Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (83736 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by silverspringle(f): 10:48pm On Apr 18, 2016
sayitright:

hmm Ikeduru dey expensive? last time I checked we don't charge much in Umudim.
Dont mind him. I'm from Ikeduru, Iho precisely and the bride price is not expensive.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Sharoniah(f): 11:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
I don't agree with this, anyway umuahia collects N60 for bride price, then less than a 100K for buying every other thing.
so who will not marry From my place?
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by 9t9jacobs: 11:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
deadie:
I am from Umuahia. Any village can decide what they want, but the official bride price in my village is N60. This is the amount returned to the man in case of divorce. But of course there is a list for entertainment/refreshment which can be bargained/scaled to the ability of the groom.

Why then bring money when you can equally buy agege bread and present to your umunna.
I think your people also encourages divorce..I fear una pass.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by 9t9jacobs: 12:12am On Apr 19, 2016
Even if you are marrying the daughter of a chief priest!!! By my total calculations: $3200 = 1 wife!!!! I can imagine the number of OLD singles in that town and the OLD babes who will eventually be laid off to any "at all at all na im bad pass" husbands or even widowers. (Talking from experience). Good help Olokoro babes. Useless hungry kinsmen too!
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Salym(m): 12:14am On Apr 19, 2016
They always include alcohol in their marriage lists. I just dont know why.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by amtaken(f): 12:16am On Apr 19, 2016
Like I said before, it has to do with the family of the girl.

Don't put words into my mouth please.

Good night.

agabaI23:
I never said AKS is evil. Even in Mbaise, some families will ask the man to do for the kindred and forget them if he cannot.
You are kind of confirming that the money could be a burden and some families do it differently to help the man.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by tuk2ato(m): 1:53am On Apr 19, 2016
At list 22, the groom retroactively paid for the schooling of the bride. All these demands will make one think that the family of the bride wants to open a bar of some sort, by the way who is the person that wants to smoke the 2 packets of Benson and Hedges. Didnt know Star beer is that popular in the East. Ibos dont joke with 'Ahcohal'
FlirtyKaren:

Anybody here planning to get married to a lady from Abia state soon? Here is the reviewed marriage list of Itaja Umuelile, Olokoro,

, Abia State.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/04/guys-see-2016-bride-price-in-abia-state.html

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Chrisjane(f): 2:11am On Apr 19, 2016
deadie:
I am from Umuahia. Any village can decide what they want, but the official bride price in my village is N60. This is the amount returned to the man in case of divorce. But of course there is a list for entertainment/refreshment which can be bargained/scaled to the ability of the groom.

I am from Umuahia too and l totally disagree with you. The elderly men and women are very greedy that they dont agree to bargain/scale down anything to the ability of the groom. I have witnessed several marriage proceedings including that of my relatives. When the groom and his family pleaded for a reduction in the outrageous marriage list, they vehemently refused and threatened to leave. You know what? They actually carried out their threat and left! They actually came back after pleadings from all and sundry. This wasnt a one time experience.
I want to use this forum to expose the avaricious nature of people from that part who made no contributions to a childs life but will come and start dictating what ought or ought not when the child has grown. Is unfair! The parents are always on the loosing side as they will encourage the prospective groom to forget about doing anything for them but should rather fulfill the requirements in the marriage list for the Umunnas, umuadas, the youths and others. Thats for the understanding parents oooo.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Chrisjane(f): 2:15am On Apr 19, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Daylight robbery. Na them send me go school?
The igbos are inadvertently selling off their daughters, and then when the man struggles to pay through his shi.t hole, tomorrow people would be talking of gender equality when he beats his wife silly for acting childish.
He has acquired the right over her head.
Gender based violence is wrong buh the igbo elders who should know better are encouraging it, for the pleasure of a few cartons of hot drinks.
Talk of the value they place on Igbo ladies. Pathetic.

This moniker is familiar. Are you Alex?
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by player007(m): 4:51am On Apr 19, 2016
sagemode007:
I marry from Mba5 i only pay 15k for bride price and it also depend the family you dey enter.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by player007(m): 4:53am On Apr 19, 2016
sagemode007:
I marry from Mba5 i only pay 15k for bride price and it also depend the family you dey enter.
It all depends on two things. Her level of education and her position in the family. If she's the first child, then be ready to pay through your Nose.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Isaacflow(m): 7:11am On Apr 19, 2016
Hmmmmm not too bad is still affordable
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 19, 2016
Chrisjane:

This moniker is familiar. Are you Alex?

The moniker shouldn't be familiar, it should be unique smiley
Am not Alex, except you choose to call me Alex grin
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 19, 2016
iphunanya:
My bride price is over 200k shocked
No problem, you go soon enter the same train with Linda Ikeji
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by christopher123(m): 7:51am On Apr 19, 2016
GuyfawkesAB:
Why una go con blame those poor boys wey dey carry cocaine and heroine everywhere?

The whole igbo community system needs a re-orientation

I am an Igbo and we don't need reorientation.. Good things are not cheap

I am a married man and it takes a man to marry

Go to India and see married rites
Go to Japan
Go to Korea

It is our culture and we ain't complaining

Easy come easy go

You have to get prepared for the list and mind you that the list is debatable

1 Like

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by christopher123(m): 7:56am On Apr 19, 2016
Chrisjane:

I am from Umuahia too and l totally disagree with you. The elderly men and women are very greedy that they dont agree to bargain/scale down anything to the ability of the groom. I have witnessed several marriage proceedings including that of my relatives. When the groom and his family pleaded for a reduction in the outrageous marriage list, they vehemently refused and threatened to leave. You know what? They actually carried out their threat and left! They actually came back after pleadings from all and sundry. This wasnt a one time experience.
I want to use this forum to expose the avaricious nature of people from that part who made no contributions to a childs life but will come and start dictating what ought or ought not when the child has grown. Is unfair! The parents are always on the loosing side as they will encourage the prospective groom to forget about doing anything for them but should rather fulfill the requirements in the marriage list for the Umunnas, umuadas, the youths and others. Thats for the understanding parents oooo.

As an Igbo man..you don't need all the elderly men to he there because you can't please all..even Jesus couldn't please 12

If a handful of them are there ..the show must go on

My sister married and been the first son and dad late..they brought list ....I just cancelled so many things and I called then bluffs. I asked them how many of them contributed money for her education and others .

They couldn't say anything. The igba nkwu continued seamlessly

It all depends in the father and uncles of the bride . once the male family members are okay . call others bluff.

I am an Anambra man . that's how e roll

Kwusi imebo anyi ebe a...inugo

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Talius(m): 8:10am On Apr 19, 2016
If I pay all these money, let me hear that one yeye extended family wants help, or wants to come live with me. #WhoTheirListDonEpp
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by SortCode(m): 9:29am On Apr 19, 2016
snadguy007:
Make dem kukuma chop the lady as dem no wan make she marry.
And if by mistake, i pay dis brideprice, i go just use her as collateral to collect loan from bank
undecided
cheesy cheesy
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Pchidexy(m): 9:56am On Apr 19, 2016
Baludu1:
. You are correct who ever think that Abia state marriage right,custom and tradition is on a high side should try IMO STATE Especially MBANO and MBAISE. Then you will know that khaki no be leather.

Remove Isiala Mbano from your useless assertion.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Pchidexy(m): 10:04am On Apr 19, 2016
theMEGAman:
my brother don't mention igbos mention ur state cos my side NNEWI south anambra state will never quote any amount to u for the bride price but u can do anything u have as price from #500 up, out of the money u brought as a price the father of the girl will only take #100 (but it optional some will take all)and give u back the rest and pray for u and ur bride, no matter the level of the bride in education all are equal in term of marriage, for drinks we don't joke with it cos it constitutional to the kindred and villagers, I don't think that u can spend much if want to marry Enugu and ebonyi girl cos my brothers marry in this two state and I know how much they spend. Come to IMO state I will never advise any of my friend to go and marry in IMO . I surprised to see this abia listoo, I can compel it with IMO. so before getting married to any girl ask for their list first so that u will not cry at last .

It is obvious you are illiterate. Why should you generalize? Have you married from every community in Imo state. Onye apali!!
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by pinkyspice(f): 10:12am On Apr 19, 2016
This list very cheap compare to what is given to my hubby in Rivers state.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Pchidexy(m): 10:25am On Apr 19, 2016
Kennydoc:

Your post makes no sense, honestly.
Have you ever read that there are more cases of domestic violence meted on Igbo ladies than ladies from other tribes in Nigeria? If you care to know, divorce is more among Yorubas than Igbos, and Igbo men are more caring towards their wives than men from many other tribes.

Even though I don't encourage families making heavy demands on their prospective in-laws, the truth is that no amount charged will be enough to cover what the parents really spent in raising their daughters, especially when the said girls are responsible.

Also, it's not in all Igbo states that you see all these high demands for marriage. Such things are rarely seen in Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi. Marriage in these 3 states I mentioned, on the average could be as cheap as in many other parts of Nigeria.

And the other two?
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by pretty16(f): 10:28am On Apr 19, 2016
I am from Abia state, and this is nonsense to me. The Worst part of this is people that will drink all this, some of them don't even know your name and when you were born. Msheeeew. angry
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Pchidexy(m): 10:31am On Apr 19, 2016
christopher123:

I am an Igbo and we don't need reorientation.. Good things are not cheap

I am a married man and it takes a man to marry

Go to India and see married rites
Go to Japan
Go to Korea

It is our culture and we ain't complaining

Easy come easy go

You have to get prepared for the list and mind you that the list is debatable

Idiots will never understand this especially Yorobbers with their smelly women. Marriage is a milestone in a man's life. It should be prepared for. Every goddamn thing in the list is negotiable.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by pwettiejay(f): 10:35am On Apr 19, 2016
Indeed, tell an igbo lady yhu want to marry her and u'r owing her already
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Pchidexy(m): 10:46am On Apr 19, 2016
For the records and for those who keep talking nonsense about Imo state: Bride price is not the main issue but the other items in the list. In my community in particular,we don't do Igbankwu.

The list and the pride price for an average man can NEVER exceed #200,000. Unless,you want to massage your ego.

All towns do not have the same list. Some are cheap,some are expensive. List vary from kindred to kindred in the same village.

Igbos value their women so non Igbos may not understand why we fulfill these hard tasks to prove our love.

I personally think that bride price should be scrapped. It makes women object for men.

Those Igbos shouting Imo state Imo state kilode? Abi una no dey give list plus igbankwu.

Hypocrites everywhere!!!

1 Like

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by christopher123(m): 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2016
Pchidexy:

Idiots will never understand this especially Yorobbers with their smelly women. Marriage is a milestone in a man's life. It should be prepared for. Every goddamn thing in the list is negotiable.

Funny enough..It is non igbos that complain most especially. If a man is ready to marry in Igbo land...He should get prepared.

Simple...I am getting sick of

Igbo this Igbo that...We aint the only tribe in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by chikss99(f): 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
Whizzcute:

No matter how long ur post is, but it made no sense
he is senseless and Dnt hv any regard on women.if u really hv a sister she will receive her own sacrament hourly, whether the husband pays or not,and if eventually the husband didn't pay wow is a free leverage.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Pchidexy(m): 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
christopher123:

Funny enough..It is non igbos that complain most especially. If a man is ready to marry in Igbo land...He should get prepared.

Simple...I am getting sick of

Igbo this Igbo that...We aint the only tribe in Nigeria

My brother I tire o! Same waste people that father children from every kind of women. They keep masturbating on Igbo matters! Smh!

1 Like

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by christopher123(m): 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2016
They see igbo womenm as their HOLY GRAIL.Igbos are not even complaining. It is rare for you to see an igbo man that have not married a woman of his choice because of list. It is manly to marry and GOOD THINGS DO NOT COME CHEAP

EVERYDAY IGBO THIS AND THAT

Pchidexy:

My brother I tire o! Same waste people that father children from every kind of women. They keep masturbating on Igbo matters! Smh!
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Whizzcute(m): 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2016
chikss99:
he is senseless and Dnt hv any regard on women.if u really hv a sister she will receive her own sacrament hourly, whether the husband pays or not,and if eventually the husband didn't pay wow is a free leverage.
lol, the guy's clueless
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 3:48pm On Apr 19, 2016
A village in igbo land did this doesn't mean every other village too have a price tag place on their daughters.What I know is bride price differ from 1 family to another.
sapiosexual1 post=d 44794819:
Daylight robbery. Na them send me go school?
The igbos are inadvertently selling off their daughters, and then when the man struggles to pay through his shi.t hole, tomorrow people would be talking of gender equality when he beats his wife silly for acting childish.
He has acquired the right over her head.
Gender based violence is wrong buh the igbo elders who should know better are encouraging it, for the pleasure of a few cartons of hot drinks.
Talk of the value they place on Igbo ladies. Pathetic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Son Caught I And His Mother In The Most Embarassing Way / I’ve Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Taunts Neighbour In Lagos / 'RIP To My Useless Father' - Corper Celebrates His Father's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.