Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208436 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 4:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
Thats good news,NSW is the state I'm seeking nomination from. Congrats man.
malkinburg:
Hey Peeps have some good news to share, so i just graduated and moved to Sydney from brisbane about a month ago. Today was my first day of work as an Environmental engineer with a reputable company. My advice to folks with engineering degrees, i believe the grass is greener here. you should just know how to apply wisdom in your search for opportunity.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2016
Tnot:
I really commend the immense contribution the all the guru to the success of this thread.

As my first post on this thread after reading up to date, i have 2 option that i want you to help me look into the points and feasibility.

1st option is:

ND: Civil Engineering (2009)
HND: Civil Engineering (2014)
NYSC: 1 Year (2015)

2nd option is:

ND: Civil Engineering (2009)
Experience: 3 Year

Since ND is equivalent to AQF + 2 year working experience, does that makes it 5 year experience(3+2)?

The 3 year working experience above, i will try if i can get employment letter from the construction company i did my SIWES and 1 year I.T which my dad is a senior staff of.

I'll advice you to look at the SOL & CSOL first and try to nominate possible occupations because most Civil Engineering occupations are Associate Diploma/Advanced Diploma which is equivalent to our HND (on paper) or BSc / BTech depending on the school you graduated from.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
Went for Medicals at Fatayi williams today.167k in total for 2adults and 2 children.
5700 each for x-rays at St Nicholas(only adults).4k for oral polio for the entire family.

7k per adult for police clearance.
All docs uploaded.

6 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hi tyosho. Ur info is timely. Kindly give me ur contact for the police clearance. Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow. Can I get it same day? Thanks.
tyosho:
Went for Medicals at Fatayi williams today.167k in total for 2adults and 2 children.
5700 each for x-rays at St Nicholas(only adults).4k for oral polio for the entire family.

All docs uploaded.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
Dude, congrats. I remember when u posted on the forum of ur plans to hit Sydney and be street wise. It certainly has paid off. Please share the wisdom with us, let's learn from you.
malkinburg:
Hey Peeps have some good news to share, so i just graduated and moved to Sydney from brisbane about a month ago. Today was my first day of work as an Environmental engineer with a reputable company. My advice to folks with engineering degrees, i believe the grass is greener here. you should just know how to apply wisdom in your search for opportunity.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
tyosho:

All docs uploaded.

The police beat you to it. Your negotiating skill was belopar. Shouldn't have paid 7k... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 10:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
Hahahaha..... Police chop you o! I got ours 7k in August 2015 for myself n my wife. It is actually no big deal, it is just a letter they are typing, they've got no database to check anything! Why do oral polio for the children? Except you no longer have their immunization cards.
tyosho npost=48311340:

All docs uploaded.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2016
malkinburg:

CONGRATS bro. This is great news
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 12:47am On Aug 09, 2016
Congrats my man. I just read through all your post and it has really been a journey for you! Just musing, no mention of when you eventually got your 189 Anyway, you story has really encouraged me.
malkinburg:
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by youngpboy: 1:24am On Aug 09, 2016
I kindly solicit the help of the gurus in the house for your contribution.
English Pearson overall: 82 ------20 point
Qualification: 15 points

I am about to write my CDR with one year work experience in Mechanical Engineering but i want to know if i can use my IT during my degree program and my degree school project as my career episode 1 & 2 then the last one from my one year work experience after studies.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 09, 2016
youngpboy:

I am about to write my CDR with one year work experience in Mechanical Engineering but i want to know if i can use my IT during my degree program and my degree school project as my career episode 1 & 2 then the last one from my one year work experience after studies.

Regarding your Pearson PTE: Did you score 79 and above in all Sections? That is the requirements to get 20points

Regarding CDR: If you did any real Mechanical Engineering Project during your Internship, you can write about it.
Also You can use your Final Year Project as well. If you did a Design and Construction Project, You can Split the project into two Career Episodes; One Episode would focus on the Design while another would focus on the Construction.

Also, if you decide to write a Career Episode using your 1year work experience, Be ready to provide a genuine employment letter that states your Position and responsibilities in the company and ensure it fits the Typical responsibilities of a Professional Mechanical Engineer.

Finally, I hope you have either TOEFL or IELTS (General or Academic), they are the only accepted English Tests by Engineers Australia.

NOTE: Ensure You have your 'Original Bachelors Certificate' and Transcripts

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tnot(m): 4:06am On Aug 09, 2016
SUJYDEE:

I'll advice you to look at the SOL & CSOL first and try to nominate possible occupations because most Civil Engineering occupations are Associate Diploma/Advanced Diploma which is equivalent to our HND (on paper) or BSc / BTech depending on the school you graduated from.

Civil Engineering Technician is under SOL and CSOL with (ANZSCO Code 312212)
Civil Engineering Technician is assessed by VETASSESS and it is a General Occupation.

Does that mean not all ND/HND are assessed under TRA.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 5:53am On Aug 09, 2016
Ifexsco:
Congrats my man. I just read through all your post and it has really been a journey for you! Just musing, no mention of when you eventually got your 189 Anyway, you story has really encouraged me.
havnt obtained the PR yet ooh. The peeps are asking for police check for all the place wey my madam has globe trotted. Very soon by the grace of God. I got the offer untop bridging visa. When my 189 drops I will definitely inform the forum

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 7:20am On Aug 09, 2016
youngpboy:

You are good to go.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nanaman(m): 8:03am On Aug 09, 2016
bellong and any other person in Aussie should kindly help. A good friend of mine needs 3000AUD and above to settle her schl fees balance for the new session. The person would be paid in cash over here in Lagos.

Its really urgent. Pls
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 9:29am On Aug 09, 2016
Ifexsco:
Hahahaha..... Police chop you o! I got ours 7k in August 2015 for myself n my wife. It is actually no big deal, it is just a letter they are typing, they've got no database to check anything! Why do oral polio for the children? Except you no longer have their immunization cards.

grin grin
Abi.make them chop the one they fit chop now before I port.
Meanwhile the pcc has 3months on it.Is that proper.I assumed it would be valid for a year

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 9:32am On Aug 09, 2016
malkinburg:
havnt obtained the PR yet ooh. The peeps are asking for police check for all the place wey my madam has globe trotted. Very soon by the grace of God. I got the offer untop bridging visa. When my 189 drops I will definitely inform the forum

Did she spend up to a year in any of those countries?Cos I have travelled a bit myself.
longest I have spent though is 4months.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jetspeed: 10:06am On Aug 09, 2016
heywhyo:
Please house, to get my MSc degree accessed by VETASSESS do I have to include my BSc transcript/certificate?

Please do.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 11:42am On Aug 09, 2016
tyosho:

grin grin
Abi.make them chop the one they fit chop now before I port.
Meanwhile the pcc has 3months on it.Is that proper.I assumed it would be valid for a year

Sure, it's valid for a year. I, as well, spent 5k per head and still felt them don chop me, after the sharp-sharp process was completed under 20mins...cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
jukeblam:

Sure, it's valid for a year. I, as well, spent 5k per head and still felt them don chop me, after the sharp-sharp process was completed under 20mins...cheesy

Nigeria Police Character Certificate is valid for 3months

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sftt: 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hello All,@bellong

Am back oh, to start on a fresh Page.

My hubby was given a -ve assessment by vetassess last year equate his qualification to AQF Advance diplomat now we have found another General Occupation could absolve him in by same accessing body. Now the question is: where do we start from? because Vetassess is still the body to do the accessing. Are we going to be under same case officer, are we submitting all our documents all over again, and is it possible for us to change our SOL different from what we were accessed before? Would appreciate if anyone could help us with answers as we want to get it right this time around....Oga Bellong i hail o..

sftt:
Hello All,@bellong

Am back oh, to start on a fresh Page.

My hubby was given a -ve assessment by vetassess last year equate his qualification to AQF Advance diplomat now we have found another General Occupation could absolve him in by same accessing body. Now the question is: where do we start from? because Vetassess is still the body to do the accessing. Are we going to be under same case officer, are we submitting all our documents all over again, and is it possible for us to change our SOL different from what we were accessed before? Would appreciate if anyone could help us with answers as we want to get it right this time around....Oga Bellong i hail o..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 12:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ibiyemiara:

Nigeria Police Character Certificate is valid for 3months

Yes.But for immigration to Australia,it's valid for a year .Just like IELTS results say it's valid for 2 years but Australia accepts it for 3years.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by config: 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2016
@tyosho!! how do i get to Fatayi Williams clinic from CMS Bustop....

tyosho:

All docs uploaded.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
mctowel01:
ditto

OK. another search today: I saw their on line payment amount to be #38k plus.
I will opt for that. Just that my ID is not with me and I can't remember the order in which my names appear on it
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
Sirs,
Which of the bank's rate is the cheapest and when the daily limit is put into consideration which one is the best for the payment of 1000AUD for the TRA assessment.THANKS
Ibiyemiara:

GTB has a monthly limit of $1000 USD on the card
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
mamajaz:

OK. another search today: I saw their on line payment amount to be #38k plus.
I will opt for that. Just that my ID is not with me and I can't remember the order in which my names appear on it

Forget it..... You can't pay online locally. Go and get the voucher code .This has been said time without number on this forum.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
SUJYDEE:

Forget it..... You can't pay online locally. Go and get the voucher code, UKEAS has the best price in Nigeria for now. This has been said time without number on this forum.
Yes sire! (in a loud voice).buh the first time I called them yesterday the lady that attended to me said I can pay on line but it was when the site kept telling me you are in the "United Kingdom " that I let go of them, then I called another lady from that office and she sent me her own savings account number, so my husband was not too comfortable with that. He thought there should be a separate account belonging to the Ikeja centre other than the account of their employee
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
config:
@tyosho!! how do i get to Fatayi Williams clinic from CMS Bustop....

We went to their office on Adetokunboh ademola VI.its close to the 1004 end of the street.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by config: 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
Many Thanks!!!!!

tyosho:

We went to their office on Adetokunboh ademola VI.its close to the 1004 end of the street.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cecegal: 2:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
Could someone kindly advice on this?as I have been wondering as well-My daughter is 23months soon and has taken all her vaccines I have her card to that effect wouldn't want her to be given another addition.

Ifexsco:

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.