Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1209560 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 2:15pm On Apr 01, 2017
bellong:
Udi2111,

Pay attention to what Incemay and Mctowel01 wrote..
please boss, what and what does a dependent need to provide in order to claim points to make up points for the primary applicant? It's just ielts? Or will he assess his qualifications too?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by incemay: 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2017
Kingbukaz:
please boss, what and what does a dependent need to provide in order to claim points to make up points for the primary applicant? It's just ielts? Or will he assess his qualifications too?

The dependant must be your spouse
1. Less than 50yrs
2. Competent English, IELTS @least 6 in each part of the test or equivalent of other English exam accepted by DIBP.
3. Positive skill assessment, but nominated occupation most be on the same list as the primary applicant. I.e if your skill is on SOL then partners skill most also be on SOL.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Hiploko(m): 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2017
Please,

who bears the cost for this skilled migration program

The country or the applicant?

How much should an applicant budget for to access this service please

Cost components pls..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2017
[quote author=petetherock post=55155533][/quote]

Please edit your message and remove Rett0. You are quoting me wrongly.

I'll advice you submit both.
You claim points for experience after completion of degree. So you should be fine submitting both.
Other gurus in the house could throw more light.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 3:58pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hiploko:
This question is funny o.. How country go pay for the applicant? When no be matter of national security gringrin

9 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 4:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
Rett0:

Please edit your message and remove Rett0. You are quoting me wrongly.

I'll advice you submit both.
You claim points for experience after completion of degree. So you should be fine submitting both.
Other gurus in the house could throw more light.

I was confused.. I thought you wrote it as I know you have passed that stage.

Petetherock,

As explained above, experience can only be claimed post qualification. The year on your certificate should carry the year of completion. The issue date is not the year of completion.
DIBP knows that completion date is different from issue date.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hiploko:
Please,

Cost components pls..

If you write a passionate letter to Malcolm Turnbull and Peter Dutton, they will bear the cost..

Does Nigeria government bears the cost of visa for foreigners?

Wetin person no go hear...

9 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 4:52pm On Apr 01, 2017
Utcheylee, u dey here bah? Who go bear the cost of this PR palava of yours, you or Buhari, or Oga bellong?

6 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2017
incemay:

The dependant must be your spouse
1. Less than 50yrs
2. Competent English, IELTS @least 6 in each part of the test or equivalent of other English exam accepted by DIBP.
3. Positive skill assessment, but nominated occupation most be on the same list as the primary applicant. I.e if your skill is on SOL then partners skill most also be on SOL.
Thanks bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 5:15pm On Apr 01, 2017
cheesy grin grin Mamajaz oooo my sister laugh done kill me for here.

;
mamajaz:
Utcheylee, u dey here bah? Who go bear the cost of this PR palava of yours, you or Buhari, or Oga bellong?

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 5:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
[quote author=bellong post=55165975]

Oga Bellong, please, if your not claiming points for Work experience, but for qualifications only, will It after the outcome of your assessment? Even when you have up to 60points without experience. Vetessa is the assessing body. B. Sc in Biology and want to nominate Biotechnologist through state sponsorship with one year Work experience as a Scientific officer in Ministry of Health. Secondly, please is Convenant University graded as a level 1 school or 2? Age: 30points, qualification : 15 points, PTE: 10 points, state sponsorship :5points. Total:60points. What do you think?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 5:20pm On Apr 01, 2017
Bros abeg read from page 0 dey come you hear, for the cost you will bear every single penny by your self so help you God. Even American lottery visa you go still bear your cost so we don't understand the kweshion.

Cost of everything depends on how many people are migrating with you.

quote author=Hiploko post=55163489]Please,

Cost components pls..

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
[quote author=Kingbukaz post=55167251][/quote]

To get a positive assessment, you must have at least one year experience in the occupation you are nominating.
I can't say for sure what VETASSES will assess degree from Covenant as but with your degree in biology, there's high probability of not getting a positive assessment.

Studying biology does not make anyone a biotechnologist. They are two different occupations.

Moreover, it is only sponsored by South Australia and it is on special conditions which means you need 75points to be sponsored.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2017
oknee:
Time to tell my own story oo, reporting live from melbourne.

Congrats to you, Jamson and others..May the land yield unto you guys her increase..

I just can't wait to tell my own story to inspire others..

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
Thanks bro! Why I asked was cuz most of the courses done was biotechnology courses. @Bellong.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 8:23pm On Apr 01, 2017
Kingbukaz:
Thanks bro! Why I asked was cuz most of the courses done was biotechnology courses. @Bellong.
owkkkkk, in that situation bros, go tackle English for 20 points, I'm not a pessimist but I doubt covenant will be assessed at 15 points.
If your partner has a occupation on Sol, gather points from her too, then I think your transcript will show vetasses that most courses you offered were biotech related as well as your CV.
The cost sha, will be bore or bearer by you...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2017
Kingbukaz:

Is the one year experience from biotechnology?

How many years of study?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gnykelly(m): 9:36pm On Apr 01, 2017
udi2111:
hello house, is proof of fund required for 190 for a single applicant?

POF is required by some state. not all.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gnykelly(m): 9:42pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hiploko:
Please,

Cost components pls..

CBN. just fill your application form forward it to any bank you have account with. after examination. few dollars will be released to you to start with. it is easier that collecting bursary. wink

6 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Hiploko(m): 10:09pm On Apr 01, 2017
gnykelly:

CBN. just fill your application form forward it to any bank you have account with. after examination. few dollars will be released to you to start with. it is easier that collecting bursary. wink
You guys are not nice at all.. I read where someone said GRANT received...If i knew,i wont be asking

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:26pm On Apr 01, 2017
bellong:

If you write a passionate letter to Malcolm Turnbull and Peter Dutton, they will bear the cost..

Does Nigeria government bears the cost of visa for foreigners?

Wetin person no go hear...

Lwkmd #savage #humor

Hiploko

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
gnykelly:

#savagery #humor

Hiploko...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 10:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hiploko:
You guys are not nice at all.. I read where someone said GRANT received...If i knew,i wont be asking
GRANT means Visa Granted..

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hiploko:

Sir/Ma.... U mean Direct Grant. grin grin

This is some April fool issssh .....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gnykelly(m): 10:45pm On Apr 01, 2017
Hiploko:

sorry bro if we get on your nerves. your comment serves as comical relief. I would refer you to read the first few pages and digest. cheers.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Hiploko(m): 10:56pm On Apr 01, 2017
CJFLEX:
the CDR FORMAT FOR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING ASSESSMENT.
Email: deroccj@yahoo.com thanks bro, you have been so helpful.
can u also be kindbto send to me? augustaonua@yahoo.com?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 11:03pm On Apr 01, 2017
incemay:
God is great!!!

It's my turn to testify........

So i received the grant letter for myself, wifey and son this morning 5.41 am. cant express the feeling
We decided we will be migrating to Canada in August last year and booked the IELTS exam for the 10th of October 2016. In September while going through the Canadian thread I came across this thread and we eventually decided to give both a shot. by end of September wifey and I somehow agreed Aussie will be better, so we jettisoned Canada. Every information was gotten on this thread, in fact I only got to know of expat forum through this place. Everyone here is wonderful, the Chief Bellong (I know you said we should not, but you are a blessing to everyone of us), every other person that has made it a point of duty to give information here I salute you all and say a big God bless you. I pray deeply this morning that all our testimonies will come soon in Jesus name.
So here is my timeline;

Congratulations. You are strong.

Oct 10 2106- IELTS for self and wife
Self L8 S7 W7 R7
Wife L7 S6.6 W6 R6.5
Nov 17 EA Ass submitted- Fast track
Dec 7 2016 EA+Ve outcome Electrical Engineering Draftperson
Lodged EOI 189- 60points 190 NSW & Vic 65points on 7th Dec (Age-30 Eng-10, Qual-10, Exp-10)
Lost 5 points due to age on the 17th Dec 2016
PTE 12 Dec 16 S80 L77 R71 W76
PTE 28 Dec 16 S70 L77 R73 W83
PTE 13 Jan 17 S70 L76 R72 W82
Jan 28- Victoria rejection Mail
Wifey's ACS Ass +Ve 16 Feb 17
Updated Skillselect 60points for 189 16 Feb 2017 (Age-25, Eng 10, Qual-10, Exp-10, Partner Skills-5)
ITA 1st March 2017
Visa Lodge 2nd March 2017
20th March CO Contact- Polio Certificate for 3 of us(though already uploaded)- re uploaded and pressed IP button.
31st March 2017- Grant

It's been a great journey, the same day my EA outcome landed, there was invite, couldn't meet up,it was frustrating. Just yesterday i was reading Jamson's post, we got EA outcome on the same day.

But God did it!!!

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 11:50pm On Apr 01, 2017
[quote author=tyosho post=55057278]Thanks tosin.

The pay is a bit above decent.The guy we stay with works with autistic people and he earns $33 per hour week days and $51 weekends.His wife who is a registered nurse earns $40 week days and $73 weekends.There"s talk in some places that aged care/disability workers might not earn as much from July this year but i do not know how true this is.
I met a couple a few days ago who were both accountants in Nigeria.Infact the wife na chartered accountant sef.Today she"s a nurse and her husband is a factory worker who is studying to be a nurse by the side himself.They moved here 3years ago and are living in their own house now.

so this place na as you make am be.

Thankyou, for this informations. May your dreams come through.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 12:01am On Apr 02, 2017
banks101:
Hello Gurus
I am a medical doctor with four years experience post graduation.

Please which category of skilled PR should I go for 189 or 190
Thank you

Bros, you can go for any Visa subclass, but you must be assessed first.
Look up the assessment for Medical practitioners, and see if it's something you can do.

Otherwise, look for any other occupation that your experience can fit in, if you can't go through the ptocess of writing professional exam for assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 12:39am On Apr 02, 2017
bellong:

Is the one year experience from biotechnology?

How many years of study?
4years of study! The one year experience is as a Scientific Officer in Ministry of health. The department deals on HIV.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 12:40am On Apr 02, 2017
mamajaz:

owkkkkk, in that situation bros, go tackle English for 20 points, I'm not a pessimist but I doubt covenant will be assessed at 15 points.
If your partner has a occupation on Sol, gather points from her too, then I think your transcript will show vetasses that most courses you offered were biotech related as well as your CV.
The cost sha, will be bore or bearer by you...
thanks but the partners occupation is not on the SOL
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iykedancastro(m): 12:42am On Apr 02, 2017
Oga Jamson I thank God for your safe journey and welcome to Sydney(aussie).

Congrats to Incemay on your grant, more grants on the way.

Mama of the house happy belated birthday.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.