Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. (33826 Views)

Davido's New White Bentley Lands In Nigeria (Photos, Video) / Patoranking Pictured With Mayorkun As They Meet For The First Time / Davido’s New Private Jet: 10 Things To Know About The Air OBO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by Codedrock(m): 8:51am On Apr 18, 2016
CULLED FROM: T.I.N Magazine
[img]http://1.bp..com/-rlK-C8Vq3ic/VxHsZwoOd-I/AAAAAAAACSE/P9rpKNYYPysifP9zybaGtDlhWzD-R-IlACK4B/s640/MAYORKUN.jpg[/img]
Well, it's another beautiful Saturday and you know what we do on Saturdays, we bring you the T.I.N Exclusive... On this week's Exclusive we present you the record setter and ELEKO crooner Mayorkun.... Maybe you don't know him yet but his music video is going to be the fastest debut music video to hit 1million on YouTube Nigeria, (T.I.N Nigeria super records might be presenting him a record certificate soon), as at the time of posting this interview the video has got up to 900k views on YouTube, the video was published just 9days ago and he's got about 900k views? Well, we definitely can tell you no debutant has done that before in Nigeria... He posted a 14secs video of himself singing one of Davido's hit singles and Davido saw the video, got impressed and signed him to his DMW label. Right now Eleko is what everybody is rocking! Well, take your time to know more about the new star MAYORKUN!

Hello Mayorkun, this is Apata interviewing you from T.I.N Magazine

TELL US YOUR FULL NAME

Adewale Mayowa Emmanuel

AGE?

22 years old

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND FAMILY?

My creche, primary and secondary school was in Living-spring montessori / hi grade college. If the school had a university would have gone there also, Lol. Studied accounting in the university of Lagos.

WHERE DO YOU HAIL FROM?

Osun state

HOW FUN AND HARD WAS GROWING UP?

Growing up was more fun than hard for me although there were times when things were so rough that i felt like the poorest kid in the world but people didn't see that, all they saw was, hmmm, that's Mayowa, the son of the actress. Lol. Even in those times we still had fun.

WHAT INSPIRED YOU INTO DOING MUSIC?

Errrr.... Let me say, entertainment has been my family thing. My father is a professional musician/Actor/Director, my mum is an actress, my dad's uncle Segun Adewale, is also a professional musician as well. So i guess it's safe to say my family inspired the whole music thing.

WHEN DID YOU START MUSIC OFFICIALLY?

I started 2013, when i did a track with one of my friends in school, GBO. But I've been writing my songs way back before that.

TELL US CERTAIN DIFFICULTIES YOU FACED AS AN UPCOMING ARTISTE

I faced the same problem every artiste faced while coming up, MONEY!!!. Lol. You know the music business needs a lot of investment and when ya just coming up not so many people wants to invest in your music or something. So I'd say FUNDS was the major problem, the talent was there but there was no way to put it out to the world.

YOUR MOTHER IS A POPULAR ACTRESS HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL?

Funny enough, so many people don't know that's my mum but after the whole signing thing people got to know she is. i used to keep it very lowkey cos i didn't like the attention and all. In my secondary school, very few of my class mates knew she was my mum. People still call till today and say, 'so that's your mum??!' So i feel blessed she's my mum cos trust me she is the best mum you can ever have.

MOST ENTERTAINERS TODAY ARE INSPIRED BY WHAT THEIR PARENTS DO, WHY
DIDN'T YOU GO INTO ACTING?

I did acting at some point, like when i was 13 or something but me i don't really like acting truth be told. Lol

SO, YOUR 14secs VIDEO BROUGHT YOU INTO LIMELIGHT, DID YOU HAD IT
ALL PLANED OUT OR THE VIDEO JUST GOT LUCKY?

The video was lucky! i didn't plan anything. i just had fun with the piano. I couldn't even post the full video because after the singing part we were just laughing and all.

AFTER THE VIDEO GOT POPULAR YOUR MOM MADE A VIDEO THANKING DAVIDO, WAS THAT WHY HE SIGNED YOU?

Lol. He didn't even see it until we spoke about the signing.

OK, KINDLY TELL US WHY DAVIDO DECIDED TO SIGN YOU AFTER COMPLEMENTING YOU

Lol, i think the question is for him to answer.

SO DID YOU RECORD "ELEKO" BEFORE OR AFTER MEETING DAVIDO?

I recorded it after we met.

WELL, AFTER DROPPING ELEKO YOU'VE BEEN GETTING A LOT OF POSITIVE FEEDBACK, ARE YOU SURPRISED?

Errrr, i wont say surprised, i would say I'm just overwhelmed, with the amount of positive comments, cos since i started music people have been giving me positive comments but this one is TEN MUCH!! i really appreciate it!

YOUR MUSIC VIDEO HAS GOT OVER 800K VIEWS IN A WEEK, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT?

I feel great about it! it just gives me the assurance that good music also sells itself.

THERE IS A CONTROVERSY GOING ON ABOUT YOU USING ONE OF DAVIDO'S OLD T-SHIRT IN THE MUSIC VIDEO, YOUR REACTION TO THAT?

When i saw that post i was just laughing! it was so funny that i had to post a comment on the post. i was like, 'Lmfaaaaooooooooo'

ARTISTES YOU LOOK UP TO IN THE INDUSTRY?

There's quite a number of people , first, number one, DAVIDO, OLAMIDE, 2FACE, PASUMA, KING SUNNY ADE, BRYMO so many, everybody doing good music. There's so much you can learn from everybody.

HOW DO YOU SPEND YOUR DAY?

Pray in the morning, studio all through if there's no show or interview or something but most times, i'm in the studio

YOUR CELEBRITY CRUSH?

Niyola

YOUR PLANS FOR 2016?

Dropping hits on hits, push my kind of sound to the world. This year gon be big!

MESSAGE TO YOUR FANS

I love them all. God bless them! -
See more at: http://www.takemetonaija.com/2016/04/tin-exlusive-interview-with-mayorkun.html#more
Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 18, 2016
undecided who even be your fan

HKN is full of childish acts

13 Likes

Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by Codedrock(m): 9:08am On Apr 18, 2016
olihilistic:

Haters spotted.. The guy has got 1million views in just 10days no debutant has done it before. And some guy just said his song is the worst song of the year.. Mumu people with bad taste of music.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by tammyboy1(m): 9:45am On Apr 18, 2016
The guy has a nice voice..#nohomo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by doyinisaac(m): 9:54am On Apr 18, 2016
olihilistic:

childish acts getting successful and making money...

who your matured acts don help??have you eaten today sef??

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by nuelzy: 11:09am On Apr 18, 2016
doyinisaac:

so he cant even voice out his opinion again....??

...i really prefer his type to a thousand of u.....

atleast...he is real...not some likes of u dat attack him online and die of envy inside....

i wonder who d real hater is....

mumu....fake ass dunce....even ur pix is oozing of photoshop.....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by doyinisaac(m): 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2016
nuelzy:
so he cant even voice out his opinion again....??

...i really prefer his type to a thousand of u.....

atleast...he is real...not some likes of u dat attack him online and die of envy inside....

i wonder who d real hater is....

mumu....fake ass dunce....even ur pix is oozing of photoshop.....

will you this dirty gay just leave me alone for Christ sake??are u the one I quoted??you even had to go and check the picture of a fellow guy before u comment??grin i cover my yansh with the blood of jesus...and concerning Photoshop I can't blame you,you do not have common sense enough to know a photoshop or not.....your stupidity is irritating and beyond imagination...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by demolinka(m): 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2016
To that mod that banned me, I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for egunje, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I
have acquired over a very long queue at the filling station. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you promise not to ban me again, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will take every drop of petrol in your keg...all of it.

74 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2016
How much did Davido pay for this post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by yinkakani(m): 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2016
Kikikikikikikikiki grin . . . .celebrity crush: niyola. Very soon, U too will start singing I WANT TO HIM HMM HMM HMM KYLIE JENNER cheesy cheesy
Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by kennyman2000(m): 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
Looks like 50cent. May God bless ur hustle brother!

1 Like

Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by sandraokosun: 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
j
Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by mayorjosh(m): 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2016
ok...this guy's jam has been on replay ever since

Iamsynord and any other person can keep saying what they like...Eleko ride on!!!

if you try to reply me your device will just catch fire undecided
Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by amarachi06(f): 6:20pm On Apr 18, 2016
So na dis one dey cause wahala for B Red? Too childish

1 Like

Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by largeman4u(m): 6:20pm On Apr 18, 2016
Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 18, 2016
Keep enjoying David''s influence
Jaywilmorts:

Hater spotted.
Tomorrow you will be fighting and struggling just to shake your bum in his video
so i can't voice my opinion again,can u prove that David effort and influence did not contribute to the success of the video..and 4 the STRUGGLINg and shaking of bum,i wish you,ur sisters and children what u wish me.
Thanks....
Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by bunmioguns(m): 6:21pm On Apr 18, 2016
cool
Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by Jaywilmorts: 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2016
rIaYoll:
Keep enjoying David''s influence
Hater spotted.
Tomorrow you will be fighting and struggling just to shake your bum in his video

2 Likes

Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by prinsam30: 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2016
this generation is just wasted, what lesson will you learn from all these new generation singers, I weep seriously
Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by YourNemesis: 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
This guy's First single was a BOMB
Been replaying the song since like Kilode?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTE2vWk7RE

6 Likes

Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by sofiaqueen: 6:25pm On Apr 18, 2016
keep the good work
Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 18, 2016
grin
demolinka:
To that mod that banned me, I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for egunje, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I
have acquired over a very long queue at the filling station. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you promise not to ban me again, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will take every drop of petrol in your keg...all of it.

1 Like

Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by Ptoocool(m): 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ologi
Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by koolkamzzy(m): 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2016
Codedrock:

Haters spotted.. The guy has got 1million views in just 10days no debutant has done it before. And some guy just said his song is the worst song of the year.. Mumu people with bad taste of music.
The song got a million view not cos it's dope but cos of all the controversy with B red. I had to go watch it myself cos of the whole stunt and was surprised it already hit a million view.

2 Likes

Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by Robertbh(m): 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2016
doyinisaac:

loool u just killed me
Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by Mediapace: 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2016
Where in osun state
Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by Big4wig(m): 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2016
Music in Nigeria is all about good beat,will be expecting some poor Lyrics & great beat 4rm u bro afterall all na business. The day an igbo hotel owner became furious about d whereabouts of 10 naira maggi was d day i know igbo men really mean business..
Re: Interview With MAYORKUN The "Eleko" Crooner,davido's New Artiste. by kennysteve77: 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2016
Welcome to Stardom, Mayokun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hakeem Effect Transforms Nancy Isime And IK Ogbonna To Their Opposite Sex(es) / Photos From Olaniyi Afonja Sanyeri’s 40th Birthday Party / Mike Godson To Online Beggar: "Go Ask Davido For Help He Has N30bn In Account"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.