Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208233 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zobay(m): 7:11pm On May 19, 2017
bellong:

If your research experience is in the sciences, you can get a nomination from Victoria.

Assess as a Mathematician.

Thank you sir
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 7:48pm On May 19, 2017
Alphadoor:
Took PTE 9days ago...

Still awaiting result

EPP me beg them to release my 20pts grin

send email to their customer service with your exam details.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Fabbyboy: 8:16pm On May 19, 2017
I asked this question few days ago but no reply ... now am asking again. Can i apply for this but i have no job experience yet... because i am still in service but i will be done by december. In this situation what can i do base on the job experience space to fill?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 9:20pm On May 19, 2017
Fabbyboy:
I asked this question few days ago but no reply ... now am asking again. Can i apply for this but i have no job experience yet... because i am still in service but i will be done by december. In this situation what can i do base on the job experience space to fill?

You haven't provided any concrete information for anyone to be able to help you with your query. What's your skill/qualification? What occupation do you intend nominating? These would help determine whether you need experience for positive assessment or not.

And I'm guessing that you haven't read the first few pages of this thread. Please do if you haven't
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 9:32pm On May 19, 2017
Prolivingproof:

send email to their customer service with your exam details.

I have called and emailed.

I have been asked to wait a little longer
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by santa007(m): 10:25pm On May 19, 2017
Hello everyone , i studied banking and finance 2012, currently work as administrative staff in a contracting firm. I really do not know where i can fit in on the list as banking and finance does not seem to have options. I will like you all and all the gurus to help me out as regards my course of study and skilled occupation i can apply. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chiomamirabel94: 12:01am On May 20, 2017
wooow, I am so happy to come across this thread, weldone Oga Bellong. I just joined nairaland today and I noticed this thread was pasted last year, I do not know if it is still valid as I wish to use this means to apply for my family. Please help a sister, does this means of Australian PR route still valid? Awaiting your reply, thanks in anticipation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 12:58am On May 20, 2017
chiomamirabel94:
wooow, I am so happy to come across this thread, weldone Oga Bellong. I just joined nairaland today and I noticed this thread was pasted last year, I do not know if it is still valid as I wish to use this means to apply for my family. Please help a sister, does this means of Australian PR route still valid? Awaiting your reply, thanks in anticipation.

Yes it is still valid. Check the opening page, view the skill list and see where your qualification falls. Then you'd know where to go from there.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 2:25am On May 20, 2017
Thanks for your understanding.

sesal:

Thanks for the correction. I have edited my post.I didn't think about it that way. I actually also got the addrsses on this thread posted by someone.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by manucho: 5:00am On May 20, 2017
Hello everyone belong and co....please I have HND Agric Extension and Management no experience years since I've graduated though I'm into buying and selling stuffs like red oil, plaintains on a very large scale and sell to market women...please I want to go through this PR route I've read everywhere up and down don't even know where I fit in aspa work to choose cause I've got no experience in my course of study or even any other stuffs. My wife she has a shop where she sells baby stuffs on a large scale. I have someone in down OZ but i dont know where i fit in. Help me oh

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by einsteino(m): 5:28am On May 20, 2017
manucho:
Hello everyone belong and co....please I have HND Agric Extension and Management no experience years since I've graduated though I'm into buying and selling stuffs like red oil, plaintains on a very large scale and sell to market women...please I want to go through this PR route I've read everywhere up and down don't even know where I fit in aspa work to choose cause I've got no experience in my course of study or even any other stuffs. My wife she has a shop where she sells baby stuffs on a large scale. I have someone in down OZ but i dont know where i fit in. Help me oh

I dont know much about your field of study and your Accessing body. Just want to say I love what you do, it is something I hope to get into in the future.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by manucho: 7:10am On May 20, 2017
einsteino:

I dont know much about your field of study and your Accessing body. Just want to say I love what you do, it is something I hope to get into in the future.

Thanks bro and are you in OZ? Do you have any idea of other route besides school that would lead to PR
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 7:49am On May 20, 2017
manucho:

Thanks bro and are you in OZ? Do you have any idea of other route besides school that would lead to PR
Check agric consultant if you fit in.
nkechima, I sight you oh.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Fabbyboy: 8:00am On May 20, 2017
I have B-tech in industrial design and i nominated industrial design for assesment but i have no job experience in the field. I graduated last year and am still in service. I did my IT in university press plc and my place of assignment is Enugu state polytechnic under entrepreneurship. Can i fill both IT and NYSC as my job experience.? Pls guild me
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:06am On May 20, 2017
Somebody say something na.

can i apply for visitor visa like now now (6 months) and go and continue with my PR right there in Aussie..

I have lodge my EOI, just awaiting ITA.

cc bellong wellendowed everyone
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mijac: 9:57am On May 20, 2017
@ Morakky and keleto

Pls sorry I hvnt gotten back to u. Email has not been going through. Don't knw y. Will keep trying. What r ur disciples?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 11:48am On May 20, 2017
Alphadoor:
Somebody say something na.

can i apply for visitor visa like now now (6 months) and go and continue with my PR right there in Aussie..

I have lodge my EOI, just awaiting ITA.

cc bellong wellendowed everyone

I'll start with addressing your desperation....it will affect your decision making. Be careful not to take any steps that could jeopardise your ultimate goal.

Now, the visitor visa is clearly for visitors. How do you intend to convince DIBP that you are a genuine visitor when clearly you're an aspiring PR holder? Remember you have submitted an EOI. A CO can easily interpret that you're losing your patience and only wants to get in by any means possible. It would have been better if you had a valid visitor visa and then launched your PR application (there's no guarantee the PR will be granted while visitor visa is still valid sef, as per time frame o). I can only imagine the contents of your bag while embarking on that "visit".....certificates, transcripts, references and letters etc. If American border patrol (don't know about Australia sha) see that one for airport lasan, na to send you go back o.

Bros, Surulere. Believe me, many can't wait to start a new phase of life down under. Biko, just find something to kill time.

9 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by einsteino(m): 12:00pm On May 20, 2017
manucho:

not at all. I am in Nigeria
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 20, 2017
Omooloriredade:

I'll start with addressing your desperation....it will affect your decision making. Be careful not to take any steps that could jeopardise your ultimate goal.

Now, the visitor visa is clearly for visitors. How do you intend to convince DIBP that you are a genuine visitor when clearly you're an aspiring PR holder? Remember you have submitted an EOI. A CO can easily interpret that you're losing your patience and only wants to get in by any means possible. It would have been better if you had a valid visitor visa and then launched your PR application (there's no guarantee the PR will be granted while visitor visa is still valid sef, as per time frame o). I can only imagine the contents of your bag while embarking on that "visit".....certificates, transcripts, references and letters etc. If American border patrol (don't know about Australia sha) see that one for airport lasan, na to send you go back o.

Bros, Surulere. Believe me, many can't wait to start a new phase of life down under. Biko, just find something to kill time.

Well said omooloriredade, @alphadoor I beg cool temper. Na so he dey do everyone too, try find something else to do while your waiting for the ITA.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 12:55pm On May 20, 2017
*** modified

First of all, your assessing body is VETASSES. As a result you need at least one year experience to get a positive assessment, hence before you can embark on the Australian PR journey.
https://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-assessment-for-migration/general-occupations/required-documents

Secondly, it's only being sponsored by two states; South Australia and Tasmania but with conditions that you're not likely to be able to fulfill. See this link
https://www.anzscosearch.com/search/

Fabbyboy:
I have B-tech in industrial design and i nominated industrial design for assesment but i have no job experience in the field. I graduated last year and am still in service. I did my IT in university press plc and my place of assignment is Enugu state polytechnic under entrepreneurship. Can i fill both IT and NYSC as my job experience.? Pls guild me
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 1:20pm On May 20, 2017
Hey fam! Congrats to everyone who recently received grants. Please I need epp, I want to go Oz to activate my PR and return to Naija. Will IOM subsidize my return ticket? thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ideamaster(m): 1:47pm On May 20, 2017
kMan2204:

Please do you have access to Turnitin?

Can I send my CDRs to you So that you can help me check with it?

Thanks

I am sorry I can't help you with this as I no longer have access to turnitin. All the best with your EA assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 1:56pm On May 20, 2017
chidike:
Hey fam! Congrats to everyone who recently received grants. Please I need epp, I want to go Oz to activate my PR and return to Naija. Will IOM subsidize my return ticket? thanks.

No, IOM won't help with return ticket; only one-way tickets and it has to be on a migration visa.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 1:57pm On May 20, 2017
jukeblam:

No, IOM won't help with return ticket; only one-way tickets and it has to be on a migration visa.
Okay, thanks bro!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:48pm On May 20, 2017
@Alphadoor,

Nothing to add to what Omoloriredaade wrote.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 20, 2017
mamajaz:

Check agric consultant if you fit in.
nkechima, I sight you oh.
My sis..... I dey observation mode
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Gracefulchild: 5:07pm On May 20, 2017
Good day,

I have read through this thread and I have gained a lot of knowledge. I however, have some specific questions.

I graduated from a University in Canada with a BComm (Accounting) about 4 years ago and returned home right after (don't ask me why wink)

I was to go back after NYSC but I got a job and decided to stay back. With all the issues this country is facing, I have decided to relocate. Canada would have been a better option as my education as well as having siblings who are PRs automatically give me about 30 additional points going the Canadian route. I also won't have to bother about skills assessment and police report.

I am now considering Australia as I want an entirely new environment. I understand I need to get my skills assessed but I'm a bit confused if it is just my degree or my work experience. I worked as an accountant during NYSC (1 year) and got a job as a Financial Analyst in a non-financial services sector (2 1/2 years). I will also be completing my final ACCA papers in June. I have sent emails to the three assessing bodies for the Accounting profession but they didn't clear my doubts, they all seemed to contradict themselves. Can someone please help? What documents do I need to send? Will they need my IELTS results ( I will be writing this after my exams)?

If there is any accountant in the house, how easy was it to convert your qualification when you landed?

I will be getting married towards the end of the year, how easy/fast will it be to get papers for my spouse when I get mine? We don't want to wait till then to start as the process may change.

We are also trying to decide on which state we should settle, any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank You.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hordunayodt: 5:22pm On May 20, 2017
manucho:

Well, you would have fit in for agricultural consultant with your occupation, but vetassess requires a qualification In the range of an AQF for the occupation , which means 5years in most universities here. Also, experience In a highly related field, I doubt buying and selling will fly with them. So that seems like the basics bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 5:44pm On May 20, 2017
Gracefulchild:
. Canada would have been a better option as my education as well as having siblings who are PRs automatically give me about 30 additional points going the Canadian route. I also won't have to bother about skills assessment and police report.
Not to rain on your parade, but Accountants require huge points for invitation at the moment, even 70 pointers wait ages for invitation... What you have outlined supports Canadian Express Entry better... Just my opinion though

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 6:10pm On May 20, 2017
@Gracefulchild

I think you should take the advice of the poster above me.

My wife is a Chartered Accountant. She submitted EOIs for both 189 and 190 subclasses since Oct/Nov last year with 65 and 70 points respectively. Up till now, no show.

Meanwhile, she got ITA under Canadian Express Entry within a short time after evaluating her Masters coupled with an improved IELTS result.

With the profile you described above, you may be better off pursuing Canadian PR.

cc: toslad

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 7:03pm On May 20, 2017
nkechima:
My sis..... I dey observation mode
It is well ma.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 7:17pm On May 20, 2017
cc: toslad[/quote]

Thanks 40manlappy and Bnimz

I don't think there's anything else to add.

I don't know how old you are though @gracefulchild. You may go through the first page and score yourself as per your points. But like they had already mentioned, we Accountants are on a long thing. I am not sure if your professional qualification will count as my ICAN certificate wasn't considered.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.