Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,821 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207144 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2017
nkechima:
A friend wants to begin his PR journey

Work history
He worked as a logistics supo 2004 -2013
Market & distribution manager - 2014-2015
Open his own company 2014 till date have CAC to back up his claim
Just opened another company (import and export) registered the company with CAC months back.
Have a farm also

Cert.
NYSC
Chartered institute of admin. 2years studies
Advanced diploma In accounting 1 year not sure of his result though
Diploma in accounting
Diploma in data basemgt & design

Age above 40yr

He is confused with the new MLTSSL

I need lots of contributions please,..............

Make una abeg now eeeh...... I gave the above history mainly because of his qualification .......I don't know if it is skill level 1,2 or 3.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Edet08(m): 9:48pm On Apr 19, 2017
Edet08:
Good day Engineers in the house. Please I've read through the first 50 pages of this thread and have a question to ask. I studied Mechanical engineering in Madonna University and I've worked for five years in an oil servicing company. How do I go about writing my three career episodes since I've worked with just one company? Do I use different projects for each of the three episodes? Also would I be required to present salary statement? Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Teejah80: 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2017
201-220=2grants seen

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by incemay: 9:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
Alphadoor:
while submitting my EOI for 190

It keeps calculating 65pts instead of 60pts (state nomination inclusive).

I feel its the work experience (4 years 9 months), but ACS deducted 4 years as "skill met date". Hope this wont be seen as false info or will DIBP be regularizing when i get to that bridge

insights pls

When entering details of your employment, the period deducted by ACS as Skill met date should be ticked as not relevant. Please correct this.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by incemay: 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=Edet08 post=55726165][/quote]

If you're really read the 50pgs you shd hv information on what to do.

Which engineering occupation do you intend to nominate?
Is your occupation in the oil & Gas a Mechanical engineering JD?

There are sample CDRs right on this thread that can guide you in the CDR writing.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Teejah80: 10:17pm On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=majiouk2002 post=55697138]For those with difficulty paying for the assessment fee or visa fee as a result of high conversion rate or high bank charges, you MAY contact me to evaluate the option I have for you.

Cheers!Bro I pm you,kindly reply.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:19pm On Apr 19, 2017
incemay:

When entering details of your employment, the period deducted by ACS as Skill met date should be ticked as not relevant. Please correct this.

Thanks. Done
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Seajae: 10:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
Omooloriredade:

In the final analysis, It's not the cost that matters o. You should base your decision on the exam you're comfortable with and is acceptable for your intended purpose. This way, you end up paying the sum of all exams available.
Toefl it is then. Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Edet08(m): 10:45pm On Apr 19, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
I nominated Mechanical Engineering though my JD is QAQC inspection

If you're really read the 50pgs you shd hv information on what to do.

Which engineering occupation do you intend to nominate?
Is your occupation in the oil & Gas a Mechanical engineering JD?

There are sample CDRs right on this thread that can guide you in the CDR writing.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:57pm On Apr 19, 2017
Teejah80:
201-220=2grants seen

babylove01:
Grants from pages 81-100
Sammywemmy - Oct 13 2016
Malkinburg - Oct 24 2016
Cuteannie02 - Nov 01 2016.

Thank God for their success stories

mamajaz:
41 to 60____3 grants!

incemay:

121-140- 1 grant recorded.
Tyosho 22nd Dec 16

jaybwoi:

Pages 61 - 80: No grants recorded.

Rett0:
Pages 0-20

1 grant recorded...

It's also the First grant on this Thread....
jukeblam- May 19, 2016 Page 10

TOTAL = 10

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OLOWUAL: 11:28pm On Apr 19, 2017
[quote author=OLOWUAL post=55348084]Many thanks to Oga Bellong and other gurus in the house for this thread.

I have B.Tech. Electrical Engineering (Electronics opt) with 6 yrs plus in Telecoms as a field/operations Engineer and my last 3 years plus as an equipment operator in oil and gas field.

I have tax clearance certs. from both companies with other supporting docs. The oil and gas experience has no part in my episode, i was told on this thread as my assessment would be based on telecoms. However, do i still require a reference letter from both companies or should i go for that of the telecoms company only?

Please i would also like to be guided on my CDR writing/JD as Telecommunications Engineer. A sample CDR from someone with a +ve outcome on Telecoms as a guide (no duplication of work) would be highly appreciated.

@Bolaobby, please i sent you a PM.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 12:27am On Apr 20, 2017
Seajae:

Toefl it is then. Thank you

Toefl IBT.......The decision lies with you. Just be sure you have consulted and researched well enough. IELTS and PTE is common here. The most important thing is 'spanking' the test and in your own case, at the first attempt.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:52am On Apr 20, 2017
Congrats at Alphadoor

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cuteannie02: 2:00am On Apr 20, 2017
Kempguy47:

Ok i sent it again. Thanks..

Ok, don't know what is happening, I got failure notice twice trying to reply u. So I have sent u a nairaland email request. Reply and let's see
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 3:37am On Apr 20, 2017
cuteannie02:

Ok, don't know what is happening, I got failure notice twice trying to reply u. So I have sent u a nairaland email request. Reply and let's see

Ok thanks, i got it finally. Sent you an email as well.
Thanks!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 3:51am On Apr 20, 2017
Edet08:
Good day Engineers in the house. Please I've read through the first 50 pages of this thread and have a question to ask. I studied Mechanical engineering in Madonna University and I've worked for five years in an oil servicing company. How do I go about writing my three career episodes since I've worked with just one company? Do I use different projects for each of the three episodes? Also would I be required to present salary statement? Thanks.

Yes, use differnt projects that you have worked to write the three career episode. Note that it has to be very closely related to the skills you are nominating. Read the EA MSA booklet very well from the first word to the last word before attempting to write the episode.

Yes you will need your payslips. The last month of the submitted payslip will be the end month for the relevant work experience calculation.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 5:40am On Apr 20, 2017
@ALL,

I have modified the opening page to reflect the new skilled lists. The changes are highlighted in RED and BLUE. I think it should be good now.

As migration agents and lawyers are still studying this new changes, I am unable to give further information. I will update with any further information I can get from my MARA registered agent friend.

To all those still thinking, the time to act is now. Liberal government is not migrants friendly..... Act fast before you have to come on study visa.

Goodluck to all.

8 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 6:19am On Apr 20, 2017
uchenna2017:

Unizik for accountant is 10point which is Associate degree. I think is only engineering that can qualify you to 15 point . Well chidike can clarify that.

@Seajea I got 15 points for my Unizik cert, but my course is 5 years, Estate Management.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by olajide21: 7:55am On Apr 20, 2017
Does this new Turnbull's immigration policy affects us all? Why would a country like Australia trail the US in making immigration harder? Australia is an immigration nation and built by immigrants.... make them wait till we all enter first. It's a very large country with land that can accommodate us all..

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 8:03am On Apr 20, 2017
Pages 0-20

1 grant recorded...

It's also the First grant on this Thread....
jukeblam- May 19, 2016 Page 10
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 8:39am On Apr 20, 2017
smiley cheesy grin

olajide21:
Does this new Turnbull's immigration policy affects us all? Why would a country like Australia trail the US in making immigration harder? Australia is an immigration nation and built by immigrants.... make them wait till we all enter first. It's a very large country with land that can accommodate us all..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Reyus: 8:42am On Apr 20, 2017
Did Australia Ban Visa 457?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 20, 2017
Please E family does anyone know if there are booklet now in naija? We have been on the queue since March 7th story upon story from immigration office Abuja.

Has anyone gotten recently please
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Edet08(m): 8:55am On Apr 20, 2017
Kempguy47:

Yes, use differnt projects that you have worked to write the three career episode. Note that it has to be very closely related to the skills you are nominating. Read the EA MSA booklet very well from the first word to the last word before attempting to write the episode.

Yes you will need your payslips. The last month of the submitted payslip will be the end month for the relevant work experience calculation.

Thanks so much...really appreciate
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 9:11am On Apr 20, 2017
uchenna2017:
Please E family does anyone know if there are booklet now in naija? We have been on the queue since March 7th story upon story from immigration office Abuja.

Has anyone gotten recently please

My fiancee applied at immigration office in Ikoyi on Tuesday, she did data capturing yesterday and her passport will be ready on Friday as assured by her contact person.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 20, 2017
Tank you, please is the passport 32 or 64 pages as the immigration person helping us claim no 32 pages.

The passport is for my husband he did capturing since 21st of March the annoying part is we paid 150k for this. He had issues with the name on his transcript and his recent passport to avoid issue in future we have to do a new one and it can only be rectified from Abuja immigration.

So angry right now as this is delaying everything.

author=chebyshev post=55735318]

My fiancee applied at immigration office in Ikoyi on Tuesday, she did data capturing yesterday and her passport will be ready on Friday as assured by her contact person.

[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 9:43am On Apr 20, 2017
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-39637770

These people no dey smile at all......
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:46am On Apr 20, 2017
Part of the changes is the citizenship requirements.

Before now, to become a citizen, you must have lived in the country for four years on PR visa or you have lived legally for four years on any visa while you must be on PR for at least one year.

Example,

Sam arrived Australia on student visa in 2005 but got his PR in January 2009. Sam is eligible to apply for citizenship in Jan 2010.

Kylie arrived Australia on work visa in 2012 but got PR in 2013. Kylie is eligible for citizenship in 2016.

In the new rule, there is an English language test requirement in addition to the citizenship test.. This is no big deal.
Now, you have to be four years on PR to be eligible for citizenship. What does this mean, example of Sam. Sam and Kylie will have to wait after four years of receiving PR to be eligible for citizenship compared to when they only needed just a year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 20, 2017
Thank you bellong for this.

E family Na to hurry up oooo no jokes or delay, we need to start asap as plenty changes are coming up daily.

God will help us all.

bellong:

Before now, to become a citizen, you must have lived in the country for four years on PR visa or you have lived legally for four years on any visa while you must be on PR for at least one year.

Example,

Sam arrived Australia on student visa in 2005 but got his PR in January 2009. Sam is eligible to apply for citizenship in Jan 2010.

Kylie arrived Australia on work visa in 2012 but got PR in 2013. Kylie is eligible for citizenship in 2016.

In the new rule, there is an English language test requirement in addition to the citizenship test.. This is no big deal.
Now, you have to be four years on PR to be eligible for citizenship. What does this mean, example of Sam. Sam and Kylie will have to wait after four years of receiving PR to be eligible for citizenship compared to when they only needed just a year.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:54am On Apr 20, 2017
uchenna2017, sorry about this brouhaha about passport oh, nah naija factor. A friend in Oshogbo immigration office told me that they captured from December to March& just completed those groups early this month. Meanwhile, he said they had 1000 copies of the 64 pages released to them although it is very expensive, your husband may become business tycoon when you get over there, so it wouldn't be wasted.
So, my advice is your if it can be converted to 64 pages for you, it might be faster.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 9:58am On Apr 20, 2017
bellong:

Example,

Thanks for the info Bellong.
Question: Does this English requirement apply to children of PR holders who are below 18 years of age? English test is a no-brainer for me but I'm concerned about my children who are still little. Which English dem sabi cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 10:10am On Apr 20, 2017
32 pages. We paid only 25k

uchenna2017:
Tank you, please is the passport 32 or 64 pages as the immigration person helping us claim no 32 pages.

The passport is for my husband he did capturing since 21st of March the annoying part is we paid 150k for this. He had issues with the name on his transcript and his recent passport to avoid issue in future we have to do a new one and it can only be rectified from Abuja immigration.

So angry right now as this is delaying everything.

author=chebyshev post=55735318]

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.