Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (83578 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by theMEGAman(m): 5:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Daylight robbery. Na them send me go school?
The igbos are inadvertently selling off their daughters, and then when the man struggles to pay through his shi.t hole, tomorrow people would be talking of gender equality when he beats his wife silly for acting childish.
He has acquired the right over her head.
Gender based violence is wrong buh the igbo elders who should know better are encouraging it, for the pleasure of a few cartons of hot drinks.
Talk of the value they place on Igbo ladies. Pathetic.
my brother don't mention igbos mention ur state cos my side NNEWI south anambra state will never quote any amount to u for the bride price but u can do anything u have as price from #500 up, out of the money u brought as a price the father of the girl will only take #100 (but it optional some will take all)and give u back the rest and pray for u and ur bride, no matter the level of the bride in education all are equal in term of marriage, for drinks we don't joke with it cos it constitutional to the kindred and villagers, I don't think that u can spend much if want to marry Enugu and ebonyi girl cos my brothers marry in this two state and I know how much they spend. Come to IMO state I will never advise any of my friend to go and marry in IMO . I surprised to see this abia listoo, I can compel it with IMO. so before getting married to any girl ask for their list first so that u will not cry at last .

1 Like

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by agabaI23(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2016
amtaken:
Bride price is not expensive in AKS.

Story that touches the bombom...a friend of mine maried someone from Akwa Ibom and another from Akwaibom just got married.

The guy that married from Akwaibom paid 1.3 million as bride price after it was negotiated downwards

When I told my AKS friend who was about to marry, she said hers was cheap, that her people were demanding way more than that

So talk to me

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by poseidon12: 5:22pm On Apr 18, 2016
sapiosexual1:
The igbos are inadvertently selling off their daughters, and then when the man struggles to pay through his shi.t hole, tomorrow people would be talking of gender equality when he beats his wife silly for acting childish.
Gender based violence is wrong buh the igbo elders who should know better are encouraging it, for the pleasure of a few cartons of hot drinks.

It's not the same in all parts of Igbo land. In most parts of Anambra State, you pay very little (less than #10000). And some families will collect it and then hand it back to you. It's becoming just a formality.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by cbrass(m): 5:22pm On Apr 18, 2016
iphunanya:
My bride price is over 200k shocked

Don't worry I can pay it, if you want me to wink
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by agabaI23(m): 5:25pm On Apr 18, 2016
mildflame:

Da AKWA IBOM de VERY sensible!
Really? Why?
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by kenex4ever(m): 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2016
I am from Abia and ours is very cheap Dats all I can say
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2016
theMEGAman:
my brother don't mention igbos mention ur state cos my side NNEWI south anambra state will never quote any amount to u for the bride price but u can do anything u have as price from #500 up, out of the money u brought as a price the father of the girl will only take #100 (but it optional some will take all)and give u back the rest and pray for u and ur bride, no matter the level of the bride in education all are equal in term of marriage, for drinks we don't joke with it cos it constitutional to the kindred and villagers, I don't think that u can spend much if want to marry Enugu and ebonyi girl cos my brothers marry in this two state and I know how much they spend. Come to IMO state I will never advise any of my friend to go and marry in IMO . I surprised to see this abia listoo, I can compel it with IMO. so before getting married to any girl ask for their list first so that u will not cry at last .
Lol. thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by kelvinclint(m): 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2016
This is just what you pay apart form the expenses of the wedding day itself. Well after everything the lady does not expect you to be equal in that marriage. You will be her Lord and personal saviour.
Lols.. Thats true o
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2016
poseidon12:

It's not the same in all parts of Igbo land. In most parts of Anambra State, you pay very little (less than #10000). And some families will collect it and then hand it back to you. It's becoming just a formality.
Noted! Thanks
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by mikylon(m): 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2016
This list is somewhat similar with akwa ibom , if not even more. Talking from experience.
Some tribes sha.... ONLY BABA GOD go jugde dem
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by schumastic(m): 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2016
monalisa185, keribaby,pinkbarbie come and see your misplaced bride price list ooo grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by basadenet: 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
hungry people
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by amtaken(f): 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2016
The guy's in-law probably duped him because he did not know about the custom. Let him go ahead and sue them and collect his money back.

agabaI23:
Story that touches the bombom...a friend of mine maried someone from Akwa Ibom and another from Akwaibom just got married.

The guy that married from Akwaibom paid 1.3 million as bride price after it was negotiated downwards

When I told my AKS friend who was about to marry, she said hers was cheap, that her people were demanding way more than that

So talk to me
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by vanvickie(m): 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
Wow.. Dats my state.. My Home town.. Well it's kinda xpensive 4d average man bt bsyds d bride price of 200k coz me go marry who don graduate. D remaining tynz r jst much bt nt costly if u calculate dem.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by joanana(f): 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2016
donbenedict:
Lol abia babes still rock. Try imo state

Imo State bride price list na learner when compared to your list shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ogini shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ndi Abia Kwenu!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry m not happy at all!!!! Infact that girls towns men are greedy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

hmmmmm nnna wa ooooo
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by schumastic(m): 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
bride price as much as i know varies from community to community. Op you cant tell me this is what evry community in abia state gives their inlaw,. if you tell me that i wont blive it.... But come to think of it somethings on that list are very appalling. nairalanders show me some love, its my birthday today.

happy birthday
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by agabaI23(m): 6:25pm On Apr 18, 2016
amtaken:
The guy's in-law probably duped him because he did not know about the custom. Let him go ahead and sue them and collect his money back.

The second girl is from AKS, and the husband from AKS.
She also said her sisters husband paid more.
Oya, what is the average bride price in AKS?
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by amtaken(f): 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2016
It depends on the man's capacity. Whatever bride price the family gives you you negotiate with them. Some fathers will just pick a piece out of the whole money and give the rest back to the man.

Even living room (parlour marriage) is accepted in AKS if the man doesn't have much.

AKS people are very peaceful.

agabaI23:
The second girl is from AKS, and the husband from AKS.
She also said her sisters husband paid more.
Oya, what is the average bride price in AKS?
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by just2endowed: 6:37pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ada9103:
I rep imo......ours ain't this huge......maka gini? The official bride price is #45......

Lies
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by donbenedict(m): 6:47pm On Apr 18, 2016
joanana:

Imo State bride price list na learner when compared to your list shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ogini shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ndi Abia Kwenu!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry m not happy at all!!!! Infact that girls towns men are greedy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

hmmmmm nnna wa ooooo

everyone knws imo bride price is the highest in nigeria
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by snadguy007(m): 7:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
Nickymezor:
Hahaha. As collateral ke ? U no well abeg... grin Na persin oo, nt an object nw. it's pretty high tho.
Lol.... I go use her get my money back cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by 1bye1(m): 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2016
Lol... d family won open wine shop?.... angry grin
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by bofoy(m): 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
agabaI23:

So talk to me
A BIG LIE FROM THE SON OF DOOM, MY UNCLES WIFE FROM AKS I SAW THE LIST THERE GAVE HIM IT WASNT COSTLY AT ALL I WAS EVEN SURPRISE, WE ALL KWN THAT IGBOS ARE GREEDY NATURALLY STOP PRETENDING
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by bofoy(m): 7:30pm On Apr 18, 2016
IGBOS AND GREED I CAN T MARRY THERE O O O
make dem no use their greed tidy me
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by mildflame: 7:43pm On Apr 18, 2016
agabaI23:
Really? Why?
EXPERIENCE
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by agabaI23(m): 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2016
amtaken:
It depends on the man's capacity. Whatever bride price the family gives you you negotiate with them. Some fathers will just pick a piece out of the whole money and give the rest back to the man.

Even living room (parlour marriage) is accepted in AKS if the man doesn't have much.

AKS people are very peaceful.

I never said AKS is evil. Even in Mbaise, some families will ask the man to do for the kindred and forget them if he cannot.
You are kind of confirming that the money could be a burden and some families do it differently to help the man.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by toprealman: 8:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
donbenedict:
I knw anambra brideprice is very very cheap..
I know a villa in abia that collect 25 naira only!!! Another village in umuahia takes much less than what we have on that list....just like the Anambra villa you know.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by mildflame: 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
agabaI23:

So talk to me

EGO TRIPPING
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Kennydoc(m): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Your post makes no sense, honestly.
Have you ever read that there are more cases of domestic violence meted on Igbo ladies than ladies from other tribes in Nigeria? If you care to know, divorce is more among Yorubas than Igbos, and Igbo men are more caring towards their wives than men from many other tribes.

Even though I don't encourage families making heavy demands on their prospective in-laws, the truth is that no amount charged will be enough to cover what the parents really spent in raising their daughters, especially when the said girls are responsible.

Also, it's not in all Igbo states that you see all these high demands for marriage. Such things are rarely seen in Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi. Marriage in these 3 states I mentioned, on the average could be as cheap as in many other parts of Nigeria.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by IRserveMyComent(f): 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2016
schumastic:

happy birthday
thanks dear.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2016
warris dis?
looks like this year's budget to me.
make dem forward am to Senate make dem sign am abeg.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by UkwuNnu(m): 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2016
OLOKORO here I come!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Son Caught I And His Mother In The Most Embarassing Way / I’ve Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Taunts Neighbour In Lagos / 'RIP To My Useless Father' - Corper Celebrates His Father's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.