Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207305 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 6:05pm On Nov 08, 2017
Misoke:
I give glory to God...Make una follow me thank him!!

Now let me not beat about the bush too much cos God has been too Good!

Timeline:

1st IELTS attempt;---June 24th LSRW 8,7,7.5 and 6.5( needed superior scores so i tried again)

2nd IELTS attempt;---August 3rd LSRW 8.5,7.5,9 and 7 (still needed superior scores badly to be sure..)

1st skill assessment - sometime in July--negative angry

(professional ICT content was their reason...i did not know i must package fully according ANZCO JD,i was using the JD i was given at work which didn't quite satisfy them.lol..so i came here and cried out.Some of you here know the story.I had to re strategize/re package with the help of great minds here.I faced alot of hurdles oh...but let me not bore you cos of time)

2nd assessment(review) - sent on 7th sept---got a positive outcome by oct 18th (with one CO contact)

Somethings happened of course like gathering extra docs for review etc..no need to yarn that part..aluta continua tongue

preparation for PTE started oh...I used E2 language my people..Jay is a genius..i wasn't quite understanding the Indian lady cos of her accent.I read alot too so that was no problem but i did more academic reading from websites like sciencedaily etc..looked through PTE academic collocation list when bored..tried to make my kids read to me like broadcasters so i will have opportunity to correct them,before MR will think ayam mad grin #agbayamummy

Anyways..
7th Nov--PTE Taken
8th Nov--Mail on results confirmation don show(coldsweat)...I got 85 in listening and 90 in the rest ( cool
so i gave a shout to my padi @alphadoor, zoew etc

(20 points mi ti pe cool ..I updated my EOI sharply, withdrew the 190 for Vic and the seperate EOI for Tasmania(dont ask me why i had up to 3 EOI cos the hustle was real)...anyway i left NSW cos it was too busy at work for me, will do that later.

Same 8th Nov---went for lunch got back and there was my ITA sitting nicely in my email shocked shocked

Had to sit still for a minute cos my heart was about bursting through my chest.hahaha...i expected it soon but whaaat!....less than 24hrs?...it just has to be God

I want to salute @bellong for starting this thread...its been informative,insightful,funny...hahahaha....@alphadoor and zoew...una too much in a too much way o...they encouraged me so much..make una chop laptop kiss

tongue

The real journey begins...

Please guys hold on!...if you need superior scores please do not be discouraged..try again.It will be worth it in the end

Let me stop waxing poetic jor..i know some people are already tired and sleepy from this epistle of mine.

Love you all for reading! wink wink

Wow congratulations!
So it means they sent our invites on Nov 8th for 189 abi this was for you 190 with NSW?

Great news. Pls can you share how many points you got ITA with?

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
charlie111:

Sent you a mail, over two weeks now no reply..

I'm very sorry bro. I probably missed your email. Can you please resend the email?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2017
bornlegend:

Currently sticking to NSW route and waiting to see when the point will drop from 70.
So you've filled and submitted your EOI for NSW? How many points?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2017
trastar:

Wow congratulations!
So it means they sent our invites on Nov 8th for 189 abi this was for you 190 with NSW?

Great news. Pls can you share how many points you got ITA with?

hi dear it is for 189...i withdrew the 190..my points for ita is 75
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2017
Misoke:
I give glory to God...Make una follow me thank him!!

Timeline:

1st IELTS attempt;---June 24th LSRW 8,7,7.5 and 6.5( needed superior scores so i tried again)

2nd IELTS attempt;---August 3rd LSRW 8.5,7.5,9 and 7 (still needed superior scores badly to be sure..)

(20 points mi ti pe cool ..I updated my EOI sharply, withdrew the 190 for Vic and the seperate EOI for Tasmania(dont ask me why i had up to 3 EOI cos the hustle was real)...anyway i left NSW cos it was too busy at work for me, will do that later.

Same 8th Nov---went for lunch got back and there was my ITA sitting nicely in my email shocked shocked

Had to sit still for a minute cos my heart was about bursting through my chest.hahaha...i expected it soon but whaaat!....less than 24hrs?...it just has to be God

I want to salute @bellong for starting this thread...its been informative,insightful,funny...hahahaha....@alphadoor and zoew...una too much in a too much way o...they encouraged me so much..make una chop laptop kiss

tongue

Congrats on the ITA, the Lord will perfect the rest. Cheers

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Logictinz: 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2017
Good day my good people. Please help a brother out I am desperately trying hard to decide the occupation I can apply under, I want to start writing my Career Episode.

Please be aware that I hold HND degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering but my nine(9) years working experience is in Oil and Gas(Completion Segment), where do I fit?

Abeg I need help please.

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
BADNEAT:
congrats..any advice and tip for prospective pte ??

practise speaking tests with a your phone voice recorder or any other app so you can hear yourself.we can all speak English but it's good to hear yourself to know what needs to be improved on...try not to hesitate alot I guess the computer programming marks you low on oral fluency for that...dont correct yourself even when you make minor grammatical mistakes,guess there's room for that too(just be concious not to make too many)speak at a steady pace from begining till speaking task ends(dont be too hasty cos of tension smiley..broadcasters pace and rhythm(i didnt say phonetics o!)look at the recorder so that you can avoid false starts..always conclude in your describe image tasks before time is up....
for reading time mgt is key..i noticed alot of the less difficult questions were at the end and there's where u can easily score bonus points...i missed the last question cos I was out of time..rushed tru the last 4..
get familiar with pte academic collocation words on Pearson website..download into you phone and make it your boredom buster...improve your grammar by reading more too...anything...try ScienceDaily.com ...thats from my own personal experience she.others have shared theirs

use e2language on YouTube...the young man knows what he's talking about..the Indian lady (navjot or so)is okay too but her accent may make it difficult to follow her videos(I had headache cos of that n have up on her materials,but some say she's good)

I will post more when I can..on the move now...good luck and God's Grace!

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
Misoke:

I want to salute @bellong for starting this thread...its been informative,insightful,funny...
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! This part struck me. Congrats bro...whatever God has a hand in might have some challenges at first, but it will always end in glory and honor. Go and inherit the land that flows with milk and honey. Congratulations once again brother...you can now “misile”. Your grant cometh soon

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:00pm On Nov 08, 2017
Congratulations Misoke..

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Popoola1960: 8:19pm On Nov 08, 2017
[quote author=Misoke post=62192346]I give glory to God...Make una follow me thank him!!

Timeline:

(professional ICT content was their reason...i did not know i must package fully according ANZCO JD,i was using the JD i was given at work which didn't quite satisfy them.lol..so i came here and cried out.Some of you here know the story.I had to re strategize/re package with the help of great minds here.I faced alot of hurdles oh...but let me not bore you cos of time)

2nd assessment(review) - sent on 7th sept---got a positive outcome by oct 18th (with one CO contact)

Somethings happened of course like gathering extra docs for review etc..no need to yarn that part..aluta continua tongue

preparation for PTE started oh...I used E2 language my people..Jay is a genius..i wasn't quite understanding the Indian lady cos of her accent.I read alot too so that was no problem but i did more academic reading from websites like sciencedaily etc..looked through PTE academic collocation list when bored..tried to make my kids read to me like broadcasters so i will have opportunity to correct them,before MR will think ayam mad grin #agbayamummy

Anyways..
7th Nov--PTE Taken
8th Nov--Mail on results confirmation don show(coldsweat)...I got 85 in listening and 90 in the rest ( cool
so i gave a shout to my padi @alphadoor, zoew etc

tongue

Please guys hold on!...if you need superior scores please do not be discouraged..try again.It will be worth it in the end

Let me stop waxing poetic jor..i know some people are already tired and sleepy from this epistle of mine.

Love you all for reading! wink wink

Hi Misoke, pls can u add me on whatsapp, I av some personal questions to ask u if u don't mind. Thanks in advance. 08136795792
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 8:32pm On Nov 08, 2017
Misoke:

That's great. means there was actually a round of selection on the 8th of november as promised.
Thank God.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by skibby(m): 9:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
Thank you Sir . I really appreciate your response.
4mula22:

It all depends on how fast you want it to be. It's very possible as so many engineers go through that route. It's perhaps the cheapest and easiest way to get into the country. Just get the necessary documents and submit an EOI ASAP.

If you can submit an EOI, get invited and submit an application before the 18 months visa expires, you'll automatically be granted a bridging visa pending the outcome of your application.

Cheers.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 08, 2017
koleefem05:
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! This part struck me. Congrats bro...whatever God has a hand in might have some challenges at first, but it will always end in glory and honor. Go and inherit the land that flows with milk and honey. Congratulations once again brother...you can now “misile”. Your grant cometh soon

amin brother mi...God bless you

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 08, 2017
[quote author=Popoola1960 post=62197467][/quote]

you don't wanna ask here?it may help someone?...dont worry ask other may have an answer better than mine too
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by piusford: 10:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
Congratulations to Misoke.

You fought for it. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 10:03pm On Nov 08, 2017
Congrats Misoke!
The good Lord will perfect that which he has begun.

@STAugustine13, you are sighted! Just keep on looking. Don't make attempt to comment ooo coz na dia fight go start. So what happened to ya enquiry?

Misoke Congrats jor! Congratulations Jare!!

6 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 08, 2017
Congratulations Misoke

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dbobs: 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2017
Congrats Misoke

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by fonseca1929: 10:54pm On Nov 08, 2017
Congratulations misoke...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by NGOZIGLORI(f): 12:13am On Nov 09, 2017
@ Misoke, congrats to u . am very happy for you. i remembered when u had the negative out come from ur assessment body. thank God u didn't give up.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Popoola1960: 4:13am On Nov 09, 2017
Misoke:

you don't wanna ask here?it may help someone?...dont worry ask other may have an answer better than mine too

All I need is a direct guide on how to go about my immigration to Canada. I have been following ds posts for some days now an it's been so helpful. Why I need your contact is to have someone I can relate directly with. Thanks. To all the people contributing on ds platform, I appreciate your kind gestures. May God help us all. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 4:18am On Nov 09, 2017
Popoola1960:

All I need is a direct guide on how to go about my immigration to Canada. I have been following ds posts for some days now an it's been so helpful. Why I need your contact is to have someone I can relate directly with. Thanks. To all the people contributing on ds platform, I appreciate your kind gestures. May God help us all. Thanks
This is not CANADA thread

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 4:25am On Nov 09, 2017
You no dey sleep
Alphadoor:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 4:44am On Nov 09, 2017
mamajaz:
You no dey sleep

See kettle calling pot black cheesy cheesy cheesy

Zany.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:22am On Nov 09, 2017
mamajaz:
You no dey sleep

hahaha..mamjaz you too....lol grin

meanwhile 4.30am n.a. normal waking time for most lagosians...traffic wahala so na to start early.lol

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:27am On Nov 09, 2017
Alphadoor:

chai... undecided

Australian PR visa thread oh embarassed

una morning!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 09, 2017
Misoke:

practise speaking tests with a your phone voice recorder or any other app so you can hear yourself.we can all speak English but it's good to hear yourself to know what needs to be improved on...try not to hesitate alot I guess the computer programming marks you low on oral fluency for that...dont correct yourself even when you make minor grammatical mistakes,guess there's room for that too(just be concious not to make too many)speak at a steady pace from begining till speaking task ends(dont be too hasty cos of tension smiley..broadcasters pace and rhythm(i didnt say phonetics o!)look at the recorder so that you can avoid false starts..always conclude in your describe image tasks before time is up....
for reading time mgt is key..i noticed alot of the less difficult questions were at the end and there's where u can easily score bonus points...i missed the last question cos I was out of time..rushed tru the last 4..
get familiar with pte academic collocation words on Pearson website..download into you phone and make it your boredom buster...improve your grammar by reading more too...anything...try ScienceDaily.com ...thats from my own personal experience she.others have shared theirs

use e2language on YouTube...the young man knows what he's talking about..the Indian lady (navjot or so)is okay too but her accent may make it difficult to follow her videos(I had headache cos of that n have up on her materials,but some say she's good)

thanks mate...the indian accent is really a headache..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 7:48am On Nov 09, 2017
Misoke:

It's like this pte is more favorable han IELTS

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 8:10am On Nov 09, 2017
Congratulations Misoke. Very happy for you. May the rest of the journey be fast and favourable too.

Please, i'm a little confused about engineering technician and professionals as it relates to this PR. What is the difference/implication of going as a technician instead of a professional since you can practice as a professional even if PR was for technician.

Please excuse my ignorance, i've tried to search for the difference without success.

Cc @belong, mamajaz, zanyzara, alphadoor, everybody in the house. Kindly indulge me.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 09, 2017
stepo707:

It's like this pte is more favorable han IELTS

I think so...i chose to believe that as well
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 8:16am On Nov 09, 2017
jayooh:

So you've filled and submitted your EOI for NSW? How many points?

Yes. 65Pts for 190 Visa

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 8:23am On Nov 09, 2017
Misoke:

Congrats. 75 points!!!!, that's impressive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.