Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1204250 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lakola: 4:35am On Feb 23, 2018
00francis, timikenzo, martinonline thank you all very much. God bless you all

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 5:07am On Feb 23, 2018
Hmmmm, really?
I didn't think so as I visit regularly wink
The Likes on most comments have me written all over...
I read your progress report as well.
Fingers crossed, we are expect to celebrate the bomb soon.
I'm sure you're good overall.

mamajaz:

Long time bro.
I have an assignment for you oh.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ThundrCork(m): 6:06am On Feb 23, 2018
What if spous is not coming for now. Is it still compulsory to provide proof of English?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zibe(m): 8:19am On Feb 23, 2018
area74:

@ZIBE

Is it possible for you to make use of the Associate Degree while still claiming points for your work experience or was it expressly stated in the Assessment Report that you cannot use the Associate Degree equivalence? You will only lose 5 points and get 10 points for "other award recognised by assessing authority". Someone here shared a story that he got a grant with an assessment outcome that read Associate Degree though not accountant.

Could you please share the exact words from the assessment outcome? So far, I have been moving progressively with the Canadian PR but my heart is with the Aussie.

Thank you.

I'm not yet sure if this would be possible. I understand that Auditors/Accountants need their qualifications to be comparable to a Bsc for migration purpose. Please see the attcached results I got. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zibe(m): 8:22am On Feb 23, 2018
toslad:
I am not sure if assessing with CA ANZ will make any difference. I assessed with them and my ICAN wasn't considered but my first degree was assessed as equivalent to Australian BA. I will just advise that you go through your school's syllabus and CA ANZ website to be sure the courses you did are in sync with those required.

Truly, I feel for we Accountants/Auditors but if you can afford it, a shot at Canada won't be a bad idea as Accountants are in 'demand' there.

It is well.

Sigh. I submitted syllabus o and made sure to check that the courses were in sync with what is on their website.

Just don't wanna gamble with another assessment if it'll bring up the same result.

Thank you for the input.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by area74: 11:03am On Feb 23, 2018
zibe:

I'm not yet sure if this would be possible. I understand that Auditors/Accountants need their qualifications to be comparable to a Bsc for migration purpose. Please see the attcached results I got. Thanks

@ZIBE,

From what I read in the result, there is no harm in creating an expression of interest with the Associate Degree. Leave DIBP to use its discretion to verify your work experience.

The guy I told you about was expected to hold at least a Bachelor Degree based on the ANZCO code for his occupation. Today, he has a grant.

Since you have all the documents ready to create EOI, do it and leave the rest to fate. But, remember to select "other award recognised by the assessing authority" in the skillselect.

Just my advice.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zibe(m): 11:58am On Feb 23, 2018
area74:

@ZIBE,

From what I read in the result, there is no harm in creating an expression of interest with the Associate Degree. Leave DIBP to use its discretion to verify your work experience.

The guy I told you about was expected to hold at least a Bachelor Degree based on the ANZCO code for his occupation. Today, he has a grant.

Since you have all the documents ready to create EOI, do it and leave the rest to fate. But, remember to select "other award recognised by the assessing authority" in the skillselect.

Just my advice.

Thank you

Hmm. Thank you... in trhat case they'd be no need submitting the experience assessment outcome if they call for it?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by area74: 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2018
zibe:

Hmm. Thank you... in trhat case they'd be no need submitting the experience assessment outcome if they call for it?

Yes. Experience assessment is not compulsory. DIBP will verify your work experience claim with relevant supporting documents.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zibe(m): 1:06pm On Feb 23, 2018
area74:

Yes. Experience assessment is not compulsory. DIBP will verify your work experience claim with relevant supporting documents.

Thanks a lot. One more thing: In this case would the "other degree recognised by assessing body" refer to the ICAN or UNN degree they've assessed as Associate Degree? Thanks a lot.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
afojibola:
Hello house......my waiting is over...I got 189 visa grant

Congratulations bro and AMEN!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Widall: 1:22pm On Feb 23, 2018
Respect to all the gurus in this thread. May the Lord reward u guys abundantly for ur selfless services u render on this thread.

I am a young medical lab scientist wishing to migrate to Australia. i understand that our assessing board in Aussie assess medical lab scientists (MLS) from Nigeria as medical lab technicians (MLT). I wish to apply under the 189 visa subclass which does not require POF as i dont have enough fund in my account. My challenge now is the occupation MLT is no longer on 189. though MLS is still on 189.
Which visa type should I apply to that wont require POF.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by area74: 1:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
zibe:

Thanks a lot. One more thing: In this case would the "other degree recognised by assessing body" refer to the ICAN or UNN degree they've assessed as Associate Degree? Thanks a lot.

UNN degree. It is a hard choice that you have to make. Either 10 points for Associate Degree with the opportunity to claim points for work experience or 15 points for ICAN but without work experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 2:31pm On Feb 23, 2018
FabulousAutos:

Still waiting for responses

You need to actually state what u do in the oil and gas sector for anyone to be able to give a reasonable response.
You can also look through the LISTs to see if occupation is close to what you do.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
catchdwind4rmkd:
You were wrongly told mate.

seriously wrongly told..throw those gists away and go get it!

You can do it
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nitrogen(m): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hi People, all these assessment wahala, what do you guys think about a B-Tech Accounting degree from Lautech (5-years)? Also, for partner skills assessment, I heard it is necessary for one's partner to write IELTS, be under 45 and assess his/her qualifications. Abeg, is it just his or her qualification that needs to be assessed or it must include skills?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2018
mumzt:
Good afternoon house, so a few days ago, I was playing around state nominations and filled EOI for state nominations, I just assumed it takes a while to come through. I filled for victoria.

Got an email this morning for victoria nominations shocked shocked shocked . We've been give 7 days to submit result of the EA assessment, which we don't have yet. We did priority assessment and today makes the 15th working day after submission. So almost certain we can't meet up with the 7 days to submit assessment report.

I hope this hasn't jeopardised anything. Though the email says if we don't submit in 7 days we'll need to put in another application.

Just a bit nervous.

I've heard people doing this but I actually didn't believe it. EOI is a serious part of the process, why would you play around with it? Nobody can say for sure whether this will affect your future EOI.
I know the only reason why it's sweet to "play around" with EOI Na cos e free. If its 200aud now..everyone will let it be until you have all you need.

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mumzt: 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
trastar:

I've heard people doing this but I actually didn't believe it. EOI is a serious part of the process, why would you play around with it? Nobody can say for sure whether this will affect your future EOI.
I know the only reason why it's sweet to "play around" with EOI Na cos e free. If its 200aud now..everyone will let it be until you have all you need.

Yea my bad.

Luckily, my husband responded to the email and got a good response back. Thank God for that. The EOI was for victoria nominations and he selected that he hadn't done his assessment yet so I guess that made the difference.
Just to wait and pray for positive assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Zianluv234: 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2018
Pls how do I contact olalekankad. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mannimakerjnr: 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2018
Congrats Bro

afojibola:
Hello house......my waiting is over...I got 189 visa grant on 19th of Feb for my self,wife,and two children....I will provide timeline later.....I bless God.....all those waiting ur own grants will come soon in IJN......
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2018
Azy123 and Alphadoor please I know you are very busy persons and I'm so sorry to add to your stress but pleaseee kindly reply my mail/chats when you have the time.

Thanks a lot.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nitrogen(m): 10:47pm On Feb 23, 2018
nitrogen:
Hi People, all these assessment wahala, what do you guys think about a B-Tech Accounting degree from Lautech (5-years)? Also, for partner skills assessment, I heard it is necessary for one's partner to write IELTS, be under 45 and assess his/her qualifications. Abeg, is it just his or her qualification that needs to be assessed or it must include skills?
E joor, epp me!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by DIOVINI: 2:48am On Feb 24, 2018
Hello,
I'm a little bit confused on how to send my university transcript to EA. My university only issues student's transcript to individuals. Do I scan the student's transcript and send to EA through myportal or does EA require that the University sends the transcripts themselves? I have IELTS( writing=7, speaking=6.5, listening=6.5, reading=cool. I'm currently working as an Instrument operations and maintenance Engineer with 4years experience and also have more than 6years experience as an Electrical Engineer. Hope I'm qualified to be assessed? I'm currently in Nigeria. Please do confirm if the assessment fee is AUD$1,085.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 24, 2018
Morning House.
A very cold weather from God’s own state this morning. Wishing us all the blessing it brings.
@priceless25 and @joslight, koleefem needs your attention please as regards NT 489 or anyone who has gotten their nomination. Thanks �
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zibe(m): 8:41am On Feb 24, 2018
area74:

UNN degree. It is a hard choice that you have to make. Either 10 points for Associate Degree with the opportunity to claim points for work experience or 15 points for ICAN but without work experience.

Hi. Please I sent you a pm. Kindly respond. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bellacious: 11:42am On Feb 24, 2018
koleefem05:
Morning House.
A very cold weather from God’s own state this morning. Wishing us all the blessing it brings.
Are you from Abia State?

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KellaKella(f): 11:46am On Feb 24, 2018
Please assist me too @sammywe @bellong.
I'm in Nigeria and I want to apply for Australia PR. I just need someone to coach me. I'm a mom of twins.. Biko ejoor help me on how to start.

Congrats bro... Please, I will appreciate the gesture if you can be kind enough to help me with you CDR format and career episodes. My email is
fenusn@gmail.com

Thanks. [/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KellaKella(f): 11:56am On Feb 24, 2018
@Vinsmuft please I need to contact you. Kindly let me have your whatsapp number or email address. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KellaKella(f): 11:59am On Feb 24, 2018
@Vinsmuft please I need to contact you. Kindly let me have your whatsapp number or email address. Thanks alot
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by denbaba: 1:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
Widall:
Respect to all the gurus in this thread. May the Lord reward u guys abundantly for ur selfless services u render on this thread.

I am a young medical lab scientist wishing to migrate to Australia. i understand that our assessing board in Aussie assess medical lab scientists (MLS) from Nigeria as medical lab technicians (MLT). I wish to apply under the 189 visa subclass which does not require POF as i dont have enough fund in my account. My challenge now is the occupation MLT is no longer on 189. though MLS is still on 189.
Which visa type should I apply to that wont require POF.
I'm interested in this too
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bornlegend: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2018
nitrogen:

E joor, epp me!
Skill is not necessary for spouse. Just qualification will do.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
I live and work in Abia
Bellacious:

Are you from Abia State?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
OOU (OSU)

area74:

@TOSLAD,

Which school did you graduated from in Nigeria? The Australian PR journey has really put out a lot of accountants just like me. I await your response.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.