Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,762 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:34 AM

Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? (21245 Views)

Five Fastest Growing Small Scale Businesses In Nigeria / 10 Small Scale Businesses You Can Start With As Low As N5,000 / I Have N500,000 Cash, What Profitable Business Can I Start? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by refiner(f): 10:36am On Apr 18, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

How u take know, u don run the busines b4?
...lol!...u don't know?...am d CEO of mama put!wink
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by Segadem(m): 10:36am On Apr 18, 2016
aloeman15:
Buka or restaurant?
In your house or rented?
For drivers or executives?
Local or continental?
Busy or quiet area?
Hired staff or family biz?
Plastic or wooden furniture?
Remodel the site, or use as is?
Ac or fan?
Terrestial or dstv?
Linoleum or tiles?
Monday to sunday or weekdays only?
Parking or no parking?
Pure water or bottled water?
Minerals or alcohol?
Freezer or ice block?
Whatever you do, beta reserve at least 10-20% for marketing your biz k?
Goodluck.
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by stubbornman(m): 10:43am On Apr 18, 2016
aloeman15:
Buka or restaurant? In your house or rented? For drivers or executives? Local or continental? Busy or quiet area? Hired staff or family biz? Plastic or wooden furniture? Remodel the site, or use as is? Ac or fan? Terrestial or dstv? Linoleum or tiles? Monday to sunday or weekdays only? Parking or no parking? Pure water or bottled water? Minerals or alcohol? Freezer or ice block? Whatever you do, beta reserve at least 10-20% for marketing your biz k? Goodluck.
oga eeeeeeeeh wetin hapun nah
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by Firstlieutenant(m): 10:45am On Apr 18, 2016
refiner:

...lol!...u don't know?...am d CEO of mama put!wink

Na only god know how many people u go don kill with food poisoning.
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by Truly1: 10:46am On Apr 18, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Depends on the area and staff strenght?..just start one small canteen and be patient.....food business is lucrative but you must be careful..bad belle full am
Please tell me the job, trade or business wey no get bad belle!
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by justmenoni: 10:53am On Apr 18, 2016
In as much as your analysis is on point some ppl are still coming to call u bad belle or enemy of progress.. Op please look and comprehend this post of aloeman15 and please hope you don't have too much family and friends around the area or in ibadan as a whole?

Maybe you can start frozen food business to me that's still less stressful than restaurant.

aloeman15:
Buka or restaurant?
In your house or rented?
Local or continental?
Busy or quiet area?
Ac or fan?
Terrestial or dstv?
Linoleum or tiles?
Parking or no parking?
Minerals or alcohol?
Freezer or ice block?
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by bedspread: 10:54am On Apr 18, 2016
MORE THAN ENOUGH!!
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by babyfaceafrica: 10:56am On Apr 18, 2016
Truly1:
Please tell me the job, trade or business wey no get bad belle!
olosho
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by Arewa12: 11:01am On Apr 18, 2016
nawa 4 you na 1 billion u wan take open am
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by ushmoney: 11:01am On Apr 18, 2016
It can do so if only u mean biznes...life is all abt makin a step. D only tin I'll advce u is ...make sure d place is clean no mata d locality cook gud food make a 9ice place weRe ladys can freedem selfs...start 4rm somwere u'll get dere ok
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by refiner(f): 11:05am On Apr 18, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

Na only god know how many people u go don kill with food poisoning.
...lol!...and u will soon join dem soon!tongue
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 18, 2016
Onuohasworld:
is the shop rent inclusive in the 500,00k...?i have very clean usA used micro wave for sale..very cheap..since ur just starting

Igboman

1 Like

Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by Firstlieutenant(m): 11:18am On Apr 18, 2016
refiner:

...lol!...and u will soon join dem soon!tongue

Na suffer u go suffer be that o! We go see how u go take train our kids, when you make dem fatherless.
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by tfcinvests: 11:20am On Apr 18, 2016
Not to forget Ibadan is a home to cheap foods and folks there no get money feed well..LOL.. grin
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by refiner(f): 11:25am On Apr 18, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

Na suffer u go suffer be that o! We go see how u go take train our kids, when you make dem fatherless.
...lol!gringrin...which kid?...pls wake up its almost midday!tongue
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by Ofudboss(m): 11:30am On Apr 18, 2016
It depends on the type of business nd its location
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by Firstlieutenant(m): 11:35am On Apr 18, 2016
refiner:

...lol!gringrin...which kid?...pls wake up its almost midday!tongue

Our kids nah, the ones wey go resemble u well well.

Babe I don dey awake since the day I jam u 4 NL. Infact, insomnia want to nealy kill me sef. If u like continue to do yanga. I go still dey work on you and very soon u go cave in, like TB joshua church.

1 Like

Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by barapistis(m): 11:45am On Apr 18, 2016
darmochy1:
Hello fellow nairalanders,

I'm currently working on starting a restaurant in Ibadan. I'm planning to start on a small scale before expanding it. The cash on ground right now is 500,000 naira.

I'll love to know if that amount is enough to start something reasonable. I'll love to learn from your wealth of knowledge in terms of the logistics involved amongst others.

Looking forward to your tips. Thanks.

How much you get for consultation,
My reasons

Use to run restaurant before but not now,it something i like any way but i diverted into some other things,so if you need real time consultation and experience,then i am your guy......i am in ib too,

Cost of food shouldnt be more than 200 for a plate,....even if you beside p$ g

Rent shouldnt be more than 120,000 else you go catch fire,

Good environment and a proper drainage system to avoid dirts

Then knowledge of foods and markets,,i still dey rep for bodija

Pots are good tools ....you need to understand their uses

Type of food to cook is highly dependent on the environment

You most be healthy ,i mean very healthy and prayerful to run a restaurant in ibadan,...i get some experience

If you think you know more than this,then you dont need me,....sorry

Marketing,no really the in thing,
how beautiful your shop is dosnt concern ibadan people.....the secret

cook for a certain people who got your money in their hands and a tongue for your food.....speaking of ibadan and kaduna only
Dont know about other locations

3 Likes

Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by saveall: 11:46am On Apr 18, 2016
Hallo, please can someone tell us what and what will be needed in regards to approvals and the likes (Biz registration.etc). Thanks
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by HITTED(m): 11:51am On Apr 18, 2016
Onuohasworld:
is the shop rent inclusive in the 500,00k...?i have very clean usA used micro wave for sale..very cheap..since ur just starting
Mr Onuoha Chukwudi! Everything is business. Na wa o embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by refiner(f): 11:52am On Apr 18, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

Our kids nah, the ones wey go resemble u well well.

Babe I don dey awake since the day I jam u 4 NL. Infact, insomnia want to nealy kill me sef. If u like continue to do yanga. I go still dey work on you and very soon u go cave in, like TB joshua church.
...lol!...u didn't attach my profile to ur siggy?undecided
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by fermonster(m): 11:55am On Apr 18, 2016
Well, my auntie actually started her own restaurant at Oke Bola with just 350k. Don't really know about the renting of shop and all that. But if you are thinking of starting small, then 500k is more than enough I guess. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by Firstlieutenant(m): 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
refiner:

...lol!...u didn't attach my profile to ur siggy?undecided

Is that how we vote?
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by DorisK(f): 12:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
N50,000 is enough sef.....u said small scale
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by tfcinvests: 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
@saveall Search business registrations in nairaland on the homepage and you get tons of people offering this service
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
N500 000 is ok to start on a small scale, just plan well

2 Likes

Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by refiner(f): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2016
Firstlieutenant:

Is that how we vote?
...nop...dat's how we advertise/campaign!smiley
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by Firstlieutenant(m): 12:39pm On Apr 18, 2016
refiner:

...nop...dat's how we advertise/campaign!smiley

Ok. Done it. smiley
Re: Is N500,000 Enough To Start A Small Scale Restaurant? by RobinHez(m): 12:39pm On Apr 18, 2016
aloeman15:
Buka or restaurant?
In your house or rented?
Local or continental?
Busy or quiet area?
Ac or fan?
Terrestial or dstv?
Linoleum or tiles?
Parking or no parking?
Minerals or alcohol?
Freezer or ice block?
Goodluck.

#jots points down.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Begins To Clear FOREX Backlog / I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone / Amazon Beats Apple And Google To Become The World’s Most Valuable Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.