Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208179 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
ozzy2:

Thank you. Which assessing body did u use?
Pls I sent u a pm.

Engineers Australia. I will see to the PM
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ausarchive(m): 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
Gurus in the house special good afternoon to you all, i must say you guys are the best have come to meet, More grace to you all, please i have being a silent follower to this group trying to read from the beginning which am still doing but please i need some clarification now as am abt to rergister on Austrilia Engineer portal for my assessment.
THIS IS MY PLIGHT

Am a chemical engineer in discipline currently doing my MSc in engineeing, but I work as a Maintenance Enginner in one of the multinationals as a contract staff, supporting the department on materials/equipments, planning/scheduling and others for 5years now.

I dont know which way to follow if i should use my work experience or my degree for my CDR application. wch will fetch me a better point?

Also, should i use the multinational company's name or my mather company that is written in my employment letter, though its clearly stated that am to render service to the multinational company on my JD. I will prefer to use the multinational name because its a well know company in the world and that may be a edge to me. Please your candid advise will help.

though i still have other issues but will run with this.

Thanks so ,uch for this humble house. am new though.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by firsttymum(f): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2016
For those asking about ilets center in. Portharcourt. Check https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/dates-fees-locations

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2016
[quote author=Ibiyemiara post=47832619]Good morning house,
Please what are the documents that I need to submit to prove employment?

I submitted employment letter, acceptance of resignation, reference letter, salary increase letter, 6 pay slips, bank statements showing beginning and end of employment, tax card, ID card and stanbic ibtc pension statements.

I don't have my tax statement. I will have to patronize LIRS to get that.

1. Hope the ones I submitted are fine or do I need to get the tax statements?

Hello Ibiyemiara et al,

Good day.

Please at what point did you submit all these documents?

Secondly, my passport is in my maiden name and I will be the principal applicant in this journey. Hope I can proceed.

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by firsttymum(f): 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2016
Jukeblam is d spouse supposed to take the English test too? Ilets is it general or academic for pet engineering
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2016
Uploading of documents is after visa payment. That will happen after you have received invitation to apply.

[quote author=toslad post=47875424][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
Having read through the pages of this thread from first to current page, i sincerely say a big thanks to Oga Bellong and my other ogas. You guys have done a great job.

My hubby has a B.Eng electrical electronics engineering degree and about 6yrs work experience but we decided to claim points for just 5years because he had about 6months of inactivity before his most recent 5yrs.

Will EA state anything about his work experience if we pay the Standard fee or they will just state that it is positive outcome.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
Ibiyemiara:
Uploading of documents is after visa payment. That will happen after you have received invitation to apply.

Hi. How did you source the dollars for payment?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by humanshado: 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2016
ausarchive:
Gurus in the house special good afternoon to you all, i must say you guys are the best have come to meet, More grace to you all, please i have being a silent follower to this group trying to read from the beginning which am still doing but please i need some clarification now as am abt to rergister on Austrilia Engineer portal for my assessment.
THIS IS MY PLIGHT

Am a chemical engineer in discipline currently doing my MSc on Process engineeing, but I work as a Maintenance Support Enginner in one of the multinationals as a contract staff, supporting the department on materials/equipments, planning/scheduling and others for 5years now.

I dont know which way to follow if i should use my work experience or my degree for my CDR application. wch will fetch me a better point?

Also, should i use the multinational company's name or my mather company that is written in my employment letter, though its clearly stated that am to render service to the multinational company on my JD. I will prefer to use the multinational name because its a well know company in the world and that may be a edge to me. Please your candid advise will help.

though i still have other issues but will run with this.

Thanks so ,uch for this humble house. am new though.

Assessing your degree with EA is mandatory while assessing relevant work experience is optional but highly recommended.

With regard to which company to claim to have worked for, I will advise you to be HONEST for your sake and for the sake of all other applicants from 9ja. Remember if you say you work for ExxonMobil, for example, while in the actual sense you work for ABC Servicing company that is a contractor to ExxonMobil you will have to provide VERIFIABLE documents from Human Resources Dept of ExxonMobil to prove that. Sometimes, Australian immigration do carry out employment verification and that will definitely expose you. The name or reputation of your employer does not matter as far as you can prove that you have the skills you claim.

Good luck!

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
firsttymum:
Jukeblam is d spouse supposed to take the English test too? Ilets is it general or academic for pet engineering

The spouse doesn't need to take IELTS if you won't claim any partner points and also if spouse can show proof of functional English.

For EA assessment as a Pet. Engr, it's IELTS (General); also EA has been accepting TOEFL iBT (this since Jan 2016).
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 10:27pm On Jul 25, 2016
Blackmarket. Then dollar MasterCard.

oknee:

Hi. How did you source the dollars for payment?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2016
Rett0:
Having read through the pages of this thread from first to current page, i sincerely say a big thanks to Oga Bellong and my other ogas. You guys have done a great job.

My hubby has a B.Eng electrical electronics engineering degree and about 6yrs work experience but we decided to claim points for just 5years because he had about 6months of inactivity before his most recent 5yrs.

He has been practicing as a telecom field engineer in his most recent 4yrs, as a network engineer for the 10 months preceding this and as a Network administrator for 6months in the earliest part of the total 5yrs 4months. My major worry is his earliest 6months was with a non ISP company. It was just a normal IT support role but his job title in his offer letter was Network Administrator.

1. Do you guys think EA will regard his Network Engineer role as relevant to Telecoms field engineer role?
If the job descriptions fit that of a Telecoms field engineer, yes. Look up the anzsco code and tasks to get a better idea. Sometimes job titles vary way way from actual everyday work; and sometimes, functions overlap too in some organisations.

2. Will EA state anything about his work experience if we pay the Standard fee or they will just state that it is positive outcome.

Not a whisper of your work experience will be mentioned; just positive outcome of your degree- which is the assessment you pay for with Standard fee

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ozzy2: 10:45pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hello all, I will appreciate if any lawyer in the house can kindly put me thru the process of assessment of Nigeria law qualifications.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by STOWHY: 1:38am On Jul 26, 2016
Goodmorning house. nice job you guys are doing here to assist one another with relevant info. pls i am yet to see comment from people about LAND ECONOMIST. has anyone in the house been assessed using this profession.....i studied Estate Management with over 5 years working experience.... what are my chances and how competitive is it. pls your urgent response will be appreciated as i prepare to assess my qualifications with Vetasses.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:52am On Jul 26, 2016
STOWHY,

Compare the job descriptions of land economist and valuer. I guess you will be better off assessed as a valuer.

Those occupations are not competitive, you shouldn't have any problem as long as you can provide convincing evidence and also relate your experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:02am On Jul 26, 2016
STOWHY,

Compare the job descriptions of land economist and valuer. I guess you will be better off assessed as a valuer.

Those occupations are not competitive, you shouldn't have any problem as long as you can provide convincing evidence and also relate your experience to the occupation.

Rett0,

Juke answered your questions
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 7:45am On Jul 26, 2016
[quote author=jukeblam post=47887500][/quote]

Thanks alot
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 7:46am On Jul 26, 2016
bellong:
STOWHY,

Those occupations are not competitive, you shouldn't have any problem as long as you can provide convincing evidence and also relate your experience to the occupation.

Rett0,

Juke answered your questions

Thanks alot.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ausarchive(m): 8:01am On Jul 26, 2016
kk
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ausarchive(m): 8:03am On Jul 26, 2016
humanshado:

Assessing your degree with EA is mandatory while assessing relevant work experience is optional but highly recommended.

With regard to which company to claim to have worked for, I will advise you to be HONEST for your sake and for the sake of all other applicants from 9ja. Remember if you say you work for ExxonMobil, for example, while in the actual sense you work for ABC Servicing company that is a contractor to ExxonMobil you will have to provide VERIFIABLE documents from Human Resources Dept of ExxonMobil to prove that. Sometimes, Australian immigration do carry out employment verification and that will definitely expose you. The name or reputation of your employer does not matter as far as you can prove that you have the skills you claim.

Good luck!

Thanks for the response, will it be honest to mention the company that have my employment letter while i say though i work for the multinational, because everything i do is for the multinational, my supervisor, my manager, my pay and my contract details is from the multinational, my boss in the multinational will be proud to tell them i wek for them but as a contract staff.

God bless you as you give more clarification.
ausarchive:
[/quote]
ausarchive post=47894271:
[quote author=ausarchive post=47894271]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 8:24am On Jul 26, 2016
Ielts for Engineers Australia I presume, I think it can be either of them because they did not request a specific one. But just to be safe take the general. I think the spouse needs english if u wanna claim spousal points, competency minimum. Is it u or ur husband thats the pet engineer? I nominated the same occupation.
firsttymum:
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 8:38am On Jul 26, 2016
ausarchive

ur not actually saying anything to anyone, ur just submitting ur employment letter and other supporting docs. is it stated in ur employment letter that u will be working for Exxon? truth is, it doesnt really matter, they're not looking out for big names. even self employed individuals get positive assessments.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by firsttymum(f): 5:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
chuckdee13:
Ielts for Engineers Australia I presume, I think it can be either of them because they did not request a specific one. But just to be safe take the general. I think the spouse needs english if u wanna claim spousal points, competency minimum. Is it u or ur husband thats the pet engineer? I nominated the same occupation.
my hubby... I'm a Dr and that route is long.. Don't wanna go there.
Don't know if there anyone whose spouse was preggers during the whole tingy how he or she went about it
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jidowu(m): 5:55pm On Jul 26, 2016
STOWHY:
Goodmorning house. nice job you guys are doing here to assist one another with relevant info. pls i am yet to see comment from people about LAND ECONOMIST. has anyone in the house been assessed using this profession.....i studied Estate Management with over 5 years working experience.... what are my chances and how competitive is it. pls your urgent response will be appreciated as i prepare to assess my qualifications with Vetasses.

Hello, please can I get your contact I studied estate management as well thou am currently serving , I want us to relate
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 7:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
By preggers you mean pregnant? You may want to checkout scroollmeout's post when he got his grant. I also was in that shoe. When it began obvious that my wife was gonna put to birth here in Nigeria, we put the application on hold and when the baby arrived, we added him to the application; that way it is free otherwise if you get the grant and you still deliver outside Australia, na long thing as you will have to pay for child visa. Also if you are pregnant, you won't be able to complete your medicals (xray). So you may allow the application to run along until you are invited then you put it on hold. To do this, you will write to your CO attaching an evidence eg pregnancy test report. [Quote author=firsttymum post=47909871] my hubby... I'm a Dr and that route is long.. Don't wanna go there.
Don't know if there anyone whose spouse was preggers during the whole tingy how he or she went about it [/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by firsttymum(f): 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2016
Ifexsco:
By preggers you mean pregnant? You may want to checkout scroollmeout's post when he got his grant. I also was in that shoe. When it began obvious that my wife was gonna put to birth here in Nigeria, we put the application on hold and when the baby arrived, we added him to the application; that way it is free otherwise if you get the grant and you still deliver outside Australia, na long thing as you will have to pay for child visa. Also if you are pregnant, you won't be able to complete your medicals (xray). So you may allow the application to run along until you are invited then you put it on hold. To do this, you will write to your CO attaching an evidence eg pregnancy test report. [Quote post=47909871] my hubby... I'm a Dr and that route is long.. Don't wanna go there.
Don't know if there anyone whose spouse was preggers during the whole tingy how he or she went about it
Ok... It makes sense. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
jukeblam:

The spouse doesn't need to take IELTS if you won't claim any partner points and also if spouse can show proof of functional English.

For EA assessment as a Pet. Engr, it's IELTS (General); also EA has been accepting TOEFL iBT (this since Jan 2016).

Copied from the MSA booklet:

"Applicants who provide an IELTS test result must have
a minimum score of 6.0 in each of the four modules
of speaking, listening, reading and writing. Engineers
Australia accepts both the General and Academic
versions of the test.

TOEFL iBT®
From the 1st January 2016, Engineers Australia
will be accepting the TOEFL iBT®
as an alternative
English language test to address the English language
competency element of the Skills Assessment. Applicants
will need a TOEFL iBT® result with the following minimal
scores for each module:
Listening: 12 Reading: 13 Writing: 21 Speaking: 18"

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 12:39am On Jul 27, 2016
Omooloriredade:

Copied from MSA booklet:

"Engineers
Australia accepts both the General and Academic
versions of the test.
"

Thanks for confirming that.

firsttymum:

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 27, 2016
hello house. I have HND in business administration and currently work as a field engineer in Telecom industry. please what are my chances? thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 7:19am On Jul 27, 2016
Good morning my people.
Is passport size photograph (45mm x 35mm) required for visa 189 application?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 8:46am On Jul 27, 2016
Ok then ur husband has to hasten up, cos as we all know pet eng has been taken off the SOL. He has to write his CDR ASAP. Ifexsco has answered ur question on the pregnancy for more info u can go thru scrollmeout's posts or contact him.
firsttymum:
my hubby... I'm a Dr and that route is long.. Don't wanna go there.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by firsttymum(f): 10:14am On Jul 27, 2016
chuckdee13:
Ok then ur husband has to hasten up, cos as we all know pet eng has been taken off the SOL. He has to write his CDR ASAP. Ifexsco has answered ur question on the pregnancy for more info u can go thru scrollmeout's posts or contact him.
Thanks alot.
He hasn't even writen his ilets. That's d first stage I presume?

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.