Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1210634 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
My Dear had to go to Lafia to get .
uchenna2017:
Please E family does anyone know if there are booklet now in naija? We have been on the queue since March 7th story upon story from immigration office Abuja.

Has anyone gotten recently please
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 8:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
Alphadoor:

TOTAL 10

Piusford reporting.

Pages 221...242...
Gloom received a grant on 12th April
Funkyjo received a grant on 6th April
Total of 2 grants.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 10:21pm On Apr 20, 2017
Please, anyone with ideas on how to jump Tasmania's nomination huddle should share with me.

Is there any implications yo applying to two states for nomination at the same time?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 10:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
ugsams:

GRANT

1) ome240
DIRECT GRANT RECEIVED for me, wify and 2 kids 11.07.2016

You did well....
The others are Assessment outcomes not grant...
Good job!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:17am On Apr 21, 2017
@Alphadoor,

I never considered NSW when I applied.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:22am On Apr 21, 2017
Vinsmuft:

Sorry but I dont know how you got state nomination if you are yet to submit EOI?

Also you cannot submit an EOI without an English test result. But if you submit an EOI with a not-so-good english test result, you could always write another english test and update your existing EOI.

For Victoria, you can apply without filling the EOI. Once you are nominated, the state expects you to fill the EOI and send them the reference number to receive invitation from DIBP.

Moscow30,

What do you need English test for?
You already got invitation and I believe you have 60points already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mijac: 1:24am On Apr 21, 2017
@ Bellong /E-family

From the new changes, having an occupation in the medium to long term lists qualifies one to apply for subclass 189 which requires no state nomination.

Will a 60point be good enough ? I am looking at telecoms network engr which is in the current medium to long term lists.

Also,I am thinking even with 65pts and applying for NSW may not be ok.

I am preparing for IELTS. Kindly advice.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stevemims(m): 1:29am On Apr 21, 2017
Fiancee is 29 years old, a graduate of public administration (2012), but she's a fashion designer with apprenticeship certificate (she has her own brand since 2014, though not registered). I've looked through through STSOL, and under CLSO there is fashion designer. My question is, how would she be assessed, with her educational qualification or just her job experience? I need some insights folks. Thanks

Cc: bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by moscow30: 2:44am On Apr 21, 2017
I am very grateful for your response Bellong!
I actually have a total of 60pts including the Victoria Nomination, but I feel, I should rewrite the English language to either get 10 or 20 pts just to be safe.,
I will submit the EOI today and forward the ref number to Victoria state.
Once again thank you for the explanation

bellong:

For Victoria, you can apply without filling the EOI. Once you are nominated, the state expects you to fill the EOI and send them the reference number to receive invitation from DIBP.

Moscow30,

What do you need English test for?
You already got invitation and I believe you have 60points already.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:05am On Apr 21, 2017
@Mijac,

60 points is good for the Occupation but having above 60 increases your chance in the pool.

@Stevemims,

If she has a recognised qualification in fashion designing, she can assess with TRA.

@Moscow30,

There's no point rewriting the English test except you have not met the mandatory minimum of 6.0 in each band.

You have a nomination already, you are no longer competing.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by henrygale(m): 3:23am On Apr 21, 2017
Bellong am new on this thread,and from what av read so far,u have good knowledge of australian immigration.
I just learnt of this pathway , but I can't find the list of occupations qualified for the immigration process.
Is there any link to check the list pls?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stevemims(m): 3:36am On Apr 21, 2017
She has a traininig certificate in fashion designing, Could you please shed more light on what TRA is?
bellong:
@Mijac,

60 points is good for the Occupation but having above 60 increases your chance in the pool.

@Stevemims,

If she has a recognised qualification in fashion designing, she can assess with TRA.

@Moscow30,

There's no point rewriting the English test except you have not met the mandatory minimum of 6.0 in each band.

You have a nomination already, you are no longer competing.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 5:00am On Apr 21, 2017
adeomoade:
Good day, I have a question for the medical laboratory scientist.
Can I claim the internship period as part of my years of experience?
Thank you.
If post graduate, yes I think, if its during studies, no. Your wotk experience counts from after your studies
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 5:19am On Apr 21, 2017
henrygale:
Bellong am new on this thread,and from what av read so far,u have good knowledge of australian immigration.
I just learnt of this pathway , but I can't find the list of occupations qualified for the immigration process.
Is there any link to check the list pls?

Kindly refer to page 0 - 2
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 5:21am On Apr 21, 2017
bellong:
@Alphadoor,

I never considered NSW when I applied.

Noted.
Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 5:24am On Apr 21, 2017
Chief bellong, it's like fashion designing has been removed oh.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 5:58am On Apr 21, 2017
mamajaz:
Chief bellong, it's like fashion designing has been removed oh.

It is on the combined list.. Tasmania and SA sponsor it.

Even if it is not, I expect individual to do the check themselves. Everything needed to check is available on the thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 6:42am On Apr 21, 2017
bellong:

It is on the combined list.. Tasmania and SA sponsor it.

Even if it is not, I expect individual to do the check themselves. Everything needed to check is available on the thread.
thank you sir.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 21, 2017
Good morning E family,

While we are all hustling to fast tack every before Trump brother carry come, can the gurus in Australia enlighten us on how to go about our children education( school).

For those of us that are coming with our children, what documents should we get and how to register them in school every information will be highly appreciated.

TGIF.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mijac: 7:47am On Apr 21, 2017
[quote author=bellong post=55762878]@Mijac,

Thanks for your reply.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:03am On Apr 21, 2017
uchenna2017:
Good morning E family,

While we are all hustling to fast tack every before Trump brother carry come, can the gurus in Australia enlighten us on how to go about our children education( school).

For those of us that are coming with our children, what documents should we get and how to register them in school every information will be highly appreciated.

TGIF.

If you come on PR, there is no difficult rule about schooling.

Children are expected to be in childcare or at home from ages 0-4.

In Kindergarten from age 4 but some can take at 3 for a test run.

Kids start primary school at 5 in reception.

What you need is preregister in a school of your choice ahead of time. You can put a three year old on waiting list in school two years ahead so he/she gets assured of a position.

No documents needed other than birth certificate.

I think I have written this before but I will write again. To enjoy childcare benefits for your children, their immunisation must be up to date under the"no jab, no pay" policy. When you are coming, come along with their immunisation record, take it to any hospital or private medical practice, the GP there will evaluate it and give you what you need to have more if need be.

It is free for kids. Once you complete the immunisation dosage, the kids record will be updated by the GP and you get the benefits..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 21, 2017
Thanks Bellong,

Children from 0-4 about the childcare part are we to pay for it or its also free?

bellong:

If you come on PR, there is no difficult rule about schooling.

Children are expected to be in childcare or at home from ages 0-4.

In Kindergarten from age 4 but some can take at 3 for a test run.

Kids start primary school at 5 in reception.

What you need is preregister in a school of your choice ahead of time. You can put a three year old on waiting list in school two years ahead so he/she gets assured of a position.

No documents needed other than birth certificate.

I think I have written this before but I will write again. To enjoy childcare benefits for your children, their immunisation must be up to date under the"no jab, no pay" policy. When you are coming, come along with their immunisation record, take it to any hospital or private medical practice, the GP there will evaluate it and give you what you need to have more if need be.

It is free for kids. Once you complete the immunisation dosage, the kids record will be updated by the GP and you get the benefits..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 8:44am On Apr 21, 2017
Hello Nanlop55 . How much did you pay for the booklet (33 or 64pages) and how long did it take to get it.

Nanlop55:
My Dear had to go to Lafia to get .
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 8:55am On Apr 21, 2017
Hope i neva enter one chance with vetassess since february. Now the system is unavailable coz of changes on the migration skill list. Family members, is this thing affecting other assessment bodies or its only almighty vetassess. I know it will surely end well.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 10:20am On Apr 21, 2017
sunvick:
Hello Nanlop55 . How much did you pay for the booklet (33 or 64pages) and how long did it take to get it.

It was 32 pages and I paid 35k
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 10:20am On Apr 21, 2017
sunvick:

It was 32 pages and I paid 35k and I got it same day
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 10:32am On Apr 21, 2017
I sent you pm please.

Nanlop55:
It was 32 pages and I paid 35k and I got it same day
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 10:38am On Apr 21, 2017
moscow30:
I am very grateful for your response Bellong!
I actually have a total of 60pts including the Victoria Nomination, but I feel, I should rewrite the English language to either get 10 or 20 pts just to be safe.,
I will submit the EOI today and forward the ref number to Victoria state.
Once again thank you for the explanation

how was it possible to get a state nomination from Victoria without the minimum requirement? i am pushed to call this favour, but sir @moacow30...i want to know how you went about the application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jbelieve: 10:40am On Apr 21, 2017
Rett0:

How many years of post qualification experience do you have?

I presently started working as an assistant project manager. I also want to verify if I can use my APM position to apply for assessment with vetassess?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:45am On Apr 21, 2017
uchenna2017:

Children from 0-4 about the childcare part are we to pay for it or its also free?

NO, childcare is not free. Childcare fee is something that will drain your income weekly especially those who have four children of childcare age..

Childcare fee is between $87-120/day depending on the centre.

The government subsidise the cost through the childcare benefits. The percentage you get is dependent on your family income. You could get 80% or more subsidy and you can get 0% subsidy if your family income is above the threshold as assessed by centrelink.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 21, 2017
cry sad Thank you bellong for the clarification I wonder what am going to do with my 2 years old son sad.

Mamajaz and Yeeshas comeooo how we go do this and work at the same time

quote author=bellong post=55771223]

NO, childcare is not free. Childcare fee is something that will drain your income weekly especially those who have four children of childcare age..

Childcare fee is between $87-120/day depending on the centre.

The government subsidise the cost through the childcare benefits. The percentage you get is dependent on your family income. You could get 80% or more subsidy and you can get 0% subsidy if your family income is above the threshold as assessed by centrelink.[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.