 2017
iceberg54:
Got ITA today......special thanks to all the bosses. I wish everyone the best in this journey.

Cheers!
Congrats sister....wish you speed for the remaining part of the journey.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
Graceee:
Happy new year family
Please can one who scored R 65 L 65 s 65 w 65 qualify for Pr assesment for marketing or Engineering Technologist??
Weldone oh, you make the results enviable for those of us in need of 10 points....
That's TRA, I am not sure if they need English test for Assessment, and if PTE-A is acceptable, EA takes IELTS for assessment though.
The professionals should help out
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 12:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
mamajaz:

Congrats sister....wish you speed for the remaining part of the journey.

Mama..it's kuku brother o cheesy...Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by josh500: 12:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
@chuckdee13

Please I sent you a PM, please kindly reply.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
iceberg54:

Cheers!

Congratulations. All other process will fall in place and it will be quick by God's grace.

I have been waiting to see anyone that got ITA today so as to encourage those of us still on the waiting list. 24 days gone, hoping for it the next time.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by josh500: 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
iceberg54:

Send me a PM sir!......Chemical Engineer though, if you don't mind.

@iceberg54, congratz on the ITA

I just sent you a PM, I also need a CDR format for chemical Engineer, please check your mail

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 12:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
koolhunk:
Dear Expats in the house, ha

All this document has previously been provided to them. For the form 80 and 1221, i made a mistake which i promptly corrected using notification of incorrect information.
DIBP no dey read mail....I experienced this severally. You have no option but to send them again and follow it up with a call soon after. Sending them a mail saying those things have been sent doesn't hasten things in anyway....your file has already gone below the pile by now.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
Brightinstinct:
My area is economic research development and management (I have all degrees in Economics). So, you mean this does not qualify for Victoria state nomination? The detailed description of this job classification appears to be broader as long as it is research management (so I thought). I am begining to see your point, anyway.

Bellong, do you see any other chance for me? I haven't seen any state requesting for Economist.
Thanks.

@bold,

Yes it is that is why they want science based researcher. You should read details on Victoria's website.

South Australia sponsors economist but you must have 75 points to be sponsored as it is on special conditions.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
Brightinstinct:

Thanks.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2017
Thanks I appreciate it.

quote author=bellong post=52521460]

@bold,

Yes it is that is why they want science based researcher. You should read details on Victoria's website.

South Australia sponsors economist but you must have 75 points to be sponsored as it is on special conditions.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.