Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208228 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:27am On Apr 27, 2017
Adewakeup1:

@bellong, God bless you bro

Changes to the 457 visa: What does it mean for international students?
Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull made headlines last week after announcing skilled 457 visas will be replaced with an alternative that will see him “put jobs first” and “Australians first”.

The shock decision came on Tuesday via Facebook, where Turnbull claimed the new system will hone in on “genuine skills shortages” and would include tougher criteria like compulsory work experience, strong English proficiency and a criminal record check.

At the present time, there are 95,758 people using a 457 visa in Australia, with the greatest proportion from India (24.6 per cent), followed by the United Kingdom (19.5 per cent) and China (5.8 per cent).

To make this information more digestible, the team at Studies in Australia has come up with some fast facts about the alterations to the 457 visa.

What is a 457 visa?
A 457 visa allows a skilled worker from overseas to “travel to Australia to work in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor for up to four years.” The visa holder must be sponsored by an Australian business, which in turn has to ensure there isn’t an Australian worker who could fill the role.

How is it being changed?
The 457 visa will be replaced by the Temporary Skill Shortage Visa, available in two- and four-year programs. While there are currently over 650 jobs listed for 457 holders, this will be reduced by 200 when the new system comes into operation.

The criteria for applicants will also change, with tougher restrictions including:

Greater English proficiency
Police and criminal record check
Mandatory two years of work experience
Compulsory labour market testing
Sponsoring foreign workers will be considerably more expensive for businesses, costing $1,150 for a two-year visa and $2,400 for the four-year equivalent (more than double the previous fee).

What about current 457 visa holders?
For anybody who holds a 457 visa at the moment, it’s not so bad. A “grandfathering arrangement” will ensure that these individuals will not risk immediate deportation and will still work on the conditions of the 457 visa.

When will it come into effect?
The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa will officially launch in March 2018, although the condensation of some occupation lists began as early as April 19.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dewys1: 10:19am On Apr 27, 2017
Hello house,

It is my turn to testify. My skills have been accessed positively for migration....
qualifications: AQF Bachelors with major in computing
Years : 7 years.

Timeline
submitted for acs assessment: April 7
Case finished with success: April 26.

Thanks to Oga Bellong, Bnimz and all veterans in the house.

Regards,

7 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:25am On Apr 27, 2017
Dewys1:
Hello house,

It is my turn to testify. My skills have been accessed positively for migration....

Timeline

Regards,
Congrats...
what occupation
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dewys1: 10:47am On Apr 27, 2017
System analyst.

Alphadoor:

Congrats...
what occupation
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 11:24am On Apr 27, 2017
afolaseg:

Congratulation Bro..
Hey, I ve sent you a pm
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 11:52am On Apr 27, 2017
Dewys1:
Hello house,

Congratulations... Success in other milestones.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dewys1:
System analyst.

how many years was deducted out of the 7yrs

@vickyglam, take note of his response
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dewys1: 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
Two years deducted from the seven years. Makes 5 post qualification years.

Which stage are you now Oga Alphadoor?

Alphadoor:

how many years was deducted out of the 7yrs

@vickyglam, take note of his response
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dewys1:
Two years deducted from the seven years. Makes 5 post qualification years.

Which stage are you now Oga Alphadoor?

Lucky you grin just 2yrs

I submitted EOI with 55+5 for NSW 190 .
Prepping to Take my English to 20pts..
So I can queue up for 189 with 65pts against July when the ceiling gets a reset..
And boost me up the NSW 190 QUEUE

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 28, 2017
Good morning Efamily,

Can my husband use his transcript from department to upload for vetassess or he should request for a student copy from exams and record .

University of Ibadan have sent the transcript to vetassess and they confirmed receipt. But they ask us to upload a soft copy as well thus the reason for asking.

I need clarification asap please.

TGIF
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 7:20am On Apr 28, 2017
Vetassess finally responded positively yesterday.
Lodged date: 20/02/2017
Positive outcome: 26/04/2017
Date deemed skilled: 05/2012
A year was removed from my 6 years experience. I can claim 10 points from experience by next month.
Im getting there by His Grace.

Thanks to Bellong and others for this great platform.

10 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 9:03am On Apr 28, 2017
metrecube:
Date deemed skilled: 05/2012
A year was removed from my 6 years experience. I can claim 10 points from experience by next month.
Im getting there by His Grace.

Thanks to Bellong and others for this great platform.

Congrats cheesy
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 9:13am On Apr 28, 2017
Alphadoor:

Congrats cheesy
Thanks bro.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 9:51am On Apr 28, 2017
metrecube:
Vetassess finally responded positively yesterda
Congrats
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:20am On Apr 28, 2017
Congratulations metrecube,

Almost done...

@Uchenna2017,

I think he should get student copy from the exams and records office.

The department's transcript doesn't always look like the main one.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 28, 2017
Congrats
Dewys1:
Hello house,

Timeline

Regards,
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
Thanks Bellong,

Will do the needful asap.

quote author=bellong post=55999069]Congratulations metrecube,

Almost done...

@Uchenna2017,

I think he should get student copy from the exams and records office.

The department's transcript doesn't always look like the main one.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
@belong, mctowel01,Bnimz,Vismult and others.

I am not assessing my experience and yet my assessor wants me to supply employment reference based on experience claimed on my CV. Please kindly know that this experience does not in any way related to my career episodes or my nominated occupation and it is clearly written in a particular section of MSA booklet that documentary evidence should only applies if candidate is claiming point for experience or any of the career episodes is based on the claimed experience . My assessor based his/her comment on another section of the MSA booklet that states that candidate should supply documentary evidence for 12 months or more years of work experience .

My challenge is that my former employer is unwilling to issue employment reference letter to me. Although Catchwindfrmkid has advised me to upload my employment letter and a commendation letter I was given while in service but I want other people to share their own views about this because AUD1025(fast track inclusive) no be beans. Lols
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by asadiaboymma: 3:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hello everyone,
Please I requested for my transcripts from my school in October, 2016. But I didn't pay for posting then.
Now I need to send my transcripts to VETASSESS but the date of issue on the transcripts is October 2016. Should I request that the school provides a new transcripts or just go ahead with this one? Bearing in mind that preparation for a new transcripts takes up to a month and sending altogether might span almost two months that's a lot of time.Will the date become a problem? I don't want issues.
Thanks in advance.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
chebyshev:
@belong, m

My challenge is that my former employer is unwilling to issue employment reference letter to me. Although Catchwindfrmkid has advised me to upload my employment letter and a commendation letter I was given while in service but I want other people to share their own views about this because AUD1025(fast track inclusive) no be beans. Lols
Baba this one pass me o. I think they are just looking for any evidence to back up substantial periods of work on your CV. I would have suggested you explain to your employer again, but if its a dead end, you can submit various evidence of work there like salary slips, offer letter, promotion letter, etc. having company letter heads, then explain the situation to the assessor.
This is my opinion, someone might have a better suggestion.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 4:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
asadiaboymma:
Hello everyone,
Please I requested for my transcripts from my school in October, 2016. But I didn't pay for posting then.
Now I need to send my transcripts to VETASSESS but the date of issue on the transcripts is October 2016. Should I request that the school provides a new transcripts or just go ahead with this one? Bearing in mind that preparation for a new transcripts takes up to a month and sending altogether might span almost two months that's a lot of time.Will the date become a problem? I don't want issues.
Thanks in advance.

The date won't be an issue.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 5:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
metrecube:

Congrats metrecube for your positive assessment. passing through Vetassess is not a joke
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Phlunter01: 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
Congratulations....may the other steps be itch free by God's grace
And I trust God that I will testify soon as my assessment journey has been super long.
metrecube:

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 8:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
Prolivingproof:

Congrats metrecube for your positive assessment. passing through Vetassess is not a joke
Thanks bro. Vetassess na one way traffic. U have to give dem exactly wat dey want. I just discovered that our occupations are related. I will pm U.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by UzorSteve(m): 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
I just registered for the engineering assessment on their assessment website. I did that on Thursday morning and I am yet to get a response.
The notification said I would be assigned and assessor but I have not got any response like I stated earlier.

Hope am on track?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
Phlunter01:
Congratulations....may the other steps be itch free by God's grace
And I trust God that I will testify soon as my assessment journey has been super long.
Thanks madam. You will testify soon. You are d next in line.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 10:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
ACS guys, I just dey wonder,, if someone assesses a Certification like CCNP or Mcse or something,, is the work experience (2 years) still required?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 10:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hi Izykvision0, i sent you an email. I need to make enquiries on melton suburb. Pls reply.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 11:02pm On Apr 28, 2017
Thanks mctowel01 for your view. I am still expecting to hear from Bellong,Vismult, Bnimz and others please.
mctowel01:

Baba this one pass me o. I think they are just looking for any evidence to back up substantial periods of work on your CV. I would have suggested you explain to your employer again, but if its a dead end, you can submit various evidence of work there like salary slips, offer letter, promotion letter, etc. having company letter heads, then explain the situation to the assessor.
This is my opinion, someone might have a better suggestion.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 12:15am On Apr 29, 2017
Good morning Family,

I intended to nominate Human Resource adviser unfortunately it was removed from the list. I have been researching cuz I do not intend to give up on this dream. I have b. SC in public administration and I did some courses like :

Intro to philosophy
Intro to psychology
Conflict resolution
Social change and problems
Intro to sociology
Rural and community development
Project planning and implementation
Govt and administration of urban system
Public personal administration
Development administration
Social and welfare administration
Public budgeting system... Etc

As a result of the above, I intend to nominate Community worker. I have a relation that runs an NGO in this area, worked with him briefly after NYSC before getting employment in HR. I can be able to provide evidence of employment in line with the job description. Family, do you think the courses/ degree mentioned above can be positively assessed for Community worker? Please, help a brother. Oga belong and other gurus in the house. God bless you all.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:26am On Apr 29, 2017
chebyshev:
Thanks

I am not conversant with EA. However, if your employer refuses giving you a reference, you can do a statutory declaration. Once the declaration is done, add letter of offer, payslip, bank statement to corroborate your claim.

A sample copy of the declaration is attached on the opening page.

@Kingbukaz,

Depends on the assessing body and number of years of experience in lieu of qualification required.

Read the requirements of the assessing authority on their website.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:31am On Apr 29, 2017
Phlunter01:

It has been quite a while you started. What stage are you now? Is there any unusual challenge?

@Uzorsteve,

You need to exercise patience. Nothing unusual has happened to your application. EA handles lot of applications. When it is your turn, you would be contacted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.