Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? (2753 Views)

why Middle Belt Is Not A Threat To The Core North / ‘no Fulani Herdsman Jumped Into Benue River’- State Government Reveal / Group Seeks Middle Belt’s Separation From The Core North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by Caseless: 9:22am On Apr 19, 2016
naijagobetter:
there are, though very few but they always find a way to settle without fighting or kiipllings, you know why? THEY ARE ALL MUSLIMS while the other are NOT. Take it or leave it
you think those you see carrying herds in the forest care about religion? Most of them don't care and are free of religion-their religion are their herds and they can kill for them.
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by aventura: 9:55am On Apr 19, 2016
Caseless:
Before the arrival of boko haram, we had that in the NW & NE. It's is stil there in bauchi , gombe, taraba etc. Maybe it is because of how they handle them in the core north; they are not seen as outsiders like you do to them in the south...they are 'incoporated' into the society and identities known.
I was at a border town in katsina (between nigeria and niger), the came fully armed, and were all masked in their turban asking me to describe a certain town to them, but I told them I knew not. With the look on their faces, I knew they were going to ransack a town. 'It took God's grace and the heart of man that day that I was not harmed''
brother fear catch me as I read ur post. Let's leave God aside, would you agree with me when I say was because you're a Fulani that was why your life was spared. Imagine a southerner like me in your shoes. Dem for dey use my skull dey play ball now.
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by Bobandgreat: 10:30am On Apr 19, 2016
fuckDmod:
Why would they attack,when bubu nd other Fulani's who are basre in d core north are the ones sponsorin terrorism.aboki's would ignore this thread,but a day is coming when d whole nigeria would dtand agaisnt nd destroy foolanis's

Not likely when their slaves still exist. Some people don't know how to live as free men. They've been so enslaved that its now normal to them. Any other way is abnormal.
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by Caseless: 10:51am On Apr 19, 2016
aventura:
brother fear catch me as I read ur post. Let's leave God aside, would you agree with me when I say was because you're a Fulani that was why your life was spared. Imagine a southerner like me in your shoes. Dem for dey use my skull dey play ball now.
sometimes I sit and think how miraculous it was for me to have escaped 'unhurt' that day. It's not about tribe, those ones can kill anything when they come for revenge. If they had killed me that day, i'd have gone without a trace cos none of my family members knew I was on that trip.
Infact, while they were going, I said, 'sai anjima' (meaning bye-bye), none of them responded.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by MashinDoze(m): 11:06am On Apr 19, 2016
stephenmorris:
taraba is no more north
for ur infomation taraba is majority a fulani state.. pls google is a friend
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by MashinDoze(m): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2016
Godjone:
mr boy, apply brake small and withle down this ur vituperation. When i say core-north, i am refering to areas where we have a complete fulani inhabitants. Let me educate you. Benue is just a stone throw from taraba. So therefore, geographically, taraba can't be core-north
mr man have u heard abt cattle rustlers in the core north. who are doz dat engage in dat criminal activity.. the problem with u people is to learn how to call a criminal by its name no matter who dey are. Yes some fulani's av being a nuissance thru out d country and law should catch up with dem. but u guyz try to wail as if dey are targeting u guys whre u are also guity of shielding known criminals dwn south...'polo come's to mind
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 19, 2016
MashinDoze:
for ur infomation taraba is majority a fulani state.. pls google is a friend
I will not foolishly waste my time googling it,because every knowledgeable man knows that taraba has a majority of tiv,idoma and jukun with fulani minorities
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by naijagobetter(m): 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
Caseless:
you think those you see carrying herds in the forest care about religion? Most of them don't care and are free of religion-their religion are their herds and they can kill for them.
Says who? Dont decieve yourself, those killing people during religious crises hardly can recite a verse of the quaran, can boko haram do same? No! They have been brain washed.
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
Godjone:
Having read almost all the national dailies and some online information medium concerning the daily attacks by the fulani herdsmen, i am yet to read a news about how fulani herdsmen were engaged in a clash with core-northern farmers.

From the plateau end near Bauchi to the whole of the Middle-belt, the fulanis have strategically wrecked a high magnitude of carnage on unsuspecting farmers. Killing, pilfering, raping, destruction of farmland and taking over of territories.

The herdsmen unanimously extended their attacks down Eastern Nigeria and are steadily and rapidly spreading across the South and West in droves .

And the big question is:
why are fulani attacks unnoticed in the core-north? Or is it that there are no farmers again up North? Or could this, be an intentional act of unleashing mayhem on a race or segment of the country

Lala,
mynd44,
Tonye. B,
omenka,
thruckpusher,
chukwudi,
pidggin,
ngeneukwuenu,
etc.
Make una shook mouth for this matter na

The Fulani and farmers clashes have been with us in this country and beyond for as long as there were farmers and Fulani. It is neither a problem confined only to the south or middlebelt but also in the cor north.

The only reason why we are not hearing so much of the atrocities in the core north is because of ethnic politics.
The Nigerian media is almost wholly owned and controlled by southerners who champion and readily give everything an ethnic colouration.
Only day before yesterday, 17/04/16 some ppl were gunned down by Fulani in Zamfara state, which was not covered by the majority of the press (with exception of BBC Hausa News) because such killings will not sell them news.

In other words Fulani killings only become newsworthy when the victims are southerners or Christians and such news are often framed to make it as sensational as possible, in order to whip up maximum sentiments and emotions.
For example, I noticed how yesterday a thread was opened specifically showcasing pictures of the wife, aged mother and another relative of the security man allegedly killed by Fulani on Olu Falae's farm.
It was glaringly obvious that the motive and the focus was to escalate emotions and further drive the wedge between the north and south divide.
It does not need rocket science to read between these lines and notice that majority of the anti Hausa/Fulani, anti north, anti Muslim news in the print, electronic and particularly in the social media (just like this very thread) are being sponsored by ppl from the SE/SS - especially IPOBians for their obvious separatist agenda and as sour grapes over the loss of the presidency to PMB, a man who currently represents and ticks all the boxes of their hatred.
Its as simple as that - SMH.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

The Fulani and farmers clashes have with us in this country and beyond for as long as there were farmers and Fulani. It is neither a problem confined only to the south or middlebelt but also in the cor north.

The only reason why we are not hearing so much of the atrocities in the core north is because of ethnic politics.
The Nigerian media is almost wholly owned and controlled by southerners who champion and readily give everything an ethnic colouration.
Only day before yesterday, 17/04/16 some ppl were gunned down by Fulani in Zamfara state, which was not covered by the majority of the press (with exception of BBC Hausa News) because such killings will not sell them news.

In other words Fulani killings only become newsworthy when the victims are southerners or Christians and such news are often framed to make it as sensational as possible, in order to whip up maximum sentiments and emotions.
For example, I noticed how yesterday a thread was opened specifically showcasing pictures of the wife, aged mother and another relative of the security man allegedly killed by Fulani on Olu Falae's farm.
It was glaringly obvious that the motive and the focus was to escalate emotions and further drive the wedge between the north and south divide.
It does not need rocket science to read between these lines and notice that majority of the anti Hausa/Fulani, anti north, anti Muslim news in the print, electronic and particularly in the social media (just like this very thread) are being sponsored by ppl from the SE/SS - especially IPOBians for their obvious separatist agenda and as sour grapes over the loss of the presidency to PMB, a man who currently represents and ticks all the boxes of their hatred.

Then I think its part of your responsibility as a well meaning Nigerian to highlight this issue,
The herdsmen menace is a national issue and must be treated as such.
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

The Fulani and farmers clashes have with us in this country and beyond for as long as there were farmers and Fulani. It is neither a problem confined only to the south or middlebelt but also in the cor north.

Please, please and please stop categorizing d SS along with d SE! We re diff pple! The SE is nt SS! We re diff from pple of d SE! We re not haters! We ve even moved on from GEJ loss! If we in d SS demonstrate against Fulani herdsmen its not because we hate them rather its because of their killings! Their killings re strange to us! For d lastime pls, d SSners re not ibos!
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by BAILMONEY: 7:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
EdCure:
I believe there are. But it is not reported because Hausa no dey complain against their fulani lords.
EOD
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Then I think its part of your responsibility as a well meaning Nigerian to highlight this issue,
The herdsmen menace is a national issue and must be treated as such.

Yes indeed it is a national issue, as more and more virgin grassland are being taken over and converted to farmlands, there are bound to be clashes with nomadic herdsmen who naturally become resentful of being pushed out to less and less free range grazing ground with their whole lifestyle and culture coming under threat.
The problem needs to be viewed and treated more holistically and I commend the government for trying to do something about it by coming up with grazing bill - unfortunately the media is looking at it from a one dimensional perspective and preaching same to an already prejudiced southern audience..

NOETHNICITY:
Please, please and please stop categorizing d SS along with d SE! We re diff pple! The SE is nt SS! We re diff from pple of d SE! We re not haters! We ve even moved on from GEJ loss! If we in d SS demonstrate against Fulani herdsmen its not because we hate them rather its because of their killings! Their killings re strange to us! For d lastime pls, d SSners re not ibos!

Your objection noted and shall subsequently be properly accommodated - my bad.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Yes indeed it is a national issue, as more and more virgin grassland are being taken over and converted to farmlands, there are bound to be clashes with nomadic herdsmen we naturally become resentful of being pushed out to less and less free range grazing ground with their whole lifestyle and culture coming under threat.
The problem needs to be viewed and treated more holistically and I commend the government for trying to do something about it by coming up with grazing bill - unfortunately the media is looking at it from a one dimensional perspective and preaching same to an already prejudiced southern audience..

Your objection noted and shall subsequently be properly accommodated - my bad.

Its good to know there are still objective people,
Journalism this days is sensationalism, they give people what they want to hear, not what they have to hear, which is very bad. We have progressed from junk food to junk media and we are having junk mentality.
There are cattle rearers in mt home town, and no issues yet, we hope there wont be any. Constant education is what we need.

The SE geopolitical zone is 98% igbo, while the SS geopolitical zone is comprised of a lot of tribes including igbos and igboids. There is no tribe called South South or niger delta. I don't know the statement that led to your apologies, I just wanted to clarify you on the guy you quoted.
There is a lot more to understand concerning the old eastern region, maybe later.
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by nduchucks: 8:45pm On Apr 19, 2016
Op's question is a dumb one.

The simple answer is that the Fulanis have not been attacked nor had their historical grazing areas encroached upon by sprawling, in the "core North" as we see in the South.
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by Godjone(m): 12:29pm On Apr 20, 2016
All i know is that, there is a grand design decimate a segment of the country
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by Godjone(m): 12:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
nduchucks:
Op's question is a dumb one.

The simple answer is that the Fulanis have not been attacked nor had their historical grazing areas encroached upon by sprawling, in the "core North" as we see in the South.
u be olodo grin
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Its good to know there are still objective people,
Journalism this days is sensationalism, they give people what they want to hear, not what they have to hear, which is very bad.
We have progressed from junk food to junk media and we are having junk mentality.
There are cattle rearers in mt home town, and no issues yet, we hope there wont be any. Constant education is what we need.

The SE geopolitical zone is 98% igbo, while the SS geopolitical zone is comprised of a lot of tribes including igbos and igboids. There is no tribe called South South or niger delta. I don't know the statement that led to your apologies, I just wanted to clarify you on the guy you quoted.
There is a lot more to understand concerning the old eastern region, maybe later.

I totally agree with your views on our journalism/media as epitomized by the following quote.

Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 1:50am On Aug 15, 2017
op on point
Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by BAILMONEY: 1:55am On Aug 15, 2017
Benikuuse:
I know they will start insulting buhari for that, i wonder what this old man has done. Is Taraba not core north? Was it not few days ago Fulani clash with junkun? Or is benue not in the north(north central) ask yourself why is it that boko haram is only in the north? Your useless southern youths are bombing pipelines now which is causing electric supply and drop in fuel production all over the country not only in the south.
DONT BE SURPRISE THAT THIS DUDE IM QUOTING IS A YORUBA MUSLIMsad

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Fulani Attacks In Core North ? by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 15, 2017
Because the newspapers are biased in reporting it. When fulanis are killed or attacked. No one reports it. Bt when Fulani' s do. Na wahala. I served in a South Eastern state with lots of herdsmen (from okenne). Most of the cows dont even belong to them bt the indigenes. They are not all beasts as commonly portrayed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: The Burial Of General Aguiyi-Ironsi / Lere Olayinka:Compare Fake Zenith Bank Letter Vs Real Zenith Bank Letter(Pic) / NAIRALAND 2019 POLLS: WHO CAN DEFEAT BUHARI...Pls Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.