Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1213713 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chubbya2(f): 10:44am On Apr 13, 2017
Thank you,
Can you be more explicit please.
zimunachimdi:

Congrats ma.
dh might follow this route later later.
he has bsc in pub admin from a state university and would round off his masters in pub admin(majored in human resources) this year.
he has years of experience in govt job as an admin officer.

what are his chances pls?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by qarex: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2017
Kingbukaz:
Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki. Graduated 2009. What's your take on it? Thanks for your response so far bro! God bless you

Ebonyi State University is also in Section 2. So your B.Sc would be classified as equivalent to Associate Degree AQF except it took 5years to complete.

Assuming you completed your B.Sc in 4years, then only your M.Sc would be equivalent to AQF Bachelors Degree. However, this was just completed this year. In agreement with you and chubbya2, you need an additional year experience to use your M.Sc HRM

The second scenario which I believe would also need an extra year experience is with the assumption that your 5 years experience was in HR. So you could substitute these 5yrs were for Bachelors degree AQF as per "At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification." However, you will still need an additional year. This scenario will only work if you have 6 or more years of experience ( if I am correct)

It is my opinion that you need to work an extra year in HR.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 10:53am On Apr 13, 2017
Thanks for your concern. My queries here had actually been done on behalf of my spouse as she has proof for employment compared to me which I think makes her a better candidate.

I have highlighted both my qualification/experience and hers a number of times. Instead of doing that again, I'll send you a PM

izykvision0:

What did u study? And work exp?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zimunachimdi: 11:22am On Apr 13, 2017
chubbya2:
Thank you,
Can you be more explicit please.

ok ma. good morning.
I mean my husband might join the PR route sooner or later.and most likely will nominate the same occupation you nominated.
he has bsc public admin from a state university and will get his masters(human resources) this year from that same university. he is an admin officer in a govt job with five years experience. Ma,i will like to know his chances of scaling through.

from my readings so far,his bsc will be equivalent to Australia Associate degree,but with his msc,can it be upgraded to AQF degree?

thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by qarex: 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2017
zimunachimdi:

from my readings so far,his bsc will be equivalent to Australia Associate degree,but with his msc,can it be upgraded to AQF degree?

thanks.

What is the name of the University?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mijac: 2:23pm On Apr 13, 2017
jamson:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na my good news ooooo cheesy cheesy

Ok folks....

Grant have shele!!!!

2 English tests, 6 Career Episodes, Endless travels to Lagos from Akure....Dollar conversion drama....9 weeks of email refreshing....

It is time to do my own timeline posting (Man!! I have waited for this day)

14 November 2016-EA Application Submitted with IELTS (8.5, 8.5, 7.5, 7.5)
23 December 2016-Wrote PTE (88, 83, 90, 90)
7 December 2016-EA Outcome Recieved-Telecoms Network Engineering (PE)
7 December EOI Submitted with 65 points-no work point claimed
21 December ITA Recieved
6 January 2017 Visa lodged with all docs frontloaded.

Good day Jamson ,
Great news and a big congrats. I will b nominating the same title as urs. Will you be happy to assist with my CDR? WILL b very grateful to u. Hv a nice day.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zimunachimdi: 2:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
qarex:

What is the name of the University?
Anambra State University.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by qarex: 4:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
zimunachimdi:

Anambra State University.

Anambra State University of Science and Technology is classified as Section 2.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2017
qarex:

Ebonyi State University is also in Section 2. So your B.Sc would be classified as equivalent to Associate Degree AQF except it took 5years to complete.

Assuming you completed your B.Sc in 4years, then only your M.Sc would be equivalent to AQF Bachelors Degree. However, this was just completed this year. In agreement with you and chubbya2, you need an additional year experience to use your M.Sc HRM

The second scenario which I believe would also need an extra year experience is with the assumption that your 5 years experience was in HR. So you could substitute these 5yrs were for Bachelors degree AQF as per "At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification." However, you will still need an additional year. This scenario will only work if you have 6 or more years of experience ( if I am correct)

It is my opinion that you need to work an extra year in HR.
Well explained, thanks boss! You need to be a lecturer ooo! Lolz! Can I use my one year NYSC to make it up 6years plus(june will be 7years) as "As per 5years working experience in a highly relevant field may be substituted for qualification " to move ahead with bsc and msc unless you advice I drop the Msc and use only my bsc in public administration.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by qarex: 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2017
chubbya2:
Good day lovely people,

Got Vetassess + positive result this morning.The duration of assessment was just 3 weeks. Feeling so super excited, grin cool

Congrats.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zimunachimdi: 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2017
qarex:

Anambra State University of Science and Technology is classified as Section 2.

so he is in the same shoe with kingbukaz…
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mijac: 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2017
OzyMigrant:
AlhamduliLlah.

ITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............Telecoms Network Engineer. Lodge 03/03/17 with 65 points.

Congrats. God is good.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2017
Mamajaz. My reply to you keeps bouncing back.

Kindly send me a PM please.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2017
Hi ,
Please can anyone help me with the format for Resume(CV)
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2017
zimunachimdi:

yes oh Bros
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by qarex: 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2017
Kingbukaz:
Well explained, thanks boss! You need to be a lecturer ooo! Lolz! Can I use my one year NYSC to make it up 6years plus(june will be 7years) as "As per 5years working experience in a highly relevant field may be substituted for qualification " to move ahead with bsc and msc unless you advice I drop the Msc and use only my bsc in public administration.

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident/219#55238756

Yes, I believe you can use NYSC. You should add your Masters as well even with 6yrs or more experience.

As per bellong, send all your qualifications and everything you have got. You don't want to blame yourself later when it comes to VETASSES.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by qarex: 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
zimunachimdi:

I believe so.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
teewhysafe:
Mamajaz. My reply to you keeps bouncing back.

Kindly send me a PM please.
Ayaf sent it, but why wouldn't it bounce gan considering the distance of Jupiter ( where you reside) to the earth ( where Ai yam)...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 6:44pm On Apr 13, 2017
Hahahahahahaaa.
Naso oh. Did you get my mail?

mamajaz:

Ayaf sent it, but why wouldn't it bounce gan considering the distance of Jupiter ( where you reside) to the earth ( where Ai yam)...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
teewhysafe:
Hahahahahahaaa. Naso oh. Did you get my mail?
I don see am, please respond to my question.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 8:09pm On Apr 13, 2017
[quote author=amanda0 post=55521045]
@ Yeesha. By God's grace grant is sure. Please are you doing 189 or 190 and was it Vetessas or the other acces sing body you used. I wonder which is better. I have a degree in international development do you think it can fly with less than 5 years experience? Was your experience up to 5 years or less and please in what industry is your experience from govt, ngo or private?

Hi Amanda0, 190 to NSW, Yes it was Vetasssess. It depends on you. Although, I think Vetasssess is a more difficult body. My experience was 5 years with an NGO. Studied Psychology from UI which is 'highly relevant' to the occupation. My experience was deducted to 2.8 years. Your degree would depend on courses taken in the course of your study. I hope these help.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chubbya2(f): 8:16pm On Apr 13, 2017
Unfortunately, obtaining a positive assessment is minimal. For your husband have a positive assessment as an HR Adviser, his core job function(s) must be in Human Resources management or HR admin. Another major requirement is a one-year post-qualification experience after obtaining the Masters in HRM
zimunachimdi:

ok ma. good morning.
I mean my husband might join the PR route sooner or later.and most likely will nominate the same occupation you nominated.
he has bsc public admin from a state university and will get his masters(human resources) this year from that same university. he is an admin officer in a govt job with five years experience. Ma,i will like to know his chances of scaling through.

thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 8:23pm On Apr 13, 2017
qarex:

https://www.nairaland.com/3053069/general-guide-australian-permanent-resident/219#55238756

Yes, I believe you can use NYSC. You should add your Masters as well even with 6yrs or more experience.

As per bellong, send all your qualifications and everything you have got. You don't want to blame yourself later when it comes to VETASSES.

Thanks alot bro! Will keep you posted. Please can I have your email? Or pm you anytime?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 13, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by amanda0: 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2017
[quote author=Yeeshas post=55545197][/quote]
@Yeeshas. Thank you so much for the reply. How cruel of them reducing your 5 years like dat. About my courses they were more interdisciplinary like I did sociology, gender, immigration and refugee and community policing courses. I also have a certificate in refugee and Migration studies. Thinking of trying the other acceasing authority my 5 years experience would be by September do you think I can try now or wait till then?
Thank you so much Sir.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 10:11pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nanlop55:
Hi ,
Please can anyone help me with the format for Resume(CV)
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by verocharles(m): 11:18pm On Apr 13, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 5:01am On Apr 14, 2017
Hello everyone,

I submitted my EA assessment some weeks back using standard method but I just fast tracked it today. When I checked my status on EA website, no update whatsoever has been made as per the fast track, and my status is still showing queued for assessment with the previous application date.

Please is this normal? Has anyone experience this? Or na oyo I dey?

Your responses will be highly appreciated.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by qarex: 5:06am On Apr 14, 2017
Kingbukaz:

Thanks alot bro! Will keep you posted. Please can I have your email? Or pm you anytime?
No problem with pm

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 7:24am On Apr 14, 2017
@jaybwoi
Not as you see it. I have read somewhere on this thread that there are some parts of our CV that is not relevant when preparing an OZ CV. Need to edit mine for VETASSESS.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 7:26am On Apr 14, 2017
[quote author=Prolivingproof post=55548329][/quote]
Thanks. grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 11:22am On Apr 14, 2017
amazingraze:
Help me praise the Lord. I got my assessment outcome from vetassess this morning and it came out positive.

13/01 - Submitted application for skill assessment support (SAS)
01/02 - Got consultation call from SAS
15/02 - Submitted application for full assessment
27/02 - They received my transcripts
29/03 - Got a positive assessment as an Agricultural consultant.

Please, i need guidance for my sister on assessment as Agricultural Consultant with VETASSESS.
1. She had a BSc in Agricultural Economics and Extension (5yrs programme) and she works as Agric Extension Officer but less than 1 year. How many number of years experience is required by VETASSESS for positive assessment? I have search their site but haven't come up with the answer.

2. Is Tax clearance a must because i see it as part of required documents or will payslip be enough.

3. Can you share the JD you use for your assessment. I will PM you on this.

4. I will love to have any other info that you deem necessary on this.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.