Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks (18900 Views)

Vandals Killed While Trying To Blow Up Oil Pipeline In Bayelsa. Graphic Photos / Soldiers Arrest Pipeline Vandals In Bayelsa, Rescue Kidnapped Victim In Rivers / Suspected Oil Vandals Jump Into A River On Sighting Navy Patrol Team. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by emamos: 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
A group that claimed responsibility for a major attack on a pipeline in Nigeria's oil-producing Delta region said it will carry out more strikes, just days after President Muhammadu Buhari vowed to crack down on "vandals and saboteurs".

The Niger Delta Avengers has said it carried out the attack on a Shell underwater pipeline in February which interrupted oil flows and forced the company to shut down its 250,000 barrel-a-day Forcados export terminal for weeks.

Pipeline attacks and violence have risen in the southern swampland of Africa's biggest oil exporter since authorities issued an arrest warrant in January for a former militant leader on corruption charges.
Last week Buhari, a former military ruler, said the government would crack down on pipeline saboteurs.. And on Sunday the vice president's office issued a statement that said a permanent pipeline security force was being considered.

"We are not deterred by such threats as we are highly spirited and shall continue blowing up pipelines until the Niger Delta people are no longer marginalised by the Nigerian actors," said the Niger Delta Avengers in a statement.

The Delta's oil provides 70 percent of state income in Africa's biggest economy but, like much of Nigeria, the region has seen little development which has prompted militants to demand a greater share of crude revenues.

Niger Delta Avengers, unheard of before the Forcados attack, say they want to ensure that local people enjoy a quality of life which reflects the region's contribution to the national purse.

The group said in its statement: "We take no pleasure in claiming innocent lives hence our struggle is geared toward attacking the oil installations in our region and not the people. And we shall stop at nothing until our goal is achieved."

Buhari has extended a multi-million dollar amnesty signed with militants in 2009 but upset them by ending generous pipeline protection contracts.
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo visited the damaged Forcados terminal on Friday.

Sources have said repair work on the pipeline feeding Forcados crude oil to the export terminal is expected to take until June. But the vice president's statement said repair work was expected to end in May.

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKL5N17K0SC?irpc=932

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by emamos: 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ok
Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by sweetilicious(f): 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2016
Am just watching Nigeria. If i make common sense now they will ban me again.None of my business if they blow everything. What has citizens benefitted from Nigeria?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by feldido(m): 10:08pm On Apr 17, 2016
Who Militants don EPP for this we Niger Delta sef, na so so their Belle dem de fight for.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by fulanimafia: 7:23am On Apr 18, 2016
Talk about liquid courage grin

These criminals must be dealt with heavily and decisively to clear the ogogoro hangover in their eyes that makes them think they are any match for the armed forces under the current Commander in Chief.

Those egging them on must be reminded that these are not freedom fighters because they have NEVER invested any of the proceeds of their activities in the welfare of the ND people or even attempt a clean up.

These are selfish armed criminals that, like Asari Dokubo, would rather build a University in Benin Republic while the people they claim to fight for suffer from lack of infrastructure.

I urge the military to crush any opposition to securing the waterways and pipelines, they must be reminded the difference between deadly Navy Seamen and their much loved bottle of Seaman's dry gin.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 18, 2016
I am sorry, but those Pipeline vandals don't really have much wisdom.

So, they want to vandalize pipelines, because it is their right.

Meanwhile....the environment gets damaged, jobs are lost as companies pull out, and people continue to suffer.

And it isn't like they are developing their communities, they are only looking out for their pockets.

And at the end of the day, when things get really tough....they will blame the government for their suffering.

I don't know...but the problem with certain parts of Nigeria....North and South....are the people who live there. They don't think about all the consequences of their actions....it is today's chop dem want.

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by tuoyoojo(m): 7:23am On Apr 18, 2016
ok na
these so called avengers are very wicked

they are just there to fight for their pocket

how did the mend leader help the people of the Niger delta

they destroy the land n push the region back ward with dis

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by hardywaltz(m): 7:24am On Apr 18, 2016
Na so Boko Haram been dey make noise
Niger Delta elders will not Call their youths to order now it's when Buhari will unleash Federal might on them they will start looking for Amnesty.

Gen Buratia no be person when them dey follow play small play with.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by clefstone(m): 7:24am On Apr 18, 2016
#IStandWithTheNigerDeltaAvengers. If u r with me, do the needful

All my South South brothers continue to hit like so that all the leaches on nairaland should know where we stand

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by Sunnycliff(m): 7:24am On Apr 18, 2016
If Buhari could turn a daft to Fulani murderous and arms carrying herdsmen so why would he flair up with the pipeline vandals

Is human life that fulanis destroy of less value than oil pipelines?

Watching him in 3D

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by CaptainBomb(m): 7:25am On Apr 18, 2016
Prison and Death dey wink at them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by AmAlbert(m): 7:25am On Apr 18, 2016
No wahala, make una clap for una selves una don try

*sips sips dogonyaro and aki awusa

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by Bsc(m): 7:26am On Apr 18, 2016
Media now setting up the ring for a show down..if u know what I mean.

16 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by Marv650(m): 7:26am On Apr 18, 2016
Yawn

I hate reading anything coming from Buhari camp , as much as I don't like him I don't think I hate him but I ........

happy morning

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by eleojo23: 7:26am On Apr 18, 2016
Watching...
Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by Fahj(m): 7:26am On Apr 18, 2016
We are watching the idiots and govt

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by chimah3(m): 7:26am On Apr 18, 2016
Mad pipo...mad government

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by lolademariam: 7:26am On Apr 18, 2016
Make dem no turn Nigeria into Land of war
Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by Pavore9: 7:27am On Apr 18, 2016
The country will lose revenue and be forced to explore other sectors while they pollute their environment and be forced to live with the effects of it.....they should be smarter!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by DExplorer1: 7:27am On Apr 18, 2016
This what happen when a clueless governments put power into the hands of miscreants.
Their end has come!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 18, 2016
!
Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 18, 2016
Sunnycliff:
If Buhari could turn a daft to Fulani murderous and arms carrying herdsmen so why would he flair up with the pipeline vandals

Is human life that fulanis destroy of less value than oil pipelines?

Watching him in 3D

How about the human life wrecked by the further pollution caused by the pipeline vandals.?

How about jobs lost as business pulls out?

Abeg....both the fulani v farmer and vandals are the same people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by paulo220(m): 7:28am On Apr 18, 2016
I see
Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by olaolulazio(m): 7:28am On Apr 18, 2016
The war has just begun!

4 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by folks4luv(f): 7:28am On Apr 18, 2016
I wish those militant will stop, but I don't want to b a hypocrite. if pmb is yet to send strong warning signals to d Fulanis taking precious lives, that can't be regained or repaired, it will b hypocrisy to threaten militants to stop blowing pipelines that can b repaired and restored.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by pabjo: 7:28am On Apr 18, 2016
a beg go far from me cause BH force wey I pass through is enuf for me
Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by FagsamPHP(m): 7:28am On Apr 18, 2016
k
At least they've clarified us that they are nt after the lives of innocent citizens.

The Niger delta avengers shld tread carefully cos a dictator once is always a dictator grin

3 Likes

Re: Pipeline Vandals Vow Further Niger Delta Attacks by Sunnycliff(m): 7:29am On Apr 18, 2016
ibkgab001:
Children of the hate... One of them is rightly above me
You no go tire to dey queue for mega

Even the zombies also queue for fuel!

#proudly5%

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspected Child Kidnapper Apprehended In Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State. / Policeman Insults Okada Man For Giving Him N100 (Video) / Young Robbers Terrorizing Anambra State Arrested By Police Operatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.