Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208756 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 5:09pm On Aug 03, 2017
jayooh:

Hello, what exactly does that date of effect mean and how does it relate to when one expects ITA? I have seen you guys talk about it once a while and I just want a better understanding.
Thanks

Example: ITA received July 25 with 70points for Accountant with Date of Effect (DOE) 18/11/2016 12:20pm

That means, in that round, the lowest ranked invitee in that occupation had 70 points and he submitted (or last updated) his EOI on 18/11/2016 12.20 pm. So, you can conclude three things (for that particular occupation):
Nobody below 70 points got invitation in the that round
All 70+ points got invitation
Among the EOIs with 70 points, those who submitted (or last updated) after 18/11/2016 12.20 pm did not get invitation.

hope that helps..

update:

All the EOIs will be sorted by points (highest to lowest) and within each point break they will be sorted by date of effect (oldest to newest). If they decide to invite 200 applicants in an invitation round, they will select the first 200 in the list. The cut-off publishes on the DIBP website is the points/date of effect of the last person who was invited.

During the time to the next invitation, new EOIs will be submitted and they will again be sorted by points/date of effect. So if you have 65 points, any new EOI with more points will go ahead of you in the queue. Any 65 point EOIs will go behind you (since you have an older EOI).

For 60 point applicants, they will remain in the queue until they reach the front of the line. The reality is that there have consistently been more new EOIs with at least 65 points to fill each invitation round, so those with 60 points are not moving forward in the line.

The occupation ceiling has been set for 2016-2017 and it will reset on July 1st. However they still refer to the same queue of EOI applications so the 60-point EOIs may continue to stand still while new EOIs overtake them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jelmusboy(m): 5:34pm On Aug 03, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:53pm On Aug 03, 2017
Alphadoor:

Example: ITA received July 25 with 70points for Accountant with Date of Effect (DOE) 18/11/2016 12:20pm

That means, in that round, the lowest ranked invitee in that occupation had 70 points and he submitted (or last updated) his EOI on 18/11/2016 12.20 pm. So, you can conclude three things (for that particular occupation):
Nobody below 70 points got invitation in the that round
All 70+ points got invitation
Among the EOIs with 70 points, those who submitted (or last updated) after 18/11/2016 12.20 pm did not get invitation.

hope that helps..

update:

All the EOIs will be sorted by points (highest to lowest) and within each point break they will be sorted by date of effect (oldest to newest). If they decide to invite 200 applicants in an invitation round, they will select the first 200 in the list. The cut-off publishes on the DIBP website is the points/date of effect of the last person who was invited.

During the time to the next invitation, new EOIs will be submitted and they will again be sorted by points/date of effect. So if you have 65 points, any new EOI with more points will go ahead of you in the queue. Any 65 point EOIs will go behind you (since you have an older EOI).

For 60 point applicants, they will remain in the queue until they reach the front of the line. The reality is that there have consistently been more new EOIs with at least 65 points to fill each invitation round, so those with 60 points are not moving forward in the line.

The occupation ceiling has been set for 2016-2017 and it will reset on July 1st. However they still refer to the same queue of EOI applications so the 60-point EOIs may continue to stand still while new EOIs overtake them.

Do they try sorting it out by occupation?

So let say for example, 200 applicants are to be invited in a round; and you have say a very competitive occupation like accountants having 140 applicants with 70+ points. Now would the invitation cater for all of them at the detriment of other less competitive ones with lower points say 60-65 or is there a basis for spreading the 200 slot across different professions?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:49am On Aug 04, 2017

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 8:08am On Aug 04, 2017
MofePR:
Mamajaz can you see this. 16,741 slots for RN and only 18 issued so far. This is your year and turn to share Timeline of breakthrough.

Amen brother. Thanks for the encouragement.

Has AHPRA answered you?
No.

E-Fam,

My wife is a nurse. At what point can I claim spousal point? Is it afree she has been licenced to practice in OZ or after AHPRA assessment. After assessment.
We need all the point we can get.
You guys should be fast oh.

Cc bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trip014(f): 8:23am On Aug 04, 2017
Good Day Everyone
I am an Acountant with B.sc Accounting(2006) and Masters in Business Administration(2010) Qualification and 10 years of accounting Experience, i have taken my English test and i am awaiting the result.
Pleas i need to know what i need to accredit my Accounting Skill,from my research there are three accounting bodies, which one is easier, and what are the steps to take.
please i need Step by Step Guidance.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bligs: 8:26am On Aug 04, 2017
jayooh:
Despite the fact that they didn't exhaust the ceiling for civil engineering professionals last year, they still increased the ceiling this year. Does this increase we see correlate to the fact that more civil professional are required in the Australian labor market?

Guess it's a good thing, more so it's not on prorata.

Kamal7 prepare for your ITA.
Construction and Agriculture are very big in Australia.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 8:43am On Aug 04, 2017
Good morning trip014,

I assessed with ICAA and the assessment was very fair. I know someone who assessed with CPA and didn't have any issues too. I don't know much about the 3rd body.

I know their requirements are very similar if not same, so go to their respective sites. For starters, you need a minimum of certain scores in IELTS (academics), PTE-A or TOEFL (I don't know which of the English tests you did).

You need your school degree certificate, transcript and syllabus. I will advise you use your Accounting degree only to get the maximum number of years which you already have.

I hope this helps a little.

trip014:
Good Day Everyone
I am an Acountant with B.sc Accounting(2006) and Masters in Business Administration(2010) Qualification and 10 years of accounting Experience, i have taken my English test and i am awaiting the result.
Pleas i need to know what i need to accredit my Accounting Skill,from my research there are three accounting bodies, which one is easier, and what are the steps to take.
please i need Step by Step Guidance.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jbelieve: 8:55am On Aug 04, 2017
bligs:

Construction and Agriculture are very big in Australia.

Hi, does it mean with 60 or 65 points one can get an ITA in the above occupations irrespective of other occupations requiring 70 and above points in subsequent rounds.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Junnaid: 9:10am On Aug 04, 2017
bellong:

There is no need repeating what you have written before. If you choose to answer a question that suits you, how do we piece your information together to give you an informed opinion.

What is your spouse's occupation and qualification?

Oga bellong, please what's your advise now since I have given the occupation of my spouse? Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:30am On Aug 04, 2017
Jbelieve:

Hi, does it mean with 60 or 65 points one can get an ITA in the above occupations irrespective of other occupations requiring 70 and above points in subsequent rounds.

My exact thoughts
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trip014(f): 9:47am On Aug 04, 2017
thank you Toslad,
i wrote ielts, how did you get you schools syllabus? doses it need to be stamped?

toslad:
Good morning trip014,

I assessed with ICAA and the assessment was very fair. I know someone who assessed with CPA and didn't have any issues too. I don't know much about the 3rd body.

I know their requirements are very similar if not same, so go to their respective sites. For starters, you need a minimum of certain scores in IELTS (academics), PTE-A or TOEFL (I don't know which of the English tests you did).

You need your school degree certificate, transcript and syllabus. I will advise you use your Accounting degree only to get the maximum number of years which you already have.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trip014(f): 9:49am On Aug 04, 2017
thank you Toslad,
i wrote ielts, how did you get you schools syllabus? doses it need to be stamped?

toslad:
Good morning trip014,

[quote author=toslad post=59135112]Good morning trip014,
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ZoeW: 9:54am On Aug 04, 2017
Jesus is Lord!!!

Baba God helep me oo!!! Warrisdis?

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bligs: 10:07am On Aug 04, 2017
Jbelieve:

Depending on the occupation you are nominating in civil engineering profession, civil engineering professional, civil engineering draftman, construction or concrete worker etc and as for Agriculture with 55points in some occupation states like Victoria and the Northern territory will be willing to sponsor you. (Each territory in Australia is responsible for more than 90% of its agricultural products, the government doesn't allow interstate transportation of farm products except in some very rare conditions as a result of this agriculture is massive and many ppl ain't aware of this)

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mrsojephone: 10:16am On Aug 04, 2017
frank043:

i will suggest you apply for your assessment with TRA. So as to avoid Engineering Technologist, look for an occupation closely related to your certificate and apply.

Hello bro,
Congrats again on your smooth sailing.

@bellong @sammywemmy
I have a few concerns:
I have an ND, HND and BSc all in civil/structural engineering, with cognate work experience. I can only claim points on work experience with my HND, cos I have 7+yrs post HND experience. The outcome from EA will definitely be an engr tech. I can't claim points on work experience with my BSc, cos I have 2+yrs post BSc experience. If I don't claim points on work experience, I'd have 50points, if I do, I'd end up with engr tech and 65points.

1. What are the implications of getting PR visa under EA's engr tech? I'm really very skeptical about it, reason being that I have a BSc, yet going in as Engr Tech., instead of structural engineer or professional engineer.
2. Can I upgrade my assessment using my BSc for Structural Engineer, after obtaining the visa?
3. What qualification did you tender? Was your EA assessment for qualification and relevant skilled experience or just qualification?

Kindly disregard any typo errors, please.

Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 11:13am On Aug 04, 2017
I hope you wrote the IELTS Academic, else you would have to write another or PTE-A or TOEFL (I don't know much about TOEFL).

You get your syllabus from your school and it has to be for your period of study - originals are ideal otherwise you use a notarised copy.

trip014:
thank you Toslad,

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dikachi12: 11:59am On Aug 04, 2017
Does it mean only 1,000 chemical engineers will be invited to apply for the whole 2017/2018(1yr).. Or is it monthly

Rett0:
Occupational ceiling is finally out.
Hmmm. Other professional engineers (1000) on prorata.

We'll have to reassess as Professional Telecom Engr. if we don't get 20points from English test.

Did anyone notice the overall number of invitations per round has been only 1000 and will be 1000 for the next 2 rounds?
This is disheartening. It's well
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bumpypat(m): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2017
Good day E family...please i am a civil engineer d maximum points i cn gt is 65 or 60..any hope for gt ITA wit dat wit dis latest development of 70 points::thanks all
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
bumpypat:
Good day E family...please i am a civil engineer d maximum points i cn gt is 65 or 60..any hope for gt ITA wit dat wit dis latest development of 70 points::thanks all
Base point for civil engineering remains at 60.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bumpypat(m): 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2017
Thanks bro....my heart been dey cut oooo
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

Base point for civil engineering remains at 60.
But when will people at this base point start seeing ITA, all invitees had 70-80point last round . And with current 1000 invites per round, seems like there is only about 200 slots for other occupations(non prorata) to hustle for, in which the higher points still get invited before others.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bumpypat(m): 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2017
@jayohh is almost impossible for a civil engineer with 60 or 65points to get invited?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2017
jayooh:

But when will people at this base point start seeing ITA, all invitees had 70-80point last round . And with current 1000 invites per round, seems like there is only about 200 slots for other occupations(non prorata) to hustle for, in which the higher points still get invited before others.
About when, I'd say soon.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:35pm On Aug 04, 2017
bumpypat:
@jayohh is almost impossible for a civil engineer with 60 or 65points to get invited?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bumpypat(m): 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2017
@cottyekundayo na end of road b dis b dat oooo...70points not possible for me
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2017
ZoeW:
Jesus is Lord!!!

Baba God helep me oo!!! Warrisdis?

They just cleared all their 75pointers niyen. Guess it will drop to 70 points and lesser invitees as time goes
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bumpypat(m): 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2017
I hope it drops oo...but i thought it ws only competitive courses dat is 70..dat 60 can gt one ITA if ur course is less competitive ie wit few applicants
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ZoeW: 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2017
jayooh:

They just cleared all their 75pointers niyen. Guess it will drop to 70 points and lesser invitees as time goes
My worry is: if 75 pointers for just 2 rounds have collected 620 slots out of 1574 slots, leaving 954 slots for 70 pointers from March!! Slots would be exhausted by 1st round in October. Aswear down this 2611 no be am at all; but as it is my profession, there is nothing I can really do about it.
Over to Baba God!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
bumpypat:
@cottyekundayo na end of road b dis b dat oooo...70points not possible for me
Don't worry, your eyes will open
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bumpypat(m): 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
@Cottyekundayo i dont knw how u mean by my eyes will open...if u hv any advise for me kindly share thnks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2017
bumpypat:
@Cottyekundayo i dont knw how u mean by my eyes will open...if u hv any advise for me kindly share thnks
mate, go for gold. 60 point is OK. Dasall

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.