Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207348 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:31am On Nov 09, 2017
@Mumzt,

Technicians are those with diploma qualification while professional engineer has a Bachelor degree.

For faster invitation, some do assess as technicians. Once you arrive, you can practice as an engineer. However, depending on what you are doing, you may still end up doing a qualification assessment with EA especially if you want to become a "consultant engineer".
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:32am On Nov 09, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Akachukwu123: 8:33am On Nov 09, 2017
Good morning great minds.
I wish I had joinded this thread before my assessment with EA as engineering technologist. I would have packaged as engineering manager.(a member of this group once advised)
Is there a possibility of reassessing with AIM as engineering manager?
What is the average points required to get ITA for engineering manager?
Will the average points(70) required to get ITA for engineering technologist ever drop?

This is a useless question but, I will ask it. Lol
Why won't more states start to need more engineering technologists

Please, I need my ITA...

Regards.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 8:45am On Nov 09, 2017
bellong:
@Mumzt,

Technicians are those with diploma qualification while professional engineer has a Bachelor degree.

For faster invitation, some do assess as technicians. Once you arrive, you can practice as an engineer. However, depending on what you are doing, you may still end up doing a qualification assessment with EA especially if you want to become a "consultant engineer".

Thank you so much for this clarification. May God bless you richly.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 8:57am On Nov 09, 2017
mumzt:

Please, i'm a little confused about engineering technician and professionals as it relates to this PR. What is the difference/implication of going as a technician instead of a professional since you can practice as a professional even if PR was for technician. .

If you have a degree equivalent to Australia B.Sc please apply for Professional Eng relating to your field of study or work experience... EngineeringTechnologist is on prorata and will require high points to get an ITA.
Engineering Associate is for those with an Associate degree or diploma. Though some persons with B.Sc claim to have positively assessed as Eng. Ass in other to get ITA quickly but unfortunately, this didn't work for us as we were handed ET instead.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 9:16am On Nov 09, 2017
STAugustineOf13:

I'm not dying yet, but I will assure you these things.
-There won't be I.V till January.
-"Possibly" Non Pro rata won't drop till then.
-I will be here on January to remind you this.

You think I made these up?
What am i to gain inside?

I owes this forum an obligation to search and bring forth an information and I also expected others to do so for me to learn from their's too.

I wish it didn't come to that but here we are.
If it goes exactly the way i got Info, it may affect Non pro rata points.
We are all just hoping for the best, for i too is a prospect.

FYI
ITAs were issued on the 8th of Nov to both Prorated and None prorated occupations.
Thanks
https://myimmitracker.com/en/au/trackers/expression-of-interest-sc189

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:26am On Nov 09, 2017
praiseisgood:
Congrats Misoke!
The good Lord will perfect that which he has begin.

[b]@STAugustine13, you are sighted! Just keep on looking. Don't make attempt to comment ooo coz na dia fight go start. [/b]So what happened to ya enquiry?

Misoke Congrats jor! Congratulations Jare!!
Roflmao grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:27am On Nov 09, 2017
Akachukwu123:
Good morning great minds.

Is there a possibility of reassessing with AIM as engineering manager?

Regards.

You have been advised to rewrite your CDR for professional engineer. It is easier to get positive assessment as a professional engineer than an engineering manager. You will need more than 5 years of experience and proof of being in a managerial position. Not just managing labourers or artisans.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:30am On Nov 09, 2017
Rett0:

FYI
ITAs were issued on the 8th of Nov to both Prorated and None prorated occupations.
Thanks
https://myimmitracker.com/en/au/trackers/expression-of-interest-sc189
You have time shall.
BTW, my assessor asked my to submit cdr relEvanton to draftperson, could u help me with your samples... just to see if I can tweak 3 of my previous episode to align. I'm still yet to accept his ET outcome. The guy stubborn well.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 9:44am On Nov 09, 2017
13 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin for you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 9:52am On Nov 09, 2017
jayooh:

You have time shall.
BTW, my assessor asked my to submit cdr relEvanton to draftperson, could u help me with your samples... just to see if I can tweak 3 of my previous episode to align. I'm still yet to accept his ET outcome. The guy stubborn well.
Thanks

Ours was for Telecom it will do you no good.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:29am On Nov 09, 2017
Rett0:

Ours was for Telecom it will do you no good.

Why not reassess for professional telecomm?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Fizzywah(m): 10:30am On Nov 09, 2017
Congrats @Misoke.

I was worried that for ICT folks only 75 and above were given ITA. However the immitracker link someone posted here reveals even 70 too got called. Now I see what 'Superior English' can do for one.

70 won't be bad. PTE here I come.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Akachukwu123: 11:08am On Nov 09, 2017
Can I get help on writing CDR for professional engineer?
Pls, I need someone who has assessed as a professional engineer to send me a CDR sample to my email.
Onyejekwulumakaa@yahoo.com

I would be so pleased.
Regards

quote author=bellong post=62210242]

You have been advised to rewrite your CDR for professional engineer. It is easier to get positive assessment as a professional engineer than an engineering manager. You will need more than 5 years of experience and proof of being in a managerial position. Not just managing labourers or artisans.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 11:12am On Nov 09, 2017
bellong:

Why not reassess for professional telecomm?

Oga belong thanks for asking. We are already putting together our CDR for that.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 11:24am On Nov 09, 2017
Rett0:

If you have a degree equivalent to Australia B.Sc please apply for Professional Eng relating to your field of study or work experience... EngineeringTechnologist is on prorata and will require high points to get an ITA.
Engineering Associate is for those with an Associate degree or diploma. Though some persons with B.Sc claim to have positively assessed as Eng. Ass in other to get ITA quickly but unfortunately, this didn't work for us as we were handed ET instead.

Oh ok. Thanks a Mil!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zibe(m): 11:34am On Nov 09, 2017
Would anyone here that has assessed as External Auditor be kind enough to go through my drafted references? I need to be sure I got them right. Last thing I need is for CPAA to give me a negative assessment based on not aligning my references properly. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 09, 2017
Fizzywah:
Congrats @Misoke.

I was worried that for ICT folks only 75 and above were given ITA. However the immitracker link someone posted here reveals even 70 too got called. Now I see what 'Superior English' can do for one.

70 won't be bad. PTE here I come.

Lets go!...@fizzywah.. cool

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stickaman04: 12:22pm On Nov 09, 2017
WHATS DE DURATION FOR SKILLED AND ACADEMIC ASSESSMENT?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by andrewozed: 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2017
i have HND electrical/electronics engineering with 4 years experience. my question is what point can i garner? diploma of 10 points or bsc equivalent of 15 points? also, can i apply as a technologist or technician?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by korlahwarleh: 1:30pm On Nov 09, 2017
Good afternoon everyone. I am about to submit my CDR for EA assessment but I need to get some things straight first.
I just started working officially about a year ago, however, I have been an intern with the same company before being fully employed. Two of my episodes are based on my internship projects/works while the last one is based on projects carried out as a full time worker. So, for the assessment I have my transcript, certificate, letter of verification from my employer, appointment letter, payslip for four months (although they're in black and white), Tax certificate and English result. I also have my letter of appointment for the internship, but i do not have payslip from those periods hence it's not reflected in my tax certificate. My questions are;

1. Are these documents okay? can there be anything like surplus documents?
2. According to EA, they said evidence of employment is not needed for internship, so should i exclude the internship appointment letter, considering the fact that I'm opting for the normal assessment (i. e experience is not assessed)?
3. I intend to use my PTE exam also for the assessment, should i just upload the test result?
4. Finally, concerning payment, what is the best payment mode?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2017
Good afternoon, everyone.

Has anyone assessed as mathematician, actuary or statistician in the house? How did it go? What was the outcome?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by praiseisgood: 4:32pm On Nov 09, 2017
zibe:
Would anyone here that has assessed as External Auditor be kind enough to go through my drafted references? I need to be sure I got them right. Last thing I need is for CPAA to give me a negative assessment based on not aligning my references properly. Thanks.

Dear Zibe,

You may send me a PM.

Cheers.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Logictinz: 5:54pm On Nov 09, 2017
Oga Bellong,

Abeg I need help on this question. I have HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, nine years of work experience with Schlumberger (Completion department). Age is 36, waiting for IELTS results. I can't figure out what occupation I should apply under. Please I need help.

Thanks alot.

Logictinz:
Good day my good people. Please help a brother out I am desperately trying hard to decide the occupation I can apply under, I want to start writing my Career Episode.

Please be aware that I hold HND degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering but my nine(9) years working experience is in Oil and Gas(Completion Segment), where do I fit?

Abeg I need help please.

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by go4value(m): 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2017
Please gurus in the house ,for somebody that studied Industrial chemistry Bsc,which occupation can one applied for? Gurus your help is needed here...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oruekelvin: 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
Please can u send me IELTS materials.

Oruekelvin@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 09, 2017
webmaster3:

Congrats. 75 points!!!!, that's impressive.

thanks dear..

@ the whole fam: thanks.

may all your ITA come speedily too...IJN
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yungmin: 7:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
Akachukwu123:
I assessed as an engineering technologist with EA but I have found out that I require 70points(I can claim 55points now) and above to get an ITA from skillselect. I started looking for a plan B since I spoke with an agent few days ago.
He advised I should assess with another occupation using another assessing body so as to be able to get an ITA for 489.
Guys, I need to know if its there's another occupation I can assess with an I have 5 years work experience in a chemical industry with a B.Eng in Chemical engineering from Futo(2012)

Thanks brothers

PM me, I would assist you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dotzok: 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hi guys,
I have HND in computer science, am I required to upload all my transcript from ND or just HND will suffice.
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2017
Kingbukaz:
@bellong @ Yeesha and others, please has anyone gotten a positive assessment with ACWA using a 4years degree from Nigeria? Occupation: Welfare center manager. Dnt know if ACWA do like Vetassess by assessing it as an Associate degree?

Hi, sorry Im just responding. Have you gotten an answer to this yet?
Hi everyone. I have been MIA since September. So sorry. so many things to sort. Work, baby, family..... Oga Bellong, hope you are great Sir? It is good to be back.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hello Guys I was discouraged from applying to australia about 2 years ago due to exchange rates.

I have a B.SC Electronic / Electrical and
M.ENg Electrical Machines and Power Systems.
I could get 3 episodes from mY bsc/ msc and also work experience but I need encouragement.

Any one got an idea how much It gonna cost to access as a professional engineer ?

Please encourage me I wanna dive in again.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by david27617: 9:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
dotzok:
Hi guys,
I have HND in computer science, am I required to upload all my transcript from ND or just HND will suffice.
Thanks
Pls, kindly upload both.Did same,got a positive outcome.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.