Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing (1109 Views)

Moral Decadence : The "Benefit Boys" Trend / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? / Mother Buys Ford Mustang For Her Son For His 21st Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2017
My 105 grandma was feeling heat that particular day so she had to off her buba and underwear, to my utmost surprise grin what I saw was a tattoo beneath those boobs just like Rihanna's shocked she has so many of it on her hands and legs to her thigh self, that was not a big deal cos it's a common thing among those old people in my area, but beneath her boobs?? Was it not supposed to be a private area considering that these people hold morals in high esteem undecided have we been deceived? It was funny to my sister and I, what if I got one done under my boobs? She'd probably be the first person to preach morality to me. When I gisted my mum about it she didn't even sound surprised she said "ehn even my grandma has it under hers also, only that she doesn't go about flaunting it like girls of today's would do" lipsrsealed this is someone that will be in her 150's if she was still alive. There are ancient artworks that consist of naked mothers and their babies, I remember seeing few of them while growing up. So what's the fuse about maternity pictures??
The truth is all of today's fashion are modernization of what was left behind by our ancestors, nothing is new actually, they had tattoos during their own time and saw it as no big deal but now anyone with it is tagged irresponsible, whoever told us they don't smoke and drink?? Of course they do! Some died along with it...m not even joking. Have u ever seen an old woman draw eye pencil for u grin did any of us attend a public secondary school? Did u get to see those old teachers with their tangled weave on and attachment...lols. Our great grandmas didn't fix it cos it wasn't available not cos they love the natural hair that much! Teenage pregnancy is not a new thing, tho it's on the rise but it's never a 21st century ish, women having multiple sex partners ain't new either, some will even carry their concubine pikin give husband thank goodness nothin like DNA then, let's not deceive ourself, a kid that is over 6 already knows what sex is undecided tho they might not have the knowledge to grasp the whole thing but they do, it's not new either. Most of these old people lived in one room with their parents so they saw a live version of it tongue have u ever watched a romantic movie around kids of 6-8? Why do they tilt their head away from the scene of sex? because they know what is about to happen lipsrsealed
The only thing that has changed is the media and education, cos it makes us see things from a different perspective. Ladies now smoke cos they feel like if a man can do it then a woman can. married woman also wanna enjoy what their mothers didn't enjoy in their husbands house,talk about caring for the babies and helping with house works. Men have always been polygamous in nature grin , don't even say today's women like money cos women have always loved it. Let's enjoy this century while it last kiss who knows what the next generation would do??
Happy weekend y'all
Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by illicit(m): 12:52pm On Mar 25, 2017
oya wey d pix
Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by coldgate(f): 1:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nothing new under the sun. Lol

1 Like

Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by Dyt(f): 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
I love tattoos

1 Like

Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
I never knew tattoo was in vogue then grin.

1 Like

Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by bukatyne(f): 11:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by bukatyne(f): 11:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
@classicB,

Thank you.

The bible also tells you that nothing is new under the sun. The media just brought it out.

What would a woman who seduces her FIL to have a child for her husband's family line be called?

Or one who sleeps with his father's wife openly?

Or rapes his sister?

Or sleeps with a wife & kill the man?

Or a whole town that wants to rape fellow men?

Or a person whose fiancee was raped all night and he cut her into twelve pieces?

Or the length of oleku back in the days? Ma fo gutter skirt? Shirtless afro men?

Imagine 5 guys with afro snap shirtless... I am sure their fathers would have a fit!
Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by dangotesmummy: 7:15am On Mar 30, 2017
Brb
Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by nanauju(f): 7:21am On Mar 30, 2017
Interesting
Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by Idydarling(f): 8:32am On Mar 30, 2017
hmmm
Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 30, 2017
Lol. my grandma had that ancient type of tatoo on her arm, down to her hands.
All my elderly Aunts do too.

It looks very traditional, like ancient code words or arts.

Before anyone concludes there's anything new in this world, let him check history first.
Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 30, 2017
ToriBlue:
I never knew tattoo was in vogue then grin.

Maybe your grandnies don't have it. but If you go to your village, you will see.
Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by greatgod2012(f): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2017
Nothing new under the heaven!

I have some pictures my mum and dad took when they were dating and even after they got married! Omo! Dem no born me well to wear those kinds of dresses now if I no wan risk being disowned!

Which one do you really want to talk about!

Is it the afro wig on my mum?

Or the mafogurter skirts/gowns she had in multiples?

Or the high heel shoes she also had in multiples

Or the eye brows with their pancakes?

What about the extremely tight fitted blouses?

And for dad, do you want to try the slight or half or double partings of his hair style?
Or the killer suits?
Or the shoes with it's pointed nose!

Abeg, I no fit laugh!

They also enjoyed their lives jare!

I lived with my maternal grandma during my primary school days, she too had tattoos on her tummy, leg and hands. She tattooed the name of her husband on her tummy while her own name was tattooed on her hand. A beautiful flower on her back!

Abeg, I no fit shout, whatever will make someone happy, one should go for it. Anytime my mum tries to condemn whatever I was putting on, especially before I got married, I usually remind her of those photos!
Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by Acidosis(m): 10:20am On Mar 30, 2017
The older generations are as corrupt as the present day generation.

Everything we do today, we learnt from the oldies. If grannie had tattoos, it doesn't make it right for you the grand child.

If we all decide to pick everything our forefathers did, then we are in for bigger troubles. What I will say is, while some people are trying to correct their father's mistakes by living rightly, a lot more are so insensible that they fail to understand the time.

As an individual, if your forefather was so reckless with se.x giving birth and marrying wives on a local government basis, you as a son needs to correct that.
Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by Obembem: 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
Acidosis:

The older generations are as corrupt as the present day generation.

Everything we do today, we learnt from the oldies. If grannie had tattoos, it doesn't make it right for you the grand child.

If we all decide to pick everything our forefathers did, then we are in for bigger troubles. What I will say is, while some people are trying to correct their father's mistakes by living rightly, a lot more are so insensible that they fail to understand the time.

As an individual, if your forefather was so reckless with se.x giving birth and marrying wives on a local government basis, you as a son needs to correct that.

in as much as i don't know you I'll have to agree with you. Cos my grandfather was from a royal family so he has like 45grandchild till his death decade ago. Now as a grandchild i can't go all out and have multiple offsprings cos its detrimental.
Now you can't even have a second wife, with your first wife not putting up a fight with you coupled with family members. But then as a man you can take up wives as many as you can.
In essence am saying 'somethings' that are allowed then are not allowed now while somethings that are kept at bay then have crossed the line now.
Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by ifyan(m): 10:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Wait are you guys surprised. It just like saying other centuries have a better governing law than now.

Read more

Besides nothing is hidden under the sun
Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by ifyan(m): 10:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
And wait again ACIDOSIS you still de this forum or is it my eyes that is deceiving me.

Long line time ( old Nairaland members)

Forgotten many monikers. But if I see some l will likely remember
Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by Acidosis(m): 11:04pm On Mar 30, 2017
ifyan:
And wait again ACIDOSIS you still de this forum or is it my eyes that is deceiving me.

Long line time ( old Nairaland members)

Forgotten many monikers. But if I see some l will likely remember

Bros I still dey oo...
grin
Re: Let us hear word! Moral decadence is not a 21st century thing by ifyan(m): 11:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
Acidosis:

Bros I still dey oo...

What's your main handle?

Back then l wasn't a registered member but a regular visitor

(1) (Reply)

26 Viruses That Kill Marriages / Check Oout This Maternity Shoot, Hubby Holds A Gun (photo) / OMG!! Naked Couple Fall To Their Death From A Balcony While Having S*x (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.