Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1211069 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2016
Mctowel01

Ur safe. All u need to do is write a convincing CDR. I'm just like u,I used internships n project only n got a positive assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by belcom10(m): 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2016
My ogas here abeg mak una help me answer this question; i had ond in electrical/electronic engineering, four year working experience as a maintainance officer. I have checked the SOL list i saw my discipline and is bein accessed by TRA; now my question is, how sure is my chances, and how do i go about with TRA. Pls urgent answer. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
I didn't pay the guy anything I requested for my last year for school stuff in Sweden,I paid 10k for transcript and 9k for ups to send it to Sweden don't no about how much ups will charge to Australia.

You can only give him a tip at the end that's all

quote author=chidike post=48254168]

Thanks! Please how much did you pay for the transcript and to the guy?[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 11:10pm On Aug 06, 2016
mctowel01:

Hello, are you saying that in my case of 2 6-months internship and project, if I can successfully write a cdr from it nominating Electrical engineer. I am safe. I also did a bsc in ElectElect Engr. I am thinking of starting the cdr now while preparing for PTE at the same time. Am i safe if i decide to go like this?

EA does not accept PTE. IELTS Academic or General and Toefl IBT

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 2:08am On Aug 07, 2016
HI,
I want to pay for my TRA assessment (1000AUD),which of the Nigeria banks can i use. factor in the daily limit.thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 6:26am On Aug 07, 2016
KIKIADE:
HI,
I want to pay for my TRA assessment (1000AUD),which of the Nigeria banks can i use. factor in the daily limit.thanks

GTB has a monthly limit of $1000 USD on the card
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 6:58am On Aug 07, 2016
chuckdee13:
Mctowel01

Ur safe. All u need to do is write a convincing CDR. I'm just like u,I used internships n project only n got a positive assessment.
Thank you very much, its always good to get info from someone with first hand experience. Now I have to fire ON!! I appreciate.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 6:58am On Aug 07, 2016
Omooloriredade:

EA does not accept PTE. IELTS Academic or General and Toefl IBT
I m aware. I ll be writing both. Pte still looks easier and faster for the 20 points, than ielts for me. Ielts is just to get the required min of 6.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 07, 2016
Happy Sunday to Guru's in the house. Please, I have a question eventhough I don't receive answers to previous ones ( Don't want to feel like an outcast). I still feel like asking because I have the feeling that some one will come to my aid dis time around.... My question....
Can one claim years of experience with on the job training....... Maybe I have 2-3 years on the job training, can I claim 5 points with the above experience?.... I'm a bit confused here.
When they talk about certificate with 2-3 years on the job training... Is this the certificate one acquired during the apprenticeship period (2 years) or most one have the qualification then go for another 2-3years internship?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
nkechima:
Happy Sunday to Guru's in the house. Please, I have a question eventhough I don't receive answers to previous ones ( Don't want to feel like an outcast). I still feel like asking because I have the feeling that some one will come to my aid dis time around.... My question....
Can one claim years of experience with on the job training....... Maybe I have 2-3 years on the job training, can I claim 5 points with the above experience?.... I'm a bit confused here.
When they talk about certificate with 2-3 years on the job training... Is this the certificate one acquired during the apprenticeship period (2 years) or most one have the qualification then go for another 2-3years internship?

Depending on the nominated occupation. The on the job training will only complement the qualifications. Say, if you have 5 years.... 2-3 years will be deducted and the remaining will serve as your work experience.

The certificate 3 is equivalent to our OND, if not for the standard of our technical colleges..... The certificate acquired would have suffice.

My opinion though....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2016
Thank you soooooo much......I can't just appreciate you enough dis moment......it feels good when you knw their is someone out there watching your back...... I also want to credit the efforts of every individual who kept the thread alive...Thanks to each and everyone of you. I asked the question on behalf of someone.....
He actually want to use Trade Test Certificate obtained years back, he said trade test don't have transcripts rather a little booklet that State the year exam was written e.g plumbing, level 2&3 2005 and level 1 2006( sited that as an example). To him level 3 is counted as a year, level 2 a year and level 1 a year, altogether 3years. According to him the Certificate is variable since its a federal Government thing so he planned to scan and send the little booklet that looks like international passport with Federal government seal. Now that OND is counted as Certificate 3 I dont know how to explain that to him. I pray something good come out of Trade Test Cert........ He's on my neck since I mentioned OZ migration scheem to him. I don't really know much about Trade test really hope Trade Test Cert. is counted as OZ Cert 3
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
nkechima:
Thank you soooooo much......I can't just appreciate you enough dis moment......it feels good when you knw their is someone out there watching your back...... I also want to credit the efforts of every individual who kept the thread alive...Thanks to each and everyone of you. I asked the question on behalf of someone.....
He actually want to use Trade Test Certificate obtained years back, he said trade test don't have transcripts rather a little booklet that State the year exam was written e.g plumbing, level 2&3 2005 and level 1 2006( sited that as an example). To him level 3 is counted as a year, level 2 a year and level 1 a year, altogether 3years. According to him the Certificate is variable since its a federal Government thing so he planned to scan and send the little booklet that looks like international passport with Federal government seal. Now that OND is counted as Certificate 3 I dont know how to explain that to him. I pray something good come out of Trade Test Cert........ He's on my neck since I mentioned OZ migration scheem to him. I don't really know much about Trade test really hope Trade Test Cert. is counted as OZ Cert 3

Ordinarily, on paper... Our Level 3 suppose to be equal to AQF 3 and ND to AQF 5 but by evaluation our ND is equal to their AQF 3.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Qualifications_Framework

You can read up what to do in a situation where you can't provide an academic transcript on TRA website FAQ.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nickoko: 10:48pm On Aug 07, 2016
@Sugydee, @Ballong and Others in the house.

I gain a direct entry admission into a B. Sc program with my Diploma result hence I don't have year 1 on my B. Sc transcript. I just check my occupation list and discovered that they required for 1year working experience which i can proof but can not claim point since it is not up to 3years. Pls. My Questions goes like this.

1. Do I need to send my diploma transcript along with my B. Sc Transcript for vetassess assessment?.

2. Since I am not getting points from my working experience,am optimistic of getting 10 points in English language test to make up for work experience lost point hence it will cumulate into 60point (Age =25,qualification=15,England test =10 and Subclass 489 =10). can I scare through with that?.
We the hope that vetassess assessment will come or positive.

3. if it will not go through should I apply for Australia Education to get 5points for Australia education next year or to stay back and get the required 3 years working next year which will also give me 5 points. Though I learnt that going to Australia via education increase your chances for permanent residency.
4. How do I check the ceiling point of my skill, between Laboratory manager, microbiologist and Quality Assurance Manager which of the do think my chance are higher considering my B. Sc in Science Laboratory Technology (Microbiology technique) as all skill occupation listed above are closely related with almost dsame requirements

Thanks. I await your candid advice on what is best for me.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 08, 2016
SUJYDEE:

Ordinarily, on paper... Our Level 3 suppose to be equal to AQF 3 and ND to AQF 5 but by evaluation our ND is equal to their AQF 3.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Qualifications_Framework

You can read up what to do in a situation where you can't provide an academic transcript on TRA website FAQ.
Thanks big bro's.... Will readup all necessary information as advised.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 08, 2016
nkechima:
Thanks big bro's.... Will readup all necessary information as advised.
According to TRA website in place of transcript, one can provide official certified documents stating name, qualification and date awarded, A letter from the appropriate source ( something like: To whom it may concern) stating over view of the content of the programe and subjects completing by the person.....
Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:22am On Aug 08, 2016
Nickoko:
@Sugydee, @Ballong and Others in the house.

I gain a direct entry admission into a B. Sc program with my Diploma result hence I don't have year 1 on my B. Sc transcript. I just check my occupation list and discovered that they required for 1year working experience which i can proof but can not claim point since it is not up to 3years. Pls. My Questions goes like this.

1. Do I need to send my diploma transcript along with my B. Sc Transcript for vetassess assessment?.

2. Since I am not getting points from my working experience,am optimistic of getting 10 points in English language test to make up for work experience lost point hence it will cumulate into 60point (Age =25,qualification=15,England test =10 and Subclass 489 =10). can I scare through with that?.
We the hope that vetassess assessment will come or positive.

3. if it will not go through should I apply for Australia Education to get 5points for Australia education next year or to stay back and get the required 3 years working next year which will also give me 5 points. Though I learnt that going to Australia via education increase your chances for permanent residency.
4. How do I check the ceiling point of my skill, between Laboratory manager, microbiologist and Quality Assurance Manager which of the do think my chance are higher considering my B. Sc in Science Laboratory Technology (Microbiology technique) as all skill occupation listed above are closely related with almost dsame requirements

Thanks. I await your candid advice on what is best for me.

YES to Q1-3.

For Q1, you're expected to send evidence of prior and further learning even if you don't want to assess it. Same applies to your work experience whether you're assessing it or not, you should just list it.

For Q2, why are you bent on going for 489? It's really not easy to come by. It should be considered as a last resort. In my opinion you don't even have that 10points yet from 489. You still have open options of getting your minimum score for 189 and 190. Why not just go for 20 in English?

For Q3, I don't usually encourage that pathway (Education). You'll spend over AUD 40,000 (including tuition fees, logistics, accommodation and upkeep), yet you'll still have to wait for about 2yrs to be eligible for 5 points coz you only have that once you have evidence (certificate or transcript) of acquiring Australian degree. In my opinion, English is the easiest route. For someone willing to spend that amount and time in Australian education, you can register for English preparation classes, and write as many IELTS or PTE as you want until u get the maximum point from it. I doubt you would spend up to AUD 5,000 or even 3 months to achieve that. This is because even th school u want to go, you'll still need to be hardworking, disciplined and study very well for 1.5yrs; and you still need to pass an English test to gain admission. So, why not concentrate your efforts in achieving the best English score within 3 months and save yourself the time and money of Australian Education.

For Q4, refer to DIBP website or search directly from Google.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 8:47am On Aug 08, 2016
Nickoko

Y ur not getting the help u really need is cos ur posts on this thread started with deceit. u saying u just got a positive assessment from EA when u didnt even study an engineering course as we can see now. Bellong is the best to give u vetassess advice but I guess he's still pissed at u. Meanwhile, from my experience with EA cos I also used direct entry,send ur diploma results as well to avoid delay in assessment time. Uv been told time without number to avoid 489 as much as u can but u seem to love the idea of 489. I'm very sure uve not read what the various visa subclasses (189,190 & 489) have to offer. I advise u to do that on dibp website (www.border.gov.au).

Check the occupation ceilings on the skillselect page on dibp website. In addition, to see the tasks of the various occupations to see if ur in line, go to www.anzscosearch.com

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by heywhyo: 9:52am On Aug 08, 2016
Please house, for VETASSESS education assessment, can I forward just MSc certificate alone or I have to include BSc?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nickoko: 10:10am On Aug 08, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

YES to Q1-3.
For Q1, you're expected to send evidence of prior and further learning even if you don't want to assess it. Same applies to your work experience whether you're assessing it or not, you should just list it.
For Q2, why are you bent on going for 489? It's really not easy to come by. It should be considered as a last resort. In my opinion you don't even have that 10points yet from 489. You still have open options of getting your minimum score for 189 and 190. Why not just go for 20 in English?
For Q3, I don't usually encourage that pathway (Education). You'll spend over AUD 40,000 (including tuition fees, logistics, accommodation and upkeep), yet you'll still have to wait for about 2yrs to be eligible for 5 points coz you only have that once you have evidence (certificate or transcript) of acquiring Australian degree. In my opinion, English is the easiest route. For someone willing to spend that amount and time in Australian education, you can register for English preparation classes, and write as many IELTS or PTE as you want until u get the maximum point from it. I doubt you would spend up to AUD 5,000 or even 3 months to achieve that. This is because even th school u want to go, you'll still need to be hardworking, disciplined and study very well for 1.5yrs; and you still need to pass an English test to gain admission. So, why not concentrate your efforts in achieving the best English score within 3 months and save yourself the time and money of Australian Education.
For Q4, refer to DIBP website or search directly from Google.
[quote author=catchdwind4rmkd post=48294863]

@Chuckdee and @Catchwind4rmkd.

I do really appreciate your various comments and best advice for me. Am really not so bend on Subclass 489 but am force toward that direction since i can't get points from my working experience and gettinf 20points in English test is not easy , i.e at least 8 in all four component especially as ielts is becoming more and more difficult to pass though a very optimistic but i know my ability.

I was just thinking of 489 since 190 and 189 is looking unrealistic .

Once again thanks guys, Am going to look for how to register for PTE since people are saying it is much more easier to pass.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sftt: 11:27am On Aug 08, 2016
Hello All,@bellong

Am back oh, to start on a fresh Page.

My hubby was given a -ve assessment by vetassess last year equate his qualification to AQF Advance diplomat now we have found another General Occupation could absolve him in by same accessing body. Now the question is: where do we start from? because Vetassess is still the body to do the accessing. Are we going to be under same case officer, are we submitting all our documents all over again, and is it possible for us to change our SOL different from what we were accessed before? Would appreciate if anyone could help us with answers as we want to get it right this time around....Oga Bellong i hail o..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
mctowel01:

Isn't it N38k on their site?
I called one lady in that office this morning that said I should go and pay 45k to a particular account but all efforts to open their site to seethe cost were futile.
So I don't even know what to do now
Am in a remote place and internet facility is nothing to be proud of.
Will investigate further
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
chidike:
Please I'm asking again, will using vetassess advisory service reduce the time for them to get back to me when I start the proper assessment?
Please help me with the materials for PTE, thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hey Peeps have some good news to share, so i just graduated and moved to Sydney from brisbane about a month ago. Today was my first day of work as an Environmental engineer with a reputable company. My advice to folks with engineering degrees, i believe the grass is greener here. you should just know how to apply wisdom in your search for opportunity.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2016
chidike:

I paid 38k for my PTE. All others I saw was around 50k. But if you register with UKEAS and you intend to write with them it's 38k. They'll give you a voucher code.
How did you register with them? Have sent you a pm
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 2:09pm On Aug 08, 2016
mamajaz:

I called one lady in that office this morning that said I should go and pay 45k to a particular account but all efforts to open their site to seethe cost were futile.
So I don't even know what to do now
Am in a remote place and internet facility is nothing to be proud of.
Will investigate further
Okay, but was it the ikeja center you called?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2016
ditto
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2016
malkinburg:
Hey Peeps have some good news to share, so i just graduated and moved to Sydney from brisbane about a month ago. Today was my first day of work as an Environmental engineer with a reputable company. My advice to folks with engineering degrees, i believe the grass is greener here. you should just know how to apply wisdom in your search for opportunity.
Congrats bro, did you apply for the job as a PR?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
mctowel01:

Okay, but was it the ikeja center you called?
Yes, but I don't understand what you or was it Chidi meant by registering with them. The lady's name is Rachel
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2016
[quote author=Nickoko post=48297792][/quote]
I advice you look for a pte material, study it and you ll see its very comfortable to learn. The comprehensions are not so abstract and involve studies from our environment. the writing is far better than ielts, the no-options questions are basic, like (what vehicle is calles when there is an emergency?) Also, go online and feed yourself with more success stories than negative stories,.. Then practice practice practice. You ll be fine.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2016
chidike:
Hi guys I don't have any material and I didn't use any, go to this site practicepte. net, you will get a opportunity to solve 2 three hour PTE styled practice tests. They're exactly in the same format as the exam and you get an opportunity to see ideal answers for the 2 tests. You'll be required to pay for more tests if you wish to practice more and also to get expert evaluation of the test taken.

The test covers reading , speaking, writing and listening and is almost like the real test.

The key to passing the exam is practicing an ideal test so you can get used to the style but other than that it's basic stuff. Also when speaking, you need to be relaxed and be as natural as possible.
OK, thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by heywhyo: 3:59pm On Aug 08, 2016
Please house, to get my MSc degree accessed by VETASSESS do I have to include my BSc transcript/certificate?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tnot(m): 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2016
I really commend the immense contribution the all the guru to the success of this thread.

As my first post on this thread after reading up to date, i have 2 option that i want you to help me look into the points and feasibility.

1st option is:

ND: Civil Engineering (2009)
HND: Civil Engineering (2014)
NYSC: 1 Year (2015)

2nd option is:

ND: Civil Engineering (2009)
Experience: 3 Year

Since ND is equivalent to AQF + 2 year working experience, does that makes it 5 year experience(3+2)?

The 3 year working experience above, i will try if i can get employment letter from the construction company i did my SIWES and 1 year I.T which my dad is a senior staff of.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.