Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206478 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by config: 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hello Agbabiaka,

I also hold a BSC from Uni Ibadan with a 2.2 grade but with 8 yrs experience now.

I would advise you write some CISCO EXAMS (like CCNP and CCDP) before you apply for ACS.

To be sure of your getting a positive outcome.

Am a dual CCIE in R&S and SP.

I apply for ACS in 30 June 2016 and I got a positive feedback in 4 July 2016.

You can contact me for the exams as well.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Agbabiaka99: 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
@ config

Thanks for the response, how do I contact you please so we can exchange ideas further. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ome240: 2:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
@Egbabie, I am in Tasmania - Launceston to be precise. You may hola at me
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
cynthiaezebaby:
thank you for wonderful informations, please my question is can I used my one year Nysc work experience to apply? Secondly can I use my b.sc i got in india hope is acceptable ? When Is possible to write liet exam? My Nysc will be completed March 2017,and how i go for evaluation of certificate? I studied nursing. Please will be happy to hear from you soon.

You're welcome. But I can't really understand your questions but I'll try.

If it's 476 you're after, then you don't really need a work experience as it's for graduates. 476 is mainly to help fresh international graduates gain work experience.
To know if your degree is acceptable, you need to review the website to see if your university falls under any of the accord agreements (Washington Accord, Sydney Accord and Dublin Accord). This is specific to your case. So, you need to research whether your university is recognised or your degree is accredited.

You can write IELTS at any date for as much as there's free seat or slot. IELTS is mostly written every other Saturday, and you can book a slot online. Check their website for available dates and venues close to you. Pls leave yourself enough time to prepare.

I'm an Engineer, and haven't read much about nursing; but I know there's an assessing body for nursing just like Engineers Australia assesses or evaluates Engineering degrees.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by xcaper(m): 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hello house I have B.Eng in chemical engineering, MBA. I also have 9 years working experience in the bank . What role can I apply for as per the Australian permanent resident visa. Please help a brother.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by humanshado: 7:05am On Jul 08, 2016
xcaper:
Hello house I have B.Eng in chemical engineering, MBA. I also have 9 years working experience in the bank . What role can I apply for as per the Australian permanent resident visa. Please help a brother.

if your age is between 25 and 32, you can assess your BEng with Engineers Australia and try and ace IELTS with at least 8 in all four sections of Listering, Reading, Writing and Speaking. You will have enough points to apply for Skilled Independent 189 without claiming points for work experience. However if you are in the 33-39 age bracket, you will have to seek State nomination. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by humanshado: 7:14am On Jul 08, 2016
cynthiaezebaby:
thank you for wonderful informations, please my question is can I used my one year Nysc work experience to apply? Secondly can I use my b.sc i got in india hope is acceptable ? When Is possible to write liet exam? My Nysc will be completed March 2017,and how i go for evaluation of certificate? I studied nursing. Please will be happy to hear from you soon.

You can use your one year NYSC work experience but make sure you state it as paid employment wink

You will need to assess your degree with ANMAC. Check their website for details through the link below.

http://www.anmac.org.au/assessment-process

Your degree from India is acceptable so you don't have any problem with that.

You can take IELTS anytime you are ready and you have the cash to pay grin. Check british council website below for registration and other details.
https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/dates-fees-locations

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 7:39am On Jul 08, 2016
If he/she gets 20 points from English, even being in the 33-39 age bracket, 189 is still on the table. Please don't mislead.
humanshado:

if your age is between 25 and 32, you can assess your BEng with Engineers Australia and try and ace IELTS with at least 8 in all four sections of Listering, Reading, Writing and Speaking. You will have enough points to apply for Skilled Independent 189 without claiming points for work experience. However if you are in the 33-39 age bracket, you will have to seek State nomination. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by humanshado: 7:49am On Jul 08, 2016
chuckdee13:
If he/she gets 20 points from English, even being in the 33-39 age bracket, 189 is still on the table. Please don't mislead.

Oh yeah I see. But you can still correct mistakes without being RUDE.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eyejayaz(f): 8:15am On Jul 08, 2016
Goodmorning guys, sorry i am a first timer here. I would like to know the cost of the pr for myself and my husband as what i see on the immi site is quite confusing showing 3 diffrent figures.
Please thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 10:10am On Jul 08, 2016
Sorry about that. Didn't mean to be rude if it sounded that way.
humanshado:

Oh yeah I see. But you can still correct mistakes without being RUDE.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 10:20am On Jul 08, 2016
For the primary applicant it costs $3600, for an additional applicant above 18 it costs $1800, and for an additional applicant below 18 it costs $900.This is the way I understand it though theres a note there, others can clarify.
eyejayaz:
Goodmorning guys, sorry i am a first timer here. I would like to know the cost of the pr for myself and my husband as what i see on the immi site is quite confusing showing 3 diffrent figures.
Please thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eyejayaz(f): 11:12am On Jul 08, 2016
Okay thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by uzziii: 11:19am On Jul 08, 2016
Hello people, please I have plans of migrating to Australia through the independent skills visa option. I really want to know if anyone (Nigerians) have migrated through this Visa option. Also I would like to know if there is any Nigerian Practicing Architect in Australia in this forum
I really need to inquire from such a person if there are job opportunities in this field over there and also if our Educational Qualifications are accepted by the AACA (Accreditation body for Architects).

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by joyuzo(f): 11:43am On Jul 08, 2016
humanshado:

You can use your one year NYSC work experience but make sure you state it as paid employment wink

You will need to assess your degree with ANMAC. Check their website for details through the link below.

http://www.anmac.org.au/assessment-process

Your degree from India is acceptable so you don't have any problem with that.

You can take IELTS anytime you are ready and you have the cash to pay grin. Check british council website below for registration and other details.

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/dates-fees-locations

Good luck!
Please I would like to know how to access and verify my UK MSc certificate, although my first degree was in Nigeria. I believe I must verify my Nigerian Certificate? How much POF do I need for a family of 5. thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eddypaki: 10:12pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hello hus! Pls can anyone tell me how much VETASSESS charges as fees? also where I check for d vis fees? Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ladon7: 8:53am On Jul 09, 2016
Good mng to all d gurus in da aose, pls hubby got his name changed from Azeez to Abdulazeez, he has Azeez on all his doc,but since a paper publication has been made and court affidavit,he processed his passport wit Abdulazeez. He op to use his passport name for ielts,Pls op there won't be issues later as per his credentials later.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by eddypaki: 10:45am On Jul 09, 2016
[quote author=eddypaki post=47347038]Hello hus! Pls can anyone tell me how much VETASSESS charges as fees? Will it be paid in Australian or USA dollars?also where I check for the visa fees
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by xcaper(m): 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2016
chuckdee13:
Thank you all for the response, am glad we are all our brothers keeper, I am 34 years at the moment, how do i verify my engineering degree as suggested. Am really keen at doing this Australian stuff.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by xcaper(m): 3:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
humanshado:

Thank you so much for your response. Am already 34 years , how can I assess my BEng degree with Engineers in Australia? My wife also has Bsc in computer science can both of us apply separately? So as to increase our changes of getting the visa.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by xcaper(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2016
humanshado:

Thank you so much for your response. Am already 34 years , how can I assess my BEng degree with Engineers in Australia? My wife also has Bsc in computer science can both of us apply separately? So as to increase our chances of getting the visa.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cynthized(f): 8:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
Pls gurus in d house, i want to know between Cpa, ICAA and IPA which is better for giving positive assessment in Management accountant, or accountant General.. I'm nt a member of any professional body can i stil get a positive accessment..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lovetrust(m): 12:04am On Jul 10, 2016
bellong:

Don't even bother go come to SA on 489 visa. Keep to the NT 190, it is better for you.

@bellong
plz has it been confirmed that customer service occupation is still available for visa 190 too?

thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 2:05am On Jul 10, 2016
@Chuck
Please can you kindly share with me the link to this information?
Thanks.

[Qquote author=chuckdee13 post=47324526]For the primary applicant it costs $3600, for an additional applicant above 18 it costs $1800, and for an additional applicant below 18 it costs $900.This is the way I understand it though theres a note there, others can clarify.
[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 3:29am On Jul 10, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

You're welcome. But I can't really understand your questions but I'll try.

If it's 476 you're after, then you don't really need a work experience as it's for graduates. 476 is mainly to help fresh international graduates gain work experience.
To know if your degree is acceptable, you need to review the website to see if your university falls under any of the accord agreements (Washington Accord, Sydney Accord and Dublin Accord). This is specific to your case. So, you need to research whether your university is recognised or your degree is accredited.

You can write IELTS at any date for as much as there's free seat or slot. IELTS is mostly written every other Saturday, and you can book a slot online. Check their website for available dates and venues close to you. Pls leave yourself enough time to prepare.

I'm an Engineer, and haven't read much about nursing; but I know there's an assessing body for nursing just like Engineers Australia assesses or evaluates Engineering degrees.
That Assessing body is ANMAC

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cynthized(f): 10:49am On Jul 10, 2016
Cynthized:
Pls gurus in d house, i want to know between Cpa, ICAA and IPA which is better for giving positive assessment in Management accountant, or accountant General.. I'm nt a member of any professional body can i stil get a positive accessment..
@bellong and Others pls help me out
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 11:34am On Jul 10, 2016
Sunvick

Here's the link
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees
Click on general skilled migration.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 11:38am On Jul 10, 2016
Go to www.engineersaustralia.org.au all the info u need is therr. Download the msa booklet and study it,it'll help u to prepare ur CDR. U can come back with specific questions during ur study.
xcaper:

Thank you all for the response, am glad we are all our brothers keeper, I am 34 years at the moment, how do i verify my engineering degree as suggested. Am really keen at doing this Australian stuff.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
Cynthized:

@bellong and Others pls help me out

Yes you can if you have accounting experience. I think IPA is not particular about professional registration like ICAN, not completely sure though.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
lovetrust:

@bellong
plz has it been confirmed that customer service occupation is still available for visa 190 too?

thanks.

Only available for 489
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by xcaper(m): 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
chuckdee13:
Go to www.engineersaustralia.org.au all the info u need is therr. Download the msa booklet and study it,it'll help u to prepare ur CDR. U can come back with specific questions during ur study.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.