Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1209005 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 7:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
bolaobby:
Mine took 10 days
I was talking about 476 bro... I get pesin wey dey process 476 na why I dey curious
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iykedancastro(m): 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
OzyMigrant:

I never knew they check salaries against industry rate. Is there a way you can create a narrative that your experience in that company is internship (i don't know if there a limit to the number of internship years though)

Like in my case; In left NYSC in 2011 and started work immediately, meanwhile I did MSc between 2013-2014 (so I took a gap year from work as I had to travel out). Fast-forward to 2016, my total experience was around 4 yrs and I needed 5yrs to claim 10pt.

What did I do? I added my NYSC experience and called it internship and EA counted it as part of my experience making it 5yrs+.

Hey bro, looking at your case study am just wondering if the period of your one-year academic leave was still counted to your relevant experience?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 12:12am On Apr 04, 2017
Hello Dewys1,

Just like others have advised, you will need to address the transcripts to any company or professional institution where you can easily retrieve the transcripts.

In my own case I sent it to my company address, and I got it after one week. Please note that I had to visit LAUTECH physically after 6 weeks of no response. I was meant to understand that the school is owing the postal services so my transcripts cannot fly because of this reason. However, I was advised that for a faster delivery, I will need to pay additional N2000 for postal services, N2000 for a reprinted copy because I had applied for it before sometimes in the past. In total I paid the sum of 11k to get the transcripts sent to Lagos, online payment inclusive. Please note that all this happened between December 2016 and January 2017.

In addition, I received my student copy within 3 days after visiting LAUTECH. And with the student copy, I lodged my application with EA following Bnimz advise.

My advise is that you don't need to apply online in other to avoid double payment just like I did , just go to student affairs, room 208 or so, then you can be rest assured of getting it within one week, max. 2 weeks. A friend of mine also got his few weeks ago without applying online .

Dewys1:
Hello Guys,

Please I am about to apply for ACS assessment and I need clarifications on TRANSCRIPT.

1. Is there an address the transcript must be addressed to?

2. Is there anyone from LAUTECH in the group, how did you get a copy of your transcript as I read online that it can only be sent to an institution?

Please I need urgent help

cc: Bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 6:32am On Apr 04, 2017
Morning peeps, please is it necessary to certify all docs, for visa lodgement, at the Australian embassy before uploading them?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 8:50am On Apr 04, 2017
mama Teejay80, I tanda gidigba here dey wait for you oh...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Adewakeup1(m): 9:27am On Apr 04, 2017
bolaobby:

What really matter is your job description and not the job title. Your JD and qualification is what matter.

God bless you bro, thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 9:57am On Apr 04, 2017
majiouk2002:
Morning peeps, please is it necessary to certify all docs, for visa lodgement, at the Australian embassy before uploading them?

Nope. Certification is done for only white n black copies of your documents. If the copy is a colored scan,it can be uploaded directly. Btw,i don't think there is anything like Australian embassy in Nigeria....certification is done in court. I might be wrong sha

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by perrychemical: 11:09am On Apr 04, 2017
chebyshev:
Hello Dewys1,

Just like others have advised, you will need to address the transcripts to any company or professional institution where you can easily retrieve the transcripts.

In my own case I sent it to my company address, and I got it after one week. Please note that I had to visit LAUTECH physically after 6 weeks of no response. I was meant to understand that the school is owing the postal services so my transcripts cannot fly because of this reason. However, I was advised that for a faster delivery, I will need to pay additional N2000 for postal services, N2000 for a reprinted copy because I had applied for it before sometimes in the past. In total I paid the sum of 11k to get the transcripts sent to Lagos, online payment inclusive. Please note that all this happened between December 2016 and January 2017.

In addition, I received my student copy within 3 days after visiting LAUTECH. And with the student copy, I lodged my application with EA following Bnimz advise.

My advise is that you don't need to apply online in other to avoid double payment just like I did , just go to student affairs, room 208 or so, then you can be rest assured of getting it within one week, max. 2 weeks. A friend of mine also got his few weeks ago without applying online .

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 11:10am On Apr 04, 2017
iykedancastro:

Hey bro, looking at your case study am just wondering if the period of your one-year academic leave was still counted to your relevant experience?

Not counted, it was why I had to add NYSC (named it internship).
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 11:23am On Apr 04, 2017
majiouk2002:

Don't need to certify any document. Scan the documents the way they are and upload it. There is no physical contact in the process except the Medical Examination. Issue of Embassy does not apply here.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hello House,

I'm suspecting a foul play from GTB during my visa payment.

I did the transaction from a dollar card since 28th March. DIBP recieved the money just yesterday(all the while the deduction has been in booked balance on the card).

When I asked them for breakdown as the amount they deducted was outrageous, they claimed they used USD<<AUD rate of 1.26 (calling it CBN rate, I'm still wondering what CBN got to do with AUD<<USD transaction from card).

Please has anyone in the house made any payment in AUD with dollar card recently? What was the rate used to debit you?

I have been monitoring XE.com for close to a month now and the rate has never gone significantly below 1.3222, so am wondering where GTB got 1.26 rate from. With the crazy rate of 1.26, I lost close to 250USD (almost 100K).

May be I need to go do "weyrey" for them!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iykedancastro(m): 12:49pm On Apr 04, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Not counted, it was why I had to add NYSC (named it internship).

Okay Thanks bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2017
OzyMigrant:
Hello House,

May be I need to go do "weyrey" for them!

I feel you bro. Had the same experience when i applied for my ACS assessment. The charges don't just add up even with the 0.98% charge for using MasterCard.
AUD1000 was billed as $820 instead of $756 (patapata $770 grin)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2017
OzyMigrant:
Hello House,

It has always being like that. Like the time i made payment for my own, I have 6,000 USD on my card and based on the conversion i did on xe.com, the money am to pay amount to 5,527 USD but i kept on getting insufficient fund on the card while trying to make payment. I have to transfer additional 100 USD to the card before i could make the payment and i was charges 6,029 USD eventually.
I don't know the rate they are using, it can never be the CBN rate. Nigerian banks are major problem when it comes to forex.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 04, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 3:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
OzyMigrant:
Hello House,

Seriously? It means we've got to raise our budget.
What sort of country is this? Different rates flying everywhere.
I'm already fedup...

The most important thing right now is that your grant drops in some days Bro. Just ignore them.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
Rett0:

Seriously? It means we've got to raise our budget.
What sort of country is this? Different rates flying everywhere.
I'm already fedup...

The most important thing right now is that your grant drops in some days Bro. Just ignore them.

Thanks Madam........trust EA is cooperating with Oga's review.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2017
Adewakeup1:

@bolaobby,
Please, how did you address this issue. I am employed as an executive officer and works as ICT support and network admin, I have HND Comp Science.

Thanks

I think what matters is your Job description. i faced a similar issue. Got assessed for Chemical engineering with EA, had job titles of water quality and safety engineer, Research assistant and Reservoir Engineer. Get the Job description as described by DIPB. Best of luck!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kMan2204(m): 7:48pm On Apr 04, 2017
Please I need your help here.

I want to submit my EA assessment for a mechanical engineer (Professional Engineer). I am in the process of writing my career episodes. However, I just started working about 6 months ago (just finished NYSC), hence I don't intend to claim points for work experience. Two of my CERs are based on project carried out during my undergraduate days, one of them is based on my final year project while the other is on a project I carried out during my internship while I was still an undergraduate. The third is on a project I carried out at my current workplace. All the projects clearly demonstrate my competence and problem solving skills as an engineer and succinctly address all areas that needs to be covered. My questions are:
1. Can I go on to use the projects I carried out during my undergraduate days for assessment?
2. Do I need a certification or evidence of employment for the internship?
3. Although I have letter of appointment/employment for my current job, will I have to provide it as well for my assessment?
4. Two of the projects are based on design and production. However, they are different designs and projects entirely, they are also from different domains in the discipline, and different approach were used in solving the problems encountered. Can I still go on and use both projects?
Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Thanks Madam........trust EA is cooperating with Oga's review.

Yes Bro. Thanks for your efforts. We really appreciate it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Teejah80: 9:37pm On Apr 04, 2017
mamajaz:
mama Teejay80, I tanda gidigba here dey wait for you oh...
My sis,I sight you.good evening everyone, I got my state sponsorship approval from Queensland today and at the same time got an ITA.I want to say thank you to the big chief,bellong ,God bless you so much,and to my sisters for life,@mamajaz,@uchelye.love you dearly.

9 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by martinoonline(m): 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2017
oluwaseun2016:
@Yuddy2
Kindly PM me or drop ur email address, I have a material for you
@segunWamiri
Noted ***

Hello bro,

Please can I get sample CDR sent to me.
martinoonline@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Teejah80: 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2017
@Ozymigrant I pm you,kindly reply bro.thanks a lot.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by martinoonline(m): 9:53pm On Apr 04, 2017
kMan2204:
Please I need your help here.

1. Can I go on to use the projects I carried out during my undergraduate days for assessment?
2. Do I need a certification or evidence of employment for the internship?
3. Although I have letter of appointment/employment for my current job, will I have to provide it as well for my assessment?
4. Two of the projects are based on design and production. However, they are different designs and projects entirely, they are also from different domains in the discipline, and different approach were used in solving the problems encountered. Can I still go on and use both projects?
Thanks.

1 & 4. Yes, you can. As long as you demonstrate the competencies required for your nominated occupation. Check www.anzscosearch.com for tasks related to your nominated occupation.
2 & 3. Since you're not claiming points for work experience, I think you wouldn't be needing employment letters.

Good luck man!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by damoche64: 10:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
Alphadoor:

I feel you bro. Had the same experience when i applied for my ACS assessment. The charges don't just add up even with the 0.98% charge for using MasterCard.
AUD1000 was billed as $820 instead of $756 (patapata $770 grin)

Guys, I think u should check d MasterCard site 2 do d conversion & confirm before fighting GTB https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/get-support/convert-currency.html

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
Rett0:

Yes Bro. Thanks for your efforts. We really appreciate it.

shocked shocked shocked

So you are a Sis? I never knew..

Congratulations Teejah80. Almost done.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 12:02am On Apr 05, 2017
I Intend to claim points for qualification, do I still need to present my degree and transcript to Vettesse? Am nomination HR Advisor as I have worked for 3years plus in that area. Here is my breakdown:

PTE: 20 (hopefully by grace of God)

3years work experience : 5

State Sponsorship : 5

Total: 60 points!

Finally, how much is the assessment fees for Vetessea? @boss Bellong and other guru please.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cecegal: 1:35am On Apr 05, 2017
Try to read the 1st few pages all your answers and useful links are there then you can come back with specific questions

dailydolar:
thank you for this tread what if you have worked for like 8yrs but you lost your job can you still apply for the jobs that fit your experience and also how many month statement of account is requested
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cecegal: 1:50am On Apr 05, 2017
Wow God bless everyone who has helped you.Good to know you are in good hands.

We dey ya back dey come.

jamson:

Ok folks....

Arrived Sydney, Australia yesterday at 16h30. Despite the long flights and several stops. It turned out to be a not so bad journey. Special thanks to iceberg54 for picking us up at the airport. Great boss, Ifexsco and lovely madam Ifexsco took me and wifey into their lovely home and for that I am forever indebted.

Thats not all ooo... In one single night, I met 3 of our great Nairaland ancestors: Manmeta, NNBB2012 and Ibiyemiara!!! Na sign say Aussie don pure for me be that. (only oldies like Mctowel01 go understand wetin I dey talk)

Still settling in gradually. Will give updates as they come...

My people, Australia fine oooo. Do quick and join us.

God bless everyone!!!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cecegal: 1:58am On Apr 05, 2017
Congrats all this while i thought Jukeblam was a she grin

oknee:
Time to tell my own story oo, reporting live from melbourne. Left nigeria on 29th march, arrived 9am melbourne time on 31st.
Journey was long ooo. Lag to dubai to singapore to melbourne. At a time, my tommy started protesting cos of too much mashed potato diet, loll. Met up with jukebam in dubai, nice guy.
So chilling now in ayoboyo house. She has been wonderful, God bless her. Thank God for nairaland efamily, dont think i could have gotten this far without the prayers and encouragement. Ayoboyo knew me from nowhere but agreed to house me until i am settled. What more could i have asked for?
All other things will start on monday. Can't wait to get a job so family can join me asap.
May God continue to bless us all.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 5:20am On Apr 05, 2017
Pekadust:
Congrats brother pls how can I achieve that your wonderful pte score....how did you prepare.

Congrats brother. Please what service certificate did you submit?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 5:24am On Apr 05, 2017
chidike:
Oh my God! I can't believe it! My Testimony!!!!

I received my grant yesterday, I didn't even know cos I only just applied (less than 2 weeks ago). Here are my timelines.

PTE; 25th July 2017 (S: 90, W: 90, L: 90, R: 90) - 20 points
Applied for vetassess advisory August 17th, 2016
Advisory outcome: September 20th, 2016
Submitted assessment: 6th October 2016 - (Assessed as a valuer)
Positive outcome ; 23rd January 2017 (About 15 weeks)
Medicals; 23 February 2017
Police Character Certificate; 24 February 2017
Submitted EOI (70 Points); 24th January 2017
Received invitation to apply for Visa (ITA); 1st Feb 2017
Submitted visa application and front loaded the following; 15th march 2017
(Transcript, Vetassess outcome, Form 80, Form1221, payslips, birth certificate, passport, statement of service, polio& yellow fever vaccination certificate, university certificate, police clearance, PTE result and CV)

Grant received; 24 march 2017

Date of first entry 24 February 2018.

Thank you so much guys, you have all been of tremendous help. I pray that you receive your positive outcome.

*pardon my typos na excitement

Congrats brother. Please what statement of service did you submit, Is there a special passport size for australia? Also

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.