Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208415 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 7:07am On May 23, 2017
diggy4real:
Please House, who has ever used Tax Identification Card in place of tax certificate or tax clearance or Pension Statement of Account for EA's assessment and got a positive result?

Someone should help me out on this question.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 8:43am On May 23, 2017
diggy4real:

Someone should help me out on this question.

Whichever you lay your hands on is fine. Even better if you have a tax document (any kind) plus a pension fund statement. They are independent documents that verify your income from the company you work for. EA asks for any of the two. A bank statement showing salary inflow will suffice too. If your assessor needs more, he/she will ask. EA no too get wahala jare. No reason to fear.

You should take extra care to work on your:

1. Reference letter (clearly showing important details as outlined in EA's MSA doc). Your job duties should reflect at least 80% of the duties of the profession you are nominating as listed in the ANZSCO doc
2. CDR
3. Transcript + certificate
4. Etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by happy4lucy: 9:22am On May 23, 2017
I love reading stories like this because it gives me hope.

I and my hubby are planning to migrate too, we have done the educational assessment he is an architect but we are waiting for his English exam result he took on may 13th, I pray he gets 10points so we can bag 70points. currently we already have 60points.

now my question is must he do skill assessment, he has 10yrs working experience in Architectural field, but his friend that went through that field told him no need for that.

jamson:
Ok folks,

Been itching to come around and drop my memoir. It's been quite a while isn't it? Will be 2 months old in Sydney, Australia in a few days time. I missed you guys no be small

Same same story with medicare, centrelink and Tax file number. Tyosho did justice to those already.

Well, as planned, we hit the Aussie's ground running. Got white card within 3 days of arrival and a forklift license within 2 weeks. On the side I kept applying for the pro job. I got a Forklift job immediately I got the license and the pay wasn't bad for someone who just arrived. Turns out if you want to get a job on time, you do not only push out your CV but also call the advertising agencies to follow up on your application. More often than not, I got to secure interviews with recruiters I called up after applications.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 9:25am On May 23, 2017
jamson:

Whichever you lay your hands on is fine. Even better if you have a tax document (any kind) plus a pension fund statement. They are independent documents that verify your income from the company you work for. EA asks for any of the two. A bank statement showing salary inflow will suffice too. If your assessor needs more, he/she will ask. EA no too get wahala jare. No reason to fear.

You should take extra care to work on your:

1. Reference letter (clearly showing important details as outlined in EA's MSA doc). Your job duties should reflect at least 80% of the duties of the profession you are nominating as listed in the ANZSCO doc
2. CDR
3. Transcript + certificate
4. Etc

Thanks for the response bro, what about DIPB? Hope they will still recognise this tax identification card? I Have been waiting for tax certificate but is taking too long and my company is not into any pension scheme of any sort.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:14am On May 23, 2017
happy4lucy:
I love reading stories like this because it gives me hope.

I and my hubby are planning to migrate too, we have done the educational assessment he is an architect but we are waiting for his English exam result he took on may 13th, I pray he gets 10points so we can bag 70points. currently we already have 60points.

now my question is must he do skill assessment, he has 10yrs working experience in Architectural field, but his friend that went through that field told him no need for that.

How did u arrive at 60 points

Educational qualification goes hand in hand with skill assessment. There is no separate body assessing both.
Primary applicants are required to have their skills assessed with the appropriate body.
a +ve Assessment is also required for submission of EOI.

Moreover, since its a GSM (General Skilled Migration) visa, There is no skipping assessment with AACA for an architect.

Is the English exam PTE-A?, i took mine on the 10th of may, and still no result.

I hope i made sense

The gurus should please pitch in?

More details available at link below
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/190-
https://www.acacia-au.com/skilled-migration-requirements.php

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by happy4lucy: 10:47am On May 23, 2017
surprised!

yeah we have gotten a positive assessment from AACA body in march. as for the 60point below I our calculation, maybe I might be wrong

Age= 30points
English= ??points
Skilled assessment (more than 8yrs)= 15points
Qualification= 15points

total is 60points for now we are still waiting for English result.

Educational qualification goes hand in hand with skill assessment.======if this is true, then we have done both.

Is the English exam PTE-A?, =======NO, it is IELTS

thanks for your response.

Alphadoor:

How did u arrive at 60 points

Educational qualification goes hand in hand with skill assessment. There is no separate body assessing both.
Primary applicants are required to have their skills assessed with the appropriate body.
a +ve Assessment is also required for submission of EOI.

Moreover, since its a GSM (General Skilled Migration) visa, There is no skipping assessment with AACA for an architect.

Is the English exam PTE-A?, i took mine on the 10th of may, and still no result.

I hope i made sense

The gurus should please pitch in?

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 11:31am On May 23, 2017
Bro Jamson, una well done oh...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:53am On May 23, 2017
@happy4lucy,

If he has done assessment with AACA and it is positive, nothing else to add.

He doesn't really need any additional points from English as the 60 points is enough to get invitation as an architect. However, he needs minimum of 6 in each band for English competence.

In other news, architecture in this country is just there. Hopefully your husband can bring a touch of class to the profession.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by happy4lucy: 12:00pm On May 23, 2017
thank you sir.

In other news, architecture in this country is just there.========please can you explain more on this, just curious.

bellong:
@happy4lucy,

He doesn't really need any additional points from English as the 60 points is enough to get invitation as an architect. However, he needs minimum of 6 in each band for English competence.

In other news, architecture in this country is just there. Hopefully your husband can bring a touch of class to the profession.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bensky: 12:05pm On May 23, 2017
Thank you for your response. But how do i go about that please sorry for my question. I really don't know what to do.
Alphadoor:

Next is Skills Assessment

Kindly refer to page 0 to 5 for more details.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:10pm On May 23, 2017
happy4lucy:
thank you sir.

In other news, architecture in this country is just there.========please can you explain more on this, just curious.

Compared to architecture in Europe, their building designs are not mouth watering.

Only few outstanding structures here and there. It is just basic. It is lucrative anyway as new buildings keep springing up daily.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 12:16pm On May 23, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by happy4lucy: 12:17pm On May 23, 2017
Thanks Sir once again.

bellong:

Compared to architecture in Europe, their building designs are not mouth watering.

Only few outstanding structures here and there. It is just basic. It is lucrative anyway as new buildings keep springing up daily.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by happy4lucy: 12:20pm On May 23, 2017
thanks dear!!! grin grin shocked shocked
[quote author=Alphadoor post=56796145][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 12:22pm On May 23, 2017
happy4lucy:
surprised!

yeah we have gotten a positive assessment from AACA body in march. as for the 60point below I our calculation, maybe I might be wrong

Age= 30points
English= ??points
Skilled assessment (more than 8yrs)= 15points
Qualification= 15points

total is 60points for now we are still waiting for English result.

Educational qualification goes hand in hand with skill assessment.======if this is true, then we have done both.

Is the English exam PTE-A?, =======NO, it is IELTS

thanks for your response.
bellong post=56795445:
@happy4lucy,

As the Boss already mentioned. Case Closed. Lobatan

Competent English is all u need from IELTS
then
Proceed to EOI submission and Play the waiting game.. Your grant is around the Corner
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by happy4lucy: 3:22pm On May 23, 2017
Thanks dear.

Alphadoor:

As the Boss already mentioned. Case Closed. Lobatan

Competent English is all u need from IELTS
then
Proceed to EOI submission and Play the waiting game.. Your grant is around the Corner
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiifixing(m): 3:22pm On May 23, 2017
jamson:
Ok folks,

Been itching to come around and drop my memoir. It's been quite a while isn't it? Will be 2 months old in Sydney, Australia in a few days time. I missed you guys no be small

Nice one Baba. Regards to Madam.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bensky: 4:19pm On May 23, 2017
Please how do i get my skills accessed.

Thank you
bellong:

CC: Sunvick.

#GMPC.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by happy4lucy: 5:22pm On May 23, 2017
can you believe that yesterday I try to do a Dummy EOI with 70points and was surprised I got invitation to apply for visa today... hehehehhe was surprised self. grin tongue tongue

is this always fast like this?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 5:38pm On May 23, 2017
happy4lucy:
can you believe that yesterday I try to do a Dummy EOI with 70points and was surprised I got invitation to apply for visa today... hehehehhe was surprised self. grin tongue tongue

That is unfair on other people.... The dummy invitation is now wasted, whereas, that wasted invitation is the difference between someone somewhere in the world getting this PR, and missing it for life.....

imagine a situation where there is someone on the queue who should have been invited as the last person in that round, whose 33rd birthday is in two days time and will therefore lose 5 points that he can't recover FOR LIFE.

Just imagine such.... And that person will never know that his dream was denied by a Dummy EOI.

cc McTowel01

15 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by happy4lucy: 5:44pm On May 23, 2017
I understand but I did it because i wanted to take screenshot of the questions and document needed for EOI and prepare well... if I know it was that unfair I wouldn't have done it so please don't make me feel bad about it. nobody is missing it for life.
Bnimz:
That is unfair on other people.... The dummy invitation now is wasted, whereas, that wasted invitation is the difference between someone somewhere in the world getting this PR, and missing it for life
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 6:29pm On May 23, 2017
happy4lucy:
I understand but I did it because i wanted to take screenshot of the questions and document needed for EOI and prepare well... if I know it was that unfair I wouldn't have done it so please don't make me feel bad about it. nobody is missing it for life.

You need to feel bad madam. And he is right in making you feel bad. It is just like unknowingly poisoning someone and asking people not to make you feel bad.

But to make you feel better, it is obvious you did it out of ignorance.

A better way for the benefit of others who want to try out a dummy EOI is to make sure you suspend the EOI after completing it so that it would not be considered for ITA. or alternatively you can click the withdraw button at the bottom of the EOI.

6 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 6:30pm On May 23, 2017
bellong:

You are better off buying return ticket without IOM. Buying each way will result to penny wise pounds foolish.

One way ticket is usually very expensive. If you get a deal with IOM for the go, adding the cost of the back ticket will be way more than buying the return direct.

When are you traveling? I can ask a travel agent friend if possible you can get a good return ticket deal.

Thanks Chief will really appreciate that, I plan to travel in December though. Dont mind booking early.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chidike(m): 6:33pm On May 23, 2017
jayooh:

OK then. Your opinion on the initial return ticket is welcomed.

@Chidike, pls do go with Bellong's advice as it look viable evonomically

Thanks Jay.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by happy4lucy: 6:33pm On May 23, 2017
thanks
Azy123:

You need to feel bad madam. And he is right in making you feel bad. It is just like unknowingly poisoning someone and asking people not to make you feel bad.

But to make you feel better, it is obvious you did it out of ignorance.

A better way for the benefit of others who want to try out a dummy EOI is to make sure you suspend the EOI after completing it so that it would not be considered for ITA. or alternatively you can click the withdraw button at the bottom of the EOI.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 7:59pm On May 23, 2017
diggy4real:

Thanks for the response bro, what about DIPB? Hope they will still recognise this tax identification card? I Have been waiting for tax certificate but is taking too long and my company is not into any pension scheme of any sort.

No pension scheme? Where is my whistle? grin

Except your organization has less than fifteen employees.

I used my Tax card +Pension statement + payslips actually for EA assessment. I suppose your payslips show tax deductions. If so, Tax card+payslip+bank statement among other requirements should do. Worst case scenario, CO will contact you if not satisfied.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 8:10pm On May 23, 2017
happy4lucy:

Not always that fast. Invitations are done twice monthly, 14 days apart. So if you applied a day after invitations are sent out and have high qualifying points, invitation won't happen until about 2 weeks from then.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 8:39pm On May 23, 2017
Hi, please.... can someone remind me or point me to the page where someone said something about getting a negative assessment due to a low salary or something like that? Was it with EA or VETASSES?

I see a Green light around the corner come July 1. #gettingprepared #northernterritory
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chebyshev(m): 9:10pm On May 23, 2017
SegunWamiri:
Hi, please.... can someone remind me or point me to the page where someone said something about getting a negative assessment due to a low salary or something like that? Was it with EA or VETASSES?

I see a Green light around the corner come July 1. #gettingprepared #northernterritory

It was with EA.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 9:13pm On May 23, 2017
Omooloriredade:

No pension scheme? Where is my whistle? grin

Except your organization has less than fifteen employees.

I used my Tax card +Pension statement + payslips actually for EA assessment. I suppose your payslips show tax deductions. If so, Tax card+payslip+bank statement among other requirements should do. Worst case scenario, CO will contact you if not satisfied.

Thanks a million, for pay slips, amount deducted on tax reflected on it, only one year missing, my first year in the company and can provide like 3 per year till date; however, I have a bank statement that reflects all the salaries I have received till date.Finally, I think I will go ahead with I have and hope for the best.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 1:50am On May 24, 2017
nice one bro... may God continue to bless your efforts.

once i enter i go track you immediately.

where is ifexsco by d way. been a while bro. how is it going on your end.

more success stories.
jamson:
Ok folks,

Happy to say I'm on my first professional job and I have every reason to be thankful to God and to friends that helped make my journey so far as smooth as possible: Bellong, Ibiyemiara, Iceberg54 and Bnimz.

Now that I'm settling down better than ever, I hope to be here on the forum make we dey gist like before.

Love you guys!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.