Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207323 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 9:48am On Feb 22, 2017
bellong:
ACCOMMODATION

Wow! Thank you bellong. An eye opener indeed.

Na wa o. This Australia cost sha.. Imagine paying $300 a week. That's $1200 a month. Plus the bond money making it $2,400. That's almost a million naira every month shocked

Bellong, abeg are there any benefits that the Australian govt pays new unemployed migrants to ease this initial financial stress pending when one gets a job? No be beans o!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 9:49am On Feb 22, 2017
Hello House,

I need some clarification on the the below.

Can a graduate of physics with 8 years banking experience apply for VETASS assessment
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2017
Vinsmuft:
Na wa o. This Australia cost sha.. Imagine paying $300 a week. That's $1200 a month.
Na to stay for lowkey place sure pass... Dey pay like 600 - 800 a month
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 22, 2017
sesal:
Hello House,

I am glad to tell the whole house that visa grant for my wife and i landed on February 15th.

Congratulations Sesal..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 22, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by felixzo1(m): 9:56am On Feb 22, 2017
Vinsmuft:

Na wa o. This Australia cost sha.. Imagine paying $300 a week. That's $1200 a month. Plus the bond money making it $2,400. That's almost a million naira every month shocked

Bellong, abeg are there any benefits that the Australian govt pays new unemployed migrants to ease this initial financial stress pending when one gets a job? No be beans o!
bond is paid just once at entry into a new accommodation, only rent is reoccurring expenditure

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 9:58am On Feb 22, 2017
Alphadoor:
Hello House,

Can a graduate of physics with 8 years banking experience apply for VETASS assessment
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:16am On Feb 22, 2017
Vinsmuft:

Bond is a one time payment which you get back at the end of your tenancy.
For the unmarried, it is advisable to live in shared apartment to save a lot of money till you marry.

Family Tax Benefits

Rent assistance

Only for those with family.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 10:31am On Feb 22, 2017
sesal:

Visa grant: February 15th, 2017.

Congratulations Sesal.

bellong:
ACCOMMODATION

Well done, Bellong. The info on this thread is enough to guide one from Naija all the way to one's own apt in Oz.
All that is required is to read, read, read.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 10:43am On Feb 22, 2017
Alphadoor:
Hello House,

This depends on the occupation you are nominating.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 10:45am On Feb 22, 2017
oknee:

Congrats sister

Thanks a lot.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 11:10am On Feb 22, 2017
Yeeshas:

This depends on the occupation you are nominating.

Internal Auditor
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gugus1(m): 11:10am On Feb 22, 2017
Please house members do I need to include WAEC result ? As part of my document to be uploaded with my accessing body which is Engineers Australia. And I studied mechanical Engineering.thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 11:15am On Feb 22, 2017
gugus1:
Please house members do I need to include WAEC result ? As part of my document to be uploaded with my accessing body which is Engineers Australia. And I studied mechanical Engineering.thanks.

Nope..........documents from post secondary education only.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 12:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
bellong:
ACCOMMODATION

Bless you bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gugus1(m): 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Nope..........documents from post secondary education only.

Ok thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 1:48pm On Feb 22, 2017
Alphadoor:

Internal Auditor

Care to share your job description?

cc: tyosho
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by baenoz(f): 2:40pm On Feb 22, 2017
oknee:
Another quick grant for my brother.

Grant: 20th feb(gsm adelaide)

He claimed 5+ years of exp (electrical eng, 60points)

I thank God it ended in praise.

Congrats to your brother Oknee. This is awesome!
What evidence did he submit to DIBP for his experience?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2017
Alphadoor:

Internal Auditor

I have attached a VETASSES document for the occupation. Read it and make your decision.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chubbya2(f): 4:16pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hi Bellong,

Thank you very much for your continuous effort in this forum. I really do appreciate.

Please, is it possible to get a VETASSESS document on HR adviser, workplace relations adviser and training and development professional. I reckon that the attached document for internal auditor is quite explicit.
bellong:

I have attached a VETASSES document for the occupation. Read it and make your decision.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 4:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
chubbya2:

Please, is it possible to get a VETASSESS document on HR adviser, workplace relations adviser and training and development professional. I reckon that the attached document for internal auditor is quite explicit.

They don't have detailed document for the occupations you listed. However, in their general occupation list explanation, if you don't study a relevant qualification for those occupations, you must have at least three years experience in them to get a positive assessment.

The VETASSES document is on the front page of the thread
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2017
Congratulations! We dey your back.. smiley
Bnimz:
INVITATION TO APPLY RECEIVED !!!!! cheesy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 5:44pm On Feb 22, 2017
Congratulations!
bolaobby:
Invitation to apply received

Glory be to God
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2017
Please can you check that of Architects
Thanks..
Vinsmuft:

You have to step up your game fast. From the last draw http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil/1-february-2017-round-results you can see that Mech Engrs have been waiting on the queue since 2nd November 2016. From two previous draws before http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/18-january-2017-round-results.aspx you will see that the date of effect for Mech engrs is 1st Nov. So the queue has progressed by one day only! That tells you that you that applied Jan this year have no hope unless you can increase it to 70 points before the next draw as there are only 157 slots left in the current programme year for Mech engrs.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 6:19pm On Feb 22, 2017
awwwww good to see an Architect am in the same shoes with you ......
olajide21:
Hello All.
Please, how do i get my documents certified? The assessing body of my occupation requested i send a certified copy of my documents to them. They explained further that applicants outside Australia should contact their nearest mission. Please anyone who had done this before should give hints on how best to approach this.
A sum of AUD1050 is also requested. With the current FX policy as we see it, that would be challenging. Please, how did you scale this hurdle?

Also, I am presently An Associate Member of the Nigeria Institute of Architect hoping to write my final exams next month that would confer on me full membership of the Institute. Does my membership status affects my outcome?
Does a degree obtained from Nigerian Institution affect the outcome of my assessment?

Then there comes the request for Academic syllabus!!!..... Even if that exist in FUT Minna, retrieving it might be tedious. Is there an alternative to this?

Thank you all....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 6:54pm On Feb 22, 2017
Amen...
mamajaz:
oknee, I can't just pass by without congratulating you, and pray God will pick our calls collectively.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
bellong:

Thanks Boss
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chubbya2(f): 8:31pm On Feb 22, 2017
Thanks for the prompt response. I must state that I have read through the requirements and super sure that I meet the requirements. However, a friend of mine informed me that I may not receive a positive assessment from VETASSESS.

Let me expatiate more on my case.

I obtained a bachelor (Hons) in English 2005, University of Lagos. With reference to applying for HR professional occupation, I started my HR career in 2010 (HR department). In 2014 I went on study leave and in 2015, I obtained a masters degree in Human Resource Management (Australia).Presently, I have worked for 1yr and 7months, Post highly relevant qualification.

I have done several HR job trainings before and after my masters degree. I am also an Associate member of CIPM and a professional member, Australia Human Resource institute.(AHRI)

Do you think I am good to go? if yes, will my years of work experience be counted from 2010, through when I went on study leave with full pay till date?
bellong:

They don't have detailed document for the occupations you listed. However, in their general occupation list explanation, if you don't study a relevant qualification for those occupations, you must have at least three years experience in them to get a positive assessment.

The VETASSES document is on the front page of the thread
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 9:01pm On Feb 22, 2017
jukeblam:

Congrats on this oknee.
Thanks.
baenoz:

Congrats to your brother Oknee. This is awesome!
What evidence did he submit to DIBP for his experience?
Thanks. He used employment reference letter, appt letter, confirmation and promotion letter, his full bank statement (from his first month to jan), pension statement of acct, office id.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
@Chubbya2,

Yes you can get a positive assessment.

Your experience will count from your last qualification.

What will your points be if your work experience counts from after your last qualification?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chubbya2(f): 2:30am On Feb 23, 2017
Please I'm a little confused about your statement.

Are you saying that my HR work experience after my 1st degree is irrelevant and will not be counted as part of my work experience??(2010-2013)

Nevertheless, my points based on the present calculation are:
Age =25
Language ability= 20
Qualification= 15
Visa 190=5
work experience= ?? shocked
bellong:
@Chubbya2,

Yes you can get a positive assessment.

Your experience will count from your last qualification.

What will your points be if your work experience counts from after your last qualification?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:41am On Feb 23, 2017
chubbya2:
Please I'm a little confused about your statement.

Are you saying that my HR work experience after my 1st degree is irrelevant and will not be counted as part of my work experience??(2010-2013)

Yes, VETASSES will not count your pre Masters work experience.

However, going by what you have, you don't need to disturb yourself with the work experience. You have the minimum point required..

Add 5 points to your score for study in Australia.

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.