Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,659 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs (17263 Views)

Aisha And President Buhari Hug As Buhari Returns From UK (Pic) / "Three Of Buhari's Ministers Were Saboteurs" - Akamukale, APC BOT / More "Facts" Emerge On The Cause Of Ali Modu And PDP Govs Impasse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by BABANGBALI: 9:54am On Apr 17, 2016
Metrofox:
well. ..that's the advantage of having a firm president. .it's better to be feared than loved. .fear you can control, love. .you can't
God bless you
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Nusaf: 10:20am On Apr 17, 2016
tuniski:

It is people like you that are contributing 70% of the failure call sai baba. By himself, he is 30%. The whole budget is a classical case of elementary failure of buhari n his presidency. The NASS wanted to cover up and help him manage the mess. Now he and his incompetent cabinet are trying to turn the citizens against NASS.

I don't even blame him, I blame NASS for not outrightly rejecting the most corrupt budget in our history. Over 1.5trn in padding and 'errors'.

Pls stop worshiping buhari.
Rather, it is people like u that are being unnecessarily hateful of Buhari even in the light of glaring revelations in his favour. The end shall justify the means by the special grace of God. Keep hating, it is inborn.

2 Likes

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by odumessi(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2016
olutunde12:
What will he do? What has he been doing? What can he do?

All these don expire jare! Buhari cant do anything. He only wanted to see the whole world before the "altimate". He knew his Malu money cant do, so he came for the presidency!
#grow up
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by tuniski: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2016
Nusaf:

Rather, it is people like u that are being unnecessarily hateful of Buhari even in the light of glaring revelations in his favour. The end shall justify the means by the special grace of God. Keep hating, it is inborn.
U must really hate buhari to be promoting failure. Those who are discerning and engaging at this critical moment are the most patriotic. U dismissing and labeling patriots haters doesn't hide your own evil of loving Buhari but, hating nigeria !!!!
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Akanaz(m): 11:12am On Apr 17, 2016
May God bless the people's general. Haters can go and hang.
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Yusuphpedro: 11:17am On Apr 17, 2016
Budget: Dogara only saw details last Tuesday
The mysteries surrounding the 2016 budget detailsappear inexhaustible after it emerged yesterday that Speaker Yakubu Dogara of the House of Representatives saw the breakdown only last Tuesday, six days after they were submitted to President Muhammadu Buhari by theNational Assembly.
The figures contained in the budget details sent to the President for him to sign the Appropriation Bill into law
are already worsening the delicate relationship between the executive and the legislative arms with indications that Buhari is unwilling to append his signature until amends are made.
Presidency sources accused the National Assembly of removing entirely or reducing drastically the costs of some of the key projects in the budget proposals.
It was unclear last night whether the president, who returned from a weeklong visit to China earlier in the day, had decided to return the budget to the National
Assembly to correct what most ministers call mutilation or sign it the way it is and send a supplementary budget later.
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and the ministers are said to be awaiting the President’s final decision on the issue although most of the Federal Executive Council members
are in favour of the return of the bill to NASS.
Fresh projects worth about N50billion are the latest hidden votes uncovered by the Executive in the budget details.
Sources said yesterday that Dogara has had talks with the VP on the confusion.
A principal officer in the House said: “From the agitation in the National Assembly by members on Wednesday, the row over the budget could have been messier.
“This is why the Speaker is leading the initiative to review the budget details. Were it not for his maturity, the House would have been thrown into turmoil over the budget.”
Responding to a question, the source said: “Dogara did not see the budget details until he convened the House leadership meeting on Wednesday. All the principal officers were even asking for the details at our meeting.
“The Appropriation Committee deliberately shielded the details from the House leadership and members as if the committee were an independent arm of the chamber.
“Many House members were treated with disdain by the committee. Dogara felt our pains but he applied wisdomto keep the House united.”
Separate sources said some ministers have discovered that allocations to many projects were either cut or. swapped without consultations with relevant committees
in the Senate and House of Representatives and members of the Appropriation Committees in the two chambers.
One such source said: “Some parts of the budget have been mutilated and are not implementable. Some projects were swapped or diverted to areas where they are not needed.
“We also discovered that votes for a few projects were slashed and allocated to some self-serving demands of some lawmakers. About N50billion worth of projects were
inserted into the budget outside the proposals of the Executive and without rubbing minds with the relevant MDAs.
“From the look of things, only President Muhammadu Buhari can give the final say on whether to ask the National Assembly to review the budget details or to assent to the Appropriation Bill and opt for supplementary budget.”
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Osirimononaye(m): 11:19am On Apr 17, 2016
egedem:
are you aware of how childish you sound?...............
And are u aware hw childish u asked?
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Odicious: 11:48am On Apr 17, 2016
Metrofox:
well. ..that's the advantage of having a firm president. .it's better to be feared than loved. .fear you can control, love. .you can't
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Odicious: 11:49am On Apr 17, 2016
on point
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Nusaf: 11:57am On Apr 17, 2016
tuniski:

U must really hate buhari to be promoting failure. Those who are discerning and engaging at this critical moment are the most patriotic. U dismissing and labeling patriots haters doesn't hide your own evil of loving Buhari but, hating nigeria !!!!
Constructive criticism and display of sheer hatred are never the same bro. The issue in contention is the distortion of budget by some NASS members for personal interest then the culprit, according to your judgement, is Buhari. U are even using the lame excuse of covering up budget padding. Even if Buhari was guilty of the said budget padding (which is not the case) I wonder how such cover up ends up in uncaptured allocations to constituencies. The only logical conclusion to all these is hatred and unrelenting effort to undermine the effort of the President in sanitsing the system. Continue, but by the special Grace of the Almighty God this country shall be great.

1 Like

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by UnknownT: 12:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
Nusaf:

There are appropriate Provisions for dealing with any erring member of the NASS which can be invoked. So relax and see how the drama unfolds.
The one I know is RECALLING the member by his constituency, can you educate me with the other provisions please?

1 Like

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by tarekamos: 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2016
dearsly:
Since he became presidiot, who has he dealt with so far.....

Abeg make we hear word!...The economy is in shambles and u guys wanna divert our attention once again!!!

Dullard Dullahdino

You may not know but you can find out from those with cases in courts and budget office to see what happen to the staffers there.
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by clickwtB(m): 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2016
PMB PLS STEP UP THE ANTE,WE NEED FIRMER HANDLING OF ISSUES.NIGERIANS WANTS MORE ACTION BABA!!!WE WILL CONTINUE TO LOVE YOU!!!
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by feeloscar(m): 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
Timoleon:
Bros Buhari when you wan begin help nigerians na? this April and we dont even have a budget yet...how has your government been spending kwanu? play play now four years go reach...people don dey lose weight already without having to go to the gym...oga Buhari, no be like dis una bin promise us o.
Nna, you for direct this question to your representative for reps and Senate now.
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by donodion(m): 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
Baba carry go.I stand by Buhari 110%. Nigerians do not respect democracy but abuses it, therefore handle them with IRON HAND. You have my approval gaskiya!!!.
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Timoleon(m): 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
feeloscar:
Nna, you for direct this question to your representative for reps and Senate now.

Bros, i am not unaware that the reps have their portion of the blame...i used 'una' thats Buhari and all other reps. Buhari is not a rep from my personal constituency but he is a rep of the constituency Nigeria which we all belong to. As the number one citizen, the bulk stops on his table. We as citizens, should stop being hypocritical. During the last regime, we were always quick to point every national issue out as the president's fault...i dont even intend to throw blames here...i just want him and his team to double up their efforts in attending to the plight of the citizens. Have i asked for too much?

1 Like

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by ijedallar: 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
mind you we are in Democracy
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by bejeria101(m): 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2016
Deal with who? You be jet li?
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by tuniski: 1:59pm On Apr 17, 2016
Nusaf:

Constructive criticism and display of sheer hatred are never the same bro. The issue in contention is the distortion of budget by some NASS members for personal interest then the culprit, according to your judgement, is Buhari. U are even using the lame excuse of covering up budget padding. Even if Buhari was guilty of the said budget padding (which is not the case) I wonder how such cover up ends up in uncaptured allocations to constituencies. The only logical conclusion to all these is hatred and unrelenting effort to undermine the effort of the President in sanitsing the system. Continue, but by the special Grace of the Almighty God this country shall be great.
U chose the side of the narrative u want to believe, that I can't help. However, the entire budget fiasco lies with the executive headed By buhari ! He submitted a budget he didn't even know what was in it.
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by compujyde: 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2016
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2016
Osirimononaye:

And are u aware hw childish u asked?
I simply hate "verbal bullying" I would have simply taken you. But I choose to ignore..
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Osirimononaye(m): 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2016
egedem:
I simply hate "verbal bullying" I would have simply taken you. But I choose to ignore..
Good for u
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by olayinkaj2(m): 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
Saboteurs everywhere, they never wanted this man to succeed and Nigeria to move forward, we will deal with you all. Werey saboteurs.....
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by ehissi(m): 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2016
Did anyone even notice that every single comment made in that article was based on the account of "An anonymous source close to the presidency"!!

Even the closed door meeting that Mr Speaker of the House of Assembly held - according to this aproko source - they know what was said in that meeting!!

And then to punctuate it!! They added the most important Item!! A Selfie!!

The same selfie that buhari took with what some "wonderful" people believe is the 2016 appropriation bill - I said appropriation bill because there is no budget - the day he was set to jet out to china, and now APC friends and family are in sheer ectasy.

Na waooh!!

Only you know say Buhari don receive list of Sabotuers, only you know say Buhari get list of areas whey National assembly pad budget and sent to presidency -but e no get list of people/areas whey pad the amended budget whey e send to National Assembly- , only you know say Buhari wan deal with fear fear lawmakers whey pad budget - like say Lawmaker now, na buhari appoint them - , only you know say Dogara use fear take do meeting!!

Hmmmmmmmm.................Na waooh!! Vanguard clap for yaself!!

Does this aproko source know what President Buhari wanna do to fulani cattle rearers whey kill people for Agatu, Rivers, taka etc - beside dashing them land for grazing reserve - are we going to see people going to jail/tried first - in whatever fashion Buhari's chooses - abi everybody whey die na saraa!!?? The rest of them, line up and queue for rice, salt and fura!! Chikena!!!

Na so Propaganda take dey start, the information in this article cannot be independently verified. They just put it out there, when people hail it, Lai mohammed, Alhaji garba and adesina will say na so buhari wan do am.

If people no hail am nko?? Alhaji Garba go first talk say, Buhari no talk, the Adesina go say na Scam; then Lai mohammed go say na PDP talk am!! Na so the e take dey go!!

Thats all U get from a "Selfie Taking" government.............proper propaganda without clearly drafted policy framework!!

Everything na "Buhari order this" and "Buhari order that" or " A source close to presidency"!!

No worry, small time 2019 go show!! Whether nastory bois go chop that time!! We go know............. angry

Meanwhile!! According to the last Official statement made bY President Buhari's Personal Aide On Nationatl assembly Matters; Buhari never rejected the Budget so how can there be Sabotuers for a budget that wasn't rejected.

See source below

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/2016-budget-not-rejected-executive-presidency/
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by akigbemaru: 7:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
Budget impasse
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by ElCapone(m): 9:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
Joshuahunpe:
Hmmm, look at the way he is looking into the book as if he knew whatz inside. grin grin grin grin .
what was ur score in english wailer? I tink u need to retake ur nabteb. Hehehehe "as if he knew whatz inside" 1st class olodo!!!

1 Like

Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by ElCapone(m): 9:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
dearsly:
Since he became presidiot, who has he dealt with so far.....

Abeg make we hear word!...The economy is in shambles and u guys wanna divert our attention once again!!!

Dullard Dullahdino
are u 4rm congo mr man, abi u don 4get kanu, dasuki, metuh, zakzaki et al.
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by biodun83L(m): 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2016
IN BETA PASS UR FATHER
Joshuahunpe:
Hmmm, look at the way he is looking into the book as if he knew whatz inside. grin grin grin grin .
Re: BUDGET IMPASSE: Buhari Returns From China, To Deal With Saboteurs by Psylas(m): 12:15am On May 02, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$470m CCTV Contract: Reps Find Only 40 Cameras Working, Order Probe / Niger Delta Leaders To Buhari: We Want Oil Blocs / In 2021, Nigerian Senate Sat For Only 66 Days, Broke Own Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.