Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1213673 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 7:21am On Apr 12, 2017
izykvision0:

A no of estates come up in developing areas. So a developer buys hectares of land and sells off the plan. As of early last year, it was fairly easy to get 5% deposit lands till title (when land is registered in the depositor's name at the title office) when the full balance is required, usually 1 yr span. So i bought it then- 5% deposit and sold before it titled at full price. Took my premium, my 5% deposit and paid off the developer. Now its more of 10% deposit developers ask for. The land value appreciates fast as well in traffic areas. Traffic as in choice areas.

Man wey sabi! cool Just two years and you don buy two lands already. I like your hustle bro. PM-ing you asap!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 7:40am On Apr 12, 2017
Mctowel01 wait oh, how you come do for bank when the thing landed, hugged the most beautiful cashier and proposed to her before you remember say the surest girl no be bankerrrrr
That yesterday in your life history fah...Ayam so happy...shokii,shokiii, shokiii ooooo, skelewu, skelewu, azonto, azonto,azonto, dancing from the kitchen to the other room....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 8:19am On Apr 12, 2017
chubbya2:
Required Skill Level:

This occupation (HR Adviser) requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an AQF Bachelor
degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation; thus your BSc Pub Admin if assessed as Asso Degree, cannot be upgraded to AQF BSc)

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment [/b]at an appropriate skill level [b](That is work experience after your masters in HRM)
Nevertheless,  If employment is not postqualification, then five additional years of highly relevant employment [/b]are required.

If the degree is not in a highly relevant field, three years of employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the
last five years in a field which is [b]highly relevant to the nominated occupation
(your HR work Experience) is required. This is reduced to two years if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field.

A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

If you claim that HR is a branch of Public Administration, are your core subjects in HR? if yes do these subjects reflect on your transcript? You also stated that you have close to 6 years HR work experience, however, a year of work experience will be deducted during assessment; therefore you will be left with less than 5 years work experience.

Thanks for your time. I guess I have two options now,

First, is for me to wait and gain one year Post experience foR my masters in HRM.

Secondly, to wait till end of the year for me to have up to 7years even when it reduced to 6 years, it can still fly having in mind that my BSC in public administration may not be highly relevant in the nominated occupation.

Since they stated that if the "qualification is not highly relevant to the nominated occupation, five years work experience is required which can be reduced to two if the applicant has additional qualification at least a diploma" . My question: if I add my Msc in HRM, can't this above stated be applicable in my case? Please Chubby, am sorry if am asking a lot. Your brother is in a tight corner, am trying to see options left for me. 850aud is much to throw away. What can you advice? Am worried but I do not want to back out as am determined. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by qarex: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2017
Which federal university of agriculture is your MSc in HR from?

Kingbukaz:
Congratulations! Since bSc from Nigeria is assessed as Associate degree, I have bsc in Public administration from a state University and an Msc in Human resource management from a federal university of agriculture With close 6years working Experience in HR, my question is as fellows:

With my Msc In HRM can my bsc in Public Administration be upgraded to a AQF BSc?

I do not have Post experience yet as I just concluded my Msc, will my Pre experience be counted since HR is a branch of Public Administration?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 12, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Ore Miiiiiii grin grin grin grin grin grin

mamajaz:
Mctowel01 wait oh, how you come do for bank when the thing landed, hugged the most beautiful cashier and proposed to her before you remember say the surest girl no be bankerrrrr
That yesterday in your life history fah...Ayam so happy...shokii,shokiii, shokiii ooooo, skelewu, skelewu, azonto, azonto,azonto, dancing from the kitchen to the other room....

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 9:12am On Apr 12, 2017
Vinsmuft:

Correct!! Congrats chairman. You made it in the nick of time! Make baba God remember all of us oo.
Whats your occupation by the way.
Thanks man
Electronics engineer
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 9:44am On Apr 12, 2017
mctowel01:

Thanks man
Electronics engineer

Thanks for the answer. Oya respond to mamajaz enquiry. Who you hug? Fine geh cashier or security man wey help you charge phone.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by funkyjo: 9:46am On Apr 12, 2017
Congrats to all who received their ITA...

@mctowel01

Am soooo happy for you bro grin Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 10:05am On Apr 12, 2017
Vinsmuft:

Thanks for the answer. Oya respond to mamajaz enquiry. Who you hug? Fine geh cashier or security man wey help you charge phone.
Haha... Nah..I didn't hug anyone.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 10:35am On Apr 12, 2017
qarex:

Which federal university of agriculture is your MSc in HR from?

Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia state. Faculty of Management Sciences.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by qarex: 11:33am On Apr 12, 2017
Kingbukaz:
Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia state. Faculty of Management Sciences.

It should be a Section 2 Uni. where:

-​Master Degree of 1 or more years full-time will be assessed on a case-by-case basis

-Master of Philosophy of 2 years full-time after a Bachelor Degree or 1 year full-time after a Master Degree will be equivalent to AQF Master Degree

-Only 5 or more years full-time Bachelor Degree is equivalent to AQF Bachelor otherwise it is equivalent to Associate Degree

-Bachelor Degree of 3 years full-time after Senior Secondary Certificate is equivalent to Diploma

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 11:59am On Apr 12, 2017
qarex:

It should be a Section 2 Uni. where:

-​Master Degree of 1 or more years full-time will be assessed on a case-by-case basis

-Master of Philosophy of 2 years full-time after a Bachelor Degree or 1 year full-time after a Master Degree will be equivalent to AQF Master Degree

-Only 5 or more years full-time Bachelor Degree is equivalent to AQF Bachelor otherwise it is equivalent to Associate Degree

-Bachelor Degree of 3 years full-time after Senior Secondary Certificate is equivalent to Diploma

Okay bro! Thanks! Mine is 2years full time, it even extended to the third year cuz of delay in thesis and final defence.

I guess my best option is to wait for gain one year post work experience for my Msc in HRM. And pray it remains on the list.

Was hoping even if my bsc Is assessed as associate degree that with my masters in HRM I can get a positive assessment for qualification. Cuz what they said about having additional degree at least Diploma!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 12:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
Congrats to mctowel01 n all those who got ITA yesterday.

I got CO contact last week requesting for medicals and and wife's PCC from SUDAN (she had her MBBS from their). We've booked medical for Thursday at IOM.

Real concern is Sudanese PCC. We have to convince CO that we have tried all possible means to no avail before they can wave the requirement. Below are our efforts so far;

1. While DIBP is silent on how to obtain a Sudanese pcc, I got a clue from Canadian immigration website that one can get it through their local embassy. So in January my wife submitted her finger print at Alagbon, they signed it and we presented it along with other documents to the Sudanese embassy in Abuja, they were supposed to post the documents to the Sudanese interior ministry and come back with the pcc. Unfortunately, the embassy recently told us they couldn't obtain the pcc for us as it's only issued to Sudanese residents on ground in Sudan. The fact is even if she travels down she might still not be able to obtain the pcc as she will be travelling as a visitor and not a resident. I'm still trying to figure out how to prove we made this effort to the CO.

2. We got the contact of a student ambassador in another Sudanese uni, he helped us contact the Interpol through their student union. They requested the same documents as the embassy and also came back with the same story as the embassy. I lastly asked if he could help us get a Sudanese Court document in place of pcc just to show my wife was never arrested, convicted nor linked to any criminal activity during her study period, he's yet to reply. We have email conversation on this and can share with CO.

3. As advised by DIBP, if a country is not listed on the PCC guideline on the immigration website one should contact the nearest Australian embassy for further advice, so I emailed Pretoria for advice on how to obtain pcc from SUDAN. Alas! they referred me back to gsm Adelaide (the CO itself) for guidance. Mail trail is available to be shared with the CO.

4. I searched on line and got some email addresses related to Sudanese embassy (couldnt find internet presence for their police or interior ministry), I sent email to those addresses explaining our challenge. But non of the emails delivered. I also have the trail and can share with CO.

5. We will be heading to a court in Lagos tomorrow to obtain a sworn affidavit declaring she was of good behaviour during her stay in Sudan. I plan to add this to my reply to CO. Thanks to bellong an Jamson for this suggestions.

Thanks if you read to this line! Please I need advice of everyone in the house regarding further strategies I can try either to obtain the pcc or to further convince the CO that we have tried all possible means to no avail and the requirement should be waived.

Deadline to reply CO is 6th of May.

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Gloom: 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
My family and I have received grant this Morning. The whole process started in October 2016 with EA assessment. The visa was lodged in mid February 2017 and I received grant this morning. I wish all well in your quest.

15 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 12:47pm On Apr 12, 2017
Gloom:
My family and I have received grant this Morning. The whole process started in October 2016 with EA assessment. The visa was lodged in mid February 2017 and I received grant this morning. I wish all well in your quest.
congrats bro

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2017
Gloom:
October 2016 - EA assessment.

The visa was lodged in mid February 2017

received grant this morning.
Toorh. One of our silent brethren... Congratulations

But come o, this timeline looks A LOT like mine grin cheesy

except for the grant cry

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 1:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
Gloom:
This one na real ghost worker. chai congrats.

11 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 1:34pm On Apr 12, 2017
izykvision0:

They are sold in square metres not plot. So 242ms - 280ms range between $160k -$200k in suburbs of melbourne.

shocked shocked shocked
Not even 648Sqm??
This is damn costly....

Thanks for the insight. It means a lot to us.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
Bnimz:
Toorh. One of our silent brethren... Congratulations

But come o, this timeline looks A LOT like mine grin cheesy

except for the grant cry

bros ur own dey come no worry. Na that CO contact dey delay you. But ur own go drop soon.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by qarex: 2:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
Kingbukaz:
Okay bro! Thanks! Mine is 2years full time, it even extended to the third year cuz of delay in thesis and final defence.

I guess my best option is to wait for gain one year post work experience for my Msc in HRM. And pray it remains on the list.

Was hoping even if my bsc Is assessed as associate degree that with my masters in HRM I can get a positive assessment for qualification. Cuz what they said about having additional degree at least Diploma!

You mentioned somewhere that you are a graduate of Public Administration from a state university.

Have you thought of "131114: PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER" The tasks required should be close to that of a station manager, which you did for 2years. Task examples are:
-Directing the development and implementation of sales strategies and setting sales targets in order to maximise an organisation's sales and customer loyalty
-Directing the development and implementation of strategies to generate increased consumption of an organisation's goods and services through the creation and reinforcement of 'brand image' or 'brand loyalty'

This would only work if your B.Sc Pub Admin is equivalent to AQF Bachelors Degree. Which university is your B.Sc in Public Administration from and in how years did you complete it?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 2:42pm On Apr 12, 2017
Congrats bro, better things ahead. Best wishes

mctowel01:
waiting for the ITA. Shortly after the thing landed at 3pm... Thankful

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
OzyMigrant:

I got CO contact last week requesting for medicals and and wife's PCC from SUDAN (she had her MBBS from their).
We will be heading to a court in Lagos tomorrow to obtain a sworn affidavit declaring she was of good behaviour during her stay in Sudan. I plan to add this to my reply to CO. Thanks to bellong an Jamson for this suggestions.Deadline to reply CO is 6th of May.

I think the affidavit is a nice idea. You could also state that you've made efforts to get it but it didn't yield results. While all these are going on, you could try to see if she could make arrangements to travel to Sudan to obtain the PCC...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by izykvision0: 4:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
Rett0:

shocked shocked shocked
Not even 648Sqm??
This is damn costly....

Thanks for the insight. It means a lot to us.

Lol at 648sm. 512sm is about 320k
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zimunachimdi: 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
chubbya2:
Good day lovely people,

Got Vetassess + positive result this morning.The duration of assessment was just 3 weeks. Feeling so super excited, grin cool

Nominated Occupation: Human Resource Adviser (ANZSCO Code: 223111)
Qualification/s: 1. Bachelor of Arts (English) awarded in 2005 by the University of Lagos, Nigeria is assessed as comparable to the
educational level of an AQF Bachelor degree and is therefore at the required level.

2. Master of Human Resource Management awarded in 2015 by Monash University, Melbourne, Australia is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an AQF Master degree and is therefore at the required level.

Field of study Human Resource Management is highly relevant.

Date deemed skilled for Points Test Advice:8/2011
Number of years assessed positively: 5.6 ( 10 points)

Thanks everyone, most especially to Mr Bellong for the knowledge shared. wink

Congrats ma.
dh might follow this route later later.
he has bsc in pub admin from a state university and would round off his masters in pub admin(majored in human resources) this year.
he has years of experience in govt job as an admin officer.

what are his chances pls?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
Congratulations to all
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hordunayodt: 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
izykvision0:

Depends on the state you are applying for. VIC requires your English and work Assessment only. You can register for EOI and get the no but not to submit if I can remember vividly. .

oga, abeg i throw you pm since yest, pls reply me.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 5:54pm On Apr 12, 2017
zimunachimdi:

Congrats ma.
dh might follow this route later later.
he has bsc in pub admin from a state university and would round off his masters in pub admin(majored in human resources) this year.
he has years of experience in govt job as an admin officer.

what are his chances pls?
exactly the same situation I am into right now
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 5:55pm On Apr 12, 2017
qarex:

You mentioned somewhere that you are a graduate of Public Administration from a state university.

Have you thought of "131114: PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER" The tasks required should be close to that of a station manager, which you did for 2years. Task examples are:
-Directing the development and implementation of sales strategies and setting sales targets in order to maximise an organisation's sales and customer loyalty
-Directing the development and implementation of strategies to generate increased consumption of an organisation's goods and services through the creation and reinforcement of 'brand image' or 'brand loyalty'

This would only work if your B.Sc Pub Admin is equivalent to AQF Bachelors Degree. Which university is your B.Sc in Public Administration from and in how years did you complete it?
Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki. Graduted 2009. What's your take on it? Thanks for your response so far bro! God bless you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
izykvision0:

Less dense regions. They are called growth areas. The developer buys a place like Ajah (Imagine when Lekki was the last bustop) and starts releasing it like biscuits (batches) - say Lekki Phase1, 2--10 and all the phases fall under one named estate like say Banana Island. Another example is the then Ikorodu or the then Ibafo. To get a block of land in a moderate/high density place, u will need to buy an old house (auction), demolish and then you have your land.

I see, but the price na war considering.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 6:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
izykvision0:

Lol at 648sm. 512sm is about 320k

Lol. We will cross the bridge when we get there.
Thank you once again.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 8:28pm On Apr 12, 2017
izykvision0:

They are sold in square metres not plot. So 242ms - 280ms range between $160k -$200k in suburbs of melbourne.

Great one bro! I've been following up on your posts, quite inspiring! Myself and my wife will be moving finally to Melbourne by next month . Hope to tap in to this goodies as well. Thanks so much for this insight.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.