Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,277 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208660 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Hephziebah(f): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2017
Congratulations to those that got ITA

There is no hard and fast rule to the reference letters required, you only have to ensure that the job duties indicated reflect what is expected of the job you are nominating, as defined by the assessing bodies.

zibe:
Would anyone here that has assessed as External Auditor be kind enough to go through my drafted references? I need to be sure I got them right. Last thing I need is for CPAA to give me a negative assessment based on not aligning my references properly. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
koleefem05:
Ire o

This cracked me up. �

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2017
Some one should speak to this na.............

Guitarlife:
@Good people, bellong hows your day going.
Like you advised,I have already started preparing for my PTE and CDR.
Na you I go put all my worries on now so get prepare for plenty mentions in the days to come lol.

My question goes thus, while reviewing the Engineers Australia MSA here is what I saw

Applicants who have claimed engineering employment for more than 12 months or have based their career episode upon professional experience must provide a reference letter from the employer (reference letter on official company letterhead, stating your title/position, commencement and termination dates of employment, signed and dated by the author).

One of my career episodes is an internship of one year I had at a state government power generation plant and I was not paid.
I could make effort to get a letter headed (by state government) typed letter indicating that I had the internship at the time however will that be sufficient ?

or should I just base all my career episodes on school projects namely
(i) B.SC final year project.
(ii) M.sc Thesis
(iii) M.sc project

These thesis are actual courses with credits in my transcript so they are easily verifiable, I am bothere if I use work related activity as CDR I might be directed to provide muvh more details that I may not have access to like a reference letter et al knowing the bureaucracies of government parastatals.

I have another experience that I might want to write a CDR on but the company is defunct although I have their reference letter with me, kindly advise me on the best scenarios to use for my career episodes as I am targetting the Professional Engineers for Electrical Engineer and the maximum point I can get even with perfect pte score of 20 points is 65points.

In summary, will my decision to use wholly undergraduate project and graduate thesis affect my evaluation as a professional engineer by the Engineers Australia ?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 3:20pm On Nov 11, 2017
Guitarlife:
People would only respond to what they are sure of in order not to mislead, so patience is also needed on this journey.

You can use the internship experience to write the CDR without providing reference letter.

You can also wholly use undergraduate project and graduate thesis. The outcome depends ONLY on the quality of the CDR.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 7:34pm On Nov 11, 2017
*Latecomer* Happy 500th Page! God bless you Bellong. Thank you for everything. You have been one of my helpers in the course of destiny. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
@Guitarlife,

Zany has given you the answers you need.

@Yeeshas,

We thank God for everything.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by BigdaddyPR: 2:38am On Nov 12, 2017
rosepetraa:

He do me strong thing for MTH 201 and 202 too. (and in many other MTH courses sef) I am not sure there is anyone who had any contact with Maths dept that did not feel Layeni's heat. But, he really is a nice person.
Fortunately for me, I didn't feel the heat. God don sabi say my GPA no fit survive if any of the MTH 101,102,201,202 get accident. God had to send him on a Sabbatical of some sort, after I was done with 202, he then came back to supervise 201 and 202.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:42am On Nov 12, 2017
[quote author=BigdaddyPR post=62296889]
.. GPA no fit survive ...lol, this cracked me up fah. God just gave him assignments.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 9:42am On Nov 12, 2017
Better late than never, me sef follow celebrate our 500th page!

Congrats everyone and well done Bellong. I truly appreciate you and all who have helped one way or the other.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eammy: 10:46am On Nov 12, 2017
Hi gurus in the house,

Kindly assist in providing clarifications in the few areas below as I'm relatively new here.

I intend to be assessed as an external auditor. I have B.Sc in Accounting from University of Uyo which I understand is 10 pts. Will I earn additional points for my ICAN qualification? If yes, how many points?

Will I earn 25 or 30pts for age? I am presently 30yrs.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Memmie: 1:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
Hello All.

Please I will appreciate your advise to help me make a decision l. The thread is quite long with a lot of information, i am will reading though.

I am 32 years old (in october), single. Studied Environmental management for BSc but i have been in customer service all for 5 years.

I saw customer service manager in the SOL. I intend to write PTE and get the maximum points. My question is can my application fly even if what i studied differs from what i currently do now.

Thank yoi
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 4:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Sir Bellong, I think u commented on a 186 visa inquiry earlier so I like to ask your opinion.
Is it true one can only express interest for 186/187 visa after you have sourced for employment privately, or you can tick these sections to make your EOI available to potential employers just in case?.

Because I understand it to be the latter and not the former...

See attachments from skillselect site

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by pushy8: 10:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
koleefem05:

Thanks Mr Azy123.
I don't have problem with anzsco code relating to sales experience. AIM is the assessing body for Sales and Marketing Manager, and I meet the minimum requirement. Though I don't know if AIM will reduce my years of experience o. My problem however, is that my bachelor degree is not related to my skilled occupation. My bachelor is Agriculture, while my occupation is Sales. I've never for once practiced Agriculture. What do you advise sir?

Oga Alphadoor and others please rescue.
Thank you all

Hello, I am in the same dilemma. I am aware you for a positive assessment,please how did you go about it?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by pushy8: 11:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
pushy8:

Hello, I am in the same dilemma. I am aware you got a positive assessment,please how did you go about it?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 2:54am On Nov 13, 2017
jayooh:
Sir Bellong,

Because I understand it to be the latter and not the former...

The initial purpose was your understanding. However, it has deviated from such as you hardly see employers looking at the EOI. They prefer to recruit candidates before going through the EOI process.
Looking at a prospective candidate's EOI does no good for the company as they can't be sure you are a good fit for their company until you go through the recruitment process.

While your understanding of it is correct, it is not what is being practiced in reality. You will need a job offer to go through that stages.

In other news, it will take you having special skills not available locally for any employer to jump on EOIs.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Logictinz: 6:49am On Nov 13, 2017
Please I am interested. How do I reach you?

aaffluent:

I’m interested in the pte. What’s your contact?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by victree4: 6:56am On Nov 13, 2017
Guitarlife:

Hi @guitarlife,
Looks like we are both on the same stage and nominating the same profession, electrical engineer.
I will also use my project only to write my cdr. Email me at inusavictor@gmail.com so that we can push this together.

And house, please I need successful CDRs for electrical engineer.

And my question, can I use my ielts result for EA assessment, and the pte I'm about to write for EOI.

My lowest for the ielts was 6 which goes well for EA, but not for EOI
Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 13, 2017
pushy8:

Hello, I am in the same dilemma. I am aware you for a positive assessment,please how did you go about it?
I assessed as an Agricultural Consultant with my relative experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 13, 2017
Hello E family,

I just got a negative outcome from TRA,one of the reasons says: (TRA could not verify your employment with the above employers. You have provided telephone numbers which could not be linked to the business by TRA). Please who has had similar experience? what evidence did you use to proof that the contact is link to the company?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 13, 2017
Logictinz:
Please I am interested. How do I reach you?

For PTE, get in touch with @spyroxy1

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dikachi12: 9:35am On Nov 13, 2017
Plz house wat is the current price of registering for PTE exam
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 13, 2017
Dikachi12:
Plz house wat is the current price of registering for PTE exam
The voucher is around 52k
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 13, 2017
victree4:

Hi @guitarlife,
Looks like we are both on the same stage and nominating the same profession, electrical engineer.
I will also use my project only to write my cdr. Email me at inusavictor@gmail.com so that we can push this together.

And house, please I need successful CDRs for electrical engineer.

And my question, can I use my ielts result for EA assessment, and the pte I'm about to write for EOI.

My lowest for the ielts was 6 which goes well for EA, but not for EOI
Thanks.

I have sent you a mail of my whatsap. Please chat me
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 11:36am On Nov 13, 2017
I have come come again to say thank you. To the glory of God, I just got my admission for Masters of Social Works (Qualifying) from the University of Sydney this morning as a domestic student. If I didn't find this thread, I probably won't be here saying this today. First semester commences in March 2018. I am grateful to God and I am thankful to Bellong and everyone here doing a great job to help other people. Thank you and God bless!

17 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:51am On Nov 13, 2017
@Yeeshas,

You don't want to practice psychology?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by korlahwarleh: 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
korlahwarleh:
Good afternoon everyone. I am about to submit my CDR for EA assessment but I need to get some things straight first.
I just started working officially about a year ago, however, I have been an intern with the same company before being fully employed. Two of my episodes are based on my internship projects/works while the last one is based on projects carried out as a full time worker. So, for the assessment I have my transcript, certificate, letter of verification from my employer, appointment letter, payslip for four months (although they're in black and white), Tax certificate and English result. I also have my letter of appointment for the internship, but i do not have payslip from those periods hence it's not reflected in my tax certificate. My questions are;

1. Are these documents okay? can there be anything like surplus documents?
2. According to EA, they said evidence of employment is not needed for internship, so should i exclude the internship appointment letter, considering the fact that I'm opting for the normal assessment (i. e experience is not assessed)?
3. I intend to use my PTE exam also for the assessment, should i just upload the test result?
4. Finally, concerning payment, what is the best payment mode?
Thanks

Please someone should help me out with this. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
bellong:
@Yeeshas,

You don't want to practice psychology?

So I tried severally to apply for Clinical Psychology but my grades did not meet up with many of them and since my interest is really in Mental health, I found the Social Worker course in this Uni that allows me specialize in Mental health and I thought why not? So I decided to go for it.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yeeshas: 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
Do you think I should try again? @Bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2017
korlahwarleh:
Please someone should help me out with this. Thanks.

1. Are these documents okay? can there be anything like surplus documents? Those docs are OK
2. According to EA, they said evidence of employment is not needed for internship, so should i exclude the internship appointment letter, considering the fact that I'm opting for the normal assessment (i. e experience is not assessed)? You don't have to include the internship letter.
3. I intend to use my PTE exam also for the assessment, should i just upload the test result? You can upload the PDF copy of the test result or send it directly to EA from Pearson's website.
4. Finally, concerning payment, what is the best payment mode? You can use GTB master card. It doesn't have to be a dollar card.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Phlunter01: 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2017
Yeeshas:
I have come come again to say thank you. To the glory of God, I just got my admission for Masters of Social Works (Qualifying) from the University of Sydney this morning as a domestic student. If I didn't find this thread, I probably won't be here saying this today. First semester commences in March 2018. I am grateful to God and I am thankful to Bellong and everyone here doing a great job to help other people. Thank you and God bless!
Congrats sis

Please let me send you a pm oh. I have been applying to schools for the exact same course
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Phlunter01: 1:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
Phlunter01:

Congrats sis

Please let me send you a pm oh. I have been applying to schools for the exact same course
I sha knew that one day I will proclaim my feggo connection
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2017
Misoke:
I give glory to God...Make una follow me thank him!!

(20 points mi ti pe cool ..I updated my EOI sharply, withdrew the 190 for Vic and the seperate EOI for Tasmania(dont ask me why i had up to 3 EOI cos the hustle was real)...anyway i left NSW cos it was too busy at work for me, will do that later.

Congrats Misoke!

Please, how come you have three EOIs? Are they based on three different EOI IDs? I know there is a provision where one can check more than one visa class, was this how you did yours?

I have filled up mine, and checked 189 and 190. I only need to update my assessment outcome when it's out, before submitting.

I want to believe you checked three visa classes to have three EOI.

Please, kindly explain better if I am wrong, so I can sharply make corrections.

Thanks a bunch!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.