Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad (53956 Views)

UTME 2017: JAMB Twitter Live Chat - Answers To Prospective Candidates Questions / 5 Student Jobs To Earn Money / Nigerian Students And Hilarious Exam Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by mekaboy(m): 11:23am On Apr 20, 2016
Person won collect ur money still dey ask u all this questions.
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by kokoye(m): 11:28am On Apr 20, 2016
taylor12:
Bros, pls help me help a frnd In need. My frnd has gone to the embassy like 8tyms naw for his masters degree ..

Common sense is also knowing when to retreat and try something else.
The visa officer will be 'scared' of such desperado.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 20, 2016
kokoye:

Common sense is also knowing when to retreat and try something else.
The visa officer will be 'scared' of such desperado.
Maybe the school he wants to go is not a good school.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Junglebouy: 11:34am On Apr 20, 2016
It is well Nigeria will be great again mods I am new in this forum I av not make front page talk less of FTC I am patiently waiting nookie forward to that day
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by ipledge4(m): 11:39am On Apr 20, 2016
Eeem number 1 should be the number qurstion and its very frequent....op i have read so many interview transcript here on nairaland,no VO will ask you that kind of numbr 2 question, 3 & 4 wont be in that format...

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by harsysky(m): 12:01pm On Apr 20, 2016
Bobby4090:

Big Bros, i assure u FUTO is more Technical than that Colorodo wetin wetin??. My candid advise? Make ur friend go FUTO go do im masters. OK? Cheers bros!

The Futo I graduated from or what? My friend sit down and read comments before you comment.

People don't just go abroad to school cos of school sake. Most times, it is because they've got all the available resources for one to learn very well and fast inside or outside school.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by bigtt76(f): 12:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
Haba ....8 times and same school? You don't need any convincing reason any more than 'I want to blow' grin The embassy has a his record and each time he's choosing Colorado ....it triggers a suspicion of an organized crime in the offing. Tell him to chose any other school apart from Colorado. The Consulate officer be like ...there must be gold in Colorado to have spike this dude's interest 8 times despite visa interview failures.

taylor12:
Bros, pls help me help a frnd In need. My frnd has gone to the embassy like 8tyms naw for his masters degree to study accounting in Colorado technical University and was denied and still keep pushing hard in same school. His major challenges is this question. Why do u choose Colorado technical University to others since u are going there for your masters when you av many other sch that can offer u the best in accounting? Though many reasons has been given in d past but not convincing enuf. Pls I need a convincing answer to this question as he is preparing to go for one before the month end. Pls ur idea or contribution might go a long way. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Goshen360(m): 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
taylor12:
Bros, pls help me help a frnd In need. My frnd has gone to the embassy like 8tyms naw for his masters degree to study accounting in Colorado technical University and was denied and still keep pushing hard in same school. His major challenges is this question. Why do u choose Colorado technical University to others since u are going there for your masters when you av many other sch that can offer u the best in accounting? Though many reasons has been given in d past but not convincing enuf. Pls I need a convincing answer to this question as he is preparing to go for one before the month end. Pls ur idea or contribution might go a long way. Thanks

Also, if your friend keep applying back to back without a break, he keeps getting denied. They see him as being desperate!

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Shams218(m): 12:19pm On Apr 20, 2016
study4free:
Many people all around the world love to pursue their higher education from Western Countries and need pass through visa interview, and the reason behind this is nothing but the top class education they provide.

One of the major hurdles people used to face during their journey to study abroad is answering the tricky interview questions which will help them qualify for educational visa.

No matter the educational background and financial security you possess; preparation is must while attending these interviews. This article will detail some very common Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad.

Question 1:
Why do you want to study in United States of America?

Answer: The whole world knows that academic experience in USA is something unquestionable, and certificate from a reputed American University is widely valued by all countries.
Most of the United States Universities offer excellent research opportunities, and internship programs which will catalyze my career growth for sure.

Question 2:
Why United States? Can’t you try in United Kingdom or Canada?

Answer: The quality of education in United States is much impeccable than UK or Canada. Syllabus in U.S offers the right blend of theoretical and practical knowledge which we will not be able to possess anywhere in this world.

Question 3:
What are your future plans after completing graduation from US?

Answer: Upon successful completion of graduation, I will return back to my native country, and will search for jobs.

Question 4:
Will you surely come back to your native nation after possessing a graduate degree?

Answer: Why not? Our land is blessed with opportunities, and I wish to exploit it to the fullest. I wish to pursue my graduation from US to make myself fit to adapt myself to this competitive world.

Question 5:
Do you know anything about the City which you are going?

Answer: Yes…I have referred Internet, and have learned about this city. I have heard that the city is blessed with friendly people, and the weather is quite similar to my native land. I hope these things will help me in adapting quickly.

Conclusion
You can expect many other questions from the executive in charge of the visa interview which includes, the details of the University which you are going to apply, the course which you are going to pursue, details of scholarship if any, your family background etc.

You should closely understand all the questions, and should answer them genuinely. Questions about your academic abilities and queries regarding scores in GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS can also be expected during the time of the visa interview.

http://study4free.com.ng/top-5-student-visa-interview-questions-answers-study-abroad/

Please I need candid advice on this. A brother of mine went for B1/B2 visa 2months ago and was denied on the ground that he doesn't sound convincing enough to the interviewer.We wanted to scheduled another appointment. I asked him to pay another visa fee and he did. I was the one who schedule the previous. I tried to schedule him last week but didn't go through. We were told to validate the reference #. A warning pop up telling not to make a second try but contact the technical support via a link. I sent a message but got no reply. That was on Wednesday last week. I tried again yesterday but still didn't go through.

Please what do you think I should do?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Tintz: 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
taylor12:
He could just tell them the university has a conducive learning environment and the fees are affordable.
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
When it comes to getting American visa, it's all psychological, the secrete is, don't come across as desperate, they hate to see people who desperately want their visa, i don't know how you intend to prove that you are not desperate, but in my case I went there wearing a bathroom slippers and looking dirty and walked out with a visa.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by kan12(m): 12:35pm On Apr 20, 2016
It is a Lie.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by asha01: 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
Bobby4090:

Big Bros, i assure u FUTO is more Technical than that Colorodo wetin wetin??. My candid advise? Make ur friend go FUTO go do im masters. OK? Cheers bros!

if accounting? be chartered (ICAN) and masters at FUTO or UI then u re good to go
unless u re running away
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Aribambam: 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
pls answer me, since msc Accounting should not be considered studying abroad, what of Msc Accounting/oil and gas Accounting.
pls someone say something.
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Aribambam: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
fedundiran:

My candid advice..
I don't think there's really a need to pursue masters degree in Courses like accounting, business administration and the likes outside the country.
He can stay here in Nigeria and study whatever he wish to any level.. To me studying those kind of courses abroad doesn't mean you will have an edge over the graduates here or given preference in labour market since you went to study other country's business strategy and administration which might be different from ours.. Those that really need more western knowledge are those in Engineering, pure sciences and maybe Health sciences which need more practical and equipment.
Those guys might be doing you some help by not issuing you the visa...Instead of going to spend a whole lot of money there, he can consider using that amount to set up a business and move on with life.
Think wisely..
pls answer me, since msc Accounting should be considered studying abroad, what of Msc Accounting/oil and gas Accounting.
pls someone say something.pls answer me, since msc Accounting should not be considered studying abroad, what of Msc Accounting/oil and gas Accounting.
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by jigasmg(m): 12:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
See questions will just port to Canada
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 20, 2016
Keneking:
Its all wash, US education is no match with UK and SA shocked
SA undecided
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by intergral(m): 1:02pm On Apr 20, 2016
study4free:
Many people all around the world love to pursue their higher education from Western Countries and need pass through visa interview, and the reason behind this is nothing but the top class education they provide.

One of the major hurdles people used to face during their journey to study abroad is answering the tricky interview questions which will help them qualify for educational visa.

No matter the educational background and financial security you possess; preparation is must while attending these interviews. This article will detail some very common Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad.

Question 1:

Answer: The whole world knows that academic experience in USA is something unquestionable, and certificate from a reputed American University is widely valued by all countries.
Most of the United States Universities offer excellent research opportunities, and internship programs which will catalyze my career growth for sure.

Question 2:

Answer: The quality of education in United States is much impeccable than UK or Canada. Syllabus in U.S offers the right blend of theoretical and practical knowledge which we will not be able to possess anywhere in this world.

Question 3:

Answer: Upon successful completion of graduation, I will return back to my native country, and will search for jobs.

Question 4:
Will you surely come back to your native nation after possessing a graduate degree?

Answer: Why not? Our land is blessed with opportunities, and I wish to exploit it to the fullest. I wish to pursue my graduation from US to make myself fit to adapt myself to this competitive world.

Question 5:

Answer: Yes…I have referred Internet, and have learned about this city. I have heard that the city is blessed with friendly people, and the weather is quite similar to my native land. I hope these things will help me in adapting quickly.

Conclusion
You can expect many other questions from the executive in charge of the visa interview which includes, the details of the University which you are going to apply, the course which you are going to pursue, details of scholarship if any, your family background etc.

You should closely understand all the questions, and should answer them genuinely. Questions about your academic abilities and queries regarding scores in GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS can also be expected during the time of the visa interview.

http://study4free.com.ng/top-5-student-visa-interview-questions-answers-study-abroad/
bro thanx alot ... but i want you to give me a rough estimate on how much its gonna cost me to acquire Msc in us and UK...thanks
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by habsydiamond(m): 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2016
If na me eh. I go carry Olugboun go embassy. Dem neva born the person wey go say he no go give me visa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by benji93: 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2016
study4free:

Question 1:

Question 2:

Question 3:

Question 4:

Question 5:

Conclusion

You are missing the most important points, what shows you will come back to your home country? and moreover the answer to question 2 is just not good enough.some Canadian and Uk schools can stand alongside the best schools in Usa. I think in this regard you should probably be more specific, if you have a specialty already in mind, you can talk about the specific strengths of ur school in that particular field, that should be enough to qualify why you have chosen usa, your passion puts you on a better footing, asides that all in all. No matter how much you answer their questions rightly, they can still reject you, they are trained to find fault in your application. However if God says yes, who can say no.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by redcliff: 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
taylor12:
Tanx for ur advice but since he had already made a payment of visa fee. I still need a gud and convincing reasonable answer to the question let him go and try again cos to me about U. S interview questns, it's a game of luck in respective of who you are or brainy

He, he, he. Its never you. Its always your friend. See how desperate ypu spund with your comments. Its hard to believe you are not the one they are bouncing all the time at the embassy

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by chizzymi: 1:58pm On Apr 20, 2016
I can help out wit visa processing... my company actually. thanks
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
taylor12:

In my opinion, I will suggest he change his school of choice to a regular university and defend it at the embassy that based on his continuous denial and further research, he came to the conclusion that he will be better off in a regular university than Colorado Tech which is more adapted for Engineering. More so, upon necessary inquiries from friends in the HR, he learnt Nigerian companies will appreciate an accounting degree from a regular university more than one from a technical university. Lastly, knowing he wants a boost in his career and the fact that he longs for an American education, he's chosen to pursue the course from a reputable university with an excellent business college.

Having said all these, the most important thing is his confidence, charisma, and conviction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2016
fedundiran:

My candid advice..
I don't think there's really a need to pursue masters degree in Courses like accounting, business administration and the likes outside the country.
He can stay here in Nigeria and study whatever he wish to any level.. To me studying those kind of courses abroad doesn't mean you will have an edge over the graduates here or given preference in labour market since you went to study other country's business strategy and administration which might be different from ours.. Those that really need more western knowledge are those in Engineering, pure sciences and maybe Health sciences which need more practical and equipment.
Those guys might be doing you some help by not issuing you the visa...Instead of going to spend a whole lot of money there, he can consider using that amount to set up a business and move on with life.
Think wisely..

I beg to disagree. You could study any course abroad. Management is applicable anywhere and there are international business management programs. The difference is the technicality involved and not just theories.
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
taylor12:
Tanx for ur advice but since he had already made a payment of visa fee. I still need a gud and convincing reasonable answer to the question let him go and try again cos to me about U. S interview questns, it's a game of luck in respective of who you are or brainy

He could reschedule his visa appointment. He needs change his strategy. It's been pointed clearly to him what the challenge is and I believe it could have been indicated on his profile with the embassy.
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2016
taylor12:
Thanks bro. I believe that ur idea will go a long way as to help him succeed this tym cos he has used so many ideas n intend using tis naw that he chooses Colorado technical University be cos it's offers quality of education that gives right blend to both theoretical n practical knowledge n other bla bla bla

Has he checked the rating of the university's accounting program? He can't be doing same thing over and over again and expect a different response.
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2016
blueseacats:
When it comes to getting American visa, it's all psychological, the secrete is, don't come across as desperate, they hate to see people who desperately want their visa, i don't know how you intend to prove that you are not desperate, but in my case I went there wearing a bathroom slippers and looking dirty and walked out with a visa.

Dressing cool doesn't translate to been desperate. Your looks and acts will give you away faster if you are desperate.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2016
Aribambam:
pls answer me, since msc Accounting should not be considered studying abroad, what of Msc Accounting/oil and gas Accounting.

It is your choice and that of your sponsor where and what you want to study. Get convinced about what you want for yourself otherwise, you will end up confused with too many advise.
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Teryila5: 2:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
Me I dey ask sey na hw much go fit carry me go US bt nobody dey answer

Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 20, 2016
I wanna travel to the US or UK for my. Masters, can someone Put me through?
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by manuelrukky(m): 4:18pm On Apr 20, 2016
Your boo just got you the new iphone 6, now you want your infinix sold. Place an ad for free today @ www.studentsthingy.com and get buyers from your campus scramble to buy it.
Re: Top 5 Student Visa Interview Questions And Answers To Study Abroad by oc2fish: 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2016
Bobby4090:

I do not think so. They have edge by the quantity and quality of information at hand. Your futo lecturer do not have the capacity to deliver. Your futo school do not pay for subscribe data base like science direct sage etc so how will he discuss with knowledge global trend. Guy write ACA or ICAN in Nigeria. Travel only if you are in academics.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? / 7-Year-Old Son Demands Iphone From His Father, And His Father Demands This. / Unizik 2012/2013 Post Utme & Admission Update.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.