Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206530 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ENGRJCJ(m): 6:18am On Jul 05, 2016
akinnawou:
First and foremost, I want to commend bellong for puting up a master piece in the intro to this new thread, it was very informative.have been a silent observer on this thread for a while now,I want to thank
@scrollmeout
@NNBB2012
@chukdee
@Manmeta
They have been of great support to me in my PR paroles.
I lodger my application to EA on the 11th of April this year,and the outcome came in early today 21st April 2016 I did the fast track one.I applied as a professional Engineer, but in the outcome letter, they said my qualification is equivalent to Engineering Technologist. And that my degree is equivalent to Australia Qualification Framework as bachelors degree. I want to know if this qualifies me to v the 15points.

I wrote IELTS last year, I had above the 6.0 band score but my score didn't fetch me points.however I did PTE jst last month on the 16th of match, result came out early the following day,17th march.
Listening 81
Reading 90
Speaking 84
Writing 80
As it is now, my total points accumulated
English test -20 points
Age-32----- 25 or 30 points,by end of November I wld b a year older, I really don't know which point to pick 25 or 30
Bachelors degree(elect/ elect engineering with telecommunications option--------- 15
Total points= 60 or 65 depending on age point
I want the dons in the house to clarify on the engineering technologist thing.
Thanks house..
please did you apply as a chemical engineer.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 6:37am On Jul 05, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:
I'm kind of confused about this CDR. Do I need a CDR for MSA if I'm NOT claiming EMPLOYMENT POINTS?. I filled in the application for EA MSA but didn't submit it coz I wasn't ready to pay at the time. However, I wasn't asked to upload a CDR at any point in the application.

So, please can someone clarify on who needs a CDR and what stage of the application is it needed? Thanks.

You have a UK degree which is recognised under the washington accord so you don't need to write CDR.
I stand to be corrected though.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:38am On Jul 05, 2016
youngpboy:

Engineering Australia now accept pte
Since when? Where did u come by that info?
Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ugonology(m): 8:36am On Jul 05, 2016
bellong, jukeblam, catchdwind4rmkd, marlkinburg, oknee, chuckdee13 and other great captains of this very informative thread....i greet you all! my question goes thus, i hold a bsc in Geology with no work experience or formal engagement of any sort (except) ofcourse for my 11months industrial attachment with a construction company, where i was trained as a geotechnician. And my final year project which included some geotechnical analysis. Now, supposing i was applying for geotechnical engineer which is on the SOL list, would i possibly receive a positive assessment from EA Australia, seeing that i hold a b.sc and not a b.eng. Also will my 11months of IT experience coupled with my final year project work be considered in the place of 1 year experience?
pls i crave for your inputs on these.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dfavouredone: 9:06am On Jul 05, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:
I'm kind of confused about this CDR. Do I need a CDR for MSA if I'm NOT claiming EMPLOYMENT POINTS?. I filled in the application for EA MSA but didn't submit it coz I wasn't ready to pay at the time. However, I wasn't asked to upload a CDR at any point in the application.

So, please can someone clarify on who needs a CDR and what stage of the application is it needed? Thanks.

EA assessment is mainly based on your first degree. Where (the country) u obtained ur first degree from will determine whether u need Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) or not. If u obtained it from a country which is part of the Washington or Dublin accord, u won't need CDR, but if obtained it from Nigeria which is not part of any of these accord agreement, you surely need CDR.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2016
oknee:

You have a UK degree which is recognised under the washington accord so you don't need to write CDR.
I stand to be corrected though.

Yes, I have a UK Masters Degree which is recognised as Washington Accord.
But my First Degree is, obviously, from Nigerian University. So, I hope I'm doing it right. Maybe, I should shoot EA a mail regarding this.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2016
Dfavouredone:

EA assessment is mainly based on your first degree. Where (the country) u obtained ur first degree from will determine whether u need Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) or not. If u obtained it from a country which is part of the Washington or Dublin accord, u won't need CDR, but if obtained it from Nigeria which is not part of any of these accord agreement, you surely need CDR.

Thanks, this is very clear. I think I need to take out time to study the MSA Booklet. I must have gone directly to Washington Accord assessment based on my UK MSc, not knowing that the assessment is based on my Nigerian BEng. Fortunately, I didn't make the payment. I might have lost the fee, and have to pay for another.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:06am On Jul 05, 2016
chuckdee13:
A CDR must be written whether ur claiming points for work experience or not. U need to read the msa booklet so u get the full picture. I dunno what application u say u filled cos if u did fill the one I know there r compulsory places to upload the 3 career episodes, summary statement and cpd. Pls read the msa booklet n then ask specific questions on things not clear to u.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by akinnawou(m): 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nope,Electrical /electronics Engineer
[Aquote author=ENGRJCJ post=47217176] please did you apply as a chemical engineer. [/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bblessed: 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
eddypaki:
@Egba! Pls where do I get past questions?
@ bellong! Do I just start d process? Do I need 2 do anything concerning the state sponsoring my occupation? because I wanna start d process. Pls I need clarification on d english test, how many test am I suppose 2 write? Am a bit confused with the write ups concerning the english test. I also saw something abt partner qualification is 5points! If I add my partners qualification, can dat earn me dat point? House pls I need dis info so I can start d process. Thanks

Luckily for you
Customer service is now under high availability in SA.you will now need 55 points rather than 85 points.cheers
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ENGRJCJ(m): 2:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
akinnawou:
Nope,Electrical /electronics Engineer
[Aquote author=ENGRJCJ post=47217176] please did you apply as a chemical engineer.
i have not applied
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
ugonology:
bellong, jukeblam, catchdwind4rmkd, marlkinburg, oknee, chuckdee13 and other great captains of this very informative thread....i greet you all! my question goes thus, i hold a bsc in Geology with no work experience or formal engagement of any sort (except) ofcourse for my 11months industrial attachment with a construction company, where i was trained as a geotechnician. And my final year project which included some geotechnical analysis. Now, supposing i was applying for geotechnical engineer which is on the SOL list, would i possibly receive a positive assessment from EA Australia, seeing that i hold a b.sc and not a b.eng. Also will my 11months of IT experience coupled with my final year project work be considered in the place of 1 year experience?
pls i crave for your inputs on these.

Unfortunately I doubt you will qualify under this circumstances. You said you were trained as a geotechnician for about a year. You definately wouldn't be assessed as an engineer except you have 5yrs work experience. You would have to look for another pathway. You can enrol for environmental/geotechnical engineering masters, and apply afterwards if you have funding. A friend who has his PR went through this route. First degree geology second environmental and was added positively as a professional engr without an iota of work experience. Carefully consider your options.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
@Ugonology,

It is possible to use your final year project to write CDR as you said you did geotechnical analysis.

However, the problem lies with pure geology that you studied. I believe Engineering geology course was the only possible related course you did in your undergraduate syllabus. To get positive assessment in academic qualification, I want to believe EA may want you to have your degree in geological engineering or geotechnical engineering even civil, where you do a lot courses relating to geotechnical.

If EA have advisory service, you may try it first.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Egbabiekperemo: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
bellong:
@Ugonology,

It is possible to use your final year project to write CDR as you said you did geotechnical analysis.

However, the problem lies with pure geology that you studied. I believe Engineering geology course was the only possible related course you did in your undergraduate syllabus. To get positive assessment in academic qualification, I want to believe EA may want you to have your degree in geological engineering or geotechnical engineering even civil, where you do a lot courses relating to geotechnical.

If EA have advisory service, you may try it first.

pls i sent u a p.m; i will appreciate if u can respond. cheers
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tunai(m): 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
bblessed:

Luckily for you
Customer service is now under high availability in SA.you will now need 55 points rather than 85 points.cheers

Do you mean 55 points inclusive/exclusive of 5 points from state nomination.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eddypaki: 3:10am On Jul 06, 2016
bblessed:

Luckily for you

Wow! Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eddypaki: 3:17am On Jul 06, 2016
bblessed:

Luckily for you
This is good news! Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eddypaki: 5:10am On Jul 06, 2016
tunai:

Bblessed! How do earn d 5 points from state nomination?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 5:20am On Jul 06, 2016
eddypaki:

Bblessed! How do earn d 5 points from state nomination?

Visit the SA govt site and read up the requirement for nomination.
http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/nomination-process
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eddypaki: 5:51am On Jul 06, 2016
Hello house! Pls I need links on places where I can enroll for d english test and also download past questions
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eddypaki: 6:19am On Jul 06, 2016
oknee:

Visit the SA govt site and read up the requirement for nomination.
http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/nomination-process

Thanks Bblessed! Have gotten d requirements, pls at what point am I suppose to submit them?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eddypaki: 6:24am On Jul 06, 2016
eddypaki:

Thanks Bblessed! Have gotten d requirements, pls at what point am I suppose to submit them?
Thanks Oknee!have gotten d requirements, am I suppose to submit anything to them? As in d requirements?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bblessed: 8:41am On Jul 06, 2016
tunai:

55points exclusive. That is 55points+5points for state sponsorship.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bblessed: 8:45am On Jul 06, 2016
eddypaki:

Assessment and English test first before other processes. But read up the first page of these trend and you will understand everything about the PR process. Its very much explained by belong.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 11:05am On Jul 06, 2016
Hello every one,

Customer service manager is open in South Australiabut for only 489 class, please people in south Australia did you show prove of fund before getting your visa.

Please I need clarification because I have started my assessment for northern territory before this new development.

I appreciate your response
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bblessed: 11:14am On Jul 06, 2016
utcheylee:
Hello every one,

Customer service manager is open in South Australiabut for only 489 class, please people in south Australia did you show prove of fund before getting your visa.

Please I need clarification because I have started my assessment for northern territory before this new development.

Its open for both 190 and 489.check anzscosearch
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2016
I did under state eligibility its written provision 489 visa only under the same anszco.

Any prove of fund like bank statements please I need to know.

Thank you

quote author=bblessed post=47259110]

Its open for both 190 and 489.check anzscosearch[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2016
utcheylee:
Hello every one,

Don't even bother go come to SA on 489 visa. Keep to the NT 190, it is better for you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
Thank you bellong,

I will continue with NT but I heard NT hardly give 190,you apply for it they offer you 489.

I have read some comment from NT forum from other foreigners and almost everyone complained the same thing.

What if they offer the 489 ? I haven't really read about the benefit but someone I know said my children can still go to school for free with 489 just that I pay for medicals pending 2 years to get PR

Please what do you think? for me its better than naija change.

I am open to suggestion please.

quote author=bellong post=47263156]

Don't even bother go come to SA on 489 visa. Keep to the NT 190, it is better for you.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cynthiaezebaby: 3:25am On Jul 07, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

To simplify what HSIM has said, and made add a little:

After getting the right IELTS SCORE (at least 6.0), you need to meet all the criteria summarised above by HSIM. For emphasis,
1. You're 31yrs old or younger as at the time of application
2. You're a recent (within the last 2yrs) ENGINEERING graduate.
3. Your degree was obtained from a recognised university (Australian, Washington Accord, Sydney Accord). If you graduated from a UK or Australian University, you're likely to meet this criteria.

Those are the minimum. So, for your question, to be successful;

1. You need to submit an online application to be considered. This is only certain once you've paid the application fee.
2. You need to upload all required documents, viz
* scanned copies of
i. evidence of degree qualification (certificate and/or transcript)
II. Evidence of age (birth certificate or affodavit)
Iii. Valid Identification (International Passport and/or Drivers Licence)
iv. Valid Travel document (International Passport )
V. Recent passport photo (must meet the stated size or dimension)
Vi. Completed "FORM 80" (This is a duplicate of the online form you've already filled. So, you must save or print out a copy of your online application and use same to fill your form 80 to avoid contradictions.
Vii. Medical Clearance (You can only be able to upload your polio vaccination certificate. Your complete medical statement will be uploaded directly to your file by àny of the assigned clinics you choose to use. You can only do your medical clearance at selected medical centres which are listed on the application website. You're, however, required to complete an online self medical assessment)
Viii. Evidence of Good Character (Police Character Certificate from all countries you've lived in for at least 12 months in the past 10yrs. This too can only be gotten from selected Police offices in the country)
IX. Evidence of English Competency (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE)
X. Proof of Address (bank statement, utility bills, etc)

You don't have to upload all these at the point of submission of application. You have time to do this after you've submitted your application, but the earlier the better.

A case officer will be assigned to you about 2 months from the date of submission of your application. Your case officer may contact you about the status of or decision on your visa application if you've provided all the required evidence. He may also contact you to request for additional documents or evidence if you're yet to submit them.

If you meet all the requirements and have provided all the proofs, you'll definitely be granted the Visa. It takes between between 2 to 6 months to know the outcome of your application. Surprisingly, no proof of fund is required for this visa. I hope I have been able to help. Others can enlighten you more in areas that I've not been detailed.

Best wishes.
thank you for wonderful informations, please my question is can I used my one year Nysc work experience to apply? Secondly can I use my b.sc i got in india hope is acceptable ? When Is possible to write liet exam? My Nysc will be completed March 2017,and how i go for evaluation of certificate? I studied nursing. Please will be happy to hear from you soon.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Agbabiaka99: 9:13am On Jul 07, 2016
--

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Egbabiekperemo: 9:31am On Jul 07, 2016
please is there any nairalander in tasmania? i need to connect. cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.