Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry (22567 Views)

Tuxil-c Codeine Doesn't Get Me High Anymore / TB Joshua's Prophetic Message For 2017 (Video) / Olagorioye Faleyimu: "TB Joshua’s Death Is Near, Buhari Will Rule For 8 Years" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by mlindoes: 8:47am On Apr 17, 2016
Promised help by the church has yet to materialise – after almost 18 months.

Almost 18 months after a building collapse at the church of self-proclaimed prophet TB Joshua in Lagos, Nigeria, left 116 dead and scores injured, a young South African survivor has given up hope of receiving aid.

Vusi Makwele, 27, said he last heard from a Synagogue Church of All Nations (Scoan) representative in October 2014. That was shortly after he returned to South Africa following the tragedy. The church had allegedly promised to help him following his injuries.

Makwele, a human resource honours graduate at the time of his visit to the Scoan in September 2014, said he had gone to the church to change his life. “In that plane, all I was thinking of was my family,” said Makwele.

“I wanted to pray for their problems to go away. But things turned ugly. The trip changed my whole life.” Two days later, Makwele’s life changed forever when a six storey guest house at the church collapsed. Of the close to 120 people who lost their lives, more than 80 were South Africans.

Speculation was rife that the building did not meet construction standards and families of the victims and deceased wanted the popular televangelist to be held accountable. Makwele, who previously worked in a sales department at a retail store, said the tragedy nearly robbed him of his dreams.

“With the job that I had, I was able to pay my bills,” he said. “I was able to support my family. But now, I’m part of the unemployment statistics.” Makwele said of the fateful day: “It was really traumatising, it still is.” He said he did not know how he survived because his injuries were very severe.

“I lost a lot of blood on that day. I’m still scared of storey structures.” He was in hospital for three days in Nigeria, but said he had to pretend to be fine, “just to get out of that city and come home”.

But little did he know how different it would be. Makwele said he had to use crutches to get around. “I could not even walk and as a result, failed to perform my duties at work. I had to be released from my job.”

He refused to go for counselling because he was still confused and in shock, but feels that traumatic incident “messed up” his mind. Makwele says after losing his job, he never received anything from the church.

Church’s response:

Kirsten Nematandani, Scoan representative in South Africa, told The Citizen at the time of the collapse that the church focused more on those who lost their lives. “We only focused on ensuring that processes of the funerals were dealt with.”
The families of the deceased each received R50 000.
However, it is understood that people who were severely injured were given more money than the families of those who lost their lives.

Source:http://citizen.co.za/1074009/tb-joshua-has-left-me-high-dry/

2 Likes

Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by thesicilian: 8:59am On Apr 17, 2016
So what does this guy want now?

As at the time of leaving hospital he said he was alright. He didn't state any particular injuries that has prevented him from getting another job, is he still in crutches? He says his mind is messed up but refused to go for counselling.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 17, 2016
According to this write up..

Makwele said he had to use crutches to get around. “I could not even walk and as a result, failed to perform my duties at work. I had to be released from my job.”

Makwele said of the fateful day: “It was really traumatising, it still is.” He said he did not know how he survived because his injuries were very severe.

He was in hospital for three days in Nigeria, but said he had to pretend to be fine, “just to get out of that city and come home”.

His mistake was telling a lie

But if the church actually made that promise after he left then they should live up to it

That was shortly after he returned to South Africa following the tragedy. The church had allegedly promised to help him following his injuries.

2 Likes

Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Joshuahunpe(m): 9:50am On Apr 17, 2016
God u see me ooo, today na sunday and i no fit comment thrash @ the moment. Let me back from church first b4 i go comment reasonably on this matter. grin grin grin grin
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by gungab(m): 9:50am On Apr 17, 2016
wonders shall never end
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 17, 2016
Na so, stupidity is when u think God is only in one place embarassed travelled all the way to scoan only to return back home crippled or whatever your case is.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by ThePeacemaker(m): 9:52am On Apr 17, 2016
Instead make he give person sure game

He go dey predict DOOM every time

HIAN cry

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by jericco1(m): 9:54am On Apr 17, 2016
obfuscating
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Ibime(m): 9:55am On Apr 17, 2016
He went to Naija to change his life, not knowing he was running after a charlatan. Now his life is wrecked.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by PsalmieD(m): 9:55am On Apr 17, 2016
wey dat bread seller?...cnt wait for my salary sef, today na still 17 ouch! make dix mnt run nah
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Harmony92(f): 9:56am On Apr 17, 2016
My dear God wil heal u.
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by elmisti(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2016
Ok
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Franchise21(m): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2016
What can I say??
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Houseofglam7(f): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2016
Really painful
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 17, 2016
Houseofglam7:
Really painful
why didn't u reply me yesterday? Are u in for miss Nl contest?
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Olukokosir(m): 10:07am On Apr 17, 2016
How to make money in 9ja.
1- bcum a pastor 2- kidnapping 3- politics 4- yahoo+

Sumao 4 dz pple nowadays

3 Likes

Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 17, 2016
There is something off about the church. My distance relative wanted to take her son to this very church for prayers cos her son was involved in an accident and the doctors said they needed to amputate his leg... she decided to take him to SCOAN, they were involved in another accident and the leg that was supposed to be amputated, divided and she also died.

2 Likes

Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by abumeinben(m): 10:16am On Apr 17, 2016
Say pastor dey perform miracles not mean say he nor fit miss heaven ( or promised land). Ask Father Moses.
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by sheila123(f): 10:25am On Apr 17, 2016
BT ds s really funny...hw can a person leave all d churches in his country 2 anoda country jux 2 pray 4 his family....

1 Like

Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Etizz: 10:28am On Apr 17, 2016
TB Joshua is too busy to identify your complain without making it official....

Dis is not the right way to go about it....

TB joshua can not deliberately ignore anyone.

1 Like

Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by kay9(m): 10:29am On Apr 17, 2016
rubsaphy:
There is something off about the church. My distance relative wanted to take her son to this very church for prayers cos her son was involved in an accident and the doctors said they needed to amputate his leg... she decided to take him to SCOAN, they were involved in another accident and the leg that was supposed to be amputated, divided and she also died.

The leg divided??!! grin grin

One shouldn't laugh at other people's misfortune (especially with the loss of life), but this one is just too funny!

1 Like

Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Houseofglam7(f): 10:30am On Apr 17, 2016
Oyind17:
why didn't u reply me yesterday? Are u in for miss Nl contest?

Sorry darl, I think I'll pass
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 17, 2016
Houseofglam7:

Sorry darl, I think I'll pass
OK, have a nice day
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 17, 2016
High and dry.. U be light house family ?
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by beycity1: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2016
I still don't know Wat to say than all is well!!!.....and u bros sit down dia dey wait 4 tb Joshua.......1st class mumu
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by adedam007(m): 10:53am On Apr 17, 2016
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Big4wig(m): 11:11am On Apr 17, 2016
Dis man needs a brain hug..

Who invented hugs? I mean the first hug would have been so awkward. "What are you doing? Why are you holding me??" "Shhh just trust me.." cheesy
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Sfvalentine(m): 11:26am On Apr 17, 2016
Make him go find rubber plate come dey beg for front of synagogue church...afterall begging na occupation dis days......!

Eʟɖɛʀ Vaʟ աas ɦɛʀɛ...!
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by galaxy4rep(m): 12:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
ok
Re: South African Victim: TB Joshua Left Me High And Dry by Hillzy(m): 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
R

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Soul And Spirit? / Truly, The Forbidden Fruit Is Sex! / If Korede Cant Sing Godwin In Church, Should He Pay Tithe From Godwin To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.