Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,515 members, 7,836,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1214420 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by doctimi(m): 2:25pm On Apr 24, 2017
House please I need your advice. I dont intend to claim any point from Work experience, so i based my CDR on only university project. The reason is that what i currently do since i left university 6yrs ago is not engineering but warehousing.

I wrote IELTS and scored L8.5 R7.5 S7 W7. I tot I wld be able to ace the 20points from language but my score obviously gives me 10pt. Age gives me 30pt. Engineering Degree 15pts

Now i have 55 points. I dread the English test and i cant afford to write it again. Please house, what can i do to increase my point. I have only 1 year Work experience in Engineering and about 6 years in Warehousing. Should I go ahead with my EA assessment without experience?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 2:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
lalaazo:

please note IELTS general test is what you require for migrant purposes,Academic English test is for study visa. Let us be guided.

Both are accepted for migration (at least for EA and DIBP that I know), many just settle for general as it seems simpler......above might be misleading for newbies.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by williog: 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hello All, please i need advice on my migration assessment submission with engineer Australia. I just got my IELTS result and i got L 6.5, S 7.5, R 8.0 and W 7.0 but with the latest rules i might not be able to get any point. I need to know if i can proceed with the submission and if i retake the IELTS maybe i can get a better score and use the point for my Visa application if i get a positive feedback from my accessing body.

I already have

25pts for Age
15pts for B.eng Qualification and
10pts for 7plus working experience..

Please kindly advice as i need 60 points to meet the minimum requirement.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
lawland:
Whats up Nkechima?

I need someone to help analyse what I wrote up there.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 3:19pm On Apr 24, 2017
I just got my IELTS result and i got L 6.5, S 7.5, R 8.0 and W 7.0 but with the latest rules i might not be able to get any point. I need to know if i can proceed with the submission and if i retake the IELTS maybe i can get a better score and use the point for my Visa application if i get a positive feedback from my accessing body.

I already have

25pts for Age

Thanks

Proceed with your assessment with EA while you plan to re-write your IELTS and plan to score @ least band 8 in each of your modules as that's the only way you can go past 60 points as you require more than 60 for some engineering occupations like mechanical.

Am on 65pts and yet on queue since December.

BTW what's your engineering Specialization?

[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lawland: 3:19pm On Apr 24, 2017
what?
nkechima:

I need someone to help analyse what I wrote up there.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by williog: 3:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
Royal54:
I just got my IELTS result and i got L 6.5, S 7.5, R 8.0 and W 7.0 but with the latest rules i might not be able to get any point. I need to know if i can proceed with the submission and if i retake the IELTS maybe i can get a better score and use the point for my Visa application if i get a positive feedback from my accessing body.

I already have

25pts for Age

Thanks

Proceed with your assessment with EA while you plan to re-write your IELTS and plan to score @ least band 8 in each of your modules as that's the only way you can go past 60 points as you require more than 60 for some engineering occupations like mechanical.

My qualification is Electrical Engineering. Did you go for fast assessment?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2017
sunvick:
I greet you sir.

I just saw one now from the crew.

#GMPC

This thread has been quiet lately.

Hello to all the #GMPC.... welcome on board..

You and this your GMPC... One day all of them go gang up come wait for you for road grin

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 2baga(m): 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
mamajaz:

My basic info:
Qualification: HND, BEng, PGD Elect / Elect
Age 40yrs
Married
Almost 15years continous experience
Hold IELTS average 7.5
Brotherly, before sunvick and dem others go come to give you milk, make Ai first give you pap so that everything go dey easily digestible for you...
Your BEng should earn you 15 points, age will earn you 15 points, IELTS if you have no module lesser than 7 will earn you 10 points but if lesser than that but no module is not up to 6( it will serve you for assessment only), you go need retake am be that, you may want to consider PTE-A to claim 20 points, your experience will earn you 15 points if you wanna claim points from experience.
You need to move with the speed of light to assess with EA, fast track same too. It is well with you as you go back to the first two pages because of this family history to read and digest all the links there. God be in your head.....and in your....( Who remember that nursery prayer).

you are so funny but i believe the message is well understood

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Royal54(m): 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2017
williog:

Yes, I opted for fast track. It takes around 35 days now and for electrical engineering, 60 points should be fine.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by doctimi(m): 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
doctimi:
House please I need your advice. I dont intend to claim any point from Work experience, so i based my CDR on only university project. The reason is that what i currently do since i left university 6yrs ago is not engineering but warehousing.

I wrote IELTS and scored L8.5 R7.5 S7 W7. I tot I wld be able to ace the 20points from language but my score obviously gives me 10pt. Age gives me 30pt. Engineering Degree 15pts

Now i have 55 points. I dread the English test and i cant afford to write it again. Please house, what can i do to increase my point. I have only 1 year Work experience in Engineering and about 6 years in Warehousing. Should I go ahead with my EA assessment without experience?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 6:38pm On Apr 24, 2017
[quote author=doctimi post=55877567][/quote]

U already Know you are writing the English again and again until you get 20pts.

I Believe you can do it, it's not impossible.

Go and Barb the dread.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tolajay: 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2017
So, where did you write your IELTS exam? How long did it take you to prepare? How long did it take before you got the result? Thanks.

Royal54:

I already have

25pts for Age

Thanks

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 24, 2017
nkechima:

e-family I Don come again ooh... Someone should please help me analyze this information I gathered from Vetassess Group B,C,D assessment category.

Note: pre- qualification employment (if all your employment is before your qualification assessed at the AQF diploma level) three years of highly relevant employment in addition to at least one year of relevant employment at appropriate skill level completed in the last five years.

@lawland the above.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 9:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
williog:

You can easily get invite with 60 points for electrical engineering, Just make sure your cdr aligns with that occupation. You can equally use this ielts for assessment purpose and focus on writing another to get at least 7 in all the bands.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 10:10pm On Apr 24, 2017
doctimi:

You are good to go. As far as you write the CDR properly, there would be no issue. Moreover, there ia also no other way we can help with you increasing your points. Maybe you can consider other english tests. What occupation btw?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:51am On Apr 25, 2017
From the profile of @williog, band 7 i.e. at least 7 in each module would suffice.
@williog already has 55 points without English points. You probably mistook the 10 points for Experience to have been for English.
So, if @williog can get 10 points from English that would be a bump to 65 skilled points.
I, however, don't know how williog came about 10 points from Experience without having done the assessment.

@williog: Depending on your years of relevant experience, please note that there's a likelihood of some of your years of experience being deducted by the assessing authority.

Royal54:

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 5:26am On Apr 25, 2017
Hello my e-family,

My assessor is requesting for additional information as per my assessment. However, I am not clear about this as I feel some of the documents requested may not really be appropriate in my own case since I am not assessing my experience.

Below are the information requested :

" Your masters degree transcript seems to have missing pages. Please, submit copy of all pages as to be recognised as a masters because the course should be a two year course. Also submit high resolution, colour scan copy of your masters degree certificate, as the one you submitted is not clear and the image appears distorted "

Also,

"You need to send documentary ( employment reference letter) for periods of employment of 12 months or more - refer to page 21 of MSA Booklet. Therefore, submit reference letter for jobs at (name of company ) and NYSC ( place of primary assessment) as claimed in your CV".

Finally,

"Note : a response to all of the shortcomings identified herein is required within 30 days other otherwise your application will be finalised. The application Will not be returned again for further information.

I look forward to continuing with your assessment upon receipt of the requested information "

Please note that I am seeking to be assess as a professional Chemical engineer and here are the explanations I have for these request :

1. I obtained my Msc degree in Chemical Engineering from University of Lagos, which usually is a one year programme. However, I feel the reason might be because of the way the transcript was constructed.
Years of attendance :2010/2011-2012/2013
Year of award :2012/2013. Also, my transcript does not include courses offered in 2010/2011 but courses taken only during 2012/2013 session, because I could not meet up with graduation requirement in 2010/2011 as I was combining work with study. So, the whole of 2010/2011 session was cancelled, re-registered in 2012/2013 session and took ALL the courses again.

2. As per employment references, I will upload my NYSC certificate for my ppa .I did not bother to include reference for my present job since it does not relate to Chemical engineering and because I am not assessing my experience.

I was thinking that a stamped copy of the curriculum for my Msc programme by the department of Chemical Engineering or School of Post graduate studies, in addition to letter of explanation from unilag's students record department from where the transcript was originated should address the issue raised by the assessor.

Please how best do you think I can approach these in other to avoid any issue for myself?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by UzorSteve(m): 7:45am On Apr 25, 2017
sunvick:
Chief, it will be beneficial for you to read at least page 0-5 to give you a rough idea of what basic info you need for migration. This will help you to narrow and ask specific questions.

First, 1. You need to assess you degree and transcript (If you get +ve assessment, you are safe. Buh if -ve, there two things involve)
2. You need to write an English test to score a maximum score (If you get above 7.0 IELTS or 79 PTE, you are safe. Buh if 6.0 and below, there two things involve)
3. You need professional work experience.
4. You need to provision money for you assessment (If you have enough money for assessment, you are safe. Buh if not, there two things involve=either you borrow money or you wait till your money is complete)

Veterans in EA assessment will provide more information for.

Don't join GMPC

What is GPMC?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 8:49am On Apr 25, 2017
UzorSteve:

What is GPMC?
Give Me Pap Crew ( those that love being spoofed).
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ohamng: 9:21am On Apr 25, 2017
Hello. I have read some pages of this discussion but a little afraid of having a chance with my profile, pls advise me and give me insight. I have HND in chemistry/biochemistry, I am currently teaching under state government with 2 years experience but i do not have any educational certificate to back the teaching profesion up. I have a shop which has been existing for the past 15years but i do not have any management certificate. Which of these platforms can i opt for. Please i need your candid advise.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:23am On Apr 25, 2017
Hello,

First, there's no course for alarm as your case is easier than the usual request from assessors. Obviously, these could have been avoided; the request for further documentation might have been incited by the suspicion that you're trying to hide something using a blurred certificate and a "supposed" incomplete transcript. For future applicants, please ensure clear scan of all supporting documents - preferably 600dpi.

Secondly, regardless of what documents you submit or not following this request, your outcome would most likely be positive unless
i. One of your career episodes was based on a project during the highlighted periods (masters, name of company, and NYSC)
ii. You responded to the Professional Engineer Summary using examples or activities from the highlighted periods above.

If this is not the case, then you risk getting your masters degree assessed as not comparable to an Australian masters degree even if your application is assessed as a Professional Engineer based on your bachelors degree only. What this means is that for any purpose requiring the use of a masters degree in Australia, yours won't be eligible to be used in Australia. You may need this in future, so I advise you try to make this outcome positive.

In my opinion, you can easily get a positive outcome sequel to this request thus:

1. Scan and send your masters degree certificate in high resolution as advised.

2. Review your attached transcript for any omission. If to the best of your knowledge, it's the complete and true copy, then rescan and send in high resolution and leave a note about the years of study. To completely close out this action point, you can provide a copy of or link to course brochure/profile listing the complete modules required to be completed for the award of a degree. This must match what's on your transcript. Alternatively, you can release contact details (phone and email) of key personnel (project supervisor/coordinator, lecturer, etc) in the institution for reference. However, I believe that simply sending clear copies of certificate and transcript and explaining the reason for the years of study difference as you already explained in your initial post would suffice; you can add evidence of employment during this period to support it.

3. During my application, while filling the experience section (though I didn't claim experience points as well), I only uploaded my NYSC certificate as proof of experience. So, yeah, make a high-resolution scan and send across. If you wanna be too careful, you can explain what NYSC meant and state that you only get a certificate of completion at the end of the service year.

4. I don't know what "name of company" the assessor was referring to. But again, if you haven't claimed any work experience, then this is so easy. If you have any document (reference letter which I know you have LOL, payslip, pension, offer letter, etc ANY), just send clear copy(ies). Furthermore, leave a note to remind your assessor that you're not claiming work experience as few of them are "over-sabi new recruits" trying to score some points from their boss.

5. YES, this would fly if you can get it:
stamped copy of the curriculum for my Msc programme by the department of Chemical Engineering or School of Post graduate studies, in addition to letter of explanation from unilag's students record department from where the transcript was originated

Again, this is no big issue as nothing is even said about your Career Episodes...

Overall, be confident and provide a concise response to all the shortcomings whether by documentary evidence or explanation/note. As stated by the assessor, the new rule is now ONE chance to respond before a decision is made. So, make good use of it. Good luck

chebyshev:
Hello my e-family,

" Your masters degree transcript seems to have missing pages. Please, submit copy of all pages as to be recognised as a masters because the course should be a two year course. Also submit high resolution, colour scan copy of your masters degree certificate, as the one you submitted is not clear and the image appears distorted "

Also,

"You need to send documentary ( employment reference letter) for periods of employment of 12 months or more - refer to page 21 of MSA Booklet. Therefore, submit reference letter for jobs at (name of company ) and NYSC ( place of primary assessment) as claimed in your CV".

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 10:12am On Apr 25, 2017
Thank you for your response.

One of my career episode was based on my Msc project.

I will add both documentary evidences and few explanations as regards my study years.

catchdwind4rmkd:
Hello,

First, there's no course for alarm as your case is easier than the usual request from assessors. Obviously, these could have been avoided; the request for further documentation might have been incited by the suspicion that you're trying to hide something using a blurred certificate and a "supposed" incomplete transcript. For future applicants, please ensure clear scan of all supporting documents - preferably 600dpi.

Secondly, regardless of what documents you submit or not following this request, your outcome would most likely be positive unless
i. One of your career episodes was based on a project during the highlighted periods (masters, name of company, and NYSC)
ii. You responded to the Professional Engineer Summary using examples or activities from the highlighted periods above.

If this is not the case, then you risk getting your masters degree assessed as not comparable to an Australian masters degree even if your application is assessed as a Professional Engineer based on your bachelors degree only. What this means is that for any purpose requiring the use of a masters degree in Australia, yours won't be eligible to be used in Australia. You may need this in future, so I advise you try to make this outcome positive.

In my opinion, you can easily get a positive outcome sequel to this request thus:

1. Scan and send your masters degree certificate in high resolution as advised.

2. Review your attached transcript for any omission. If to the best of your knowledge, it's the complete and true copy, then rescan and send in high resolution and leave a note about the years of study. To completely close out this action point, you can provide a copy of or link to course brochure/profile listing the complete modules required to be completed for the award of a degree. This must match what's on your transcript. Alternatively, you can release contact details (phone and email) of key personnel (project supervisor/coordinator, lecturer, etc) in the institution for reference. However, I believe that simply sending clear copies of certificate and transcript and explaining the reason for the years of study difference as you already explained in your initial post would suffice; you can add evidence of employment during this period to support it.

3. During my application, while filling the experience section (though I didn't claim experience points as well), I only uploaded my NYSC certificate as proof of experience. So, yeah, make a high-resolution scan and send across. If you wanna be too careful, you can explain what NYSC meant and state that you only get a certificate of completion at the end of the service year.

4. I don't know what "name of company" the assessor was referring to. But again, if you haven't claimed any work experience, then this is so easy. If you have any document (reference letter which I know you have LOL, payslip, pension, offer letter, etc ANY), just send clear copy(ies). Furthermore, leave a note to remind your assessor that you're not claiming work experience as few of them are "over-sabi new recruits" trying to score some points from their boss.

5. YES, this would fly if you can get it:
stamped copy of the curriculum for my Msc programme by the department of Chemical Engineering or School of Post graduate studies, in addition to letter of explanation from unilag's students record department from where the transcript was originated

Again, this is no big issue as nothing is even said about your Career Episodes...

Overall, be confident and provide a concise response to all the shortcomings whether by documentary evidence or explanation/note. As stated by the assessor, the new rule is now ONE chance to respond before a decision is made. So, make good use of it. Good luck

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 10:22am On Apr 25, 2017
@catchdwind4rmkd, @chebyshev, All my career episodes were based on my Msc thesis but i must add that my thesis was an industrial project. And i had positive assessment.

As regards to your transcript, you may approach the department to give you a letter explaining the length and content of the program.

I did my undergrad in UNILAG as well, and i got a degree completion letter from the department because EA said they were going to use a later date on my certificate to start the count of my work experience years. this implies that you may not necessarily go to the registrar's office.

Best of luck!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:27am On Apr 25, 2017
Wow!!! I've learned something new today!!! grin
Never knew this would fly...
So, all those crying over not knowing how to get 3 Career Episodes, here's a testimony of one project has it all...
Thanks for sharing.

majiouk2002:

All my career episodes were based on my Msc thesis but i must add that my thesis was an industrial project. And i had positive assessment.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 11:01am On Apr 25, 2017
Mamajaz!!! Nah you talk am ohh, no be me ohh!!! lol

mamajaz:

Give Me Pap Crew ( those that love being spoofed).

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iykedancastro(m): 11:07am On Apr 25, 2017
einsteino:

This one weak me o! I don't have a tax certificate nor pension(u kno how working with a private firm is), only employment letter and bank statements. can one get tax certificates from state board of internal revenue, would it fly? Maybe I would just have to leave out work experience assessment, though the extra points is highly needed.

Your bank document is a third party document, that served for one of my employment histories in absence of a tax certificate but if you have a pension certificate that would be perfect. Though am speaking from experience with EA and this was clearly stated in the MSA booklet. Ensure you digest the guidelines laid down by your assessing body. I can't authoritatively answer the question on state board of internal revenue as I didn't ply that route, someone with similar experience could throw some light soon.

All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by williog: 11:09am On Apr 25, 2017
tolajay:
So, where did you write your IELTS exam? How long did it take you to prepare? How long did it take before you got the result? Thanks.

I wrote the IELTs in Abuja and it took me like a 2 weeks. Just make sure you buy the material from British Council.That would help you alot.

Also you can download video samples from youtube. It would help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 11:20am On Apr 25, 2017
majiouk2002:
@catchdwind4rmkd, @chebyshev, All my career episodes were based on my Msc thesis but i must add that my thesis was an industrial project. And i had positive assessment.

As regards to your transcript, you may approach the department to give you a letter explaining the length and content of the program.

I did my undergrad in UNILAG as well, and i got a degree completion letter from the department because EA said they were going to use a later date on my certificate to start the count of my work experience years. this implies that you may not necessarily go to the registrar's office.

Best of luck!

Thanks. I will do as you have advised.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ohamng: 11:22am On Apr 25, 2017
Helo, pls i need ur experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jbelieve: 12:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
[quote author=premiracle post=44776979]Statutory Declarations

If you are not able to obtain an employment reference on company letterhead, a Statutory Declaration outlining the reasons for this, may be considered. You will need to include third party documentation such as taxation certificates, employment contracts, payslips, a letter from a work colleague confirming your relationship and work duties, as well as any other relevant information that verifies employment.[/quote

Hi do you have an example of a statutory declaration outlining reasons for not being able to secure a reference letter. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
Moved Forward!

ITA Received...

Praising God all the way...

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.