Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,859 members, 7,862,818 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:15 AM

Advice! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice! (1127 Views)

Neighbours Ignore Lady Who Fainted Because Of Her Alleged Wicked Ways (photos) / Serious Opinions Needed,coz U Cud Be Helpin Some Women's Mentality / How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice! by Godzlove8(m): 11:51am On Apr 17, 2016
Thanks For Y'all Advice.. It Was Helpful
Re: Advice! by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 17, 2016
Who is the he
Re: Advice! by Godzlove8(m): 12:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
Oyind17:
Who is the he
happy sunday first of all, but u should learn to keep off from people's thread if you don't have anything to contribute to it. What do want to do with the 'He' ? sad you want to kill him? Or are u tryin to be funny here? Smh
Re: Advice! by aameyah(f): 12:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ask him for money....
Re: Advice! by Godzlove8(m): 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2016
aameyah:
Ask him for money....
it's what everybody will say.. But don't u think it's kind of immature? Like u gon look like a kid.
Re: Advice! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2016
What I see here is a manipulator and an opportunist in an affair. lol. Neither of you were altruistic right from the inception of your association. Well, as it stands now, the sure way out for you the opportunist will be to become altruistic person between the two of you- this is important because manipulators will always have upper hand over opportunists. However, they (manipulators) only lose their credibility to diplomats- diplomats are proponents and practitioners of altruism- pretense and servile are never options. This case is just a stark resemblance of the rumored current signed pack and relationship between Nigeria and China- if true, them we're in for the worse... only the informed will understand this.

Now, take the bold step to become a diplomatic person in your affair with the man. Firstly, you have to separate emotion from reason. The man need your service and you need payment for whatever service you renders to him, so there's no need for you to shy away from this fact- pretense and servile are never options I say. Be bold to tell him your terms and conditions of service and do so politely. Then, when conditions and terms are agreed, look for something else you can be doing for free for him that will not be part of the bargained service, this way he will still gain something free from you.

3 Likes

Re: Advice! by SlimHan(f): 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
I'd go with empero1's advise. I ve learnt not to expect much from people tho cos naturally I get dissapointed in those I confide in. Just do as advised

1 Like

Re: Advice! by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
Godzlove8:
happy sunday first of all, but u should learn to try keep off people's thread if you don't have anything to contribute to it. What do want to do with the 'He' ? sad you want to kill him? Or are u tryin to be funny here? Smh
Teens and their wahala, abeg go wash cargrin

2 Likes

Re: Advice! by Godzlove8(m): 1:53pm On Apr 17, 2016
Empero1:
What I see here is a manipulator and an opportunist affair. lol. Neither of you were altruistic right from the inception of your association. Well, as it stands now, the sure way out for you the opportunist will be to become altruistic person between the two of you- this is important because manipulators will always have upper hand over opportunists. However, they (manipulators) only lose their credibility to diplomats- diplomatics are proponent and practitioners of altruism- pretense is never an option. This case is just a stark resemblance of the current signed pack and relationship between Nigeria and China... only the informed will understand this.

Now, take the bold step to become a diplomatic person in your affair with the man. Firstly, you have to separate emotion from reason. The man need your service and you need payment for whatever service you renders to him, so there's no need for you to shy away from this fact- pretense is not an option I say. Be bold to tell him your terms and conditions of service and do so politely. Then, when conditions and terms are agreed, look for something else you can be doing for free for him that will not be part of the bargain service, this way he will still gain something free from you.

well, your facts are actually right, quite informative & helpful as well. What i've been thinkin lately is to close my mind about the TP issue and continue my work as a helper without lookin or expectin any reward(s) in return. Maybe as times goes on his concience will struck him and he's probably gon realise how real Iam. For now, i'd let altruism take over...Thanks once again bro
Re: Advice! by Godzlove8(m): 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2016
Oyind17:
Teens and their wahala, abeg go wash cargrin
don't forget that iam only helpin.. I only do it cos i look upto him like my father and there's nothin wrong with that. There's a car washer along my area and i bet with my life that he's earnin more than u do in a month. For someone to charge 3500 naira a car, then calculate if he wash like 18cars in a day though am sure it's always more than that. Stop lookin down on what people do cos you don't know tomorrow plus, let me remind u.. I'm not a teen!.
Re: Advice! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
Godzlove8:
don't forget that iam only helpin.. I only do it cos i look upto him like my father and there's nothin wrong with that. There's a car washer along my area and i bet with my life that he's earnin more than u do in a month. For someone to charge 3500 naira a car, then calculate if he wash like 18cars in a day though am sure it's always more than that. Stop lookin down on what people do cos you don't know tomorrow plus, let me remind u.. I'm not a teen!.
why didnt u join the guy
Re: Advice! by Godzlove8(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2016
Oyind17:
why didnt u join the guy
now u talkin completely outta point. It's waste of time replyin a mentally derange person who actually don't think outta the box.. Can't u see that u the only foolish one here? I won't quote u again.. Got better things to do.
Re: Advice! by aameyah(f): 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2016
Godzlove8:
it's what everybody will say.. But don't u think it's kind of immaturity? Like he's gon look like a kid.

The thing is, there was what you might call 'a gentleman's agreement', which he is no longer adhering to. Maybe you should talk to him, ask him if there is anything you've done to him that brought about the change.
The thing is, you are entitled to your wages. Waking up at five to clean someone's compound is not beans. We have someone doing that because of our dogs and he is collecting a salary + other freebies to motivate him....
Re: Advice! by Godzlove8(m): 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2016
~>
Re: Advice! by Godzlove8(m): 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2016
aameyah:

The thing is, there was what you might call 'a gentleman's agreement', which he is no longer adhering to. Maybe you should talk to him, ask him if there is anything you've done to him that brought about the change.
The thing is, you are entitled to your wages. Waking up at five to clean someone's compound is not beans. We have someone doing that because of our dogs and he is collecting a salary + other freebies to motivate him....
thank God u understand my situation but i won't tell him anything. Wil continue helpin till his concience blames him
Re: Advice! by aameyah(f): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
Godzlove8:
thank God u understand my situation but i won't tell him anything. Wil continue helpin till his concience blames him

I hope he has one Sha (conscience).
Some people can be nice but it's when you work for them their true colours come out.
Re: Advice! by Godzlove8(m): 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
aameyah:

I hope he has one Sha (conscience).
Some people can be nice but it's when you work for them their true colours come out
WORD!

(1) (Reply)

Confused Man / How Do I Propose To My 'wife'? / Sisters Lifting Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.