Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Five Things That Matters In Long Distance Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Five Things That Matters In Long Distance Relationships (1130 Views)

How True Is This About Long Distance Relationships / Five Things A Woman Can Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex / Ways To Make Long Distance Relationships Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Things That Matters In Long Distance Relationships by samhay: 8:47pm On Apr 17, 2016
I am not here to talk about Trust,Respect, Faith and Love which all matter in any kind of relationship. I will instead be pointing out necessities that only couples braving the distance can understand.

Its almost a year now that My bae and I suddenly found ourselves in a situation we never dreamed to be in-- but somehow,we just had to

By the power of the universe we are over 6000kilometers apart -- slogging it through every single day.

Below are six practical things that any couple in an LDR would need to survive.

1. THE INTERNET

Thank goodness for mobile data and WiFi and well some good app that help calling very easy and at subsidised rate.
The internet and its accessibility is perhaps the best thing that ever happened to LDR lovers. You may get in touch with your partner anytime, anywhere without having to worry about how much you have to pay for every message.

2. EMOJIS

Its amazing how apps and smartphones have designed today's emojis. We are no longer limited to the happy,the sad, and the crying faces. We now have all the options that we need to express how we fell about something,because let's face it,some emotions just couldn't be typed. We need emphasis and interjections. Know how ro use your emojis and be creative!

3. PHOTO/SELFIES

You may not be the kind of person whose phone is filled with a million and one selfies,but trust me: When you go for an LDR, You would have to take a picture more often than you think. A selfie of you just woken up, a selfie at the elevator on your way to work,a selfie at work,a selfie at the mall,a sleepy selfie--name it. But just be mindful of your surrounding before taking the shot.

Why do LDR lovers need selfies?

Aside from the fact that it helps your partner have an idea on how your looks are changing every day(how your beard looks,how you are looking fair). It also involves him or her in your daily life. So no matter how camera shy you are,take a selfie from time to time. You won't have to post it for all anyway.

[i]For instance, might b busy at work,bae just be like
'Make I c ur face o'[/I]

Sometimes I be like
Oh my God, why she wan see my face now when am this busy.

I no get choice, I just have to find space send give her.

On seeing it she must comment another chat start

Chai,u no know say I dey work ni? (Within myself).

But its fun.

4. SPACE

You might think a couple in an LDR already has all the "space" in the world compared to clingy lovers who spend everyday with each other.
Wrong,we do need our own bubbles too. There are times your partner just feel like having some hours on his own without any contact with anyone to sort out somethings in her life--respect that and find your piece of quiet too once in a while.

5. PLAN

Plans are the core of an LDR. Or is the most important thing for a couple who live each day waiting for the next time they will see each other again.
The future is scary,it really is. We may not admit to each other, but it is hard to hold on to what you cannot know for sure.
Too many things can happen and the sad stories of couples falling apart because of the tormenting distance is not helping at all.

SETTING GOALS helps ease this anxiety. Having something to look forward to is a key to survival.

It will take a while, but it will all be worth it for sure.

There are many other things that did not make the list,cos as I dey type this,she is playfully chatting with me and she is not getting the right vibe,so I need to concentrate

I LOVE YOU TREASURE....

Bonus

*Video calls
Re: Five Things That Matters In Long Distance Relationships by donbenedict(m): 8:53pm On Apr 17, 2016
Video calls is as important as anythn...

It's a pity nigerian babes are too shy to make a simple video call

1 Like

Re: Five Things That Matters In Long Distance Relationships by Bluezy13(m): 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
Hmmm...

well, for those who love
Re: Five Things That Matters In Long Distance Relationships by Bluezy13(m): 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2016
Hmmm...

well, for those who love
Re: Five Things That Matters In Long Distance Relationships by just2okworld(f): 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
samhay:
I am not here to talk about Trust,Respect, Faith and Love which all matter in any kind of relationship. I will instead be pointing out necessities that only couples braving the distance can understand.

Its almost a year now that My bae and I suddenly found ourselves in a situation we never dreamed to be in-- but somehow,we just had to

By the power of the universe we are over 6000kilometers apart -- slogging it through every single day.

Below are six practical things that any couple in an LDR would need to survive.

1. THE INTERNET

Thank goodness for mobile data and WiFi and well some good app that help calling very easy and at subsidised rate.
The internet and its accessibility is perhaps the best thing that ever happened to LDR lovers. You may get in touch with your partner anytime, anywhere without having to worry about how much you have to pay for every message.

2. EMOJIS

Its amazing how apps and smartphones have designed today's emojis. We are no longer limited to the happy,the sad, and the crying faces. We now have all the options that we need to express how we fell about something,because let's face it,some emotions just couldn't be typed. We need emphasis and interjections. Know how ro use your emojis and be creative!

3. PHOTO/SELFIES

You may not be the kind of person whose phone is filled with a million and one selfies,but trust me: When you go for an LDR, You would have to take a picture more often than you think. A selfie of you just woken up, a selfie at the elevator on your way to work,a selfie at work,a selfie at the mall,a sleepy selfie--name it. But just be mindful of your surrounding before taking the shot.

Why do LDR lovers need selfies?

Aside from the fact that it helps your partner have an idea on how your looks are changing every day(how your beard looks,how you are looking fair). It also involves him or her in your daily life. So no matter how camera shy you are,take a selfie from time to time. You won't have to post it for all anyway.

[i]For instance, might b busy at work,bae just be like
'Make I c ur face o'[/I]

Sometimes I be like
Oh my God, why she wan see my face now when am this busy.

I no get choice, I just have to find space send give her.

On seeing it she must comment another chat start

Chai,u no know say I dey work ni? (Within myself).

But its fun.

4. SPACE

You might think a couple in an LDR already has all the "space" in the world compared to clingy lovers who spend everyday with each other.
Wrong,we do need our own bubbles too. There are times your partner just feel like having some hours on his own without any contact with anyone to sort out somethings in her life--respect that and find your piece of quiet too once in a while.

5. PLAN

Plans are the core of an LDR. Or is the most important thing for a couple who live each day waiting for the next time they will see each other again.
The future is scary,it really is. We may not admit to each other, but it is hard to hold on to what you cannot know for sure.
Too many things can happen and the sad stories of couples falling apart because of the tormenting distance is not helping at all.

SETTING GOALS helps ease this anxiety. Having something to look forward to is a key to survival.

It will take a while, but it will all be worth it for sure.

There are many other things that did not make the list,cos as I dey type this,she is playfully chatting with me and she is not getting the right vibe,so I need to concentrate

I LOVE YOU TREASURE....

Bonus

*Video calls

Hmmmmmmmmm
nice one up there my darling
Re: Five Things That Matters In Long Distance Relationships by juniorportland(m): 9:05pm On Apr 17, 2016
experience they say is the best teacher.......I am never ever doing that distance shit anymore

juniorportland
Re: Five Things That Matters In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
true op but that it worked for you doesn't mean it'll work for everyone else
Re: Five Things That Matters In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 17, 2016
This makes so much sense... Nice write up OP wink

1 Like

Re: Five Things That Matters In Long Distance Relationships by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
juniorportland:
experience they say is the best teacher.......I am never ever doing that distance shit anymore

juniorportland

Hmmmm..life isn't measured by the number of times you fall...but by the number of times ure willing to get back up and try again smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Things That Matters In Long Distance Relationships by babyfaceafrica: 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2016
Long distance relationship is crap..if you like continue ..but when you are hhurt to come to nairaland to complain cos no one cares!!!!
Re: Five Things That Matters In Long Distance Relationships by just2okworld(f): 2:46pm On Apr 30, 2016
[quote author=babyfaceafrica post=44797002]Long distance relationship is crap..if you like continue ..but when you are hhurt to come to nairaland to complain cos no one cares!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Like Seriously Why Do You Take Codeine? / Man Caught Having Sex With His Friends Wife In His Car / How To Know A Woman That Likes You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.