Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,761 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207123 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2017
EngrEngr:

Lool, thanks bro for this response... I've resolved to remark my IELTS. Now I'm beginning to feel like i should have done my EA assessment for Electrical Engineer and not Electronics Engineer.

You applied for a remark and still used the same inconclusive result for EA............how does that work bro, or am I not reading well ni?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 5:23pm On Apr 06, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
funkyjo:
Oyi biri biri biri biri o kanmi ooo... Aanu Oluwa yi kanmi o (singing and dancing)...

Congrats ma'am.....go their and conquer!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by funkyjo: 5:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
Thank you all so very much for the love and best wishes. Really appreciate it grin

Ire na akari oo...

@cuteannie...congrats! I dey your back wink

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 5:34pm On Apr 06, 2017
cuteannie02:
My E-fam,
This is ur grl Annie reporting from Melbourne!

Wow! Annie baby congrats....
Eat the good of Oz...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by aceBlazer: 7:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
Nawa oo... all man just jump and pass. I beg to be pardoned as I had to quote my entire long story.
Btw... congrats to funkyjo... make una put mouth make me sef join queue for the testimony abeg.

aceBlazer:
Goodmorning dear folks, great job! Make una pardon me abeg, no be like say I only show up here when I need help... I really hope I'll be of better help in the future.

Pls can anyone refer me to those pages where CDR was shared via some Dropbox links.
But what I actually need is any sample report based on undergraduate studies, best if it's in mechanical engineering. My assessor got back to me and said I haven't written enough apparently. But it's not very simple I guess to base a career episode on undergraduate projects and reports. So what I actually need is an undergraduate CDR.

Also as a lesson, I paid very little attention to making sure that my document scans were in high res of at least 300dpi. I simply scanned with a good scanner and sent. It turned out that the resolution was just @ "standard" a lil less than the requirement. Now my assessor probably thinks the low res was for a reason and is asking me to resend everything. Even minor error in date of birth in my transcript has become a big deal as he wants me to write my school to effect the correction before resending. They don't understand what people go through to get a first transcript not to think of making corrections. That's even a bigger challenge I still have to overcome.

But for now, it's CDR that I really need help on to get started.
@ Binimz, jamson, mechanical engineering gurus...Pls anyone with useful resource should come to my aid.
Many thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by crest2j(m): 8:04pm On Apr 06, 2017
Congrats funkyjo..... Am next in line I will testify...
funkyjo:
Oyi biri biri biri biri o kanmi ooo... Aanu Oluwa yi kanmi o (singing and dancing)...

My dear e-family

It is my turn to testify. I bless God for helping us cross every hurdle and giving us the much awaited grants. Received grants today 3:22am for me, my hubby and my baby. A big thank you to everyone in this wonderful forum for all the information shared. There is so much love in this forum. Special thanks to Bellong, I really appreciate everything, God bless you. Bnimz and Iceberg54 have been very wonderful, thanks guys.

Here's my timeline below.

Submitted EA Assessment (Engineering Manager): 20th July, 2016
Requested Additional Info (Don't quality for EM. To choose between Engr Tech and Chem Engr): 5th Aug, 2016
Submitted Additional Info (opted for Engr Tech): 29th Aug, 2016
Requested Additional Info (Tax documents): 5th Sept, 2016
Submitted Additional Info: 6th Sept, 2016
Received EA Outcome (Engr Technologist): 13th Sept, 2016
PTE 1st Attempt (L86 R81 S71 W90): 12th Oct, 2016
PTE 2nd Attempt (L81 R83 S79 W87): 22nd Nov, 2016
Submitted 189 EOI (65 points): 24th Nov, 2016
Received ITA: 18th Jan, 2017
Visa Lodge (frontloaded all documents except uk pcc): 28th Jan, 2017
CO contact: 16th Feb 2017
Responded to CO with uk pcc: 16th Feb 2017
Grant: 6th April 2017
IED: 16th Jan 2018

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
funkyjo:

My dear e-family

It is my turn to testify.

Congratulations sis.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Obembe042: 9:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
Hello All,

Please I am separated and will be filing for divorce soon; I have a 2 year old son too.

I want to find out what status I should declare in my EOI, should it be 'SEPARATED', 'NEVER MARRIED' or 'DIVORCED'.

I heard that if I state 'SEPARATED', I will be asked for the medicals of my estranged wife, which she WILL DEFINITELY not do since we are not on talking terms anymore..If I put 'DIVORCED', I'll be asked for the divorce papers by DIBP which I don't have; divorce process in Nigeria can take quite some time. I'm really at crossroads here.

On the Form 80, what should be the answer to question 42 - Do you have a partner; should it be YES or NO?

Also question 43 (Form 80) asks about if I have children; I want to put my son's details there but the issue of medicals comes up again even though he's not migrating with me for now..But I intend to sue for custody in future..

Please I need you all's candid advice on this issue.

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afolaseg: 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
funkyjo:

My dear e-family

It is my turn to testify. I bless God for helping us cross every hurdle and giving us the much awaited grants. Received grants today 3:22am for me, my hubby and my baby. A big thank you to everyone in this wonderful forum for all the information shared. There is so much love in this forum. Special thanks to Bellong, I really appreciate everything, God bless you. Bnimz and Iceberg54 have been very wonderful, thanks guys.

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udi2111: 10:00pm On Apr 06, 2017
aceBlazer:
Nawa oo... all man just jump and pass. I beg to be pardoned as I had to quote my entire long story.
Btw... congrats to funkyjo... make una put mouth make me sef join queue for the testimony abeg.

. check this link if it might be of help to you. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BznTUgIfmjS6NHFmcVlyeFB5a2c?usp=sharing

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2017
How do people cope with waiting for assessment, ITA, Grant..
It's not easy oooo.

ACS should answer my call ooo . 16days gone
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by incemay: 10:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
Alphadoor:
It's not easy oooo.

Just the same way you are doing right now bro. I understand ACS and even EA takes a bit longer now. Be calm you will get it soon.....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afolaseg: 10:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
Alphadoor:
It's not easy oooo.

You should receive your positive outcome by tomorrow bro.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
Bnimz:
You surely noticed he was quoting and congratulating Funkyjo right? grin

Oooh My bad........... tot he announced his grant
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2017
Personally, I think ACS is the fastest assessing body ohh...Just be patient you will surely get it.

ACS no get wahala.

Alphadoor:
It's not easy oooo.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 10:44pm On Apr 06, 2017
Nkechima, I honestly appreciate your response to my question, I feel relieved, oga bellong and other gurus, please let me hear your own contributions as regards to my case.

I just went through Vetassess website I found this about Human Resource Adviser. And the occupation is skill assessment Criteria Group B in Vetassess website.

From the site it's quotes "if the Degree is not in a highly relevant field, three years of employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to two years if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Diploma level in a Highly relevant field.

A positive assessment Of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive skills Assessment outcome.

Can I use my Msc in Human Resource(yet to collect it) to be able to reduce the expected relevant 5years of experience to 2years since my bsc in public Administration may not be regarded as relevant to the nominated occupation to be able to get a positive outcome? I have 3years plus working experience in the HR department of my office(federal govt ministry). Please other gurus help a brother as it looks like am in a tight corner. [/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:46am On Apr 07, 2017
nikkycool:
Hello good house. Please advice if i can be assessed positively by Vettasses with Banking and Finance qualifications Hnd and Ond with my Retail supermarket 3 years work experience even though I worked initially at the bank for 4 yesrs before moving to Supermarket job. I want to have idea if it will work.

What occupation do you intend to nominate?

To get positive assessment, the occupation must be one that requires a diploma. Your qualification will be assessed as equal to an Australian diploma.

@Cecegal,

Don't beat yourself over tax certificate. You can replace it with your pension fund documents.

Yes, you can bypass EA for the experience assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by pbayagbon: 1:59am On Apr 07, 2017
goodmorning oga bellong i have a Bsc. Business Education Teaching experience would like to nominate as a teacher i wanna try but i have urgent questions 1. how much would I need to show in my bank account 2. what are the documents i need to show during application 3. what is pcc and is it required by all 4. any other relevan info you can profer really need answers
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:00am On Apr 07, 2017
@aceBlazer,

I believe you are bypassed because no one has got time to start looking through the thread for the link you asked.

Click on Bnimz's profile, go through his posts, you will find the link there. Sorry, I can't do that for you.
Thanks.

@Kingbukaz,

I cannot confidently tell you that you will get a positive assessment. Your bachelor degree is from Covenant University which VETASSES may likely assess to equal AQF Associate degree.
As the intending occupation requires a bachelor degree for positive assessment, your bachelor degree may not fly.

Yes, you can add your Masters qualification which will give you a positive assessment for qualification. However, given that VETASSES will only recognise all experience post last qualification, I can't boldly state where you stand.

Nevertheless, I will advise that you do the consultation option with VETASSES which costs about $250, not sure. The consultant will be able to give you proper guidance.

I am very careful with advice when it comes to VETASSES especially when your case is not straightforward. Losing about 200k or more in this economy is not a joke.

Goodluck bro...

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:06am On Apr 07, 2017
pbayagbon:
goodmorning oga bellong
i have a Bsc. Business Education
Teaching experience
would like to nominate as a teacher
i wanna try but i have urgent questions
1. how much would I need to show in my bank account
2. what are the documents i need to show during application
3. what is pcc and is it required by all
4. any other relevan info you can profer
really need answers

1. Read the thread. Follow all the links, you will arrive at your final destination.
Australia PR application does not require any statement of account except your occupation requires state nomination. About 2 - 3 States require proof of fund which is liberal. Until you get to that stage, I can't state what is what as each State's requirements differs.

2. Read the thread and read your assessing authority's website for requirements.

3. Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). Yes, required by all after being invited to apply.

4. The only relevant information is that you patiently read the thread particularly the opening page. That is where all the information you need are.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 4:26am On Apr 07, 2017
Alphadoor:
It's not easy oooo.

No worry bros. E go soon come. Nowadays ACS response time is much better. When I did mine in 2013, ACS used 8 weeks to respond to me. Meanwhile use this waiting time to clear your PTE. Make ur madam sef write PTE/IELTS because she go also need am. No dulling on any front...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 4:55am On Apr 07, 2017
afolaseg:

Congrats.
I don reply your pm since oh.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 6:15am On Apr 07, 2017
Alphadoor:
It's not easy oooo.

Your head is there. I ve always wondered. Assessment wait was easy... just 3 weeks which was already stipulated. I ve been waiting for ITA since December. Trust me... it was torture. Thank God, I m expecting it next round. Its not easy. It stalls many plans and makes one nervous. Its well bruv

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 6:49am On Apr 07, 2017
[quote author=bellong post=55302006]

Thanks So much for the response
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 6:58am On Apr 07, 2017
Thank You All ooo.

I just woke up to my ACS outcome this morning, as if they felt my cry last night.

Your ICT skills have been assessed as unsuitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and Systems

Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

You have been assessed as not meeting the requirements for professional information technology experience of

four (4) years in a field closely related to your nominated skilled occupation.

Your qualification has been assessed as not closely related to your nominated occupation:

Your Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Olabisi Onabanjo University

been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

Although, I have been very skeptical about being nominated as AQF bachelor based on someone posting something schools being categorized into sections 1 , or 2 by acrios or whatever.

Its a mixed feeling here as am Glad for the AQF bachelor and sad about the -Ve outcome(263111)

Moving forward I will be nominating another occupation before the end of the day ($395).....after i request for a recommendation ($200) from ACS.

My wife's assessment is still in stage 4a.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 7:23am On Apr 07, 2017
Alphadoor:
Thank You All ooo.

I just woke up to my ACS outcome this morning.

Glad for the AQF bachelor and sad about the -Ve outcome(263111)

Sorry about the outcome. What are their reasons for this? Can your wife be the principal applicant?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 7:32am On Apr 07, 2017
Rett0:

Sorry about the outcome. What are their reasons for this? Can your wife be the principal applicant?

Either way, i/she still need to get +ve assessment in other to claim 5 points (partner).

Reason is definitely somewhere in between job roles/responsibilites/ ICT units
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afolaseg: 7:37am On Apr 07, 2017
mamajaz:

I don reply your pm since oh.

Thanks mamajaz. but sincerly, i didnt get your reply. pls kindly resend. I beg.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 7:40am On Apr 07, 2017
Alphadoor:

Either way, i/she still need to get +ve assessment in other to claim 5 points (partner).

Reason is definitely somewhere in between job roles/responsibilites/ ICT units

Alright. I get
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afolaseg: 7:44am On Apr 07, 2017
Alphadoor:
Thank You All ooo.

I just woke up to my ACS outcome this morning, as if they felt my cry last night.

Am so sorry for the negative outcome bro. I knew the outcome will surface today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.