Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207474 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Emchio: 2:27am On Feb 17, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:57am On Feb 17, 2017
Emchio:

Hello Bellong- could you please send me a blank mail to info@emchio.com
Would really appreciate that.... Thanks

To everyone reading, as much as I would love to be of help to everybody by looking at individual circumstances, it will be unrealistic and inconvenient for me to do.

I currently work full time, I have a family to attend to, I have a certificate IV course (work requirement) and a bachelor degree (personal) I am running.

Attending to PMs or answering every question is almost impossible for me. Some questions will require I do a thorough search and ask others which I don't have time for. I don't like starting something and abandoning it halfway. It wouldn't be nice if I started conversation and stop responding due to commitments.

This process is relatively easy as long as you meet the requirements. People just need to invest in reading.

@Emchio,

If your question is in respect to your initial question, you can nominate Occupational health and safety adviser currently sponsored by New South Wales. Start your assessment ASAP so you can get nominated before it is dropped.

Follow the instructions on the thread and other steps are pretty easy. VETASSES is the assessing body for the occupation.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 5:13am On Feb 17, 2017
I know someone with a mechanical engineer CDR that has received positive assessment outcome. Yo can send a PM so I can connect you to him. Cheers

iykedancastro:
Please i would need an Engineer or someone with the capacity to assist me with the review of my career episodes.

am vying to be assessed as a mechanical engineer

Please assist if you can, i wouldnt mind a sample of a successful CDR for personal review too.

cc. jamson, bnimz, catchdwind4rmkd, mctowel, vinsmuft et al
Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by prettyirene: 7:33am On Feb 17, 2017
Good morning house, thanks for all the information. I have started the process my Anzsco is 225412.( Medical & pharmaceutical sales representative products). I have submitted my info to Vetassess for skill assessment.
My question is I chose full skill assessment which cost $810 at this point it's too expensive for me , is there any other cheaper option I can choose for assessment. Would really appreciate your response. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by prettyirene: 8:46am On Feb 17, 2017
Pls house, I am a pharmacist with 4years experience in sales of medical and pharmaceutical products and 5years in Retail pharmacy. I checked for my skill its in csol list. For retail pharmacy , 2states are sponsoring it and the accessing body is Apharmc. I will have to write professional exams before I am given a skill assessment report which can be used for immigration. For my marketing experience , 1 state is sponsoring it but it under 'supplementary skilled list or special conditions apply" and assessed by Vetassess. Pls my e- family which should I go for before I make any financial commitment. The retail exams would take like a year cos I really need to study hard. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:12am On Feb 17, 2017
iceberg54:

Baba, me sef confuse when I see dictionary o...I first think say na wrong thread I dey. cheesy
I don search for that dico tire, is it Webster's or advanced learners or Patrick Obhiayagbon he used?
I need to get the version ASAP to combat my English Testers

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:23am On Feb 17, 2017
Prettyirene,

Your best bet is to follow the pharmacy option. If you can get 75 points, the sales will be the easiest.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by prettyirene: 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
bellong:
Prettyirene,

Your best bet is to follow the pharmacy option. If you can get 75 points, the sales will be the easiest.
Sir pls I don't understand which option should I follow the retail pharmacy where I'm to write an exam before my skills assessment report is given to me or the sales assessed by Vetassess. Thanks I appreciate
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 4uabiodun(m): 1:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
Good day all. I have been following this thread and it has been highly informative. I want to give the programme a trial as I am concern about being disadvantaged on account of age. I am 40 years old and I have been working as a maintenance man (have BSc in mechanical engineering) for the past 10 years. House, please advice me on my chance and how to go about it (especially on writing of the CDR). I have written IELTS and am awaiting favourable result.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
mamajaz:

I don search for that dico tire, is it Webster's or advanced learners or Patrick Obhiayagbon he used?
I need to get the version ASAP to combat my English Testers

Na Macmillan oooooo

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by penitential(m): 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2017
According to your profile, this is the break-down.
Age 40=15 points
Work experience 10 years=15points. (Provided your work experience start counting after your B.sc.).
Academic certificate (B.Sc)= 15points.
Test of English result= 20 points (that's the highest possible score with excellent result). Total of 65points will get you in.
4uabiodun:
Good day all. I have been following this thread and it has been highly informative. I want to give the programme a trial as I am concern about being disadvantaged on account of age. I am 40 years old and I have been working as a maintenance man (have BSc in mechanical engineering) for the past 10 years. House, please advice me on my chance and how to go about it (especially on writing of the CDR). I have written IELTS and am awaiting favourable result.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 3:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
@Tyosho and 40manlappy and other ogas @ the top

Need your assistance.

Can an Internal Auditor (by profession) choose to be assessed as an accountant (general) or external auditor.

Some of the tasks are similar.

What are the chances of +ve outcome and which is easier between CA and CPA.

Thanks a bunch.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chookudi(m): 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2017
Good day people,
Just a quick question in regards to EOI submission. If/When you amend your EOI while waiting for an ITA, (and your points remain the same) does your standing in the queue change? Do you go to the rear of the queue or remain in the same spot? Also for NSW nominations, must one always have a skilled work assessment by assessing authorities as proof of work experience or payslips and/or reference letters sufficient?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rimdans: 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2017
Hi everyone I'm new here and I've read through from page one. However I've not seen a case similar to mine. I and my family are hoping to relocate with my husband being the principal applicant. I've checked and I see his occupation -system analyst is on the SOL and CSOL list. We want to apply through the 189 route. However,here is where we are confused. My hubby for the past 3 years has been a lecturer in the computer science department in a university here. Before that,he was the head of the Management information systems (MIS) for about 5 years plus before he made the switch to being an academic staff.
My question is would this switch work for us or against us? Either during assessment or applying for the visa, Seeing as he's lecturing now and not practicing?please I'll appreciate any assistance I can get.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 5:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
praiseisgood:
@Tyosho and 40manlappy and other ogas @ the top

Need your assistance.

Can an Internal Auditor (by profession) choose to be assessed as an accountant (general) or external auditor.

Some of the tasks are similar.

What are the chances of +ve outcome and which is easier between CA and CPA.

Thanks a bunch.

Yes you can assess your skill as both external auditor and accountant.My hubby did just that after he got a negative response from vetasssess as internal auditor.
We used CA and got positive for both.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 5:44pm On Feb 17, 2017
chookudi:
Good day people,
Just a quick question in regards to EOI submission. If/When you amend your EOI while waiting for an ITA, (and your points remain the same) does your standing in the queue change? Do you go to the rear of the queue or remain in the same spot? Also for NSW nominations, must one always have a skilled work assessment by assessing authorities as proof of work experience or payslips and/or reference letters sufficient?

As long as your points don't change,your standing on the queue should not be affected.
If you are claiming points for skill,then it must have been positively assessed
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 7:56pm On Feb 17, 2017
tyosho:

Yes you can assess your skill as both external auditor and accountant.My hubby did just that after he got a negative response from vetasssess as internal auditor.
We used CA and got positive for both.

Thanks a bunch.

I'll need a lot of guidance from you as I progress.

Remain blessed.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:40pm On Feb 17, 2017
@Rimdans,

I believe your husband can still go ahead with the assessment. Worst case scenario, his work experience will be deducted and will still get a positive assessment.

However, system analyst requires about 70 points to jump the queue for faster ITA.

Bottom line is being an academic doesn't stop him. There are system analysts in the academics too.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 9:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
Hello House,

I've been trying to fill EOI for subclass 190. My point is 55, so I should have 60 with NSW's 5 point addition. But the system has been insisting that my point is 70. I have checked all the information I submitted, can't spot where I blew it off. People who have submitted EOI should help please. Point break down below;

Age (31); 30
BSc; 15
Work exp (2010-2013, 2014-date); 10
Total; 55
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rimdans: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
bellong:
@Rimdans,

I believe your husband can still go ahead with the assessment. Worst case scenario, his work experience will be deducted and will still get a positive assessment.

However, system analyst requires about 70 points to jump the queue for faster ITA.

Bottom line is being an academic doesn't stop him. There are system analysts in the academics too.

Thank you very much @ bellong. Sorry to bother you, is it true graduating from a private University reduces your assessment qualifications?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rimdans: 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2017
Thank you @ bellong. Sorry for the bother. Is it true graduating from a private University reduces your assessment points or qualifications?

@Rimdans,

Bottom line is being an academic doesn't stop him. There are system analysts in the academics too.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
Rimdans:

Thank you very much @ bellong. Sorry to bother you, is it true graduating from a private University reduces your assessment qualifications?

I can't say for sure... Some had their qualification assessed as associate degree while some got bachelor. Guess it is on a case by case basis.

@Ozymigrant,

The system auto calculate the points. You need to check your responses to all the questions properly.

Work experience - you can only add relevant to the ones your assessing body approved. Other years will be not relevant.

I can see you didn't include English test result there? I am not sure you can submit EOI without English test result except the system gave you 10 points and additional 5 point from the state making it 70.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 10:29pm On Feb 17, 2017
Na so, that English is the likely culprit
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iykedancastro(m): 10:39pm On Feb 17, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
I know someone with a mechanical engineer CDR that has received positive assessment outcome. Yo can send a PM so I can connect you to him. Cheers

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 10:41pm On Feb 17, 2017
bellong:

I can't say for sure... Some had their qualification assessed as associate degree while some got bachelor. Guess it is on a case by case basis.

@Ozymigrant,

The system auto calculate the points. You need to check your responses to all the questions properly.

Work experience - you can only add relevant to the ones your assessing body approved. Other years will be not relevant.

I can see you didn't include English test result there? I am not sure you can submit EOI without English test result except the system gave you 10 points and additional 5 point from the state making it 70.

Thanks boss!

I added english o (6.5, 6.5, 6.5, 7W). EA approved all my exp (5yrs + some months) and that was what I entered.

I'm just tired!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iykedancastro(m): 10:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
jayooh:

PhD or MSc?

M.Sc
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 10:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
It would be best you look at the ANZCO code and see which job description matches his job role. This will help better define the appropriate choice of occupation that is more suitable for him.

Rimdans:
Hi everyone I'm new here and I've read through from page one. However I've not seen a case similar to mine. I and my family are hoping to relocate with my husband being the principal applicant. I've checked and I see his occupation -system analyst is on the SOL and CSOL list. We want to apply through the 189 route. However,here is where we are confused. My hubby for the past 3 years has been a lecturer in the computer science department in a university here. Before that,he was the head of the Management information systems (MIS) for about 5 years plus before he made the switch to being an academic staff.
My question is would this switch work for us or against us? Either during assessment or applying for the visa, Seeing as he's lecturing now and not practicing?please I'll appreciate any assistance I can get.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by incemay: 11:02pm On Feb 17, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Thanks boss!

I added english o (6.5, 6.5, 6.5, 7W). EA approved all my exp (5yrs + some months) and that was what I entered.

I'm just tired!

Upon submission you can download a break down of the points allocated to you. Look at it and you can identify where the mistake is from.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 11:14pm On Feb 17, 2017
incemay:

Upon submission you can download a break down of the points allocated to you. Look at it and you can identify where the mistake is from.

I'm feeling I shouldn't submit it with the error. It might be taken as deliberate.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 11:28pm On Feb 17, 2017
If you do it during the weekend, you can always edit it immediately. I said weekend because with 70 points, you may receive state invitation within hours. So, you wanna be careful.

OzyMigrant:

I'm feeling I shouldn't submit it with the error. It might be taken as deliberate.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 11:29pm On Feb 17, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Thanks boss!

I'm just tired!

Download the points breakdown file to see what was allocated to each category.

Abi they are doing EOI promo ni?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 11:30pm On Feb 17, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Submit and check. You can always go back and update. It is allowed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.