Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

They Dont Like Their New House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Dont Like Their New House (1109 Views)

Why Are First Sons Always Look Like Their Mother. / Why Are The Children Of The Rich Men Don't Make It Like Their Fathers? / I Didnt Like My Dad When I Was A Kid And Still Dont Like Him Now I'm Grown Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Dont Like Their New House by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 18, 2016
Hello nairalanders. Pls help advise my friend. Her and her hubby were cash strapped last month. A landlord agreed for them to move into a room and parlour self con. They did not like the house because the bathroom and kitchen were outside on the left and right of their balcony. But because they had no money, they moved in. The landlord is expecting his rent by this month end. They want to give the landlord one month's rent or appreciation money and move out to a real flat or self con. Neighbors and people across the street sometimes see them coming in and out of their toilet and kitchen. Some can perceive what the wife is cooking n see her carrying food ingredients to and from kitchen. They are uncomfortable doing this for longer. They signed the normal agreement paper landlords in Nigeria give. If they rent another house as soon as they get money instead of paying one year's rent on this present house, is it bad? Is it legal? They are expecting a bigger job in another far away location. When it comes through, they can move without hurting the kind landlord or any legal implication. But if it does not come before then, can they still move out? She is worried and uncomfortable
Re: They Dont Like Their New House by yvelchstores(f): 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2016
The land lord did them a great favor when they had no roof over their head nor money and then they didn't complain. Now they hv money they shld be ready to give him like three months worth for one month or pay up full amount because 1) he allowed them to move in without pay n it's very rare to see such happen.2) because it might take him a month or two to get another tenant. They shld pay it with "abeg" cos they are defaulting.

2 Likes

Re: They Dont Like Their New House by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 29, 2016
Thanks. She concurs. I pray they get the better job and move soonest. That environment is not for their type at all. A compound where some women will come and sit outside in the yard gossipping and talking from morning till evening! So irritating.
Re: They Dont Like Their New House by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2016
Op they are not defaulting in any way.. Everything in life is manner of approach.
What the tenant should do is this. Wait till when uv gotten the job and other comfortable flat. Calculate how many months uv stayed in this self cobtain, even if its one month.. Take one month rent, buy a carton of wine and half bag of rice .. Meet with the landlord, first present the gifts first and thank him so much for his kindness , then u and yur husband shud explain to him that your husband has been transfered to another state with the same company and u were given company quaters to stay in.. Exactly like the one u are also living in his compound.. And how you and yur husband wish, they had not transffered him.. If not u, both of u are loving this place already due to the friendly nature of the tenants.
By dear, with this reason, he will accept the one month u will.pay him and he will even pray for both of you sef with joy and gratitude in his heart.
Everything is manner of approach and everybody involved is happy.
Simple.

1 Like

Re: They Dont Like Their New House by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 29, 2016
Amelian, thats a very good idea. ok. Will relay it to her. Thanks

1 Like

Re: They Dont Like Their New House by jokepearl(f): 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
Amelian:
Op they are not defaulting in any way.. Everything in life is manner of approach.
What the tenant should do is this. Wait till when uv gotten the job and other comfortable flat. Calculate how many months uv stayed in this self cobtain, even if its one month.. Take one month rent, buy a carton of wine and half bag of rice .. Meet with the landlord, first present the gifts first and thank him so much for his kindness , then u and yur husband shud explain to him that your husband has been transfered to another state with the same company and u were given company quaters to stay in.. Exactly like the one u are also living in his compound.. And how you and yur husband wish, they had not transffered him.. If not u, both of u are loving this place already due to the friendly nature of the tenants.
By dear, with this reason, he will accept the one month u will.pay him and he will even pray for both of you sef with joy and gratitude in his heart.
Everything is manner of approach and everybody involved is happy.
Simple.

That is deceitful.

She signed a contract and there are consequences to that. I advice she gets someone else to rent the place, or pay the landlord the rent until he gets a new tenant.
Re: They Dont Like Their New House by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 30, 2016
jokepearl:

That is deceitful.

She signed a contract and there are consequences to that. I advice she gets someone else to rent the place, or pay the landlord the rent until he gets a new tenant.

Its not deceitful... Its pure common sense.. Rent contracts can be adjusted depending on the understanding nature of the landlord..

Why pay for a full year, when u were only there for a month?
Why sublet to someonelse when its unlawful to do such? And its not like she has paid any money to the landlord before?
The landlord has the right to accept her plea , collects the one month rent and gifts.. Then rent it to someonelse and case closed.
If i were the landlord, i see nothing wrong with the approach.. It has worked before for others and it will continue to work , as long as the tenant didnt abscond and pay nothing and also if the landlord is kind hearted.. Apart from the two agreeing , then u can say its deceitful.

Op, its pure common sense..
Let your friend do it the way i mentioned earlier, the landlord will be happy..

Some landlords even allow tenants to stay free in their house without paying a dime.. It happens.. And my late mum did such favour to a church member who needed a place to stay for a while. And guess what? The tenant stayed in my mum's house a full one year, without my mum askingfor a dime... And she was cool and happy with her decision.
Not every landlord is so hung up on money.

Who can even pay one year rent and u only stayed for one or two months? Thats if the rent was not paid before one packs in.
I never see o..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Inspiring Story Of How Vincent Adeoba's Sister Sacrifice Her Education For Him / 5 Causes Of 'Paper-Bag' Marriage In Nigerian Societies / Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.