Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Daily Devotional - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional (5865 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/09/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 20/07/17 / Daily Devotional. In Grace By Grace For Grace. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:54am On Jul 20, 2016
When I speak to people on the phone or walk into their offices, I always make sure I put in the pleasantries first before I get down to business and a few times some people have actually told me nobody in their number of years doing that job has ever asked them how they were? Or if they were having a good day so far? Luke 6:31 So I make more of an effort now as I know the impact on the individual, plus I always get what I ask for as they go above and beyond to help me. So I was amazed when a friend told me about some lady's testimony. She worked in a refrigerator company and always made her pleasantries to the security guard every morning and evening. One faithful day, she said her morning pleasantries, but he didn't see her in the evening, so he waited a few hours and nothing, then he went searching for her knowing that she wouldn’t leave without saying goodbye and when he didn't find her, decided to open all the refrigerators in the shop until he found her locked up in one, almost frozen to death. He said ordinarily he wouldn't have bothered if it was any other staff, but because she took the time to say hello he was urged to look for her. Know that every little effort we make is seen even if nobody commends you, God sees and although we don’t think it matters, somebody’s life is touched by your efforts.
Prayer
Holy Spirit as my helper, teach me and remind me to be pleasant in everything I do, let me reflect Christ so that wherever I go, people will be impacted and touched by your presence in my life. Let me bring joy into every situation and people’s lives so they can be curious enough to want to know you and get this permanent joy firsthand through you in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zou8dMFJlx0
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:27am On Jul 21, 2016
When waiting for your breakthrough you'll try anything, even if it's just the once so you can tick it off the list to say you've done that and nothing happened. Some people try things for 5-10 days depending on their patience, I like to give mine 28 days as when you use face products, the manufacturers always recommends 28 days before you start to see results, so when I dump it I have beyond reasonable doubt that it doesn't work. I have long applied that to most tests I undertake, hence my collection of data for proper analysis, which is why I was surprised at myself when I was expecting something from God and didn't declare and decree for my usual 28 days or more. It then occurred to me after waiting with disappointment that you don't declare and decree just the once and expect it to work, it is an everyday thing. If I can invest time in my facial portions and lotions, Romans 12:12 why can't I put in the same time if not more for my breakthrough? So change of tactics, I might look like a crazy person when people see me talking to myself from afar, but when am walking in my blessings, those same people can see me from afar living large.
Prayer
Holy Spirit I know I have to be faithful in prayers, I know I have to still give thanks despite my trials and tribulations, but as God is on my side I am confident that I will scale through as I refuse to be labelled by my trials in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcnfT4arZtI
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:28am On Jul 22, 2016
A friend asked a spot check question the other day saying since people always said the devil is here to steal, kill and destroy. What should we say about Christ? So I said salvation, redemption and sanctification and we then got into this conversation of why people don't talk and push that more as the push that of the devil. It'll like there's more focus on the devil and his skills, which then gets people to always focus on him and what he is capable of doing. Let's get this right, the devil does steal, kills and destroys, but he is no bigger than Christ and yes, get your deliverance done, but get this right, if it's just you and God, you are in the majority. So stop putting too much emphasis on what the enemy can or cannot do and get in partnership with Christ and you'll be amazed where he'll take you to in the midst of your enemies. Psalms 23 v 5-6: So start singing God's praises as you are about to frustrate your enemies.
Prayer
Father the enemy thought they had the final say, but failed to realise who my God is, they forgot that you alone created the heavens and earth and knows where everything and everyone is, so when you lifted me up in their presence and blessed me, they could not help but bust out in praises for you and then realising they were on the wrong side, thank you Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWeEYKqAdQ8
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2016
It funny how a lot of us pray to God and are shocked at the answer he gives us, some of us don't even recognise the answers when it's been sent and we continue praying for the same thing when it's already been answered and God will be like, doesn't this child see that I have answered? We have to know that God knows best and sometimes when we want something in a particular way and then give God conditions on how he should answer it, James 4:3; that puts a delay on our blessings as he has given you a perfect wife or husband, but we fail to see the uniqueness to draw it out or the right job for the time been. We tend to have a different idea of what perfection is, as opposed to how God sees it and always want to change it to our norm. That's why a new born baby never comes out with a – “how to take care of me” manual, as the parents have to figure it out. So examine yourself and your situation and ask the Holy Spirit what you are missing so he can guide you to your assignment.
Prayer
Father I have been asking in the wrong way, oh how I now realise God! I have been expecting with conditions and restrictions as I now realise my mistakes, so Holy Spirit thank you for helping me see what the issues are about my requests and where I have been going wrong as I come back now to say I am sorry and I ask you to just answer my prayers in your own special way in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk6DesQJDOM
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
When God said he is our source and provider, he knew he also had to make a commitment to meet his end of the agreement anytime we call on him as believers. In the bible it says God is faithful, he fulfils his promises, but we also have to realise that he is also obliged to answer us as he called us and expects us not to look anywhere else for provision, so he is obligated to provide for us Luke 12:24, but we have to have faith and repent of all our sins, as these do rare their ugly heads at the most important times of our lives. God wants to do a lot more for us, but we have to come to him with a repentant and expectant heart. So invite him into your lives and give him full control as he can’t do it while you are still holding on. It’s like praying and as soon as you’re done, you let the devil convince you that God can’t do it, while he list all the obstacles, impossibilities and useless reasons why it cannot be done, then you start to believe those lies and out goes your hope.
Prayer
Father your promise and faithfulness is all I can hold on to and I have to believe that since you value me more that the birds in the air, then you’ve got me covered. So I want to thank you for your promises to provide for me and be my source in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro9KtH6cSVU
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:23am On Jul 25, 2016
When we read the bible it tells us to forgive others so God can forgive us, we go to church or prayer groups (for those that do) the emphasises is the same or to that effect and some of us wonder what and why our forgiving that person that hurt you so badly or disappointed you that much has anything to do with the current price of bread or our blessings that God promised us? I’ll just go ahead and be blunt and say, it does. If you are angry with someone and you come to God for something Matthew 5:22-24, he isn’t going to give you his attention as you there is a barrier that you have put up between yourself and God and not until you are willing to take it down by forgiving the person or people before you can come to his courts and ask him for forgiveness and then register your request. You can have faith and believe as strongly and highly as the highest mountain on earth, but the person you have the faith and belief on isn’t looking at you, so how are you going to get his attention to achieve what you want? You have to forgive and come with a repentant heart.
Prayer
Father I know I have told myself that I no longer feel any resentment or anger towards that person or the other, I know I don’t think I am still angry about that situation that happened a while ago, but I know you know and see my heart and you know best and yet you are merciful and still want to bless me that is why you are giving me another chance to repent. Thank you Father in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TVS3nhDj2o
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:03am On Jul 26, 2016
When we have plans and are excitedly working towards it and all of a sudden we start to lose interest, and things get bad where we cannot be bothered with completing the task, especially when it is for the betterment of ourselves or someone else then we have to look deep to understand that the devil is trying to snatch or has snatched our stuff trying to prevent us or our family from getting our blessings Matthew 11:12. Talking to a friend the other day who then realised she actually stood by while her stuff was snatched and the devil was actually coming back for more. She thought that was enough because she could clearly see his next move, so she has to snatch her stuff right back and prevent him from getting anymore of her things. This was not a case of thinking about it, no question or faffing around, she had to take it right back in Jesus name as we now have the Holy Spirit here in us, who helps us to stop all these violent people from running us ragged.
Prayer
Father I will not sit around and allow the enemy to frustrate, antagonise, manipulate and run me ragged, I refuse to lie around while the take all my stuff as I have authority, which you gave me personally, that is why my Lord Jesus Christ came and died for me. I know there will be oppositions and trials, but I shall make it in the name of Jesus, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaYxMs5KsBA
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:32am On Jul 27, 2016
God told us we would have trials and tribulations, but he said he'll be with us and see us through it. So with that promise why do we tend to magnify our issues more than God? A friend told me the other day that whenever she thought about a particular trial she was facing, her heart will first skip a beat, then the butterfly will go crazy in her stomach and her body temperature will regulate in such a way that she could have been pronounced clinically dead all in less than a minute and she is so tired of this. Matthew 11:28 Spoke to another friend who was having her own challenges and realised she too figuratively was on life support already and I thought No, we are children of God, we can't let the third voice in our heads be more dominant – we have to shut the devil up. So what do we do when it gets too busy in our heads? Occupy our minds by saying thanking you Jesus repeatedly. Now I know why people practicing other religion chant stuff. It isn’t easy, but persistently it works and you end up with just your voice and that of the Holy Spirit in your head and the third voice is silent.
Prayer
Father forgive me where I have made my issue bigger than you, you have always said to focus on you and everything will be fine, so I thank you for bringing me back to you in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPPMSfCdUng
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:01am On Jul 28, 2016
When things are happening in our lives and we are focused on it, we forget to realise that there is more to life than just that issue. So we stop enjoying life and our standard of living takes a downward turn as all our attention is focused on our problems. Asked a friend the other day how she was coping with the challenges she was facing and she inspired me by saying, regardless of what the outcome is - trust me this is a life and death situation; she said God has been so good to her and she was willing to accept whatever God was going to do as he is in control. It is so refreshing to know that we can trust God no matter what and not make it the focus of our everyday lives, so let us stop trying to figure out why, when and what God will do and just leave it up to him to do it Proverb 3 v 5-7.
Prayer
Father I thank you that despite everything going on around me I can still trust you. I don’t need to try and figure anything out or understand why it’s happening, I just need to focus on you to direct me on when to play my part and trust that you’ve got this in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k25itS-xYDI
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:07am On Jul 29, 2016
A few of us have some unanswered prayers out there that fell down the black hole and we sometimes wonder if God heard our prayers or if he is ever going to answer them without us realising that he has already given us feedback, but we refused to get it. So what do we say when God says No to our requests? If truth be told, I for one pretended not to hear and still went back asking and thought does God ever say No? It must have been the devil right? So when he ignored me and I went full circle, I had to revisit the request and realise it’s like knocking on a shut door leading to a volcanic eruption and asking God to open it to let me through James 4:3. The door was shut for a reason, but if I had somehow gotten the door open, the enemy would have forgotten they already had me for dinner as they would have long used some kind of desert to cleanse their pallets on me. So what are we asking God to do for us, that realistically we shouldn't be asking? What wrong doors are we banging on that was shut for a reason?
Prayer
Father if I am asking amiss and not listening to your feedback when you responded to me, forgive me as I come again to your throne to seek your face. Romans 8:26 Holy Spirit help me to hear you clearly so I can know what to pray for and not pray amiss in Jesus name, AMEN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWbp_Lbc4BQ
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:29am On Jul 30, 2016
When we come to God with our requests, we tend to get absorbed in our issues and try to figure the solution and then make recommendations to God like he is a waiter taking food order. For some looking for a partner, they specify what they like and don't like to God; for illness some tell God to make the treatment work or find a donor; for finances, some ask for a well-paying job or a mind blowing contract opportunity. After waiting for years and still nothing, our approach changes as we have grown wiser and desperate, we now come with a twist of anxiety. So we drop all the requirements and just ask God to do it anyhow he wants, we'll gladly accept and praise him as well. It's amazing how we didn't think of that in the first instance, especially when it is something very dear to us, so we had to be taught an important lesson of being able to trust God completely and not dictate to the one who knows tomorrow because he is the ancient of days Revelation 21:6.
Prayer
Father I thank you that I did not wait for ever before realising that I needed to rephrase my prayer request to you, I thank you that you are merciful to still look at me and listen when I come back with the same request, Father I trust you as you are the only one that knows tomorrow and can make my tomorrow happen in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vk1ytRvlbM
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:08am On Jul 31, 2016
I remember speaking to a friend once and he told me God had not yet picked up his file to sort out his issues, hence he was not speaking to God at that point in his life. This was before either one of us gave our lives to Christ. So I asked in my naivety how do we get his attention in the first instance, before we can then register our requests? As my thinking was I have to get him to see me first, figuratively. It's amazing how we can go round in circles for years without getting into a personal contact with God, especially if you don't know how to go about it and the frustrating thing is, you are actually attending some religious house or the other that calls themselves a church of God. Most pastors you meet are into the conveyor belt system of meeting you, putting you on a deliverance package and expecting you to hit the jackpot as soon as you finish it, yet you don't even know who and what the Holy Spirit is here for. Deliverance works, don't get me wrong, but what's the point of it when you don't continue the new found relationship with God who delivered you? As the demons will come back seven times more Matthew 12:43-45.
Prayer
Father help me to always seek you. Thank you for sending the Holy Spirit to teach me how to grow spiritually so my house can be your temple, occupy my body, spirit and soul so my life will have meaning and be in full service to you only in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdATEzsWb8g
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:10am On Aug 01, 2016
When you are living your life and you think things are going well and you go to church, serve in church, do the right things etc. You might feel you have faith to move a mountain as when you pray things do actually happen, you feel the earth move, but you wait until you hit a major trial that is life changing and that is when you realise you didn't know what faith was until then and you start to understand the difference between faith and believing, as depending on what you learnt during and after you come through at the other end will determine your religious status and faith level going forward. You haven't seen faith until you have been tested to your core and you have nothing left to give, but to just hold on and believe in God Matthew 21:22.
Prayer
Father if I’ll ask for anything and believing you have given it to me, I ask that you take me through this trial and tribulation, so I am able to give my testimony that will be impactful and bring others to the kingdom of God in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDUKGM1df48
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:37am On Aug 02, 2016
When a child misbehaves and the parents allow them to carry on, it is not for lack of not being able to discipline the child, the child probably feels they are grown enough to make decisions themselves. So when the child starts to experience difficulty and has to go back to seek the parent's help, they'll have to come back, apologise and communicate with the parent and agree to whatever the new terms and conditions would be. Although humans are different from God, but if God is the same yesterday, today and forever that means he is unchangeable Hebrew 13:8, if he is unchangeable that means our prayers, request, attitudes etc. will not change him one bit, which means all the prayers, the need to have a relationship and communicate with God are all devises to change us, so we can realign ourselves back to the will/plans of God that he originally set out for us. With that in mind, we actually are the only ones that can change our situation with a better attitude of prayer, positivity, and faith regardless of the situation we are in, hence build back the communication lines with God, enabling us to have a fulfilled relationship with him.
Prayer
Father you are unchangeable and there is proof that you have fulfilled your promises for so many of the saints both in the bible and those I know, change me so I can realign myself back to your original plans for me. Holy Spirit touch my heart and remove anything that is not allowing me to build a relationship with God and anything keeping me from being transforming like you want me to in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEqQatxRCiw
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:26am On Aug 03, 2016
Just as God knows a great deal about you, the enemy also make every effort to get information about you so he can use it against you especially when you are just about to walk into your breakthrough. Sometimes we think the trials we go through are challenges from the enemy, but God also puts us through trials to refine us and get us prepared for his kingdom Hebrew 13:21. I went through a period when almost every day came with a traffic quarrel for me, either someone is cutting in on me and they deserved the finger or another is refusing for me to park at an oh so suddenly found spot and the lashing of the tongue took effect. This was reoccurring so frequently that I had to ask God for direction and intervention and the day I did not cuss, scream or let it stress me out was when I realised I was beginning to get the fruit of the Holy Spirit and being transformed. I started smiling rather than flicking the finger at other motorist and my test turned into a testimony. I realise you can genuinely love your enemies and not project anger or hatred regardless of what they do to you. When you feel like you are constantly going round in circles and you can’t seem to get out of the revolving door when it gets to the opening, you need the emergency stop button to get you out of there and only God can show you a way when you cannot see a way.
Prayer
Father I thank you that everything is under your control as I am assured that I will make it regardless of the trials am currently facing. I ask that you help me stay focus on you so I can go through this transformation process, as I sometimes lose sight of what and who you want me to be, but I’ll trust you and let go of all restraints and attitudes so I don’t become a hindrance to my own breakthrough in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnEPgcOZGhg
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:47am On Aug 04, 2016
They enemy just love to use what they know about you to get back at you, can you imagine being married and constantly quarrelling, you wake up and the first thing you get into is a big argument with your other half. If you really think about it, you'll find out that you sometimes quarrelled in your sleep and can't seem to remember what caused it or the triviality of it all. It's all about the enemy setting you up for a horrible day and life, you need to get your life back. Do not let the enemy use you to ruin your own life Matthew 5:44. Ok so you're getting on with your prayer life and then hit this scriptures, what are you supposed to do with this? I remember someone saying once that God did not specify exactly how we should pray for the enemy, but just said we should love them. So how are you meant to pull yourself from the pits, knowing your enemy had a hand in it and then still love and pray for them? It can only take the power of the Holy Spirit to do that and pray the prayer with love in it.
Prayer
Holy Spirit give me your love, where I am thinking of packaging Holy Ghost fire to my enemy, teach me how to trust and leave everything in your capable hands as you will judge in my favor and recompense as you are always right and just in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qacrR1Bs-xk
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 10:33am On Aug 05, 2016
Some people need to let go of their baggage and learn to forgive through the power of the Holy Spirit and if we can't do that, Colossians 3:14 you aren't going anywhere as you create a stumbling block for yourself and that’s why unbelievers have the guts to say "and they call themselves Christians". If you don't forgive, you exude hate, anger even if you don't want to admit it, every little thing about that person annoys you. Learn to win the battles against the devil by learning to love, forgive and let go so the spirit of anger, hatred, frustration etc. will have to relocate back to where they came from, which is the bottomless pit. When walking with God, you have to exude positivity so his anointing can come to rest on you that means being prepared to let the Holy Spirit transform you. A friend told me the other day that she has forgiven someone, but don't know why she dreamt and was cussing the skin out of the person. So I told her she hasn't as God knows us inside out and although she thinks she doesn't need to revisit the issue, she needs to ask the Holy Spirit to touch her heart so she can forgive as this is not by her own power. What have we buried deep down inside our hearts that we think we have resolved? We need to be willing to confront and deal with it otherwise it will keep hunting us.
Prayer
Father I cannot forgive if I don’t let love come into my life and I know this is not the kind of love I can have or portray by my own strength, but by the power of the Holy Spirit’s, so God change me so I am capable of reflecting your love, which is without restrictions, prejudice, malice and boundaries in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQlH7ECAJTw
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:07am On Aug 06, 2016
When we let other people make us loose ourselves or go crazy due to anger and frustration, it is giving another person the ability to control you. I know a few people who get upset and offended at every little thing done to them. If you don't say hello, good bye or say they look nice, it upsets them and don't even talk about the big stuff like somebody doing something that upsets them - now they'll be peeling you off the ceiling. If people like that had some of the unique friends I have, they'll be upset forever as some of my friends call and as soon as the phone is picked up, they start to download whatever they called you for, you'll be lucky if you get a how are you in between. So are you going to let that upset you? For how long? As my friends call regularly you know. Don't let anyone steal your joy by letting you lose your self-control and mess up your whole life Galatians 5:22. Get you self-control back by knowing what your authority is as Christ did not die for nothing.
Prayer
Holy Spirit I cannot be molded and transformed without you, I am done trying to change my character myself, only to revert back shortly afterwards. With you I know it will be from the inside out, genuine and more permanent so take control and transform me with your 9 fruits and everything else that you know will help me build a better character enabling me come to the presence of God in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU-s4-qBj9M

1 Like

Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 10:03am On Aug 07, 2016
Have you noticed that what we read in the bible are all theories with the capability of been turned into practice. It's when you are going through something drastic that's when you try your best to remember the appropriate scripture, you then realise the true meaning of the words, how to use it and that starts to build your confidence, which in turn reinforces your relationship with God as you have to connect with him to use and apply the words appropriately. It’s quite easy to tell someone to trust God when they are in the middle of a crisis, but when we have to look at God's words, take it in and trust him based on these same words and accept that this is it! Now that is putting the cats amongst the pigeons to determine what will be left standing after the storm. John 14:1 When God says trust me, we sometimes have to go through different stages to get to a trusting position and that could take years. If we can build a relationship early with him, it is much easier to trust him as we already have a personal record of his faithfulness and we know him.
Prayer
Father I cannot use the disappointments from humans to rate or apply to you, neither can I use all the betrayals to start a relationship with you or other people. Father I forgive them so you can forgive me giving me the ability to reconnect back and build a better relationship in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwINZkNCsmM
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:08am On Aug 08, 2016
How have we grown through our trials and tribulations? What can we show for it? Are we the same people the enemy can come to after all the stresses and still try to put something on us, accuse us of something or have we outgrown such rubbish? When our relationship with God improves through our trials and we come to him regularly not just to complain, but to just relate with him, we'll realise that we can now see our enemies and actually break bread with them and still be civil. I remember somebody telling me that when I quarrel with someone, I turn round the next minute and talk to the person like nothing happened Ephesians 4:26. I guess they didn't like it and expected me to carry over the quarrel to the next day or turn it into something else, but I don't see the point. Once I have given you my piece am done as I have things to explore, relationships to build and you know not to repeat what previously went down - meaning the enemy cannot pile the same or similar rubbish on me, it just won't fit, as I know who I am in Christ.
Prayer
Father I thank you that the enemy cannot subject me into doing and committing any sin of unforgiveness, thank you that I am able to resolve all issues and not carry over grudges that will make me act on my temptations as I am being guided by the Holy Spirit in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KsfwvpcQhY
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 9:34am On Aug 09, 2016
We can't keep praying and asking God for something if we can't picture it or see ourselves getting it. If you can't see your breakthrough and you can't imagine yourself living it, it'll be hard for you to get it. Hebrews 11:13-16 You have to force the negativity out of your mind and believe the impossible is possible through him that died and rose again, because if such impossibility can happen, what are you asking God that he cannot do. Take a minute to assess this, what sort of problems, issues, trials do you have that is bigger than God? When David Cameron said he was leaving and hoped to handover in October, God said that's your timescale not mine and in less than two weeks England had a new prime minister. Who shifts season and time to suit himself as clearly we humans cannot do that, we can seek God's face and if it is according to his plans, it'll be done. So if God can shift the change of government in a country so drastically that the citizens don't want to go to bed in case they wake up with another big change affecting them, just begin to praise him and magnify his holy name for turning your circumstances around as he is more than able.
Prayer
Father forgive me where I have made my issues bigger that you, forgive me where I have lost sight of who I am in Christ and what you represent in my life. Holy Spirit help me to refocus on the things of God as I begin to glorify and lift your name in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjsoa7Mnq7w
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 8:56am On Aug 10, 2016
After going through certain issues and we eventually decide to give it to God for him to resolve, once he takes control and we start to see it manifesting in the spirit before it gets to us in the physical, it's a thing of awe and gratitude to the most high God, because he has clearly fought the battle and worn it. So when the enemy thinks they have the power to suppress, oppress and depress us to the point where we start to wonder where does power originally come from as we clearly remember that our God is the almighty and he is the I AM THAT I AM, who created the heavens and earth and nobody was there when God was putting down the foundation and yet they have the nerve to try and control our lives. We have to call time-out, refocus and readjust our mental state to the realities of this world and like the prodigal son, Luke 15:11-20; run back to our Father, knowing that regardless of all we have done in the past, he'll still take us in and fight for us once again. So if at all we are in an oppressed, depressed and suppressive state, we should tell ourselves that the pig sty is not where we belong, our Father in heaven has many mansions and they have been reserved for us.
Prayer
Father if there is anything that is opening the door for evil to enter my life and preventing me from having a more fulfilled life, I repent as I come back to you willing to obey and to let your will be done in my life in Jesus name, amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jxwHjC6Xk
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 11:52am On Aug 11, 2016
When you have been waiting for answers to your prayers for a while and you wonder why God isn't doing it as promised. Some of us wait for years and are still waiting and we say God will do it when he is ready in his own time. Let me just put this out there, we are fooling somebody, but it sure isn't God. When we ask God for something and don't see it happen immediately or after months of waiting, it can be discouraging, we start to get double minded, fear comes in, faith is walking out the door, the devil sees you are easily discouraged and moves in. It's not that God cannot do it regardless, he wants us to learn how to fight for what is ours and not give up easily. If you lose hope after waiting for a while, then you don't really know your rights and that is why Jesus came to give us back our authority, so stop acting like a child thrown into this world without a God or a heavily Father thereby allowing the devil to eat you raw when he shouldn't be in the first place, because you let him see and take control of your weakness. Show him that you have your authority back as it was given to you by the most high God and you know how to use it, so he and his demons need to back the heck off you. So stay focused on Jesus and continue to pray, praise and worship as it’s close, but you need to move closer.
Prayer
Holy Spirit help and show me what I need to do so I can understand how to get closer to God. Teach me how to break down the barriers blocking and preventing me from connecting and building a relationship with God so I can understand how and what I need to do to fight in the spirit in the name of Jesus, amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK0w36mtodY
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 11:24am On Aug 12, 2016
Do we come to God with a softly softly approach? When he says he'll do something for us that means it is done, but as we wait for it to come to fruition in the physical, waiting tend to take its toll. Do you know that while waiting there are things you ought to be doing? If you asked God for a job, you have to do up your CV and start putting it out there, as we have to give him something to work with. If you want a husband/ wife, you have to check your attitude, the way you present yourself and not look raggedy, so the right person will be receptive when you say hello, or better still when they say hello, you have to say hi, back and not with a frown. I remember a friend saying they go about their life daily without anybody even noticing then, while another friend says they always have a new commuter buddy almost every day to and from work. What is the difference between both? One constantly smiles, is approachable and acknowledges people, while the other does not. So tell me, I know God can do all things and will work with anything, but how do you expect him to swing that in your favour, when he doesn't have anything to work with. When Jacob refused to let God leave until he blessed him after an all-night wrestle, he’s intention was to get blessed or die trying Genesis 32:24-26, do you think you are the only persistent child God has had to deal with, look! Take a number as God enjoys his children asking, seeking and knocking.
Prayer
Father I thank you that you are a merciful God, I thank you that as I come to you persistently you still show me your grace and mercy, so I honour and bless your name as I come to you once again on this particular matter, asking, seeking and knocking with the understanding that you will do it in Jesus name, amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZUq9KAO640
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 1:20pm On Aug 13, 2016
Quite a few of us have relationships with God to the point where we get words or messages from him one way or the other. So when we do hear from him regarding certain issues, do we test the message to ensure it’s really from him? 1 Thessalonians 5:20-21: Some of us will feel that it's disrespectful, but he said in the bible that we should test every message that we get. It is written in the bible in several scriptures where various people have asked for confirmation, sometimes three times. So it’s nothing new and we wouldn’t be doing anything wrong by asking God if a particular issue we are dealing with is what he says it is or would be, then he should confirm it by letting us know clearly through our mention test criteria. Make it simple so you will recognise and remember it easily when it happens, but also be prepared to handle the other answer - when the sign does not happen as that is not from God or what he wants to do for you. When Gideon put God's messages through a series of tests and yet more test Judges 6:17-18; 6:39; God did not get angry as he knows that the enemy can also be deceptive, I mean false prophets were always mentioned. So let us always remember to test these things so we don't fall out of line with God otherwise we'll be doing the wrong things thinking they're from God.
Prayer
Father help me distinguish your voice from any other, let me hear you better as I go about my daily life so I can understand the messages you give me. Holy Spirit teach me to test prophesies so I know it is directly from you in Jesus name, amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XHX7Tp2wY0
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2016
Am sure some of us at one point or the other during our trials and tribulations must have thought of committing suicide, binging on drugs or alcohol, but we don't due to various reasons. Was speaking to a friend the other day and she said when she was knee deep in her issues, she thought of suicide, but a voice in her head told her she couldn't afford it as where will her husband and children get the finances to fund the funeral. So she was like, crap, I can't even afford to check out of this situation. We all have the tendency to commit suicide, but it's what pulls us back at the brink of it all that matters. When we get to that point we hear different voices and it's identifying that voice of reasoning and being obedient to the voice that determines our outcome and walk there after. We get demon possessed and/ or oppressed, we have to fill ourselves with the word of God to get out of it so we do not lose control of our minds. Possession is worse than oppression, but both are bad, so if we have any habits we want taken care of, let’s go back to Master Jesus who’ll sort it out.
Prayer
Father forgive of all my sins, I repent. I can't do it anymore, so come into my heart and remove everything that shouldn't be there as you take possession of me in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsAcaqMAuqY
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2016
A lot of us suffer from guilt when we think of negative thoughts and although we did not entertain or take it further, we worry ourselves into a state thinking God will not answer our prayers again or he will push us to the back of the queue. Relax as that is what is called temptation and if you don't act on the temptation by carrying it to the next stage of uttering the negative words or doing the act, then you have only been tempted and you can shame the devil by quickly getting back on track. Now if like some people you do the deed or say those negative words, then you have unleashed the dragon and have to look for ways to reel it back and thank God for Jesus Christ who came to give us that opportunity to undo the otherwise undoable. This is where you are actually on your own as you can't really blame the devil, because he only tempted you to breaking point, but he didn't help you do the deed - big difference. That's why, you (not him) have to ask for forgiveness, because he technically did not do anything, he only tempted you, take that to any court and it won't fly, he has his own fish to fry with God the Father. That's why you have to know the word of God to use as a weapon, constantly. Joshua 1:8.
Prayer
Father touch my heart so it’ll be opened to learning the things of the LORD, Holy Spirit help me understand the word as I meditate on them, give me clarity and understanding so I can apply it at the right time and the right situations in Jesus name, amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Be0qJw9ZE
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 3:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
When the bible says we should walk by faith, not by sight 2 Corinthians 5:7; a lot of us don't get it or know how to get ourselves to that level. The fact that we shouldn't depend on our feelings, but follow Jesus by faith, without thinking about it in the physical can be mind bugling on how to get to that point. How do you stop feeling what you feel when you think about that situation that brings up the feelings? It's like child birth, you know you have to push the child out, but are in too much pain to want to push, so in order to prevent the pain, you think holding off will help, as you try not to push. Newsflash, you can't change your mind about having the child as nature dictates when it’s time for the baby to make an entrance. So you have to push through the pain to have the baby, same as trusting God, we have to push pass our feelings of fear and know that God is able and trustworthy enough for us to rely on him.
Prayer
Father where I am lacking in faith, help me to build up my faith so I can focus on you as opposed to the physical, guide me to see things from a spiritual perspective so I can push pass the physical obstacles holding me back in Jesus name, amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0C8rhd472Y
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
We cannot live our lives by how others see us as they will not be the ones to decide if we get to go through the pearly gates when we leave this world. No human can give us salvation as somebody has already done that and that is Christ Jesus, so the only contribution people can make is either to pray for us, lead us to Christ or direct us on where to get proper guidance on how to build our relationship with God. Mark 16:15; This walk is something we as individuals have to undertake alone as there are lots of people who can lead us astray, but it's all about our determination. I remember a friend telling how they prayed for me for a long time to get my salvation and am like, am here now as my number finally came up. Other people cannot make a difference in our walk with Christ other than lead us to Christ, or help us understand how to get and stay connected with God and if they are not doing that, they become a hindrance to our walk and relationship with God and such ties need to be savaged so it does not affect our walk as we should only care what God thinks about us as we are not here to please man.
Prayer
Father I thank you for selecting me as one of your own to bring me into your kingdom, I could not have made it without you and the sacrifices you made for me and I certainly cannot maintain this relationship without your mercy and grace, so I thank you Lord in Jesus name, amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgHK-WryPRc
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
Trusting God is spiritual as when you look at everything going on around you in the physical, it is difficult to see past the load of crap you are dealing with, so your mind tries to stay on the NOW moment as opposed to what was promised. Even when you try to drag your mind to go with the promise, it will turn round and ask you "are you blind or can't you see what am processing here"? So here is where you unleash the big guns to your mind and tell it, am giving you to Jesus to sort out as I can't deal with you any longer as you are now trying to control me the owner of the mind and body. When you give it to Jesus things do start to get easier - for starters you stop thinking you've gone crazy as you cease talking to yourself like you are two people in one. Once Jesus starts to deal with your trust issues, you can now cohabit with your mind knowing that it is under control and is no longer living in the flesh. Roman 8:5.
Prayer
Holy Spirit teach me how to live in the spirit so I can understand the things of the spirit as it is not possible to tackle life’s situations without going into the spirit to resolve them, so God help me meditate on your words to give me the ability to move from the flesh into the spirit in Jesus name, amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7jdLJPnbzw
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sometimes we lie to ourselves when things take a different turn in our lives. We fail to realise that we should constantly be evolving when in Christ, we can't stay the same otherwise we'll go stale and rot. Ezekiel 36:26 When a friend lost their lucrative job and things started to go downhill, illness came in, creditors came knocking, someone who never owed anybody other than the mortgage now owes more institutions than can be counted and yet they thought if only they could get their old job back or similar, everything will be fine. Then they found Christ and realised they didn't want to go back to the old comfortable place they used to be at, but to the new place Christ promised them, but before they step into that, they had to go through a lesson in life with Christ. When God comes and messes up your old life, shuts all the doors and leaves just one door unlocked, stop banging on the locked doors praying they'll open up for you. Walk through the unlocked door and trust God to take you on the new journey he has planned for you.
Prayer
Father just like Job who thought he was living the life and didn't have anything else to offer, you came and stirred it up and showed me that my latter days will be better than my former days. I want to thank you for pushing me beyond my comfort zone so I can make a difference in Jesus name, Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3qjvU4ensk
Re: Daily Devotional by Ministerinmakin: 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2016
Bringing heaven here on earth is something most people can't fathom, but it is possible if we walk with God. Quite a few of us feel we have to just get by until we check out of this earth, while others can't cope and they check out earlier than expected through accepting the miserable situation life shoves at them, but if we are to change our situation how do we go about doing it? John 16:13 We can only achieve this impossibility by inviting Christ Jesus into our lives and that will turn our situation around through our active initiative to get to know him more, we in turn can build a better relationship with him to the point where he gives us a heads up on issues before they happen to us, around us or people we may know or not know, how great it that? So why are we allowing ourselves to be cheated out of such great opportunity and relationship?
Prayer
Holy Spirit I rely on your guidance and truth as you are the only one that can counsel me on the will of God for my life and how to achieve them, help me to understand the word of God so I can gain wisdom through it in Jesus name, amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ool78StEzE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Jesus god? / Did Jesus Drink Alcohol? / Jesus Or Mohammed: A Brief Look At 25 Differences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.