Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,995 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207763 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
Remtol,

Why not use CA?

Some accountants earlier advised it is better. I don't know if you will be positively assessed but if you have all the courses in your transcript, I think you stand a fair chance with the MBA.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Remtol: 11:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
bellong:
Remtol,

Why not use CA?

Some accountants earlier advised it is better. I don't know if you will be positively assessed but if you have all the courses in your transcript, I think you stand a fair chance with the MBA.

Sir Bellong,

thanks for the quick response. Hope they will not mind that my transcript and other documents has already been addressed to CPA or I have to go and get new copies addressed to CA?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:25pm On Sep 12, 2016
Remtol:

Sir Bellong,

thanks for the quick response. Hope they will not mind that my transcript and other documents has already been addressed to CPA or I have to go and get new copies addressed to CA?

Not sure but I don't think it matters

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tunatebabe: 11:37pm On Sep 12, 2016
@oga UDZ and Oga Bellong, I hail oh yu are both orgasm at d top. Unable too much. May God really blessed you. OK I shall do as you guys has advice. See you at d top and God bless
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Remtol: 11:42pm On Sep 12, 2016
bellong:

Not sure but I don't think it matters

Thanks so much, I appreciate.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 13, 2016
Tunatebabe:
@oga UDZ and Oga Bellong, I hail oh yu are both [b]orgasm [/b]at d top. Unable too much. May God really blessed you. OK I shall do as you guys has advice. See you at d top and God bless

cheesy grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udz: 2:56am On Sep 13, 2016
bellong:

Engineering technologist still requires bachelor degree.

that's true Boss, I was also looking at skilled assessment considering the over 7yrs experience in that field. since EA is faster....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udz: 2:58am On Sep 13, 2016
Tunatebabe:
@oga UDZ and Oga Bellong, I hail oh yu are both orgasm at d top. Unable too much. May God really blessed you. OK I shall do as you guys has advice. See you at d top and God bless

abeg no dey put oga in front of my name. I be small boy.... haha..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 5:45am On Sep 13, 2016
I will be in Sydney tomorrow God willing, if anyone cares to hangout, contact me.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SirHouloo(m): 5:58am On Sep 13, 2016
She has to do too?
Just new in this... All I know are the information I read on this platform.
My profession and hers were both included
Are we both meant to do the skill assessment before being able to claim the 5points?
bellong:

Has she done skills assessment?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:02am On Sep 13, 2016
SirHouloo:
She has to do too?
Just new in this... All I know are the information I read on this platform.
My profession and hers were both included
Are we both meant to do the skill assessment before being able to claim the 5points?

If you read the links, it is explained there. If you want to claim her five points, she must do a skill assessment and write an English test.
It is not worth the stress

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by timikenzo2(f): 7:01am On Sep 13, 2016
mamajaz:

In Nigeria?

Yep.... (IOM)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tunatebabe: 10:24am On Sep 13, 2016
Tunatebabe:
@oga UDZ and Oga Bellong, I hail oh yu are both at d top. Una too much. May God really blessed you. OK I shall do as you guys has advice. See you at d top and God bless.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:56am On Sep 13, 2016
timikenzo2:

Yep.... (IOM)
Arrrhhh!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Yinkzy03: 11:33am On Sep 13, 2016
Gurus please i need help:

See below the details;

MBA major in Finance and Accounting.
Work experience: Banking -Credit Risk.

Here are my questions;

Can i choose Accountant as occupation in SOL?
Will i be able to get a positive accessment from any of these accounting bodies (IPA/CPA/CA)?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 12:08pm On Sep 13, 2016
bellong:
I will be in Sydney tomorrow God willing, if anyone cares to hangout, contact me.
Make I sharperly join the Sheriff in Sydney
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by scrollmeout(m): 1:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
I'll check and revert
Ifexsco:
Hello Bro.....I sent you a mail....abeg respond. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 3:56pm On Sep 13, 2016
bellong:

What part so I can meet up with you. grin tongue
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
Yinkzy03:
Gurus please i need help:

See below the details;

MBA major in Finance and Accounting.
Work experience: Banking -Credit Risk.

Here are my questions;

Can i choose Accountant as occupation in SOL?
Will i be able to get a positive accessment from any of these accounting bodies (IPA/CPA/CA)?

Yes to both questions
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tunatebabe: 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
Thanks UDZ and Oga Bellong I go settle for materials and metallurgical technician or because it virtually relates to my ndt. And all my trainings. Though I will be to face d vetaseses peeps. By God's grace
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tunatebabe: 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
@oga Bellong I appreciate I shall finally settle for materials and and metallurgical technician technician because all my 8 years experience in and All My trainings certificates na in ndt not for mechanical engine or draft person. Tnks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yoctek: 1:13am On Sep 14, 2016
Oga bellong and other gurus in the house, I need your opinion on this biko!!

I got my transcript through my friend's office secretary since EA does not accept transcripts directly from institutions.
Now, the challenge is that the transcript's cover letter is addressed to the secretary and not EA. Is this going to be acceptable to EA? If not, can I just upload the transcript without the cover letter?

Please advice!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udz: 3:28am On Sep 14, 2016
yoctek:

I got my transcript through my friend's office secretary since EA does not accept transcripts directly from institutions.
Now, the challenge is that the transcript's cover letter is addressed to the secretary and not EA. Is this going to be acceptable to EA? If not, can I just upload the transcript without the cover letter?

Please advice!

yes
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tunatebabe: 6:18am On Sep 14, 2016
Oga belong ,udz and all the gurus in the house please help. please after concluding on materials and metallurgical technician which is being assessed by vetasses. because it matches with my work experience as an NDT ENGINEER which is also known as materials and metallurgical technician in Australia. though I am a Mechanical engineer by profession. I decided to send them an email and it goes like dis.

Please I have a concern.

I have an HND in Mechanical engineering (Option is production/Manufacturing).

Also I have over 9years experience in 3 different companies worked. Please see breakdown below,

1. One year as an NDT inspector

2.Five years as an NDT inspection Engineer in another company,

3. two years and six months as a quality Engineer in the 3rd company.

Now my question is,

On the list I saw metallurgical or materials technician with vetassess as the accessing body. This role describe most of what I do in the job responsibilities (NDT). can I nominate this bearing in mind that i am a mechanical engineer by profession. Can you please kindly advice.

Best regards,

simon

And here is their reply

Dear Simon,

Thank you for your email.

VETASSESS is the assessing authority for the occupation of Metallurgical and Materials Technician (ANZSCO Code 312912) and the assessment criteria is as following:

Metallurgical and Materials Technician (ANZSCO Code 312912)

This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Diploma, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If employment is not post-qualification, then three additional years of highly relevant employment are required.

If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, two years of employment at an appropriate skill level, completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to one year if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Certificate IV level in a highly relevant field.

A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

Unfortunately we are not able to advise you if you can nominate this occupation. For more details of the occupation, please refer to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) website.

Should you have further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Regards,

Jenny Huang
Assessment Officer
Skills Recognition – General Occupations

Please I don't know what to do at this particular junction .They are not straight forward people .and from all that I ve seen how they assessed people negative when they are supposed to be assessed positively. why I am kinda scared is because ,from their response my qualification as a mechanical engineer is far from a material and metallurgical technician , but they don't want to come out plain. please am so so confused please help me out to make the right decision . another question is if I decide to choose the other options oga Bellong and udz told me i.e mechanical engineering draftperson or the likes and decide to match my job experience with theirs should I include my training certificates on NDT and other trainings done that is not even related to a mech engine draftperson? please advise and may God bless you all ijn amen

simon
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 6:29am On Sep 14, 2016
yoctek:

Please advice!

Yes, you can upload without cover letter.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 14, 2016
Tunatebabe:
Oga belong ,udz and all the gurus in the house please help. please after concluding on materials and metallurgical technician which is being assessed by vetasses. because it matches with my work experience as an NDT ENGINEER which is also known as materials and metallurgical technician in Australia. though I am a Mechanical engineer by profession. I decided to send them an email and it goes like dis.

Please I have a concern.

Also I have over 9years experience in 3 different companies worked. Please see breakdown below,

Now my question is,

On the list I saw metallurgical or materials technician with vetassess as the accessing body. This role describe most of what I do in the job responsibilities (NDT). can I nominate this bearing in mind that i am a mechanical engineer by profession. Can you please kindly advice.

Best regards,

simon

And here is their reply

Dear Simon,

VETASSESS is the assessing authority for the occupation of Metallurgical and Materials Technician (ANZSCO Code 312912) and the assessment criteria is as following:

This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Diploma, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If employment is not post-qualification, then three additional years of highly relevant employment are required.

If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, two years of employment at an appropriate skill level, completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to one year if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Certificate IV level in a highly relevant field.

A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

Unfortunately we are not able to advise you if you can nominate this occupation. For more details of the occupation, please refer to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) website.

Regards,

Jenny Huang
Assessment Officer

Please I don't know what to do at this particular junction .They are not straight forward people .and from all that I ve seen how they assessed people negative when they are supposed to be assessed positively. why I am kinda scared is because ,from their response my qualification as a mechanical engineer is far from a material and metallurgical technician , but they don't want to come out plain. please am so so confused please help me out to make the right decision . another question is if I decide to choose the other options oga Bellong and udz told me i.e mechanical engineering draftperson or the likes and decide to match my job experience with theirs should I include my training certificates on NDT and other trainings done that is not even related to a mech engine draftperson? please advise and may God bless you all ijn amen

simon

i would advice you to read (study) each of those website on first page. they will not give you a straight answer because they will loose money. just assess yourself with criteria and don't try and use naija way to bend rules to suit you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 14, 2016
Tunatebabe:

Please I have a concern.

Now my question is,

Best regards,

simon

And here is their reply

Dear Simon,

Regards,

Jenny Huang
Assessment Officer

simon
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 14, 2016
Tunatebabe:

Please I have a concern.

Now my question is,

Best regards,

simon

And here is their reply

Dear Simon,

Regards,

Jenny Huang
Assessment Officer

simon
Funny but you non dey hear advise lol shey u were advised on what to do and after a critical observation you decided to go with vetassess here you are saying u don't know what to do... I think you should follow what the gurus had earlier advice...........vetassess get too many shakara............thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2016
OmoAussie:
@ Oknee

Thanks for the info,so far!
Checked QLD, the financial requirement is like a mountain, any way around it?
tnx my chief!

Hmmmm. Are you a learner? Borrow and print statement. It works.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 10:13am On Sep 14, 2016
noblealuu:

Did you do you MLS in nigeria?

What English Test did you do IELTS or PTE?

Finally, will a prospective candidate be mandated to write AIMS exam soon after a successful evaluation?

what is the current exam fee for the AIMS exam and will one be granted 15 points automatically when the exam is passed?

Pardon the myriad of questions and pls nne @oknee kindly do justice to ommoausie's above stated enquiries. Thannk you!
The info is available in aims.org.au.
You will have 15pts after assessment if u have a degree. With that, u can hit the ground running with MLT if u have a state that will nominate you. Otherwise, u take the exam whenever you are ready. If you pass, you get MLS and can go for 189 if you have up to 60 points.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mikol(m): 10:22am On Sep 14, 2016
Hello Oga Bellong,Udz and everyone in the house. Please I have a concern and would like to seek advise from the experts. I am 39 years but will be 40 next February. I have an HND in Electrical Electronics Engineering. I sent a mail to EA if they could assess my HND and came with a positive reply that they can, provided I have ND as a prerequisite. Now, my question are:

1. If I quickly do the assessment, will I be able to get the 25 POINTS for the age before I clock 40 next year?
2. EA talks about CDR. Am I under any obligation to to CDR and what is/are the likely consequence of not doing CDR.

I will be glad to hear from my ogas in due course.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Esty4eva: 10:23am On Sep 14, 2016
I applied for Vetassess assessment on the 29th of August 2016 and on Monday 12th Sept 2016 (6wks plus) i got a Negative outcome my degree from a Nigerian state university was assessed as Australian Associate degree which is below qualification requirement of the occupation i applied for

@ Oga Bellong pls what should i do, should i look for another occupation that has the Associate degree as one their requirement but has the same task as what i do presently and applied for also to be assessed by Vetassess or should i apply to be assess for thesame occupation with another assessing body like ECWA. And If i am to apply to Vetassess for another occupation is it something i should give more time as my data is still currently with them

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.