Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (534) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1211394 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dgovernor88: 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2017
[quote author=elothaddi post=63592698]That your 200k or 60k will be gone before you know it. Shine your eyes oo. Like Zany stated, read from Page 0 to 10 and then ask specific questions.

Thank you so much I really appreciate your concern towards me kudos bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Dgovernor88: 6:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
zanyzara:

This thread is do it yourself thread and I believe you can do it yourself too. Over 50 people and still counting have done it on this thread.
Read page 0 of this thread to get started and ask questions/clarifications afterwards. People would be willing to assist you after you have made efforts yourself.

Zany.

thank you so much zany you're such a wonderful guy God bless you for the encouragement kudos ones more.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 7:46am On Dec 27, 2017
Dear All,

Kindly assist. ACS assessed my BSC in Electronics/Computer Engineering LASU (5 Year course) as associate degree major in computing. I thought 5 years courses are always reviewed as Degree and not associate.

Has anyone that has studied this course being assessed by ACS?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dbobs: 10:18am On Dec 27, 2017
@webmaster3,

how long did the assessment process take and how many years experience was deducted?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 10:33am On Dec 27, 2017
webmaster3:
Dear All,

Kindly assist. ACS assessed my BSC in Electronics/Computer Engineering LASU (5 Year course) as associate degree major in computing. I thought 5 years courses are always reviewed as Degree and not associate.

5 year courses are accessed as BSc if your Uni is a Tier 2 Uni. I'm not sure what Lasu is, but if you find out its a tier 2 Uni. U can reply the mail that was sent and ask why.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 11:04am On Dec 27, 2017
sellydion:
Please is it possible for me to apply for immigratn to Australia?

1. Work as ownership of a franchise biz for the past 8 years

2. Read accountancy but has been doing this juice and Natural bar biz

I run as owner with about 8 staff, How do I get about it?

Hey!
I believe you can apply customer service manager. Therefore, if others agree with me you can file in for assessment with VETASSESS and then align your experience with that of the ANZcode duties. that should do it. Also, get all the necessary documents available and hope your business is registered?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 11:50am On Dec 27, 2017
dbobs:
@webmaster3,

how long did the assessment process take and how many years experience was deducted?

Submitted NOV 3rd and got result on Thursday DEC 21st. 6 Years was deducted and thats why i need to know why that amount of years was deducted as well as the associate degree for a 5years course
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dbobs: 11:57am On Dec 27, 2017
6 years is a whole lot.
I submitted Dec 6th still awaiting the outcome
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2017
trastar:

5 year courses are accessed as BSc if your Uni is a Tier 2 Uni. I'm not sure what Lasu is, but if you find out its a tier 2 Uni. U can reply the mail that was sent and ask why.

How do i get to know Tier 2 universities. I have googled with no good result. Would replying ACS email be productive? i was thinking of going through the appeal route with ACS as 6 years experience was also deducted as well as the associate degree issue and the application was not RPL. Also Note that non of my 8Years+ experience was flagged as non-related to my chosen ANZSCO code.

Can i get your email to discuss further on the steps to take?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by donkafor(m): 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2017
Greetings,

For Engineers in house who assessed via EA, I plan accessing as a Professional Mechanical Engineer in January. For someone assessing only qualification and not work experience, do reference letter matter. My 2 Career Episode will be based on the work though. I have appointment letter, resignation letter, payslips, acceptance of resignation, appraisal letter.

Also, I have 2 years 10 months verifiable work experience before I resigned. The other work experience is not verifiable as I am not in contact with them and not around now. Can anything fly here?

Your help will be greatly valued and appreciated.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 12:48pm On Dec 27, 2017
webmaster3:

How do i get to know Tier 2 universities. I have googled with no good result. Would replying ACS email be productive? i was thinking of going through the appeal route with ACS as 6 years experience was also deducted as well as the associate degree issue and the application was not RPL. Also Note that non of my 8Years+ experience was flagged as non-related to my chosen ANZSCO code.

Can i get your email to discuss further on the steps to take?

If your degree is assessed as an associate degree by ACS, 6 years would be deducted from your years of experience.
You see, all IT occupations except Web administrator is a Skill level one occupation. You need the equivalent of a BSc to be eligible to apply for skill level one occupations. However, if you do not have a Bsc, years of experience will be deducted to make up by ACS.

This is broken down on a document on their site called "summary of criteria".
(Aqf diploma-ICT major-closely related/not closely related= 5/6 years of experience).
No point appealing for the years of experience deduction.

However, Someone on this thread has access to the information on University Rankings and I'm almost certain someone here has asked what TIER Lasu is and he responded with Tier 2. So I agree with u needing to ask what happened with the degree part.

Which is why I am saying respond with a mail to ACS. They will reply and tell you why your degree was accessed as an AQF. It's a faster way to get an explanation. If you aren't satisfied, then appeal..

But they'd always reply your mail..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Joyfree: 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2017
Pls can anyone help with immigration agent number in Abuja. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2017
trastar:

If your degree is assessed as an associate degree by ACS, 6 years would be deducted from your years of experience.
You see, all IT occupations except Web administrator is a Skill level one occupation. You need the equivalent of a BSc to be eligible to apply for skill level one occupations. However, if you do not have a Bsc, years of experience will be deducted to make up by ACS.

This is broken down on a document on their site called "summary of criteria".
(Aqf diploma-ICT major-closely related/not closely related= 5/6 years of experience).
No point appealing for the years of experience deduction.

However, Someone on this thread has access to the information on University Rankings and I'm almost certain someone here has asked what TIER Lasu is and he responded with Tier 2. So I agree with u needing to ask what happened with the degree part.

Which is why I am saying respond with a mail to ACS. They will reply and tell you why your degree was accessed as an AQF. It's a faster way to get an explanation. If you aren't satisfied, then appeal..

But they'd always reply your mail..

Thanks, i have sent them an email to explain. I appreciate your assistance/response
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2017
donkafor:
Greetings,

For Engineers in house who assessed via EA, I plan accessing as a Professional Mechanical Engineer in January. For someone assessing only qualification and not work experience, do reference letter matter. My 2 Career Episode will be based on the work though. I have appointment letter, resignation letter, payslips, acceptance of resignation, appraisal letter.

Also, I have 2 years 10 months verifiable work experience before I resigned. The other work experience is not verifiable as I am not in contact with them and not around now. Can anything fly here?

Your help will be greatly valued and appreciated.
Since your CDR is based on professional experience, you need to provide reference letter whether you assess work experience or not. If you can get reference letter better, if not, you can include letter of explanation and attach all the documents that you have.

I don't really get your second question.

Whatever you do or claim, be ready to provide verifiable evidence as you might be asked.

Zany.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by donkafor(m): 2:09pm On Dec 27, 2017
Thank you Zany!
zanyzara:
Since your CDR is based on professional experience, you need to provide reference letter whether you assess work experience or not. If you can get reference letter better, if not, you can include letter of explanation and attach all the documents that you have.

I don't really get your second question.

Whatever you do or claim, be ready to provide verifiable evidence as you might be asked.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nikkyadet: 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2017
Thank you Spyroxy 1 for the PTE mock test kits and the guidance.. �.. Was really helpful..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Funnyguy83: 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 3:08pm On Dec 27, 2017
stepo707:

So someone can get 489 visa easily with 60points?

With 50 points even, as you will get 10 point from the state sponsoring you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tuteso: 3:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
@webmaster3,

Did you add the course outline with your application or just transcript?

Please ensure you send them a lengthy mail on why your 5 year course is not associate degree.

All the best

webmaster3:

Thanks, i have sent them an email to explain. I appreciate your assistance/response
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tuteso: 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2017
Please do we have anyone that assessed this occupation before? probably someone with accounting.

Financial Investment Adviser (ANZSCO Code 222311)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Princelye: 5:15pm On Dec 27, 2017
Dear Seniors,

I Intend to prepare and submit my EOI by February 2018. I need your expert advise. I am married with 3 children. My Wifes niece lives with us (shes 13yrs old and Legally adopted by my wifes eldest sis) Will her application be complex as that's what I'm trying to avoid(Complexities).

Cheers

Prince
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
Eladua:

With 50 points even, as you will get 10 point from the state sponsoring you.
Please for those that have assessed with TRA, can you share tips of the documents that you shared with them so I don't miss out on the details.
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Fizzywah(m): 8:14pm On Dec 27, 2017
webmaster3:
Dear All,

If it helps I studied Computer Engineering and was assessed by ACS. Got 15 points for education and in my assessment feedback this was the part of the summary by ACS:

Your Bachelor of Technology in Computer Engineering from school has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor degree with a Major in Computing.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 8:20pm On Dec 27, 2017
Fizzywah:

If it helps I studied Computer Engineering and was assessed by ACS. Got 15 points for education and in my assessment feedback this was the part of the summary by ACS:

Your Bachelor of Technology in Computer Engineering from school has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor degree with a Major in Computing.

What school?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 8:21pm On Dec 27, 2017
Tuteso:
@webmaster3,

Did you add the course outline with your application or just transcript?

Please ensure you send them a lengthy mail on why your 5 year course is not associate degree.

All the best

Do people send course outline for assessment?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Fizzywah(m): 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
trastar:

What school?

Rivers State University of Science & Technology.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yettyRoot(f): 8:48pm On Dec 27, 2017
I just got to know ACS doesn't require an English test for their skills assessment. I prefer to take IELTS or TOEFL to increase my points rather than PTE since both can be used outside of Australia. Is there anyone here who has used either TOEFL/IELTS for their visa application?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 9:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
webmaster3:
Dear All,

I could remember you had direct entry, did you attach your OND transcript as earlier suggested?

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 9:29pm On Dec 27, 2017
yettyRoot:
I just got to know ACS doesn't require an English test for their skills assessment. I prefer to take IELTS or TOEFL to increase my points rather than PTE since both can be used outside of Australia. Is there anyone here who has used either TOEFL/IELTS for their visa application?
Yes you can use TOEFL/IELTS. Most people opted for PTE because they find it easier to get 20 points from it compared to others.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 9:38pm On Dec 27, 2017
zanyzara:
I could remember you had direct entry, did you attach your OND transcript as earlier suggested?

Zany.
Oh yes I sure did attach my OND cert.. I have sent them(ACS) an email on this but got auto reply from them that they are on break till Jan 8th. Will send them another email as soon as they resume. Guess they might not understand Direct Entry
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 9:41pm On Dec 27, 2017
webmaster3:

Oh yes I sure did attach my OND cert.. I have sent them(ACS) an email on this but got auto reply from them that they are on break till Jan 8th. Will send them another email as soon as they resume. Guess they might not understand Direct Entry
Maybe they didn't see the transcript. Let's wait till 8th then.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 10:16pm On Dec 27, 2017
Princelye:
Dear Seniors,

I Intend to prepare and submit my EOI by February 2018. I need your expert advise. I am married with 3 children. My Wifes niece lives with us (shes 13yrs old and Legally adopted by my wifes eldest sis) Will her application be complex as that's what I'm trying to avoid(Complexities).

Cheers

Prince
You cannot include your wife's niece adopted by her eldest sister. See conditions for adding additional family member here

Wait for more comments oooo.

Zany.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.