Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207318 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
Yeeshas:

I'm sorry I don't really know how to use this platform well so I may be quoting the entire thing. Thank you Sir. I studied Psychology from the University of Ibadan. Ant my outcome says the qualification is 'highly relevant' to the occupation. I claimed 5 years of work experience and it was deducted to 2.8. My Bachelors was also assessed as Bachelors(honors) as AQF Bachelors according to the Australian bachelors degree.
Recte sapere fons ( Repete LA sapeere fun gbogbo won). Awa ti U.I accord, I sight you, congrats. God bless professors Balogun, Dr Adebiyi, Dr Okakume, Dr Adejumo etc.
You're recognized. Smooth ride to grant bro.
Hennn, did you do any advisory?
That sociology guy should go and apply too oh.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
Yeeshas:

I'm sorry I don't really know how to use this platform well so I may be quoting the entire thing. Thank you Sir. I studied Psychology from the University of Ibadan. Ant my outcome says the qualification is 'highly relevant' to the occupation. I claimed 5 years of work experience and it was deducted to 2.8. My Bachelors was also assessed as Bachelors(honors) as AQF Bachelors according to the Australian bachelors degree.
Congrats bro, if you will be needing the work experience points, you can wait till june to submit your EOI, otherwise, aim high in PTE and save yourself stress. Cheers
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 10:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
Bnimz:
I dont see the problem.. but no wahala..
1. go and take IELTS.. you need at least 6 in all sections.
2. start putting together your CDR.. I wont explain how that is done.. answers full thread.
3. When you have your positive outcome and your English points, submit EOI and wait for invitation.
4. When invitation comes, do medicals, PCC, Apply visa and wait for grant.
5. DAS ALL.
Funny thing is that all what you stated is already on the first page. Na just to read be the problem.
Bros Nwokeomajayb, just take a while to study the procedures on this thread. You ll thank us later.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 11:04pm On Feb 21, 2017
mamajaz:
oknee, I can't just pass by without congratulating you, and pray God will pick our calls collectively.

Amen sister. We all will surely get there.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 11:08pm On Feb 21, 2017
jamson:

Congrats Chief!

We look forward to your strong presence here, giving all the help you can to other PR hopefuls who are going through VETASSESS.

Have a smooth ride to grant.

Haha. I'm a woman o. Thanks a lot. I sure will love to be of any help to the best of my ability.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 11:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
Prolivingproof:

@Yeeshas
What employment documents did you submit for your assessment with Vetasses?

Pay slips, promotion letter, offer letters, statement of reference, organogram of organization (this is because my occupation is a managerial occupation), CV, probation successful letter/confirmation letter.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2017
mctowel01:

Congrats bro, if you will be needing the work experience points, you can wait till june to submit your EOI, otherwise, aim high in PTE and save yourself stress. Cheers

Thanks a lot! I'm a woman oo. Lol. I will aim for a 20 point in my PTE next week as I have only 45 points with my age and qualification.

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 11:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
mamajaz:

Recte sapere fons ( Repete LA sapeere fun gbogbo won). Awa ti U.I accord, I sight you, congrats. God bless professors Balogun, Dr Adebiyi, Dr Okakume, Dr Adejumo etc.
You're recognized. Smooth ride to grant bro.
Hennn, did you do any advisory?
That sociology guy should go and apply too oh.

Hahahaaha. Oh wow! You know all those lecturers. Never have I been more proud of attending UI. Hehe. I hail you my sister. (I'm a woman by the way). Pleased to e-meet you. No I didn't do advisory service. Just submitted directly for the General Skill assessment.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 11:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
Yeeshas:

Thanks a lot! I'm a woman oo. Lol. I will aim for a 20 point in my PTE next week as I have only 45 points with my age and qualification.

Thank you.
Congrats sister
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 11:25pm On Feb 21, 2017
Yeeshas:

Pay slips, promotion letter, offer letters, statement of reference, organogram of organization (this is because my occupation is a managerial occupation), CV, probation successful letter/confirmation letter.

Congrats Madame for +ve assessment.

Please is your statement of reference and organogram of organization from the organizations you worked/work with?

This is the only thing putting me off from assessing with Vetasses as their site states it must be from the organization and my organization does not give such to employee that is still in their service.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 11:47pm On Feb 21, 2017
Yeeshas:

Thanks.
will 4 payslips per year suffice for assessment?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 11:50pm On Feb 21, 2017
Yeeshas:

Thanks.
will four payslips per year suffice for assessment?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:00am On Feb 22, 2017
Prolivingproof:

Thanks.
will four payslips per year suffice for assessment?

Yes
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 12:03am On Feb 22, 2017
Nwokeomajayb:

I'm in Australia(Sydney) with a study visa. But I want to process my pr asap.
Age 29 but will be 30 this year
1st degree electrical electronics eng
5 years experience
English test not yet
My problem is how'll I start the processing in Australia. What Doc exactly do I need to provide?
That's why I said I need a guider who can just tell me start like this then I'll kick it from there.
Bro, I think you made a big mistake already and you should not continue along that path. I mean do proper research before you embark on a project. Your goal is PR, you only needed to write a CDR, English test and get other required documents for assessment with EA. You should not have gone the study visa route. The money spent already will have landed you in Down Under with cash to spare. It hurts to know you only just got there and cost of pursuing your masters is telling on you. Since your complaint is money based now. You probably thought the masters will confer some significant advantage. But not much really in your own case.

Okay.......download sample CDRs from the thread and use as GUIDE.
Prepare for your English test......IELTS or Toefl (cbt)
Follow through with the steps given by Bnimz.

See me o.......forming 'sabi'. Lol

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 1:27am On Feb 22, 2017
oknee:
Another quick grant for my brother.

Congrats on this oknee.

Yeeshas:
Hi everyone, I got my positive assessment from VETASSES today!

Congrats on breezing through the dreaded VETASSES!
You don reach Oz already; your occupation, Welfare Centre Manager, is not highly contested so 65 points will surely get an ITA in no time.

We await your grant story next month!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 6:03am On Feb 22, 2017
Sunvick, glowithdan, the four guests, all of us don waka come this morning? Happy new day to us all. It shall be a day of answered prayers as per this PR. I sight you all.
Morning family members. Greetings to Olori ebi chief bellong.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 6:27am On Feb 22, 2017
@ Mamajaz,
I hail ohh.
Amen ohh!!!

mamajaz:
Sunvick, glowithdan, the four guests, all of us don waka come this morning? Happy new day to us all. It shall be a day of answered prayers as per this PR. I sight you all.
Morning family members. Greetings to Olori ebi chief bellong.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 6:44am On Feb 22, 2017
Nwokeomajayb:

I'm in Australia(Sydney) with a study visa. But I want to process my pr asap.
Age 29 but will be 30 this year
1st degree electrical electronics eng
5 years experience
English test not yet
My problem is how'll I start the processing in Australia. What Doc exactly do I need to provide?
That's why I said I need a guider who can just tell me start like this then I'll kick it from there.

@Nwokeomajayb, that you are currently studying in Australia does not make the PR process any different from those of us still here in Nigeria. It would only make a difference if you can complete your Australian studies. In that case you could get an additional 5 points for Australian Study requirement.
Just go ahead and start the process as advised by others

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by notindome(m): 7:55am On Feb 22, 2017
Bnimz:
Notindome To everyone who asked for CDRs... its easier this way
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BznTUgIfmjS6NHFmcVlyeFB5a2c?usp=sharing
cheers
Thank you so much. God bless you bro.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 7:56am On Feb 22, 2017
bellong:

Yes
@bellong
Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:02am On Feb 22, 2017
@All,

Please find below link to the tax documents. I have included the weekly, fortnightly and monthly tax tables as well as the Tax File Number (TFN) declaration table.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B68q8xGNaeVad2VCcWZ1RDFNeUk

@Vinsmuft, thanks...

6 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sesal: 8:29am On Feb 22, 2017
Hello House,

I may not be active in posting on this thread but i assure you i follow this thread religiously. Although, i have asked a few questions here which i got an answer to, most of the time i get answers to whatever problems i have from questions other people asked in this house.
I am glad to tell the whole house that visa grant for my wife and i landed on February 15th.
To this end, i want to thank everyone who has taken time out of their busy schedule to provide answers to questions here. The Almighty God shall provide all your needs according to his riches.
My timeline.

IELTS: July 16th, 2016
ACS Assessment: JULY 13tth, 2016
EOI: August 2nd, 2016
VIC Application: August 2nd, 2016
ACS Re-assessment: October 7th, 2016
ITA: November 21st, 2016
Visa Application: December 21st, 2016
Document Upload: December 31st, 2016
CO's Contact: January 11th, 2017 ( for Medicals,form 80 and spouse proof of English)
Visa grant: February 15th, 2017.

9 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:32am On Feb 22, 2017
Congratulations Sesal...

Good that you took time to read and it worked out well for you..

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sesal: 8:37am On Feb 22, 2017
bellong:
Congratulations Sesal...

Good that you took time to read and it worked out well for you..

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 8:37am On Feb 22, 2017
sesal:

Congrats!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:49am On Feb 22, 2017
ACCOMMODATION

One of the challenges of settling is getting a suitable accommodation. Real estate agents more often than not exercise restraints in leasing accommodation to new migrants. This is because of the fear of not getting paid the rent as at when due and nobody wants to start dragging tenants to tenancy board/court.

One of the ways to getting looked upon favourably, for any place you like, is to promise the agent of paying one month in advance and if you can present your account statement showing funds, if you have enough money, to convince them of your ability to pay, this can also be a positive for you.

If you have a full time job, it becomes easier as they know there is constant income able to cater for the rent.

In getting an accommodation, you will be required to pay a bond which is a security deposit against damages to the property. This bond depends on rental price and State. For example, in South Australia, a rent of $300 or less per week, your bond will be amount of 4weeks rent which is $1200. If rent is more than$300, then bond is 6 weeks rent. Varies for States. This bond is lodged by the landlord or agent with the tenancy board who keeps all bonds in the state.

When you move into the house, ensure you take pictures of every room and area as evidence when you will be moving out. Some agents can claim damages for what you are not responsible for and you may lose all or part of your bond. You can challenge agent's claim at the tenancy board or civil and administration tribunal.

As a PR holder, each state has Housing authority and they render assistance to people to cater for the bond. You have to check requirements for the State you live. Google Housing authority in your state.

It is stressful sometimes looking for accommodation. Hope this little info helps.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 9:11am On Feb 22, 2017
sesal:
Congrats bro smiley
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 9:14am On Feb 22, 2017
[quote author=bellong post=53943919] ACCOMMODATION

Good job bruv...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2017
sesal:
Hello House,

I may not be active in posting on this thread but i assure you i follow this thread religiously. Although, i have asked a few questions here which i got an answer to, most of the time i get answers to whatever problems i have from questions other people asked in this house.
I am glad to tell the whole house that visa grant for my wife and i landed on February 15th.
To this end, i want to thank everyone who has taken time out of their busy schedule to provide answers to questions here. The Almighty God shall provide all your needs according to his riches.
My timeline.

IELTS: July 16th, 2016
ACS Assessment: JULY 13tth, 2016
EOI: August 2nd, 2016
VIC Application: August 2nd, 2016
ACS Re-assessment: October 7th, 2016
ITA: November 21st, 2016
Visa Application: December 21st, 2016
Document Upload: December 31st, 2016
CO's Contact: January 11th, 2017 ( for Medicals,form 80 and spouse proof of English)

Congrats sesal!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:34am On Feb 22, 2017
Congrats sesal. Jamson next...that they a go dance skelewu join with shekem& Awilo,( metalokan dance).

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 9:41am On Feb 22, 2017
sesal:
Hello House,

Congrats

Thanks bellong for the info

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.