Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,178 members, 7,829,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1211792 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 6:53am On Jul 29, 2016
Good day e-family,

Just got my positive outcome from TRA after 8 weeks of confirmation of receipt of my application and I want experts on this forum to please interpret the last paragraph and hope that's what DIBP will follow.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 7:00am On Jul 29, 2016
Thank you bellong for your prompt response and help always,like you said I will wait for vetasseses response.

Why I want to add 489 to my list I read from Expat forum almost all the people that applied for 190 was given 489 in northern territory which means they hardly give 190, I know it comes with no benefit but my children will go to school for free.

I am looking at 489 like a semi student visa study for 2 years and after that apply for pr.

I also read that the only way one might get the 190 is if you have a family/ friend living in northern territory or you got a job.

Like a friend of mine said and I quote it is better to come with 489 than earning peanuts in naija.

quote author=bellong post=47979163]@Utcheylee

Work experience points to claim will be confirmed/known after your skills assessment. Only the assessing authority have definite answer to the question.
However, you can only claim points for the work experience that relates to the nominated occupation. You can't claim experience points for occupation not related to your nominated occupation.

You only need minimum of 55 points for state sponsorship, the state adds the remaining 5points except in special conditions where the state clearly defines the points needed for a particular occupation.

The choice is yours if you want to add 489 to your application. Yes you can choose both 190 and 489 on the EOI. But bear it in mind that 489 is not a permanent resident visa but only a pathway. The implication is that you are not entitled to any government support or Medicare. To me 489 is a waste of resources.
[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 7:53am On Jul 29, 2016
SUJYDEE,

Congratulations....

Yes, DIBP generally follow recommendation of the assessing authority.

Did you use your BSc/ HND or OND for the assessment?

@Utcheylee,

Alright.. all the best.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 9:38am On Jul 29, 2016
bellong:
SUJYDEE,

Congratulations....

Yes, DIBP generally follow recommendation of the assessing authority.

Did you use your BSc/ HND or OND for the assessment?

@Utcheylee,

Alright.. all the best.

Oga bellong thanks....
I actually used both ND and HND, Mechanical Engineering.

From the guidelines.... To have positive outcome :
OND is equivalent to AQF 3 plus 2 years work experiences in nominated occupation
OR HND is equivalent to AQF 4 without work experience.

I think that's why there was no deduction in my number of years of experience.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:08am On Jul 29, 2016
^^^^. Good bro.. congratulations again.

If you have your English test ready, quickly fill the EoI so you can get opportunity for ITA in the next round next week August 3rd.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jidowu(m): 10:38am On Jul 29, 2016
i also want to get to be contacted also , am currently serving in an estate firm j.ajayi patunola & co, would fancy my chances of moving to australia
STOWHY:

WOW REALLY NICE TO MEET YOU..PLS WOULD NEED TO SPEAK WT U PLS...... tryng to send you private message but not going..how do we exchange contacts pls

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
akinnawou:
have u made payment for the visa fee?
if u havent dont bother looking further, when u pay,u wld v where to upload ur documents.

Thanks so much. I havent paid yet. I'm having problems paying with my mastercard due to the dollars restrictions and all. Any suggestion?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
Get a dollar MasterCard from your bank and fund it through black market. There's no restriction on dollar MasterCard.

koolhunk:

Thanks so much. I havent paid yet. I'm having problems paying with my mastercard due to the dollars restrictions and all. Any suggestion?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by emmale(m): 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hello good people & gurus in the house, I very much appreciate & thank you all for all your assistance on this trend.pls kindly help/guide me on what/how to go about my info: age-32,
a graduate of banking & finance from Anambra state uni, presently working as a general account stock clerk with a shipping & logistics company for a period of 3 years now. With these at my disposal, |I wish to apply for class 189 but don't know which skill to apply with. pls kindly help with your suggestions/guidance.
Many thanks!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
I will suggest you start from the first thread, as you will get more information you need. Perhaps you can ask specific questions and receive more narrowed answer. My 2 cents

emmale:
Hello good people & gurus in the house, I very much appreciate & thank you all for all your assistance on this trend.pls kindly help/guide me on what/how to go about my info: age-32,
a graduate of banking & finance from Anambra state uni, presently working as a general account stock clerk with a shipping & logistics company for a period of 3 years now. With these at my disposal, |I wish to apply for class 189 but don't know which skill to apply with. pls kindly help with your suggestions/guidance.
Many thanks!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Freece: 6:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hello to this informative house. What score band on ielts will guarantee that a spouse can claim points from his/her partner?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
Good evening Guru's in the house....Please I need some clarification on "Certificate three with 2 or 3 years on the job training"...... Is this the Certificate one obtained /acquired during his/her apprenticeship or must one have Cert.111,then go for another 2years training,? ….....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by STOWHY: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2016
bellong:
You will begin to ask yourself, what do I do after knowing how the points are calculated. The first step is to know whether your skill/occupation is among the skills/occupation required or needed for migration. There are two (2) types of list which I will explain below.

1. Skilled Occupation List (SOL)... Find the link below

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL

2. Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL).... Find the link below.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/CSOL

Where your occupation is in any of the two lists will determine what subclass you can apply for. If you see your occupation in SOL list, you can apply for subclass 189, if it is on CSOL list, you can apply for either 190 or 489 which are states/regional areas sponsored visa. However, you can find your occupation in both list, it means you can apply for any of the three if you don't meet up to 60 points on your own, you will need either 5 or 10 points from State or Regional area as the case may be.

On the list, in front of each occupation is ANZSCO code and Assessing authority. The code is the occupation code for easy reference and the assessing authority is the body responsible for assessing your claimed skill/occupation and qualification.

Once you find your occupation on any of the list, go to the assessing authority website to know requirements needed for your assessment. Each assessing authority has different requirements, so it is not a one size fits all. All the assessing authority can be reached by clicking them on any of the list (it will direct you to their website).

Some assessing authorities require that you meet a minimum level in English language by writing IELTS/TOEFL/OET/PTE while some do not require English language score. Detailed information can be found on your assessing authority's website.

Because you need points from English language test, there is no rule as which is to do first, either write English or assess our skill. However, for those that their assessing authority requires English language test, you must write one first before submitting application for assessment. If your body doesn't need the test before assessment, you can write later or same time as assessment. Endeavour to score at least a proficient score as outlined above to get minimum of 10 points depending on your circumstances.

Once you get a positive response/assessment from your assessing authority, you are 80% done with the application. Next step is to fill in the Expression of Interest which can be found in the link here https://skillselect.gov.au/SKILLSELECT/ExpressionOfInterest/PreReg/Start

After filling the EOI, wait to be invited, once invited, apply for your visa... do medical test and police report, then wait for your visa approval which unlike before is no longer slow to be approved.

If you are diligent and follow the process through, it should take you maximum of 9 months from scratch to visa approval going by the current trend...

PLS AT WHAT POINT DO ONE PAY FOR THE VISA..AFTER MEDICALS N POLICE REPORT OR BFRE THAT. THANKS.....PLS I NEED CONTACT OF ONE WHO HAS DONE HIS ASSESMENT USING valuer or land economist as nominated occupation. thanks Bellong

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Elixir123: 10:04am On Jul 30, 2016
Good day house.Please the gurus in the house ,this question was unanswered earlier : Must a spouse have a particular Ielts score to claim the 5 points as spousal support or 5 points is claimed automatically so long as Ielts is written ?
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 10:27am On Jul 30, 2016
Elixir123:
Good day house.Please the gurus in the house ,this question was unanswered earlier : Must a spouse have a particular Ielts score to claim the 5 points as spousal support or 5 points is claimed automatically so long as Ielts is written ?
Thanks

Ielts score (at least competent)
Positive assessment
Occupation to be in d same occupation list with that of spouse

I stand to be corrected though
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Elixir123: 11:13am On Jul 30, 2016
Hello@ Sujydee I noticed that you assessed your qualifications with TRA and not EA,is it because you have an OND /HND and not a degree?
I'm asking because my hubby has an HND in Elect/Elect and we are thinking of assessing with EA.Please could you put us through on the appropriate body? Other gurus in the house ,please your thoughts as well.
God bless you all.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
Elixir123:
Hello@ Sujydee I noticed that you assessed your qualifications with TRA and not EA,is it because you have an OND /HND and not a degree?
I'm asking because my hubby has an HND in Elect/Elect and we are thinking of assessing with EA.Please could you put us through on the appropriate body? Other gurus in the house ,please your thoughts as well.
God bless you all.

OND / HND qualifications in Engineering are to be assessed by TRA. Depending on the occupation hubby is nominating, EA might assess his qualifications as Associate Degree but it's 50/50.

That was their response when I contacted them.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Elixir123: 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
[quote author=SUJYDEE post=48031025]

OND / HND qualifications in Engineering are to be assessed by TRA. Depending on the occupation hubby is nominating, EA might assess his qualifications as Associate Degree but it's 50/50.

That was their response when I contacted them.
Thanks sir,we were thinking of nominating Elect Engineering but we can bend to maybe Electrical Technologist or any skill Electrical or what do you suggest?
Also, what will TRA assess his credentials as?Degree thereby giving us 15 points? Will his HND also give him work experience points automatically as well?
Thanks @Oknee for the response
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oscarpellenchy: 9:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
SUJYDEE:

Oga bellong thanks....
OND is equivalent to AQF 3 plus 2 years work experiences in nominated occupation
[quote author=SUJYDEE post=47989869]
Hello Sujydee, please do you have an idea which level of Assessment TRA can put an applicant from Nigeria with the vocational qualifications like TRADE TEST CERTIFICATE / from Government Technical Colleges( maybe as an Artisan or something)?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
@Elixir123

HND can't be assessed as Engineering Technologist, even in Nigeria here they are not equivalent. The maximum you can get with HND is Associate Degree which is same 10 points as AQF 3 and 4.

Depending on the school he finished from, some schools HND is equivalent to AQF 3 while others are AQF 4. You can always claim points for work experience provided the experience is on the nominated occupation or closely related.

@oscarpellenchy

Are you talking about TRADE TEST CERTIFICATE from Government Technical Colleges or The London City and Guild Trade Test. whichever one, the course outline on your transcripts will determine the placing.

This is my opinion though.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by learn(f): 12:48am On Jul 31, 2016
K
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 4:41am On Jul 31, 2016
@Learn,

1. Psychology is a structured and regulated profession like medicine. You can't apply for migration assessment except you are first registered to practice in Australia by the psychology board of Australia which is different from the Australia Psychology Society responsible for migration assessment.
To answer this part of your question, provided you are registered with the board, you can go ahead with your assessment. The academic qualification assessment is done separately from work experience, the work experience assessment is paid for separately.

2. Refer to 1 above. No your Nigerian license is not enough. Only psychologists from New Zealand are exempted.

3. DIBP accepts a three year validity. Yes you can use it within three years.

4. No, there is no requirement to show proof of fund except for Northern territory for those who seek the State's nomination.

5. As in 4.

6. Point for age is calculated on your age on the day of invitation.

The process for psychologist like medicine is long but better than doctors except that you have to spend a lot before getting positive assessment provided you are not subjected to professional internship year.

You probably can nominate the psychotherapist occupation assessed by VETASSES. You can send me a PM.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 4:42am On Jul 31, 2016
Sir,
Good day to you. Which guidelines are u talking about because ve been studying TRA MSA APPLICANT GUIDELINES(MARCH 2015) for 2months now and I ve not come across this:

To have positive outcome :
OR HND is equivalent to AQF 4 without work experience. this:
SUJYDEE:

Oga bellong thanks....

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 4:51am On Jul 31, 2016
sir,
is there any hope of getting 15 points from these certificates
OND ELECTRICAL
HND ELECTRICAL
ADVANCED DIPLOMA (CITY&GUILD LONDON)
PGD RADIATION PROTECTION
MSC ENERGY MANAGEMENT
and can I ve your email address
SUJYDEE:
@Elixir123

HND can't be assessed as Engineering Technologist, even in Nigeria here they are not equivalent. The maximum you can get with HND is Associate Degree which is same 10 points as AQF 3 and 4.

Depending on the school he finished from, some schools HND is equivalent to AQF 3 while others are AQF 4. You can always claim points for work experience provided the experience is on the nominated occupation or closely related.

@oscarpellenchy

Are you talking about TRADE TEST CERTIFICATE from Government Technical Colleges or The London City and Guild Trade Test. whichever one, the course outline on your transcripts will determine the placing.

This is my opinion though.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 5:13am On Jul 31, 2016
KIKIADE:
sir,
is there any hope of getting 15 points from these certificates
OND ELECTRICAL
HND ELECTRICAL
ADVANCED DIPLOMA (CITY&GUILD LONDON)
PGD RADIATION PROTECTION
MSC ENERGY MANAGEMENT
and can I ve your email address

Depends on which of the qualification you assess.

Your MSc is 15points.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 6:45am On Jul 31, 2016
@KIKIADE

Read the guideline from page 19-21. Though this is giving a general AQF comparison but to narrow it down to group or individual nominated occupation you can use anzcosearch.com

You can as well read experiences of applicants from expatforum.com

If you are to use MSc, I guess your work experience start date will definitely be affected.

This is for FITTER (GENERAL)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by straynger: 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hi Bellong and other dons in the house, a quick clarification.

I have read here that EA accepts either of academic or general IELTS. I'm looking at taking the general, i perceive it might be easier. I dearly need 10 points in my prove of English to hit 65 points for my EOI.

Am wondering if the general IELTS is also acceptable for EOI submission or is it strictly academic? I don't want to take the exam twice o.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 7:49pm On Jul 31, 2016
straynger:
Hi Bellong and other dons in the house, a quick clarification.

I have read here that EA accepts either of academic or general IELTS. I'm looking at taking the general, i perceive it might be easier. I dearly need 10 points in my prove of English to hit 65 points for my EOI.

Am wondering if the general IELTS is also acceptable for EOI submission or is it strictly academic? I don't want to take the exam twice o.

Thanks in anticipation.

For all migration purposes, you're safer taking the IELTS General.

Both DIBP and EA accepts the general. I don't know if DIBP accepts IELTS Academic, but I know it's stated clearly that you should take the General module for migration applications.

I'll recommend IELTS General for migration purpose because it can be used for other countries such as Canada; where as TOEFL and PTE-Academic aren't accepted for Canada migration.

To be clear, for Australian Skilled Migration, you need any of these:
IELTS - General,
TOEFL iBT
PTE - Academic

While many support PTE because it's believed to be easier and faster, it's worth stating that EA doesn't accept PTE. So, you might still need to take IELTS.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hi Okosay,

Please how long did it take vetassess to finalize your assessment after using advisory? I read it takes 12 weeks but someone said since I went through advisory that it won't take up to that can you please clarify this.

Thank you.

Okosay:
u don't need to apply for marketing specialists. Ur outcome simply means u can apply for insurance broker with the the documents u have provided and u are likely to get positive assessment. however this advisory service is actually not the full assessment. U can only claim 10points from ur qualification this was y I suggested persons with vetassess as their assessing authority should always apply for advisory services before full assessment. Just imagine you have apply for full assessment in ur marketing specialist? Ur guess is as good as mine. My advice now try and calculate your points if you hit 60 points then run with issuance broker and pray u get state nomination.. my little cent.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 11:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
Sir,
you said if I use Msc, the work experience start date will definitely be affected. HOW?
I got my HND in the year 2000,went for National Service and started working in 2001 till date in the same company.i just got my Msc in 2014,are u now saying the work experience will be calculated after the Msc was awarded. they cant expect someone to have Msc before working.please kindly explain.
PLS your email address
SUJYDEE:
@KIKIADE

Read the guideline from page 19-21. Though this is giving a general AQF comparison but to narrow it down to group or individual nominated occupation you can use anzcosearch.com

You can as well read experiences of applicants from expatforum.com

If you are to use MSc, I guess your work experience start date will definitely be affected.

This is for FITTER (GENERAL)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 01, 2016
Greetings, please house I need everyone's contributions, most importantly experts in the house. I just checked my pte academic result and I have speaking 69, reading 68, writing 73 and listening 79. That gives me 10 point and now I have a total of 55 points. While I'm planning to re write the pte academics, I have submitted my Eoi. The issue now is that my occupation is 261111-ICT business analyst, the maximum I can get if I re write pte is 65 points and it seems 70 is the surest mark to get a 189 invitation. Now I have decided to be open to 189,190 and 489 whichever one comes first. Now my questions are;

1. Do I have to apply to every of the 4 states that are nominating my occupation? In my EOI I pick any state, is this enough guarantee that I'll be invited by one of the state?

2. Is it easier to get a 489 nomination in any of the states listed below than the other?

Nsw
QLD
TASMANIA
Victoria

3. Is there a website to monitor lists of state nominations?

4. Any advice on how to proceed on the 489 nomination will be greatly appreciated as 190 can only give me 60 points and it seems most states are going for candidates with higher point than 55.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.