Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1209031 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:41am On Sep 16, 2016
@CottyEkundayo,

I don't think there is anywhere EA asked for certificate. Even if it is required, to whom it may concern letter from the school would have done the trick. What you need is your transcript which doesn't require convocation to collect.

Now you have to pay thousands of dollars for something you can get for less and better.

@Mikol,

Jukeblam gave you an appropriate response. Nothing to add.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:45am On Sep 16, 2016
For those sending PM and asking general questions already answered here, you are not helping yourself nor being considerate of other people's time.

I wouldn't respond to any PM from henceforth. If you have a question, ask it here, if it is something I believe should be discussed privately, I will send the PM.

I can't help anyone to resolve his/her specific situation or challenge. This is a voluntary service, I can only help you with general counsel. If you want a tailor made solution, then you will pay for the time.

11 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nickoko: 3:53am On Sep 16, 2016
Good morning gurus,
Somebody told me few minutes ago that one get fill the assessment and EOI form with part time education for his B. sc and or M. sc to claim points on his/her working experience. i e if I did a part time B.sc for like 6yrs and was doing a full time job during the same period, I can claim between 6-4 working experience.
Please, how true is that statement?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nickoko: 4:10am On Sep 16, 2016
Below is the person respond
"To answer your question, I will start with this question: do work experiences have to match academic qualifications? I think the answer is NO as I am yet to see any rule on DIPB website that says your primary skill must match your academic qualifications. Kindly correct me if I am wrong. Therefore, is it possible for me to be working part time under a particular, say as Head Customer Service, while studying for my MSc. in Engineering part time in Uni? Very possible. If I had worked as Head Customer Service for 6 years which I can translate to 3 years as full time job, can I claim 3 year full time work experience? I think so. Can I claim MSc. as my academic qualification? I think so too. Even if the job and the course are the same , I don't think it should be a problem. As in most developed countries, university studies are sometimes afterthought. A lot of people would have reached almost the peak of their careers before deciding to go and study. There are apprenticeship schemes which allow people to learn on the job without any serious qualifications. You will even see someone that never stepped the walls of any universities interviewing a PhD holder cos of his no of years of experience. If such person decides to get BSc. after then, does that mean his years of experience will not count? I don't think so On the other hand, if the work is full time and studying is part time, I don't see why that should be an issue at all. You should be able to claim points for both job experience and education
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 4:14am On Sep 16, 2016
Nickoko:
Good morning gurus,
Somebody told me few minutes ago that one get fill the assessment and EOI form with part time education for his B. sc and or M. sc to claim points on his/her working experience. i e if I did a part time B.sc for like 6yrs and was doing a full time job during the same period, I can claim between 6-4 working experience.
Please, how true is that statement?

Don't try it! Experience has to be POST qualification.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yoctek: 6:53am On Sep 16, 2016
bellong:
@CottyEkundayo,
I don't think there is anywhere EA asked for certificate. Even if it is required, to whom it may concern letter from the school would have done the trick. What you need is your transcript which doesn't require convocation to collect.
Now you have to pay thousands of dollars for something you can get for less and better.
@Mikol,

@ bellong, EA actually requests for Original degree certificates. Below is a quote from the MSA booklet.

"Academic degree certificate (a letter of completion
will only be accepted as a substitute before
graduation and only for Australian qualifications)"

My MSc certificate is not ready and I was wondering if I could include the qualification (MSc) in my application. I sent an email to EA, requesting to know if I could use a combination of "notification of result" and transcript. The response I got was in the negative! The assessment officer that responded to my enquiries replied with the above quotation.

Please, has any Engr. on this thread gotten a +ve assessment from EA using a notification/statement of result?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udz: 9:32am On Sep 16, 2016
yoctek:

@ bellong, EA actually requests for Original degree certificates. Below is a quote from the MSA booklet.

"Academic degree certificate (a letter of completion
will only be accepted as a substitute before
graduation and only for Australian qualifications)"

My MSc certificate is not ready and I was wondering if I could include the qualification (MSc) in my application. I sent an email to EA, requesting to know if I could use a combination of "notification of result" and transcript. The response I got was in the negative! The assessment officer that responded to my enquiries replied with the above quotation.

Please, has any Engr. on this thread gotten a +ve assessment from EA using a notification/statement of result?

statement of result will do
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bumpypat(m): 10:07am On Sep 16, 2016
Please guys is it a must EA assessment will b needing a transcript?..because my school doesnt gve transcript to individuals,they only send it to d school or organisation...how do i go abt d transcript thing?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 16, 2016
Nickoko:
Below is the person respond

"To answer your question, I will start with this question: do
work experiences have to match academic qualifications?
I think the answer is NO as I am yet to see any rule on DIPB
website that says your primary skill must match your
academic qualifications. Kindly correct me if I am wrong.
Therefore, is it possible for me to be working part time
under a particular, say as Head Customer Service, while
studying for my MSc. in Engineering part time in Uni? Very
possible. If I had worked as Head Customer Service for 6
years which I can translate to 3 years as full time job, can
I claim 3 year full time work experience? I think so. Can I
claim MSc. as my academic qualification? I think so too.
Even if the job and the course are the same , I
don't think it should be a problem. As in most developed
countries, university studies are sometimes afterthought.
A lot of people would have reached almost the peak of
their careers before deciding to go and study. There are
apprenticeship schemes which allow people to learn on
the job without any serious qualifications. You will even
see someone that never stepped the walls of any
universities interviewing a PhD holder cos of his no of
years of experience. If such person decides to get BSc.
after then, does that mean his years of experience will not
count? I don't think so
On the other hand, if the work is full time and studying is
part time, I don't see why that should be an issue at all.
You should be able to claim points for both job experience
and education
the person is just being sentiment. all you required are stated in clear and unambiguous term on their website.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bumpypat(m): 10:23am On Sep 16, 2016
Am asking cus d transcript is nt one of d documents marked in red as a MUST...thanks for u response so far
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Esty4eva: 11:01am On Sep 16, 2016
@ Oga Bellong God bless you real good for your good work and your time to respond, i am sorry to still ask, can i still apply for another occupation to be assessed by VETASSES for now or i should give them more time before sumiting another application as i believe they still have the documents i used for the last one. Remain blessed
bellong:
@Esty4eva,

I may disagree with VETASSES on equating your bachelor degree to an associate degree but I can't fault them on giving you negative assessment for your work experience.

Your work experience has no correlation with the occupation you chose. ACWA Is the second body assessing the occupation you chose, I am not sure if you can get positive assessment from them because your skills are different from the occupations' description.

I am sorry, I can't help you choose an occupation, that is for you to do.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
bellong:
@CottyEkundayo,

@Mikol,

Bros, I have been here before. They really need the cert and not a provisional, like. Notification.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 1:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
mctowel01:

Bro... Hw fr..
Its not too late at all. Its even advisable to start now as there is no guarantee after the masters that the course will still be on the SOL. The only advantage of the masters is 5points which you might not need if you do your analysis well.
I am just hopeful it isn't removed before this time next year.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 2:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

I am just hopeful it isn't removed before this time next year.
Well, none of us can unequivocally tell, but predicting from the past trends, i think many occupations have been flagged on the SOL for some years and its reasonable to suggest that petroleum and mining Engineering were removed for global economic reasons. Optimistically, i believe it might not be removed.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sesal: 7:25pm On Sep 16, 2016
Dear all,

Please i have a question. I have applied for the Victoria State nomination. However, I didnt include reference from my current employer in my skill assessment by ACS but i included it in my EOI. My question is what is the implication of this if i get ITA?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
Did you get a positive from ACS? Yes! Then the letter is no issue. The letter doesn't affect any claim you made to ACS, for eg years of experience. if the place is your place of current employment, it is your place of current employment, letter or no letter. If ACS needed it as a proof, they would have asked for it..
sesal:
Dear all,

Please i have a question. I have applied for the Victoria State nomination. However, I didnt include reference from my current employer in my skill assessment by ACS but i included it in my EOI. My question is what is the implication of this if i get ITA?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sesal: 8:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ifexsco:
Did you get a positive from ACS? Yes! Then the letter is no issue. The letter doesn't affect any claim you made to ACS, for eg years of experience. if the place is your place of current employment, it is your place of current employment, letter or no letter. If ACS needed it as a proof, they would have asked for it..

The result from ACS is suitable. But the issue is that i included my current employment in the EOI and it added to my total points. Could this be an issue when lodging visa application?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2016
You should be fine..... "Less" earned you a positive with ACS. DIBP requires you to provide proof/documents to show you possess what you claimed in your EOI. If you can do that DIBP is satisfied.
sesal:

The result from ACS is suitable. But the issue is that i included my current employment in the EOI and it added to my total points. Could this be an issue when lodging visa application?

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sesal: 9:57pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ifexsco:
You should be fine..... "Less" earned you a positive with ACS. DIBP requires you to provide proof/documents to show you possess what you claimed in your EOI. If you can do that DIBP is satisfied.

ooh good then.
Thank you very much.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yoctek: 11:04pm On Sep 16, 2016
udz:

statement of result will do

Thanks @udz

But if I may ask, did you make use of "statement of result" or know of anyone who did?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 3:06am On Sep 17, 2016
mctowel01:

Well, none of us can unequivocally tell, but predicting from the past trends, i think many occupations have been flagged on the SOL for some years and its reasonable to suggest that petroleum and mining Engineering were removed for global economic reasons. Optimistically, i personally believe it might not be removed.

Let's keep HOPE alive. Anyone with link for PTE materials?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 5:50am On Sep 17, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

Let's keep HOPE alive. Anyone with link for PTE materials?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfqxurrvza11hp0/PTE%20MATERIAL.zip?dl=0
and
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9yzvt8ejj0udqy/Offline%20Practice%20Test.zip?dl=0

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 17, 2016
yoctek:

Thanks @udz

But if I may ask, did you make use of "statement of result" or know of anyone who did?
EA demands for Certificate and not Statement of result and thats a fact. I also mailed then and I was told same.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sesal: 8:38am On Sep 17, 2016
Hello all. I will appreciate a clarification on this. I had my assessment done as suitable by ACS. It was stated that my employment from April 2010 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and ANZSCO Code. However, i was in a particular employment between June 2008 and September 2012. How do i fill this in my EOI?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:13am On Sep 17, 2016
sesal:
Hello all. I will appreciate a clarification on this. I had my assessment done as suitable by ACS. It was stated that my employment from April 2010 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and ANZSCO Code. However, i was in a particular employment between June 2008 and September 2012. How do i fill this in my EOI?

Fill them as not relevant from 2008 to the point ACS accepted it
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sesal: 9:30am On Sep 17, 2016
bellong:

Fill them as not relevant from 2008 to the point ACS accepted it
Thanks for the quick response. Does that mean that i will have to split that employment between 2008 and 2012 into two? one part not relevant and the other relevant?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bumpypat(m): 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2016
Please guys which format will d documents be sent to EA?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 4:49pm On Sep 17, 2016
mctowel01:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfqxurrvza11hp0/PTE%20MATERIAL.zip?dl=0
and
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9yzvt8ejj0udqy/Offline%20Practice%20Test.zip?dl=0
Thanks. I appreciate you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tunatebabe: 3:47am On Sep 18, 2016
Good day to all the orgasm in the house.
Please I would like your advise. Am to write my cdr. But I want to apply for both on my qualification I. E my project work and IT and also my work experience. In oda to get experience points. Because I ve ova eight years working experience. But my concern is that, the experience I have is not related to my nominated occupation. But I am a mechanical engineer. And I nominated mechanical engineering Draft person. Please how do I go about it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tunatebabe: 4:10am On Sep 18, 2016
Good day to all the Gurus in the house.
Please I would like your advise. Am to write my cdr. But I want to apply for both on my qualification I. E my project work and IT and also my work experience. In other to get experience points. Because I ve ova eight years working experience. But my concern is that, the experience I have is not related to my nominated occupation. But I am a mechanical engineer. And I nominated mechanical engineering Draft person. Please how do I go about it.

Please I nid your urgent reply. thanks and God bless
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 5:09am On Sep 18, 2016
Greetings everyone, Please what is career episodes and CDR. I will appreciate a good explanation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ifexsco: 5:26am On Sep 18, 2016
You are to write 3 episodes; reports for 3 workplace or school projects/jobs which you have done or participated in. These projects must be in the area of the occupation you are being assessed for. See MSA booklet on EA website for the required content for each episode, eg the organogram for the project, what you duties were, who and how you related with others on the project, a description of what the project is about, etc. You have to provide evidence like employment lettet and the likes.
Cottyekundayo:

Greetings everyone, Please what is career episodes and CDR. I will appreciate a good explanation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.