Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1210073 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dikachi12: 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2017
Afola plz drop ur email or number let me reach you... I need *HELP* on PTE can it possibly give me 20points
afolaseg:

Am so sorry for late response.. The advantage of the mock test is to avoid to wasting 52k trying to pass the pte exam. So if you get this, you will be able to practice and write the test like you are writing the real pte exam and there are two exams in this package. After writing, you will get your score within 24hrs. It is marked by Pearson. They use Pearson Marking Scheme..

Congratulations greeneophyte.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 10:13pm On Oct 13, 2017
jamson:

Will check and revert shortly.

Just do the regular MSA and claim your work points with DIBP only. Better chances at maximum work points and less cost of assessment

You are on point! All these assessing bodies can mess one up with slashing of work experience. I will be going in for EA assessment and wont be doing work experience. It's better to leave experience assessment at DIBP's discretion rather than paying higher and getting a cut on authentic work experience acquired.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2017
kamotisha:

In my opinion, it's better to be safe than sorry. Most people are refused visas because they overclaimed points...especially when a deduction in your years of experience will reduce your points below 60. That been said, it's safer to assess your work experience with EA. When the outcome comes, you can calculate your points clearly and know your chances. It might cost more but you will not be left in suspense. That's what I did and it worked for me.
All the best

Please, how exactly do you mean by 'OVER-CLAIMED POINTS'? For instance I have 9years work experience, and I have ALL the necessary documents required of me by DIBP. Now, I go for assessment and apply for skills and qualification assessment, excluding work experience assessment. How exactly will DIBP penalize me for what you call OVER-CLAIMED work experience? Have you asked yourself why EA made work experience assessment optional? Have you asked yourself why DIBP still carries out verification on work experience claimed, despite the fact that your assessing body assessed you for the 9years you tendered? Which implies that they can still slash whatever the assessing body approved for you. It's at their discretion. They have the power to nullify whatever assessment outcome one uploads. The list of questions goes on and on and on...

I'd leave mine to the discretion of DIBP.

Thanks... No offence.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dikachi12: 10:46pm On Oct 13, 2017
Pls bro send the PTE materials to me also... My email =
youngkachi87@gmail.com thanks alot
udz:

Pls no need sending pm to me, just quote me and put email. I already sent to inno4lov.. ...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 11:27pm On Oct 13, 2017
kamotisha:
That been said, it's safer to assess your work experience with EA.

frank043:

To each his own. Everybody is at liberty to do what will make him sleep better.

We don't have to overflog this issue.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:15am On Oct 14, 2017
zanyzara:

To each his own. Everybody is at liberty to do what will make him sleep better.

We don't have to overflog this issue.

Zany.
Your Monika and response to the post reminds me of some gambling days. At the decision making point, a gambler says" You aren't a Zany, but I am a Zany. "

You don talk as e suppose be. At the end, na person know werin go make am sleep without headache.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 1:30am On Oct 14, 2017
frank043:

You are on point! All these assessing bodies can mess one up with slashing of work experience. I will be going in for EA assessment and wont be doing work experience. It's better to leave experience assessment at DIBP's discretion rather than paying higher and getting a cut on authentic work experience acquired.

Hi, you can only claim points from work experience that has been validated by the assessment body (in this case EA) The years of experience is boldly written on the outcome letter and that's the years of experience that you can claim in your application with DIBP.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 1:39am On Oct 14, 2017
Make I just pass, but if DIBP go check experience sha no be because dem wan help anybody reduce am, dem wan ascertain the authenticity, and if dem come find ovaclaiming nah rejection and possibly ban dem go knack d fella. Anyway sha, it is well.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kamotisha: 2:48am On Oct 14, 2017
leon12:

thanks for your reply.

We were paid with Cheque and the amount wasn't that convincing.
Can cheque photocopies or the books(I know they have a copy) serve the purpose.
I've an Engineering firm registered, up to 1.6 years now, should I use this firm documents, get a tax clearance to substitute this incase I don't get a payslip or if it below what they consider professional fee?

Thanks again.

I think photocopies of the cheques can suffice. The company name would appear on the cheque and so it should stand as a proof. You might need to do some explanation though. Most of the assessors understand some of these challenges. Above All, back it up with prayer. If your assessor is understanding, you are good to go.

For the tax records, you have to show that you paid tax while you were working and so it is expected that the company name will appear on the tax records. I am really not sure of how your lersonal company tax records will tally with the company you were working.However, I think other gurus here might throw more light.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kamotisha: 2:53am On Oct 14, 2017
frank043:

Please, how exactly do you mean by 'OVER-CLAIMED POINTS'? For instance I have 9years work experience, and I have ALL the necessary documents required of me by DIBP. Now, I go for assessment and apply for skills and qualification assessment, excluding work experience assessment. How exactly will DIBP penalize me for what you call OVER-CLAIMED work experience? Have you asked yourself why EA made work experience assessment optional? Have you asked yourself why DIBP still carries out verification on work experience claimed, despite the fact that your assessing body assessed you for the 9years you tendered? Which implies that they can still slash whatever the assessing body approved for you. It's at their discretion. They have the power to nullify whatever assessment outcome one uploads. The list of questions goes on and on and on...

Thanks... No offence.

Yea....i understand...to each his own. I assessed my work experience and I have no regrets. I know people that were denied because they did not have all they needed to back up their experience and so their years were cut down. If you have all your documents, you can leave it to the discretion of DIBP. Like I said, to each his own. Assessing my work experience worked for me and my Grant is with me.
All the best!

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yahwehgbemi: 4:40am On Oct 14, 2017
@ tkos, jamson, zanyzara, cottyekundayo, kempguy47, mamajaz, frank043, kamotisha

Thank you all for your very wonderful and experience-based answers. I got all your standpoints very clearly and I have been able to decide what action to take.

Once again, thank you

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yahwehgbemi: 4:43am On Oct 14, 2017
Yahwehgbemi:

I look forward to your response.

How do I know points I will be claiming when submitting my EOI if EA does not do work experience assessment?
I am sure of less cost of assessment but dont understand better chances at maximum work points.
Is DIBP also involved in Skill assessment thereby giving me choices to select from the options of EA or DIBP?
Help clarify these questions Sir.
Thanks Sir.

@ tkos, jamson, zanyzara, cottyekundayo, kempguy47, mamajaz, frank043, kamotisha

Thank you all for your very wonderful and experience-based answers. I got all your standpoints very clearly and I have been able to decide what action to take.

Once again, thank you

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 6:31am On Oct 14, 2017
Kempguy47:

Hi, you can only claim points from work experience that has been validated by the assessment body (in this case EA) The years of experience is boldly written on the outcome letter and that's the years of experience that you can claim in your application with DIBP.

Hi, you can actually claim points from work experience that has not been validated by the assessment body. I am particular about EA here.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Folatem: 7:53am On Oct 14, 2017
Kempguy47:

This assertion is incorrect! You actually do not necessarily have to assess your work experience with EA (mind you, I wrote EA; not sure of other assessment bodies). There are some engineers here who have gone through this path without assessing their work experience (@Ibiyemiara comes to mind).

However, it is a good thing to do expecially when in doubt of the adequacy of the work related documents in your possession, as this will give you an idea of your standing with DIBP. I'd therefore say, if you have all your documents intact, kindly save yourself some money and prove your case only to DIBP.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 8:14am On Oct 14, 2017
teewhysafe:
Hi. You need to first of all understand why your tasks are not highly relevant to your nominated occupation. Reason for this is stated in your outcome letter.

So what you need to do is either re-present your tasks matching it closely with the ANZSCO code or even nominating another occupation entirely.

We had to nominate another occupation closely related to the former hence the positive reassessment.
We didnt change any task just the nominated occupation. Hope this helps.
at emboldened did you do this within the 90days period?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 8:26am On Oct 14, 2017
i did oh, but got negative too, still trying to figure out my next step
Jbelieve:

Please someone should respond to this.
Which occupation did he nominate previously Construction project manager or engineer? Cos I haven't seen anyone on this thread nominate Construction project manager.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Horticulturist: 8:47am On Oct 14, 2017
Please help what are my chances,
Bsc Animal Sciences 2010
Experience - Over 4 years audit experience in a big4
Bsc Accounting (oxford brookes ) 2017

Can I claim the 4years work experience? Judging that my accounting Bsc was obtained in 2017?

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
kamotisha:

Yea....i understand...to each his own. I assessed my work experience and I have no regrets. I know people that were denied because they did not have all they needed to back up their experience and so their years were cut down. If you have all your documents, you can leave it to the discretion of DIBP. Like I said, to each his own. Assessing my work experience worked for me and my Grant is with me.
All the best!

Thank you.

There are also people here that left it to the discretion of DIBP and it worked for them too. They also went ahead to advise others to follow suit.

Why would someone claim what he can't defend? With no documents to backup such claims, is like digging one's own grave and failing before even starting.

We may have our own varied opinion, but I believe this platform is meant for one to get the right and best guide. Most people tend to be confused when confronted with a sea of opinion.

Again, no offence.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2017
Horticulturist:
Please help what are my chances,
Bsc Animal Sciences 2010
Experience - Over 4 years audit experience in a big4
Bsc Accounting (oxford brookes ) 2017

Can I claim the 4years work experience? Judging that my accounting Bsc was obtained in 2017?

Thanks

Yes you can especially with CPA once your task is at the level of required competency
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by crownnygold: 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2017
Please what of secondary school teacher with 60ponit will it fly?
Alphadoor:

kindly use
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hDMwZx2ba47Fe-pwKOgzNOYKbjSmqLOXAbsDvCEfWyY/htmlview#
or
http://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/20-september-2017-round-results.aspx

if your occupation is not listed in the picture attached, that means 65 is the current minimum point for such occupation and they are called non pro rata
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Shiism1: 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hello all,

Is there anyone with the list of Nigerian universities classified as Grade A by Engineers Australia? Thanks in advance for your prompt response
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nanlop55: 6:28pm On Oct 14, 2017
Congratulaions to Ozymigrant, Catchdwind4rmkd, Sofi05, Phlunter01, Teewhysafe, Uchenna2017, Greenophyte, Majiouk2002, Baenoz, Teejah80, Nosula, Doyen06, Kamotisha, Samge, Dutch1020 , Babylove01, Yeeshas and Disectur on your grants / ITA. May the journeys ahead be smoother and sweeter, go & excel grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Horticulturist: 6:54pm On Oct 14, 2017
I am a graduate of Animal Science - graduated 2010 but I have over 4years cognate experience in accounting (Big4 trained)

Due to the high points (85) required for accounting, can I assess my BSc in Animal Sciences only? and ignore the 4-year work experience?

Cuz my Bsc and experience do not match. someone should please help
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ladon7: 7:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
Good evening, Pls i Av gone tru the list, my occupation is on MLTSSL, I studied industrial chemistry n there is chemist on the list, Pls Wat r the steps I need to take. I done done ielts n had 7 in LSWR . Pls what r my chances. I need to know if my the next step n my chances, plss
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ladon7: 7:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
Good evening, Pls my occupation is on MLTSSL as a chemist. I studied industrial chemistry n have 6years work experience. I Av done ielts n had 7 , Pls Wat do I need to do Wat r my chances, I don't really understand MTLSSL stuff. Pls help
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Onaolorundun: 9:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hi, pls I need the PTE material, my email is glomona09@gmail.com. thanks so much
udz:

Pls no need sending pm to me, just quote me and put email. I already sent to inno4lov.. ...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by elothaddi(m): 9:20pm On Oct 14, 2017
Thank you for this response. I have struggling to solve this problem of payslips and I was even thinking of preparing for my self. In my own case , all payment was made into my account and I printed them.

(quote author=kamotisha post=61392280]

This is a dicey one. How were you paid? If they paid into your bank account, print out your statement of account and use a highlight pen to highlight your salary coming in.
I have over 7 years experience but i didnt have payslips for the first 10 months. Out of the 10 months, I was paid by hand for 6 months and paid into acct for the remaining 4 months. I submitted my statement of account for the 4 months and it was counted. The 6 months which I was paid by hand wasn't counted as I had no proof. Luckily for me, the deduction didn't have an effect on my points.
So you can do same. Hope this helps...
All the best![/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nikkycool(f): 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
elothaddi:
Thank you for this response. I have struggling to solve this problem of payslips and I was even thinking of preparing for my self. In my own case , all payment was made into my account and I printed them.

(quote author=kamotisha post=61392280]

This is a dicey one. How were you paid? If they paid into your bank account, print out your statement of account and use a highlight pen to highlight your salary coming in.
I have over 7 years experience but i didnt have payslips for the first 10 months. Out of the 10 months, I was paid by hand for 6 months and paid into acct for the remaining 4 months. I submitted my statement of account for the 4 months and it was counted. The 6 months which I was paid by hand wasn't counted as I had no proof. Luckily for me, the deduction didn't have an effect on my points.
So you can do same. Hope this helps...
All the best!
Please house I want to know how they assess HND,is it equivalent with Bsc?thank you in advance.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Onaolorundun: 9:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hi udz I got your message but there is no link or attachment to the pte material, kindly resend the link. Thanks
udz:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udz: 10:09pm On Oct 14, 2017
Onaolorundun:
Hi udz I got your message but there is no link or attachment to the pte material, kindly resend the link. Thanks

I have resent it to everyone again. Sorry for the delay. .. Busy schedules. .. Used my phone to forward earlier.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by metrecube(m): 10:35pm On Oct 14, 2017
nikkycool:
Please house I want to know how they assess HND,is it equivalent with Bsc?thank you in advance.
Hnd is equivalent to advance diploma in Australia.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nikkycool(f): 11:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
metrecube:

Hnd is equivalent to advance diploma in Australia.
Thank you for the reply.Let me break it down for a full advice.My age is 34,HND holder,7years work experience,wants to be assessed as Human Resource Manager with 6.5 band under Victoria state nomination.They require 6 in each band in English test.Kindly advice if am good to go cos I will need 60points.Please just educate me if am in line,thank you In advance.Or better still,I have the following English scores LSRW-6.5,7.5,6.5,6.0 band 6.5.....With my data above can I scale through any job assessment with any state or region?Thank you in advance.Pls pardon my too much questions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.