Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204295 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
Michaelamo:

A very big 15 points, congrats bro and do like oga Bellong has suggested. Na all of us won show PTE this month grin

bro abeg show me the way.... I wanna book my PTE sharpaly.. where did you buy your voucher and how much did it cost?

Thanks for your good wish. We go all succeed, ameen
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ogbevireo(m): 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2017
yeyen004:

without declaring he was denied US visa which was an oversight.

since its already in their record he has no previous refusal

what you have said is that he lied on his visa application. if he had not answered the question, then it would've been an omission. but answering in the negative means he distorted the truth and therefore was aware of what he did.

I doubt that he will not have problems should he state the truth now.

And may I ask why he wants to tell the truth now?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by billy: 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
Thanks a lot Osazeej.

I sent a mail to "exams.nigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org" about the issue and it was corrected two days after my mail.

In for the exam scheduled for 30th Sept 2017....

osazeej:
Hi Billy,

Don't stress it. You may go ahead to make payment. I had similar experience and British Council recognize the potential for first timers to write only the first name as their given name consistent with the format of the application form. You will have at least two opportunities to correct it namely at the speaking test day and on the written test day. You will be given an admnendment form to fill before your test on day 1. The amendment would have been implemented by the time you show up for test day 2. In the event that the speaking and written tests are on successive days thus making it difficult to implement an amendment submitted at the first test day, you will be given an admnendment form at the end of the test day 2.

Just focus on preparing for the test. All the best!

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2017
frank043:

Thanks bellong for the timely response.

Actually, I have work experience in core structural engineering, I don't know if my work experience will be fine for civil engineering draftperson, reason being that job description for civil engineering draftperson is beneath that of structural engineering. Please, will it good well If I go ahead to use my structural engineering experience or should I modify the description to match that of a draftperson?

As regards EA assessment, what's the best way to send in my IELTS score?

Many thanks man!
Please download Engineers Australia MSA Applicants user guide. It details all you need to know as regards submitting your assessment .
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yungmin: 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2017
spyroxy1:

Glory be to God.

..and I got my assessment report today...

How many points is this please? Gurus in the house, Bellong

My age is 25point already

Bro congrats, but do you know why you have been assessed as engineering technologist?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:34pm On Aug 07, 2017
@Frank043,

In that case, assess with EA under structural engineer
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by NNBB2012: 1:21am On Aug 08, 2017
yungmin:

Bro congrats, but do you know why you have been assessed as engineering technologist?

Congrats Bro. I really salute your boldness to approach EA for assessment.

The reason why he was assessed as 'Engineering Technologist' was because of his qualification that is not an Engineering degree. Normally, you can only get a 'Professional Engineer' if you studied at least Australian Bachelor degree equivalent with a WELL written CDR of Professional Engineers standard. All Nigerian Engineering degrees are eligible due to the 5 years degree course in Nigeria but where the problem lies is in the area of CDR.

I have seen all manner of CDRs and many positive outcomes. It may interest you to know that Bachelor degree in Science e.g Geology and then a Master degree in Petroleum Engineering with a well written CDR would get "Professional Engineer" assessment outcome. I have seen that. Also, a BSc Industrial Chemistry, two MSc degrees (Environmental and Chemical Engineering) and a well written CDR. Likewise, I know of BSc Food Technology degree and MSc Food Technology degree with a Positive assessment as 'Engineering Technologist'. Surprising too, I have seen a Bachelor Degree in Agricultural Engineering and a MSc degree in Environmental Engineering plus a CDR in Environmental Engineering who got a positive assessment as 'Engineering Technologist'.

So, your Engineering degree or what have you plus a WELL written CDR would earn you a 'Professional Engineer status'.

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 6:51am On Aug 08, 2017
yungmin:

I chose that myself. Mechanical engineer is now hot - 75 points , Even Engineering technologist is 70 now.

See below

http://deltaimmigration.com.au/Engineering-Technologist/233914
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 7:43am On Aug 08, 2017
bellong:
@Frank043,

In that case, assess with EA under structural engineer

Thanks bellong.

You mean I should go ahead and do EA assessment for structural engineering with my HND?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 7:52am On Aug 08, 2017
NNBB2012:

Congrats Bro. I really salute your boldness to approach EA for assessment.

The reason why he was assessed as 'Engineering Technologist' was because of his qualification that is not an Engineering degree. Normally, you can only get a 'Professional Engineer' if you studied at least Australian Bachelor degree equivalent with a WELL written CDR of Professional Engineers standard. All Nigerian Engineering degrees are eligible due to the 5 years degree course in Nigeria but where the problem lies is in the area of CDR.

I have seen all manner of CDRs and many positive outcomes. It may interest you to know that Bachelor degree in Science e.g Geology and then a Master degree in Petroleum Engineering with a well written CDR would get "Professional Engineer" assessment outcome. I have seen that. Also, a BSc Industrial Chemistry, two MSc degrees (Environmental and Chemical Engineering) and a well written CDR. Likewise, I know of BSc Food Technology degree and MSc Food Technology degree with a Positive assessment as 'Engineering Technologist'. Surprising too, I have seen a Bachelor Degree in Agricultural Engineering and a MSc degree in Environmental Engineering plus a CDR in Environmental Engineering who got a positive assessment as 'Engineering Technologist'.

So, your Engineering degree or what have you plus a WELL written CDR would earn you a 'Professional Engineer status'.

Hello bro,

Nice piece of observation.

Please, I'd like to know what you can say in my own case, I need to get it right before going in for assessment.

I have an ND, HND and BSc all in civil/structural engineering, with core work experience. I have 7+yrs post HND experience, and 2+yrs post BSc experience. With a good CDR, what do you think I'd get...?

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 8:11am On Aug 08, 2017
spyroxy1:

bro abeg show me the way.... I wanna book my PTE sharpaly.. where did you buy your voucher and how much did it cost?

Thanks for your good wish. We go all succeed, ameen

Have you done the mock test?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 9:51am On Aug 08, 2017
Michaelamo:

Have you done the mock test?

On PTE practice? Not yet brother .. but I have taken several others online E2 language.

I plan to take one this weekend and the other by next week.

But I feel I'm ready.

Please gimme ur number or text me here 081four13one079six

I need to book quickly please
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2017
frank043:

Thanks bellong.

You mean I should go ahead and do EA assessment for structural engineering with my HND?

No, with your BSC.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2017
spyroxy1:

I chose that myself. Mechanical engineer is now hot - 75 points , Even Engineering technologist is 70 now.

See below

http://deltaimmigration.com.au/Engineering-Technologist/233914

Congrats on your outcome. On the contrary, engineering technologist is more competitive than mechanical engineering because of their limited number of slot. Getting a 70point now will only keep you on the queue for a while as an engineering technologist, whereas a 70 guarantees you an ITA as a mechanical engineer in the next available round( let me say today) even if you lodge your EOI this morning.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
diggy4real:

Congrats on your outcome. On the contrary, engineering technologist is more competitive than mechanical engineering because of their limited number of slot. Getting a 70point now will only keep you on the queue for a while as an engineering technologist, whereas a 70 guarantees you an ITA as a mechanical engineer in the next available round( let me say today) even if you lodge your EOI this morning.

Thanks, I am just understanding all those now. I saw that the ceiling for ET is 1000 and ME is 2000+

My best bet is to hit 20 in the PTE, if possible seek for state nomination too = 80points is possible.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
spyroxy1:

Thanks, I am just understanding all those now. I saw that the ceiling for ET is 1000 and ME is 2000+

My best bet is to hit 20 in the PTE, if possible seek for state nomination too = 80points is possible.

Yes! I wish you all the best.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifeoluwa33(f): 12:41pm On Aug 08, 2017
Afternoon. Just joining this group, I went through aitsl assessment for migration. Can I apply for the secondary school teacher having studied Educational Guidance and Counselling.
Thanks for anticipated response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dfavouredone: 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
Joshmedia1:

Number removed

I put the number for only a day to avoid others spamming the number.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:26pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ifeoluwa33:
Afternoon. Just joining this group, I went through aitsl assessment for migration. Can I apply for the secondary school teacher having studied Educational Guidance and Counselling.
Thanks for anticipated response.
A counsellor needs counsel from the house.
Can we have your profile here so that we can help you together....
Have you gone through the assessment or you want to go through it

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 2:30pm On Aug 08, 2017
[quote author=diggy4real post=59056483][/quote]

Why did you take the PTE 2 TIMES??

mODIFIED....OIC Just 1mark!! shocked shocked
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2017
spyroxy1:

Why did you take the PTE 2 TIMES??

mODIFIED....OIC Just 1mark!! shocked shocked

Aiming 20points, but will have to wait a little longer if it doesn't happen now.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by depair: 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2017
hello everyone great forum with good result all the way.
am just joining and need all the counsel I can get
I have a Bsc in Geology
worked as an ICT staff in my service year
after that worked in a Microfinance bank for like 2yrs as a loan officer went for my Masters in GIS after my masters I have been doing my own biz. Logistics(car hire) I have a biz name registered

please need your guidance on what occupation to choose
yet to assess as I don't know

@bellong mamajaz and every one

note married wiffy has degree in Guidance n counseling but also into biz
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
diggy4real:

Aiming 20points, but will have to wait a little longer if it doesn't happen now.

Please guide me on buying my PTE voucher and registration:

Thanks again diggy4real
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
Has anyone received ITA today?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
[quote author=Joshmedia1 post=59269178] I don't email people
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
Alphadoor:
Has anyone received ITA today?
Especially 65 pointers? We need to know if the minimum point invited is coming down.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by spyroxy1(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
jayooh:

Especially 65 pointers? We need to know if the minimum point invited is coming down.

Yes ooo. That 70 no be am at all!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by depair: 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
koleefem05:

It's good as you've put up your details here. More experience housemates can help you, as my knowledge on that is limited.
However, Geologist is on STSOL list and is assessed by VETASSESS. The requirement is a year post qualification experience. So weigh your options. Other gurus might also offer you some help and suggestions

Dont have any experience in geology
worked for 2yrs as loan officer before my masters
after masters been doing Car Hire biz
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
jayooh:

Yes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.