Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,078 members, 7,814,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206375 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yungmin: 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2017
zanyzara:

You are to pay the fees excluding GST(Good and Services Tax) since you will be paying from Naija.

The assessment to go for depends on you. Do you want EA to assess your experience or not, or are you assessing PhD?

If you are assessing your first degree without assessing your experience, you will pay for standard competency demonstration report.

Others should be self explanatory now.

Even if EA assesses your experience, DIBP will still verify, so you could save yourself some bucks without assessing your experience with EA. It is also advisable you pay for the fast-track service.

Zany.

Hello bro, I really love this your response. It is enlightening. is it really advisable to assess only one's degree without the experience? No consequences at all? And why are two separate figures quoted for each assessment? What are they for?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by inno4u: 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
[quote author=zanyzara post=60682617]

You are to pay the fees excluding GST(Good and Services Tax) since you will be paying from Naija.

The assessment to go for depends on you. Do you want EA to assess your experience or not, or are you assessing PhD?

If you are assessing your first degree without assessing your experience, you will pay for standard competency demonstration report.

Others should be self explanatory now.

Even if EA assesses your experience, DIBP will still verify, so you could save yourself some bucks without assessing your experience with EA. It is also advisable you pay for the fast-track service.

@Zany
if one doesn't get his work experience assessed, that definitely means he/she cannot claim points for that, my question is,
1.When writing ur CDR will u exclude ur work experience from it.
2.is it possible to get ITA for PR without ur Work Experience being assessed.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiwu: 4:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
@ bellong

Please i need ur advice on this. My husband is nominating youth worker as he has 7 yrs experience with NYSC. We plan to assess with ACWA via RPL. Do you think it will fly?

Also, on ACWA site. The statement below about RPL States.

Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
In instances where an applicant has used recognition of prior learning (RPL) to gain credit towards completing their qualification, ACWA will accept up to a maximum of 40% RPL.

Please do you understand the condition above.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Priceless25: 4:55pm On Sep 21, 2017
@Bellong, jelmusboy, lalaazo, mamajaz... must one have familial ties to NT to northern territory before being nominated by the state? I'm nominating welfare worker but Northern territory's requirements and Tasmania's "formal job offer" jst gives me concern. Any ideas on how I can get through this will be greatly appreciated.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jelmusboy(m): 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2017
I will suggest you honourably go for NT. The ties NT requested for is for eligibility for 190. However, if you don't have ties in NT, you will be given 489. Meaning, you can be nominated without family ties, only for 489.

I said NT because of the low unemployment rate compared to any other State or Territory especially SA and TAS.

Priceless25:
@Bellong, jelmusboy, lalaazo, mamajaz... must one have familial ties to NT to northern territory before being nominated by the state? I'm nominating welfare worker but Northern territory's requirements and Tasmania's "formal job offer" jst gives me concern. Any ideas on how I can get through this will be greatly appreciated.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2017
yungmin:

Hello bro, I really love this your response. It is enlightening. is it really advisable to assess only one's degree without the experience? No consequences at all? And why are two separate figures quoted for each assessment? What are they for?

Having your relevant skilled employment assessed is to let EA expressly state the number of verified year(s) according to them on your report, which does not mean DIBP won't still verify.

I didn't verify my experience with EA but I am claiming experience point, so it's your call on the choices.

One payment includes tax (GST) while the other does not. If you are paying in Naija, you will pay the one excluding GST.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2017
@inno4u
If one doesn't get his work experience assessed, that definitely means he/she cannot claim points for that. You can actually claim point without having your experience assessed by EA. DIBP will still verify.

my question is,
1.When writing ur CDR will u exclude ur work experience from it. You will actually write it with your experience. Having your relevant skilled employment assessed is to let EA expressly state the number of verified year(s) according to them on your report, which does not mean DIBP won't still verify.
2.is it possible to get ITA for PR without ur Work Experience being assessed. Yes, DIBP will still verify

Having said that, just do what will make you feel comfortable.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
Alphadoor:

contact Yeeshas

Bros Yeeshas and Alphadoor thanks a lot. I have four years degree and can't fly for skill level 1 occupation. Please has any one gotten positive assessment with Community worker? Please I need help to verify s. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
Yeeshas:
@kingbukaz

UNIT GROUP 1342: HEALTH AND WELFARE SERVICES MANAGERS

Description: Plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the professional and administrative aspects of health and welfare programs and services. Nurse Managers are excluded from this unit group. Nurse Managers are included in Unit Group 2543 Nurse Managers.

Skill Level: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least five years of relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).

Tasks
Providing overall direction and management for the service, facility, organisation or centre
Developing, implementing and monitoring procedures, policies and standards for medical, nursing, allied health and administrative staff
Coordinating and administering health and welfare programs and clinical services
Monitoring and evaluating resources devoted to health, welfare, recreation, housing, employment, training and other community facilities and centres
Controlling administrative operations such as budget planning, report preparation, expenditure on supplies, equipment and services
Liaising with other health and welfare providers, boards and funding bodies to discuss areas of health and welfare service cooperation and coordination
Advising government bodies about measures to improve health and welfare services and facilities
Representing the organisation in negotiations, and at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums
Controlling selection, training and supervision of staff

Thanks bro, so my 4yearz course can't be enough for skill level 1 as I need a 5yearz course. Please of community worker? Any idea?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
nikkycool:
Good morning all,I don't think my day is never complete without reading this thread everyday.I just need words of encouragement and guidance from good people of this forum.Am about rewriting IELTS again as my first score wasn't good enough after which assessment will be done with Vettasses.I want to be assessed as Transport company manager sponsored by Tasmania.But I actually studied Banking and Finance HND currently working as Logistics manager in a Retail store and has 8 years of working experience,4 was in Bank and remaining 4 till date in Retail store.35 years of age.Please am I good to go and please remember me in your prayers so that I can share my success story here too.Thank you.

You don't need IELTS for VETASSESS assessment. I will advise you nominate another occupation closely related to your qualification and relevant experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
Priceless25:

Please have you gotten a positive assessment on welfare worker?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hollie2605: 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
zanyzara:
@inno4u
If one doesn't get his work experience assessed, that definitely means he/she cannot claim points for that. You can actually claim point without having your experience assessed by EA. DIBP will still verify.

Hello
I have been a silent follower of this thread, although I came across it very late; did the whole process by myself. I must say this thread is very informative weldone Oga Bellong and all the seniors in the house.

I just want to add my opinion on claiming experience without it been assessed will be very risky. Your at the risk of DIBP saying you over claimed points or your JD is not closely related to the chosen Anzsco code. I'll advice you either assess both your education and work experience thereby claiming points for it or you assess just your education and don't claim points for it. Just my opinion I stand to be corrected will post my timeline soon
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hollie2605: 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2017
Am obviously a JJC on nairaland and, I believe I will get better over time. Timeline goes thus;

Nominated Code- 261112 system analyst

First assessment - June 2016 negative outcome( didn't know JD has to follow the anzsco code

Took first IELTS - SLWR 7766

Re assessed with ACS and changed the JD to fit the nominated occupation - positive outcome Oct 2016

Wrote PTE 4 times the best result was SRLW 71 79 78 81. Gave up writing PTE

Because system analyst is highly competitive decided to go for 489 nsw regional nomination

Got invited July 2017 submitted all docs July ending. CO contacted mid august 2017 for further evidence; gave the docs a week later now waiting for the golden mail by God's grace. So I have learned from my mistakes and read all possible threads; willing to help anyone with any questions or challenges they have as God brought me this far.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Priceless25: 8:15pm On Sep 21, 2017
jelmusboy:
I will suggest you honourably go for NT. The ties NT requested for is for eligibility for 190. However, if you don't have ties in NT, you will be given 489. Meaning, you can be nominated without family ties, only for 489.

I said NT because of the low unemployment rate compared to any other State or Territory especially SA and TAS.

Thanks for the input.. I really don't like 489, it doesn't offer me permanent residence which is my reason for migration.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Priceless25: 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
Kingbukaz:

Please have you gotten a positive assessment on welfare worker?

Not yet, still researching on occupations related to my degree (psychology) that offer me better chances for 189 or 190
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jelmusboy(m): 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2017
You are very right. 489 no be am but if you just wanna leave naija, go for it

Priceless25:

Thanks for the input.. I really don't like 489, it doesn't offer me permanent residence which is my reason for migration.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2017
Priceless25:

In someone's voice, 489 is better than staying back in Nigeria, lol
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuglothen(f): 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2017
Good evening house....it is me again. Please help a sister, this VETASSES waka wants to turn me to something else. I am confused on something...
1. Must all the job functions listed on my letter be only on that particular nominated occupation?
For example, as a customer service manager i have many job functions inclusive of the ANZSCO tasks. So if my reference letter has all the anzsco tasks in addition to other of my job functions.....would that be a bad thing?
2. @people that has gotten positive assessment from vetassess, was any not so relevant job function added in your reference letter?
Bikonu help a sister that is having small heart attack
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2017
You can add other job functions outside anszco as long as the JD is inline with your occupation you are nominating for example Customer service manager but you put JD of sales rep That Won't fly.

quote author=chuglothen post=60700435]Good evening house....it is me again. Please help a sister, this VETASSES waka wants to turn me to something else. I am confused on something...
1. Must all the job functions listed on my letter be only on that particular nominated occupation?
For example, as a customer service manager i have many job functions inclusive of the ANZSCO tasks. So if my reference letter has all the anzsco tasks in addition to other of my job functions.....would that be a bad thing?
2. @people that has gotten positive assessment from vetassess, was any not so relevant job function added in your reference letter?
Bikonu help a sister that is having small heart attack[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
@ priceless and Co you need to read more on 489 before you make judgements, let me ask you a question if you are offered student visa to study will you migrate? If your answer is yes then....

Now 489 allows you to work like the person with 189 or 190 unlimited, your children will go to public school just like 189 or 190 for free. The only advantage that someone with 189 or 190 have that we don't have is PR, and benefits from medical, childcare... Which in the next 2 years with your visa 489 you will achieve same.

How do I mean you need to just proof you have worked in an organisation for a year, live in the state for a year then apply for 887 that will convert your 489 to PR.

Before we reject what we don't know let's make findings and again not everyone can get 189 or 190 so let us not discourage people with our words.

Finally if we can accept student visa and come and manage with just 20 hours per week work then why not go for the unlimited.

Wish everyone luck

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
Priceless25:

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
uchenna2017:
@ priceless and Co you need to read more on 489 before you make judgements,

Daalu brother!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuglothen(f): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
[quote author=uchenna2017 post=60700826]You can add other job functions outside anszco as long as the JD is inline with your occupation you are nominating for example Customer service manager but you put JD of sales rep That Won't fly.
What if my JD is a mixture of all anzsco jd for CSM and a little of sales rep?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Priceless25: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
[quote author=uchenna2017 post=60701141]@ priceless and Co you need to read more on 489 before you make judgements, let me ask you a question if you are offered student visa to study will you migrate? If your answer is yes then....

Now 489 allows you to work like the person with 189 or 190 unlimited, your children will go to public school just like 189 or 190 for free. The only advantage that someone with 189 or 190 have that we don't have is PR, and benefits from medical, childcare... Which in the next 2 years with your visa 489 you will achieve same.

How do I mean you need to just proof you have worked in an organisation for a year, live in the state for a year then apply for 887 that will convert your 489 to PR.

Before we reject what we don't know let's make findings and again not everyone can get 189 or 190 so let us not discourage people with our words.

Thanks for your input. What you stated about 489 had been stated earlier by Bellong, I'm very much aware of what's involved, I have personal reasons for seeking PR straight up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by inno4u: 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2017
@babylove01
Plz I will like to ask u some questions because I intend nominating as civil engineering draftperson. can I pm u or reach you on whatsapp.

thanks

babylove01:
Golden Email landed this morning.

I thank everyone on this thread for asking questions and special thanks to those that go out of their way to provide answers and reassurance.

Timeline

Job code : 312211 (Civil Engineering Draftperson )

EOI points : 60

EOI : June 2, 2017

ITA : June 6, 2017

Visa lodged : July 17,2017

CO contact : August 23 , 2017...Commencement email.

Visa Grant : September 15,2017

IED:June 12, 2018

CO team : Adelaide
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2017
If you have worked as sales rep before CSM then you can add that bearing in mind that you won't get point from that as its not inline or closely related to the occupation you are nominating.

CSM means you are a customer service manager supervising a team not marketing. All report and complain comes to you and you can make decisions.

Let me give you example with my first nomination I went for insurance broker but I stated I worked as a claim administrator for.... Then a relationship manager in an insurance brokage firm.

Vetassess only considered my relationship manager with the broker because my JD was related to what I nominated and I never got any point from the claim admin.

My long story is they are not closely related so you might shot your self, if you need more JD google CSM job description and add

quote author=chuglothen post=60701423][/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 21, 2017
No issues with that just don't make others feel other wise.

Like I stated not everyone has the privilege for other visas and when they see some comments it will look as if they are not working hard.

God will bless all our hustle.

quote author=Priceless25 post=60702175][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by babylove01: 10:06pm On Sep 21, 2017
inno4u:
@babylove01
Plz I will like to ask u some questions because I intend nominating as civil engineering draftperson. can I pm u or reach you on whatsapp.

thanks

You can send a pm but if its a general question, go ahead and ask here so gurus would put heads together and assist. But like I said go ahead and pm. I'd render any assistance I can
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 10:36pm On Sep 21, 2017
[quote author=hollie2605 post=60698350][/quote]

Thank you hollie2605. We are here to rub minds together.

I'm being particular about EA (Engineers Australia). I know some engineers that didn't assess their experience but claimed points for it and are already in Oz.

Like I said, peeps should do what will make them feel comfortable.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nikkycool(f): 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2017
frank043:

You don't need IELTS for VETASSESS assessment. I will advise you nominate another occupation closely related to your qualification and relevant experience.

Thanks but I have 4years in Banking industry,4 years in Retail stores but I studied Banking and Finance.Please advice.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by omojaiyejaiye: 10:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
Please i sent you a PM

hollie2605:
Am obviously a JJC on nairaland and, I believe I will get better over time. Timeline goes thus;

Nominated Code- 261112 system analyst

First assessment - June 2016 negative outcome( didn't know JD has to follow the anzsco code

Took first IELTS - SLWR 7766

Re assessed with ACS and changed the JD to fit the nominated occupation - positive outcome Oct 2016

Wrote PTE 4 times the best result was SRLW 71 79 78 81. Gave up writing PTE

Because system analyst is highly competitive decided to go for 489 nsw regional nomination

Got invited July 2017 submitted all docs July ending. CO contacted mid august 2017 for further evidence; gave the docs a week later now waiting for the golden mail by God's grace. So I have learned from my mistakes and read all possible threads; willing to help anyone with any questions or challenges they have as God brought me this far.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2017
bellong:

Irrespective of the occupation you choose, you will still end up with the same point.

However, considering the current high points for Engineering professions, I will advice you nominate civil engineering draftsperson for faster ITA.

Someone here recently received grant with the same occupation. Read the last five pages to know the person and liaise together on his job descriptions for vetasses.

Goodluck

Hey bro,

I'm also a civil engineer who wants to be nominated as an engineering draftperson. Is 60 points okay for ITA?

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.